Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 3 - The Happyning

Options
1228229230231232234»

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,601 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

THs from today:

1. Getting the chance to sit in the park under some trees, well wrapped up against the chilly breeze, listening to music and to the birdsong, the dappled sunlight breaking through from time to time.
    2. The blackbirds being brave enough to come close to pick up the crumbs I left for them.
    3. A kind, thoughtful soul thinking about me and getting me a croissant (not the "industrial" ones, either - it was magnificent).
    4. Another kind, caring soul, whom I hadn't seen in ages, popping by just to say hello and to give me a hug because she was nearby and had 2 mins flat to spare.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,086 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Spending time with my niece and nephew at the beach, the 4 year old little princess is a getting very cheeky, getting me to wash her bucket and spade for her and I was pretending to fall for it she was roaring mad with laughter and then she goes, "just hold them now for a second" and then she runs off giggling mad, I was pretending to be outraged then saying "oi come back here and take you bucket and spade" she starts roaring mad with laughter then 😂😂😂😄😄

Then back at their house I had a nerf gun fight with the biyeen, loads of fun 😄😄.

Post edited by Sephiroth_dude on

• Registered Users Posts: 6,500 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

I was considering doing a job in the back garden but it didn't work out, so I was just sitting on a stool that I had there, just staring into space for a while, contemplating the universe.

Then…a robin landed on the third last rung of the ladder that was a metre in front of me, and stared at me for about 10 seconds, so obviously I said "Howya!". It craned its head to the side, still looking at me for another 5 seconds, and then flew away.

'Twas lovely!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,717 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

They are the most beautiful hardy little birds.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,031 ✭✭✭Bredabe

It's said that Robins are the messengers from our deceased loved ones and when they stare like that it's a sign that a person you are special to is saying hi!

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

When an item from my music wantlist turns up for sale. And when I check the seller's other items he has another half dozen from the said wantlist thereby saving on postage.

I met about half a dozen healthy bees in the garden yesterday, such a change from last year when I was dumping half-dead bees into honey water.

The fluffy tails threads on Twitter, its so daft and the hooms are so creative and weird, always makes me smile.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,595 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

There was a tiny bottle of clear stuff , I finally got around to looking what it is . It is a bottle of Pooka , Irish poitín

Post edited by cj maxx on

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Vita nova

Found five four-leaf clovers in a bunch of clover while out for a walk this afternoon. Should probably buy some Lotto tickets.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭griffin100

Sitting in traffic on friday sweating in the hot weather and three young lads passed by me. Maybe 11-12 years old. Full GAA and soccer kits, throwing a ball between them, laughing and joking and not a care in the world as they headed towards the park. . Made me smile, wouldn’t it be great to be a kid again, nowhere to be and no timetable to follow.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,938 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Something I rarely do is grab a bar of chocolate, but made an impulse buy of some of that Milka Bubbly White, which I have to say, has impressed me. Light, smooth yet very flavourful… few pieces before I cook dinner, no, half the bar and I’ll have to wait an hour to get dinner now…… but delicious…

Trying to look busy yesterday, I went into the charity shop they were donated to, they had a handful on display, a th in itself and likely the rest have gone to homes that need them.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,601 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

A lovely group of boardsies recommended a service provider and dropped into them today, they not only fixed the item and tuned it up to stretch its bits as far as they can last.

In a sit where it could be very very expensive, they charged the minimum amount they could.

• My well worn pay cheque is so happy for this kindness.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,613 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

In a similar vein to New Home's heartwarming post.

🥰🥰🥰

• Registered Users Posts: 24,938 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

finally managed to fix my tablet and install the required new edition OS. Download this time got stuck at around 70% for 20 minutes … I left it and went to take a shower, cursing my luck and thinking it will be off to Harvey Norman soon to lighten my bank balance … but on returning from my shower….I see the whole thing has downloaded and installed correctly. Working now with no issues. 😎

• Registered Users Posts: 16,613 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Meeting these guys while out walking.

I'm currently working my way through a large bar of white chocolate (which I don't even have to share) while listening to Carmina Burana (the Deutsche Grammophon/James Levine version).

• Registered Users Posts: 15,903 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

The amount of people, but mainly the women, getting really angry about Jeremy Clarkson being voted sexiest man in the UK and Ireland, truly hilarious.

• Advertisement

Browsing in a local Tesco, I found one of the large boxes of Quorn down to half price.

You can bet it was scanned through and chillin' in my freezer in 30 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,595 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Watching My cousin Vinny , and I forgot about the lawyer having a stutter . I was at college with a lad with a bad stutter .One time I interrupted him to finish his sentence . His reply , who the fcuks talking , me or you ? . 😷😷😷

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,072 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

TH that I have been in a bit of a reading slump for the past couple of weeks but a book I really want to read has become available to me on BorrowBox a few days early and I know I will fly through this AND thoroughly enjoy it too (shout out to any other fans of the Maeve Kerrigan series)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,072 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

TH the lovely smell and warmth on the clothes when they have dried out on the line on a warm summer's day.

Another TH getting 3 loads of laundry done today, washed and dried (on the line)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,617 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

I am just after logging in to say the very same. 😁

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,969 Mod ✭✭✭✭iamstop

Was at a festival over the weekend. At one point on Friday night I had my water bottle in one hand and a plastic water bottle but filled with wine in the other. Things got blurry I guess.

Then all of Saturday I couldn't find either. Sunday I was helping a friend pack up and leave and then it just appeared almost in front of me. My water bottle!

Drove home and unpacked my cooler and there it was, my plastic bottle of wine still half full. Happy days. Great little festival.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,086 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I met two cats out and about today, a cow like one and a tuxedo cat, both very friendly but all business and didn't have much time for me, just said hi and went on their ways 😀.

I've told you a million times, Seph. You need to keep a sachet of cat treats in your pockets for emergencies like that one.

Spotted my long-term neighbour outside her house, puttering around in her garden.

While I only know her to say Hi to occasionally this makes me happy as she had a cancer relapse and was undergoing chemo last I heard.

Being out and hatless is such a good sign and that makes me happy.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,617 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Went out for a walk, just now, and it was lovely. I feel the better of it, especially as I was talking myself out of going.

Happy days.

Advertisement