Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 3 - The Happyning

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,087 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Ran out of coffee last weekend, ordered more Monday and TH it arrived today, thank god, I was starting to have withdrawals and have stopped rocking back and forth :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭wildwillow

Ran out of coffee last weekend, ordered more Monday and TH it arrived today, thank god, I was starting to have withdrawals and have stopped rocking back and forth :pac:

What coffee did you buy.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,087 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

wildwillow wrote: »
    What coffee did you buy.

Yellow bourbon , Brazil Santos and Java 😃 from Maher's coffee.

Yellow bourbon , Brazil Santos and Java 😃 from Maher's coffee.

Thanks Need a new supplier so will try Maher's. I drink coffee without sugar or milk, so taste matters.

Also TH seeing a video of my nearly 6 month old niece eating solids for the first time, mashed up carrots, she had a little baby spoon and kept missing her mouth sometimes and by the end of it her little face was covered in carrots but she looked sooo happy :D:3.
    wildwillow wrote: »
    Thanks Need a new supplier so will try Maher's. I drink coffee without sugar or milk, so taste matters.

How do you brew yours?

• Advertisement

Bean to cup. An indulgence in a new kitchen, built in machine. My only vice!

But I refuse to sully the machine with milk, even though it cleans automatically.

Produces great espresso, but I often make the eqivalent of Americano, able to load it with three types of beans.

Have to ration intake or I would be wired.

Coffee needs to be fresh or even the best machine is useless.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Been really sick and a leeetle better today but still not good.. But every mickle macks a muckle

My happy is that after nearly 4 years of fighting I finally have the kitchen sink unblocked. The sweetest music in the world is the water running away.. yes I know it needed the u bend taking off but I cannot get down there ….and if you can find me a plumber out here? Which is why I have a 4 year old new washing machine sitting here and am washing clothes in a bucket! It is easier to do that than the futile hassle of ....MEN!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,392 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

I went for a walk by the sea last night and saw a borzoi,two dalmations and a couple with a hoard of chihuahuas,amongst other dogs.
    Made my evening :)

• Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭bitofabind

It's neeeeearly Friday! Hape of work to get through before the weekend but my brain is in Friday mode already. Thank god for coffee.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,493 ✭✭✭ArnoldJRimmer

My friend had some old kitchen cabinets he was getting rid of, and I have a garage with no shelves and stuff lying around everywhere for years. Yesterday I got them installed along with some other hooks/ nails etc to hang things up, and I now have a beautifully neat and organised garage.

I realise how middle aged this TH is, but its so satisfying

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,222 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Starting to clear up outside!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,604 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Lunchtime naps.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭branie2

I was in Kerry for a few days with the family. We stayed in Kenmare, and had a great time.

That my fortnightly groceries arrived. There was again chaos and emails flying back and forth and anxiously listening for the bus coming up from the ferry...

The one thing that irks me in this life is having to entrust to others things that usually I would do for myself. like my shopping....Last time it went totally sideways.. But almost all is here for the next while.. Including CAKE!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,616 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

My nephew said my name properly.

He's only 1, and so far he has been able to say "Muh" (for mammy), "Dadda", "May" (for Mairead, my fiancée) and "Day" (for Dave - me)

Today, she showed me a video while I was in work - she was at her sister's house and she said "who you looking for?" and he went "Daaavvve".

Apparently both her, and her sister (his mammy) both looked at each other in shock. She said "he's never been able to say anyone's name properly before"

His daddy also arrived home and she said "oh who's that?"

"Daaaave!"

I think I might be the favourite uncle.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭Bredabe

I've been a real saddo and been reading ahead the requirements for my course,
    Today I see that have changed the y/e project to a desk research based submission.

MTH that at least this year, I'll not have to find and beg strangers to do a q and a with me to complete my studies. This has been causing me great anxiety for sometime now.
    :):):):):)

Bloods due back today as well, fingers crossed they go as well!

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭fineso.mom

Graces7 wrote: »
    Been really sick and a leeetle better today but still not good.. But every mickle macks a muckle

My happy is that after nearly 4 years of fighting I finally have the kitchen sink unblocked. The sweetest music in the world is the water running away.. yes I know it needed the u bend taking off but I cannot get down there ….and if you can find me a plumber out here? Which is why I have a 4 year old new washing machine sitting here and am washing clothes in a bucket! It is easier to do that than the futile hassle of ....MEN!
    You don't need a plumber to connect a washing machine Grace's (or a man for that matter). It's just a case of connecting a hose or two and a waste pipe. All the connections should already be plumbed in. I'm sure a neighbour would happily do it.I've connected 4 washing machines in the last few years for myself and friends. I'm neither a plumber nor a man. It only takes about ten minutes.
    My TA is that I finished work a half an hour early today so after a 42 hour week caring for children and trying to avoid 'the covid!', I can start the weekend a litttle earlier.

I saw Bill and Ted Face the Music at the cinema this evening. It was very funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,374 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

Finally bought a watch that I had my eye on for a few years today and I love it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,688 ✭✭✭4Ad

Having to put sunscreen on for the last few days, didn't think that would happen for a while !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

I met my best friend when I was 5 and we were friends for 25 years. We fell out six years ago and hadn't spoken since. I finally extended the olive branch several weeks ago and today we met for the first time since our falling out. It was the greatest feeling in the world to see her again. I didnt realise how much I had missed her.

We hugged (despite our best social distancing intentions!) and cried a bit too :( We took our new babies for a walk, and hoped that they too will be best friends some day. The sun was shining and we talked non stop for two hours and it felt like we'd only just stepped out of the room and come back in. I'm so happy today :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Bredabe wrote: »
    I've been a real saddo and been reading ahead the requirements for my course,
    Today I see that have changed the y/e project to a desk research based submission.

MTH that at least this year, I'll not have to find and beg strangers to do a q and a with me to complete my studies. This has been causing me great anxiety for sometime now.
    :):):):):)

Bloods due back today as well, fingers crossed they go as well!

Bloods good too!

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

More than trivially happy but my little brothers covid test came back negative!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Edgware

Anyday that you can put sour cream Hunky Dorys on a cheddar cheese sandwich is a good day

Edgware wrote: »
    Anyday that you can put sour cream Hunky Dorys on a cheddar cheese sandwich is a good day

Great choice :D

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Queried

Edgware wrote: »

I am so trying this soon :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭Gervais08

I have a holiday booked in five weeks, the country I’m travelling to has a very low Covid rate and have been strict on masks in public since day one. My boss just said he has zero concerns about me working from home the two weeks after I get back and to enjoy myself.

I need the break even though it will be a little different to what was planned - I’m happy!!

The sun streaming into the bedroom this morning. It’s such a lift for the spirits.

Ros na Run is back on Tuesday

• Advertisement

Food in the cupboard, a snug bed when little I can do, cats to love me, knitting work for my hands that will delight and feed ... the wide ocean to gaze at.

Content . Time is shortening but that is fine too... Happiness is wherever you look in quiet hours. Choosing what you have and seeking nothing more.

Off a while now; stay safe, stay well!

Advertisement