Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General MMA Chat/News mk3 - **No Spoilers Use Event Threads**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Grand, McGregor Gaejthe please with Ferguson Nate Diaz as co-main. That would be just lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

They must be paying the big bucks for that guarantee, I'd imagine none of the bigger draw Champs will be on those ppvs but we shall see.

Can't be any worse than ufc 112.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Ush1 wrote: »
    Grand, McGregor Gaejthe please with Ferguson Nate Diaz as co-main. That would be just lovely.
    And about 1 billion security staff to keep them apart :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

Are you getting mixed up here, any combination of Conor, Tony and Gathje. **** Nate. Wouldn't mind seen the trilogy down the line but Nate has no business near a title or contender spot

Would love to see this introduced to UFC just to see Ali explode

https://twitter.com/arielhelwani/status/1122714737672892416?s=19

Edit: no pun intended with explode 💥

• Advertisement

Are you getting mixed up here, any combination of Conor, Tony and Gathje. **** Nate. Wouldn't mind seen the trilogy down the line but Nate has no business near a title or contender spot

Diaz Ferguson would be a cracker. Couldn't give a monkeys about title shots.

Diaz Ferguson would be a cracker. Couldn't give a monkeys about title shots.

Sadly, you're probably in the majority. Let's just make it an interim superfighter championship.

Sadly, you're probably in the majority. Let's just make it an interim superfighter championship.

It's sad that a fight promotion might put on entertaining fights?

Why are you talking about interim? I just said I couldn't give a monkeys about title shots. Porier is presumably fighting Khabib, what's wrong with Ferguson fighting Diaz?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,317 ✭✭✭xtal191

I've zero interest in seeing Nick or Nate ever fight again

September 7th. Abu Dhabi. It's Khabib time.

https://twitter.com/arielhelwani/status/1122823538619101184?s=19

Khabib Vs Dustin, announcement in the next week or so.

https://twitter.com/DustinPoirier/status/1122881648012324867?s=20

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

ASOT wrote: »

Can't wait for that fight. Should be a good build-up between two warriors.

WAR KHABIB THOUGH, HE MUST MAUL !

Zuffa boxing looks like it'll have matchroom involved somehow looking at Eddie & Dana's Instagram.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bw23mr3F69j

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bw23dbVFOeL

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭simongurnick

So, I'm sure UFC well get plenty of dough from the Abu Dhabi deal, but how can they put on major event over there with an eight hour time difference with EST but not even consider a big one off bout in Ireland?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

So, I'm sure UFC well get plenty of dough from the Abu Dhabi deal, but how can they put on major event over there with an eight hour time difference with EST but not even consider a big one off bout in Ireland?

Because the event in Abu Dhabi will be at stupid o'clock in the morning to facilitate US PPV, their main source of income. You'd never get permission to have a large event that doesn't end up til 6am in Ireland, it's not even worth pretending you could do it.

Because the event in Abu Dhabi will be at stupid o'clock in the morning to facilitate US PPV, their main source of income. You'd never get permission to have a large event that doesn't end up til 6am in Ireland, it's not even worth pretending you could do it.

Exactly this, the Arabs will give the ufc free reign to do whatever they want. They wouldn't even be allowed blow there nose in Ireland.

Paulie Malinagi is working with Ray Longo on a few things ahead of his fight with Artem

Brock's retied and the ufc are looking to do Cormier Stipe now. I'd say Brock's failed another test.

https://www.mmafighting.com/2019/4/30/18524770/report-brock-lesnar-to-retire-ufc-looking-at-daniel-cormier-vs-stipe-miocic-rematch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

ASOT wrote: »
    Brock's retied and the ufc are looking to do Cormier Stipe now. I'd say Brock's failed another test.

https://www.mmafighting.com/2019/4/30/18524770/report-brock-lesnar-to-retire-ufc-looking-at-daniel-cormier-vs-stipe-miocic-rematch
    Has he even served the full suspension from his last failed test yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,117 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Autecher wrote: »
    Has he even served the full suspension from his last failed test yet?
    Yeah, he was eligible to fight since January

Mellor wrote: »
    Yeah, he was eligible to fight since January

What do you reckon Mellor? Do you think he's failed another test?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,117 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

It's possible. He was tested at the start of April. So the timing works out. He was also tested once earlier in the year.
    But on the other hand, the delay in signing the fight was entirely down to Brock. He was given a contract, the UFC were waiting for him to be "ready". He never signed so presumably there was some lingering doubts.

I thought they announced a week ago they were considering Cormier v Miocic. Can't find it now with internet meltdown.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,550 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Could be Brock looking for more money. "Im retiring".

Dana "OK well Im booking DC vs Miocic".

Lesnar "Ah ok go on then give us the original deal".

Although WWE have a show in Saudi Arabia on June 7th and Lesnar is wrestling at it so maybe makes it unlikely he would be fighting Cormier on August 7th. Although it does give him an 8 week training camp suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,317 ✭✭✭xtal191

I bet WWE gave him a ****load of cash to stay

xtal191 wrote: »
    I bet WWE gave him a ****load of cash to stay

Apparently he got 3 million for the last event in Saudi. His match lasted 10 minutes.

Just listened to Mike Perry on helwanis show. Gas man, surley suffering CTE or is he just really low IQ? Listening to him talking about giving his father a hiding and tieng him up is mad

The rumour now is that UFC refused to give Brock a high flat fee for the fight because the ppv's are online only now which would likely lower the money he gets from ppv points. They wouldn't give in so he walked away.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,590 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

The rumour now is that UFC refused to give Brock a high flat fee for the fight because the ppv's are online only now which would likely lower the money he gets from ppv points. They wouldn't give in so he walked away.

I reckon Brock returns for a fight against Jones ,

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Just listened to Mike Perry on helwanis show. Gas man, surley suffering CTE or is he just really low IQ? Listening to him talking about giving his father a hiding and tieng him up is mad

Just dumb. I remember just after his first UFC fight, I think he was on the phone on the MMA hour while he was apparently standing outside the courthouse where he was waiting to hear the outcome of his burglary trial. Nice bloke.

I wonder what he was asking for. Stupid from Dana really. That PPV would've done huge numbers but also brought UFC back into the "casual" spotlight. McGregor and Jones aside, the last years PPV numbers have been poor.Unless theres a big star fighting the do nuttin etc.

• Advertisement

The Nal wrote: »
    I wonder what he was asking for. Stupid from Dana really. That PPV would've done huge numbers but also brought UFC back into the "casual" spotlight. McGregor and Jones aside, the last years PPV numbers have been poor.Unless theres a big star fighting the do nuttin etc.
    Other than money I don't get why Brock wants to fight at all, he is raking it in on a very light schedule in WWE. He probably just uses the UFC to negotiate a better deal with WWE.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement