Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 3 - The Happyning

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭Gervais08

Caramel Aero. I’m going to have to be rolled out of my house!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭4Ad

Just saw a picture of myself on whatsapp..i dont look as ugly as usual !!
    PS I'm'drunk...

4Ad wrote: »
    Just saw a picture of myself on whatsapp..i dont look as ugly as usual !!
    PS I'm'drunk...

You're never ugly. You're a gorgeous person.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭4Ad

Thank you Buile Beag !

• Registered Users Posts: 13,500 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

The weather forecast. It’s turning cold . Yippee :)
    God I love cold weather.
    Well I mean more than the humidity of the last few days

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Working from home & reacted to a work-related issue with "Ah boll*x & it woke Alexa device up.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭gucci

Nailed first time a really tight parallel park tonight with a yapping toddler in the back and 3 neighbours standing outside their house (and pretty much watching me)

One of them even said "tidy work there" when I got out....I'm sure il probably hit his car next week now knowing my luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

gucci wrote: »
    Nailed first time a really tight parallel park tonight with a yapping toddler in the back and 3 neighbours standing outside their house (and pretty much watching me)

One of them even said "tidy work there" when I got out....I'm sure il probably hit his car next week now knowing my luck!

Well done..I hate parallel parking and have been known to drive miles to find a spot I can just drive straight into!

My TH is taking a litre of milk and some meat from the freezer for tomorrow's tea/coffee and dinner. I usually feel like a kid trapped in an adults body, playing house. But when I defrost stuff for tomorrow's dinner, I always feel incredibly grown up :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭gucci

gucci wrote: »

Bonus Trivial smiles: re-reading this today and realising it read like one of thos cringey LinkedIn posts "then everyone stood up and clapped"....etc etc

This is a bit anticipatory but I’m starting work early and if I get done by 4, I’m going up the village for a pint: first time in mote than six months!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭bubbles o hara

After too long working for a B**ch who constantly undermined me, I landed my new dream job today. I start in two weeks...yay.

Would it be rude to tell my soon-to-be former boss exactly what I think of her? :pac:

After too long working for a B**ch who constantly undermined me, I landed my new dream job today. I start in two weeks...yay.

Would it be rude to tell my soon-to-be former boss exactly what I think of her? :pac:

So pleased for you - same happened to me!! Let freedom ring!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Got asked my age buying a few beers. I thought she was mocking me but it could have been the mask maybe. I told her I was well past that by a stretch.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Chicken soup is simmering and a good fire is glowing. So cold out here it was early on. Happy that my neighbour has promised me some turf. Happy that my latest stray wild cat is now blissfully asleep abed with me. Such a purr he has!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,048 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

I just looked at the Who Wants to be a Millionaire show with the million pound winner online now.
    I was so happy for him, Donald Fear. He seems like a really lovely and genuine man.

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 3,754 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

I just looked at the Who Wants to be a Millionaire show with the million pound winner online now.
    I was so happy for him, Donald Fear. He seems like a really lovely and genuine man.

Wow
    I remember him from the Now What's I Call Music Collectors Facebook page.

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭SaltSweatSugar

A nice toasty fire on a chilly evening.

After 18 months of living in this house I finally made use of the stove in the living room and put down a fire this evening. A lovely way to unwind after a hard days work!

Wow
    I remember him from the Now What's I Call Music Collectors Facebook page.

Oh cool, I didn't know there was such a page.

In reality, things that make us happy are not trivial. They are great, essentially lovely and very, very important.

A good breakfast, a hot water bottle...my laptop, knitting.. I may take root :eek:

Graces7 wrote: »
    In reality, things that make us happy are not trivial. They are great, essentially lovely and very, very important.

A good breakfast, a hot water bottle...my laptop, knitting.. I may take root :eek:

Oh if only I had the skill to knit we’d be twins!!!! I embroider tho, and yeah it’s a peaceful time!!

• Advertisement

Gervais08 wrote: »
    Oh if only I had the skill to knit we’d be twins!!!! I embroider tho, and yeah it’s a peaceful time!!

OK! I will knit and you can embroider it! ;)

Oh cool, I didn't know there was such a page.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/nowcollectorsUK/?ref=share

Has quite a few magpies though. People who collect them for the sake of it and aren’t bothered about the music on them. The first six have been released on CD over the past two years - 57 errors in total as documented by me here and a number of people on that page don’t seem to care.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,473 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

My THs for today are: putting my hands around a warm mug of coffee on a frosty morning, 4 of the neighbourhood cats visiting, meeting friends for a walk and a picnic later, and a week's annual leave stretching before me.

New Home wrote: »
    My THs for today are: putting my hands around a warm mug of coffee on a frosty morning, 4 of the neighbourhood cats visiting, meeting friends for a walk and a picnic later, and a week's annual leave stretching before me.

I had that feeling (re annual leave) last Saturday. Was hoping that a few Amazon orders (music & books) would arrive so I could immerse myself during my time off.

No such luck. All three packages will be delivered on Tuesday 29th when I’m back at work.

That’s made me smile and therefore happy - I envision the cats knocking at the door and bringing hostess gifts!!!

I'd pay huge money for a weeks annual leave right now, enjoy NH.

Great drying weather is my th today.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,043 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I'd pay huge money for a weeks annual leave right now, enjoy NH.

Great drying weather is my th today.

I'd pay just to have the neighbourhood cats visit me 😸😸

I'd pay just to have the neighbourhood cats visit me

Paying for pussies to visit, Seph.
    Make sure you get value for money...

I'd pay just to have the neighbourhood cats visit me

Go down the park and you might meet one.

• Advertisement

I went out at the back to find some potatoes and the ocean is a still, azure glory. It never fails to move and feed me. Just sheer beauty. So blessed to live out here.

Advertisement