Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 3 - The Happyning

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭Alejandro68

A few gin and tonics are making me feel happy. Tomorrow I will have a discussion with one of my managers as to why I refused to cover a extra 5th shift. I am so ready for tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Very happy . listening to the gale roaring, that I need not set foot outside today... or tomorrow.. etc. UNLESS I want to! Choice is freedom... lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Expecting a delivery which arrives an hour ahead of the scheduled time meaning I can work for the rest of the morning.

Seeing a boy waiting for the school bus outside my house frantically doing his homework sitting on the wall. Nice that such small things make me smile :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

I fell asleep on the couch last night (very uncomfortably), woke up at 4.30, and eventually got to my bed at 5.15. I didn't go to sleep, though. I watched something on Amazon Prime while doing some 'work' work. By the time it was time to get up, my alarm hadn't gone off so I turned it off...

And then I realised...I can turn both of my alarms off, and for the next week because I'm actually taking the full week off!!! :cool: :D :cool:

email from Cheshire ( UK); one of the parcels I send earlier this week is there . This is a hand knitted deep blue V neck sleeveless jersey for the over 8o yr old husband ( who I have never met) of an over 80 yr old friend since we were both in our early 20 s. They are delighted ( "Just what he wanted")!

Wonderful postal service.. am awed! And very happy indeed.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 312 ✭✭Onshuh

Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,080 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Onshuh wrote: »
    Friday.

Seconded.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Alleluia!!!

New Home wrote: »
    Alleluia!!!

AMEN! ( just slipped out did that) As in the song.... Earworm time!

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭Phoenix32

Very grateful to the very kind people I have in my life :)

• Advertisement

Just opened a huge bar of Wholenut (my favourite chocolate), I've noticed recently that some bars have so few nuts they'd pass for a Dairymilk bar but not this one, it's jam packed with nuts, also have Keoghs crinkle cut cheese and onion as an accompaniment, it doesn't get much better than this on a miserable Friday evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭Phoenix32

Just opened a huge bar of Wholenut (my favourite chocolate), I've noticed recently that some bars have so few nuts they'd pass for a Dairymilk bar but not this one, it's jam packed with nuts, also have Keoghs crinkle cut cheese and onion as an accompaniment, it doesn't get much better than this on a miserable Friday evening.

Nothing like a load of nuts on a Friday evening :p

Phoenix32 wrote: »

I knew you'd comment on that lol. I couldn't word it any other way and it had to posted as I haven't been this happy in ages.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,553 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

I was queueing briefly outside a shop one evening this week. There was a woman ahead of me, with a young girl, who was wearing sports gear, complete with socks, but no shoes.

A little fellow, about 4, walking out with his dad was totally fascinated by the fact that she wasn't wearing shoes. He had his head turned right around to keep looking at her. It made me smile. I love the way small kids just do things like that. No pretence about not noticing. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭Alejandro68

Phoenix32 wrote: »

What type of nuts? Brazilian, Kola, Cedar, etc. Or is that a hidden meaning for a entirely different nut?lol

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Rogueish

I've been away from boards for a while but currently I'm exhausted, trying to finish/prepare a birthday present for my mothers birthday tomorrow (she deserves it) and I currently have three children asleep in my bed 'cos they wanted a 'sleepover with mammy'. It makes me very fuzzy inside.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,530 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Earlier in the car we were singing “ working on the railroad “. 2 of us stopped except for missy who kept singing “ working on the whale -road. Just made me laugh

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

Only heading to bed now. Once the baby was down to sleep dad invited me next door for "one" glass of wine. We finished a bottle and just nattered together like old times. Watched favourite film scenes (my pick was the car scene in Scent of a Woman), and talked about our favourite books, plans for the future etc. Was nice to catch up with him.

For the avoidance of doubt, OH was with the babba so there was no neglect lol

• Registered Users Posts: 16,100 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

I just love whatsapp . I remember times when a house phone was a luxary and we had to make calls from a phonebox . So now receiving photos instantly and a video call from my son with his baby on his lap is still amazing for me .

The premier league is back today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,178 ✭✭✭✭blade1

The indoor internet speed has improved vastly during the week.
    Getting speeds up to 40mb download allover the house now and it isn't dropped from 4g to H anymore.

Onshuh wrote: »
    The premier league is back today.

And Royser is back as a pundit, can't wait. 😂

And Royser is back as a pundit, can't wait. 😂

Love him on the punditry aswell. So entertaining

• Registered Users Posts: 8,940 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

Next door's toddler is shouting the house down, banging stuff, stomping around like a herd of elephants.

Brings a smile to my face, because I think about all the times I worried "Jesus, what the hell will the neighbours think is going on in there" when my kids were doing the same at that age. It reminds me that it's normal, and all parents are in the same boat.

• Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭bitofabind

Waking up a very sleepy snuggly dog this morning. He's got his cone of shame on at the moment for a leg injury, so when I put my hand on his chin he rests his head on it and tries to fall asleep that way. He's such a good old boy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭mikemac2

Sound housemates

I've houseshared with some lowlifes over the years. Even gardai at our house sometimes looking for them and then asking for my name & DOB after I said I didn't know. I didn't know where they were :confused:

The housemates over the past 12 months are cool, sound and best housemates I've ever had

I didn't pick them, the landlady did but we all get on great. Before lockdown we went to restaurants to try different cuisine, Greek, Lebanese, Italian etc.

These days it's barbecues and our little amateur garden is going well

Our back garden used to be the shame of the neighbourhood but we razed it and got grass seed and planted vegetables too. The neighbours who once scoffed at us upped their game after us!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭4Ad

Having no back pain while running today and the warm weather, and my hurling team teaching a county final for the first time since 1993...
    (We wont mention we we last won 1 )..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

The kindness of neighbours.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,898 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Ok, not quite trivial but...

My Dad wasn’t feeling well the last couple of weeks, symptoms that he gave his consultant over the phone seemed worrying enough and the consultant who was seeing patients in the Mater Private told him to pack a bag and jump in a cab immediately to come see him .my Dad....he’s not a man to complain or make drama for the sake of it, symptoms were initially corresponding to several conditions but prostate cancer being a strong possibility... phone call just now after a scan and exam confirmed symptoms were relating to a far less worrisome problem, one that with medications and a minor procedure that they did today will be successful... relief, well for all of us... I did tell him to stop taking the piss though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

Left the wee one with my parents while we took the dog for a walk. She's four months. Came back to find her up in her Nanna's arms smiling while grandad played (struggled to play!) amazing grace on the guitar for her :D They've gone so soft since their grandchild arrived.

Advertisement