Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General MMA Chat/News mk3 - **No Spoilers Use Event Threads**

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Platnium Mike Perry was in flying form on the mma hour this week. Fascinating man and i find him to be very funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭The Floyd p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

D.Q wrote: »
    So uh.. When did you get your black belt john.. Uh huh... Hey, have you ever seen how BIG chimp balls are? Jamie pull that up. Those mother****ers are dangerous man. Look at the size of that thing. They will **** you up.

Yeah I keep chickens. As pets though. We dont eat em. They're ****ing DINOSAURS man

Even though you didn't ask, I..... actually think of mma as high level problem solving, with dire physical consequences

This sums up Rogan perfectly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,397 ✭✭✭xtal191

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,904 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I wouldn't mind seeing this, he's a brilliant analyst and found him very interesting in the JRE.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

xtal191 wrote: »

I got my tickets over the weekend. Should be excellent. I think it's more about his life than just solely focusing on MMA.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 993 ✭✭✭bigslick

Fight night i presume. Any ideas on headlines? Both Duffy and Gunni coming off losses

https://twitter.com/MMAFighting/status/967090030073262082?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

https://www.mmafighting.com/2018/2/23/17044924/ufc-planning-return-to-dublin-later-this-year
    Basically confirmation of a Dublin show in May. Surely Gunni will headline. Who else is "local" and can headline? Well except McGregor v Edgar of course......

Be great if Joe Duffy got on the card

Would love to go to this since I missed the last one. Tickets will probably be overpriced and hard to get. Surely Duffy and Gunni will be on it. Would be class if Artem makes it but might be a bit closer to N. Also I think it's time for Cathal to come out of retirement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,386 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Would love to go to this since I missed the last one.

You're lucky as it was sh1te :o

Ais Dalys entrance was better than any of the fights :P

Should've seen the current heavyweight champ fight live in the flesh (fight that had me on board for jumping for tickets immediately)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Two years ago today, dos Anjos pulled out of the McGregor fight.

Mad to think how different the UFC landscape may have been if that had gone ahead.

Five years to the day since Rousey vs Carmouche.

Liz was so, so, so close to finishing that fight with the choke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,453 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Paully D wrote: »
    Five years to the day since Rousey vs Carmouche.

Liz was so, so, so close to finishing that fight with the choke.

As fun as that would have been, would women's MMA be where it is without the big winning streak and dominant performances that Ronda brought?

She really put bums in seats and brought attention to the women's game whilst distracting people from the fact that it was actually quite poor at that point.

If she had been derailed and nosedived then the way she has now, would the division even have lasted? Never mind more divisions being added?

(Actually ignore that, if Liz had won the UFC would have granted Ronda immediate rematches until she got the belt)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,386 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

DrPhilG wrote: »
    As fun as that would have been, would women's MMA be where it is without the big winning streak and dominant performances that Ronda brought?

Arguably no, they'd a slight back-up in Miesha and say that was emphasized by the fact Cat knee'd her off (one of the best WMMA fights) and still handed her the TV show against Ronda which you'd have to think was the plan before Cat's personal problems.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,217 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

I don't think it's arguable, i think it's a definite.

Ronda really brought so many eyes to WMMA, and in a very strong way brought WMMA to the UFC.

Like her or love or she did so much for other women

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,930 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

paddy up in a few mins...this is so exciting :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,944 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

mailburner wrote: »
    paddy up in a few mins...this is so exciting :P

Can't stand him, did he just say "I'm not just the best lightweight in CW, i'm the best lightweight in the world" :pac::pac::pac:

what a helmet

Paddy Pimblet, 'I'm not just the best lightweight in Cage Warriors, I'm the best lightweight in the world'.

Has he even fought at lightweight yet?? Gas man!

scudzilla wrote: »
    Can't stand him, did he just say "I'm not just the best lightweight in CW, i'm the best lightweight in the world" :pac::pac::pac:

what a helmet

not one in a million he's one in a billion he says :pac:

i've 11/4 on his opponent so am quite hopeful with that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭The White Feather

mailburner wrote: »

i've 11/4 on his opponent so am quite hopeful with that

Lovely sweep by him there. Now its a grappling match!

• Advertisement

That's a decent first round I had to say. Non stop.

great first round

****e...i was wrong :pac:

goodbye twenty euro

Beautiful sub!

Still way overated

love paddy the baddy

• Advertisement

love paddy the baddy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

I slated Paddy's skills in the mma gambling thread and to be honest that performance didn't exactly blow me away either but he oozes charisma and there is a lack of young MMA fighters who do ooze charisma these days. Hopefully he improves and makes his way to the UFC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Paddy got destroyed by Erosa but because his manager is the owner of the promotion and the person who hired and paid the judges, he got a win on the cards. CW is a farce of an organisation.

Looks like Till just confirmed he's going to be on the Dublin card.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

Whelo79 wrote: »
    Looks like Till just confirmed he's going to be on the Dublin card.

That's kind of how I read it too - until they said about Chris fishgold Co headlining? Hardly...?

dulux99 wrote: »
    That's kind of how I read it too - until they said about Chris fishgold Co headlining? Hardly...?

No chance of that. Maybe Fishgold is going to move to the UFC but they were just talking about him and Pimblet being team mates and now both lightweights.

dulux99 wrote: »

They could put me co headlining and the sheep would sell buy all the tickets to sell it out.

If you'd said to me 5yrs ago that i wouldn't be interested in a UFC card on my doorstep then i'd have told you to give your head a wobble, now i just have zero interest in it, will be crazy prices, mad scramble for tickets and a card that's not worth the ticket price.

Coupled with all the idiots that will be going, the weeks of build up questions..."Is Conor fighting"

Rather stick a fork in me eye and i love the sport

scudzilla wrote: »
    They could put me co headlining and the sheep would sell buy all the tickets to sell it out.

If you'd said to me 5yrs ago that i wouldn't be interested in a UFC card on my doorstep then i'd have told you to give your head a wobble, now i just have zero interest in it, will be crazy prices, mad scramble for tickets and a card that's not worth the ticket price.

Coupled with all the idiots that will be going, the weeks of build up questions..."Is Conor fighting"

Rather stick a fork in me eye and i love the sport

This is the only way we get UFC cards coming to Ireland. A semi decent main event with maybe a good co main if we are lucky and then the rest full of local talent and journeymen.

It's either that or nothing. I'll be going, but I also go to a lot of cards in Ireland, BAMMA, Bellator, local promotions like Cage Legacy, Battlezone and Clan Wars or Akuma up north if I can.

Whelo79 wrote: »
    This is the only way we get UFC cards coming to Ireland. A semi decent main event with maybe a good co main if we are lucky and then the rest full of local talent and journeymen.

It's either that or nothing. I'll be going, but I also go to a lot of cards in Ireland, BAMMA, Bellator, local promotions like Cage Legacy, Battlezone and Clan Wars or Akuma up north if I can.

Sure, i'll go to the 'smaller' cards not a bother, much better bang for your buck

Paddy got destroyed by Erosa but because his manager is the owner of the promotion and the person who hired and paid the judges, he got a win on the cards. CW is a farce of an organisation.

It's not a proper Cage Warriors show without you pointing this out! Though I am just kidding around because you are probably right.

• Advertisement

Till vs Nelson at ufc Dublin by the sounds of it. I will go to that one.

A very enjoyable cage warriors card so far

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Tommo3434343

Where are people hearing the Till/Nelson rumours? I couldn't spot anything on their social media about it.

Also, what price range for tickets do you guys think we're looking at for this event? Never been before.

Also, what price range for tickets do you guys think we're looking at for this event? Never been before.

It'll probably be something like:

€50
    €100
    €125
    €150
    €200
    €250

There'll be about 3 tickets at €50 and little chance of €100's either.

Last time the only ones we could get were the €125's and we were well back, and this was with Fight Club pre-sale!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Brussels Sprout

pBNcEJT.png

:eek:

:eek:

Colby is getting very boring now. Just over-the-top controversial stuff after over-the-top controversial stuff.

Paully D wrote: »
    Colby is getting very boring now. Just over-the-top controversial stuff after over-the-top controversial stuff.

Yeah there is a line between getting a good witty dig in to being just a plain arsehole. He tends to be the latter too much. He has the right idea trying to be a heel to get a bit of attention but ends up just being stupid

there can't be a bigger tool out there.

looking at the rankings I'm not sure he has the beating of anyone above or a few below him, reckon this might be the end of his run.
    I'd see the likes of usman taking cc without too much difficulty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

I'd love to see Till wreck him.

• Advertisement

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement