Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Officer 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32 condubh

Donegal still only OOM 12.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Katieee323

Does anyone know OOM for Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭ellieh1

Anyone know what OOM they are on in Limerick?

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭lass1

Hi kateee323

I’m late 600’s and have interview on the 5th Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Katieee323

Does anyone know what the batch number actually means ? Also which batch number they are on for Dublin currently? TIA

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Katieee323 wrote: »
    Does anyone know what the batch number actually means ? Also which batch number they are on for Dublin currently? TIA

It simply means the batch you're in.

1000 people apply. Batched in 100s, first 100 in the OOM go in to batch 1 second batch of 100 in the OOM go into batch 2 etc.

Figures are an example only. For the avoidance of doubt batch 2 is done after batch 1 etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭L390

4 weeks and still nothing back from social protection !!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭ellejay

It simply means the batch you're in.

1000 people apply. Batched in 100s, first 100 in the OOM go in to batch 1 second batch of 100 in the OOM go into batch 2 etc.

Figures are an example only. For the avoidance of doubt batch 2 is done after batch 1 etc.

I emailed them on this query.
    "candidates are contacted in Order of Merit (OOM) and PAS work through the batches in descending order. All candidates appointed to the panel will be made an offer.

You placed in Batch 14 OOM ** – we have commenced clearance of Batch 14 and have reached up to OOM 10. PAS cannot provide you with an exact timeframe but your own OOM is likely be reached in the coming weeks
    ."

I didn't find find it very clear to be honest.
    So do they start at say, oom 100 and work backwards, or do they start at 1 and work on from that.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 mmerton365

Anyone have any idea what batch they are on for the Customs Officer job?

I'm placed quite high up in a batch as of this morning! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Jassgal

L390 wrote: »
    4 weeks and still nothing back from social protection !!!!!

I just heard back today from social protection, I was over two weeks waiting. It would be worth your while emailing them to see what is going on, you seem to be waiting a very long time

• Advertisement

mmerton365 wrote: »
    Anyone have any idea what batch they are on for the Customs Officer job?

I'm placed quite high up in a batch as of this morning! :)

Batch 2 are starting on the 17th November.

yupder wrote: »
    Batch 2 are starting on the 17th November.

I will clarify that I'm not sure if that's all of batch 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭L390

Jassgal wrote: »
    I just heard back today from social protection, I was over two weeks waiting. It would be worth your while emailing them to see what is going on, you seem to be waiting a very long time

I did ..3 times ...no reply....where did you get placed

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭pjcpolly

cahillp22 wrote: »
    Anybody in batch 2 or 3 of customs officer?

For where??
    I got offered Wexford

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭daffodill50

L390 wrote: »
    I did ..3 times ...no reply....where did you get placed

Did you check spam & junk folders? Strange how they haven't replied after even one email

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Allyol77

Hi would anyone know what shifts customs in rosslare do. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭tritriagain

Been told I have a position in dept. Of ag. How long will I be waiting to find start date.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭celticbest

ellejay wrote: »
    "candidates are contacted in Order of Merit (OOM) and PAS work through the batches in descending order. All candidates appointed to the panel will be made an offer.

You placed in Batch 14 OOM ** – we have commenced clearance of Batch 14 and have reached up to OOM 10. PAS cannot provide you with an exact timeframe but your own OOM is likely be reached in the coming weeks
    ."

So do they start at say, oom 100 and work backwards, or do they start at 1 and work on from that.

I'm Batch 14 OOM 28, should I expect an offer in the coming weeks?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭ellejay

celticbest wrote: »
    I'm Batch 14 OOM 28, should I expect an offer in the coming weeks?

I would say so!
    It's all very vague.

Edited to say, I don't know how many are in a batch.
    I did ask that question.
    It could be 50 or it could be 500.

My reading of their reply is that they're starting at the the top end of the Batch, eg 500 and working their way down towards 28.
    If anyone else can shed some light please do.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Happygal12

Hi starting on Dublin Port in the next couple of weeks does anyone know if there is staff parking?

Thanks 😊

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭pjcpolly

Allyol77 wrote: »
    Hi would anyone know what shifts customs in rosslare do. Thanks

Wondering that myself

• Registered Users Posts: 15 LenaM

Hi does anyone know where pas are regarding the Kildare CO panel?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 cahillp22

Congrats! I'm very interested in the Dublin Customs posts...

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Emma201801

Hi, any update of OOM for Wexford, I did email at start of October and they were on #29, but I am hoping a good bit further now if some of the candidates switched over to the customs position

• Registered Users Posts: 49 telebingo94

Do you get a new OOM after interview stage?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,628 ✭✭✭shmeee

Anyone due to start in next few weeks? Ring HR and make sure as I heard of someone today due to start in 3 weeks time but due to social distance etc in the offices, it's pushed out until January at the earliest.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭tritriagain

shmeee wrote: »
    Anyone due to start in next few weeks? Ring HR and make sure as I heard of someone today due to start in 3 weeks time but due to social distance etc in the offices, it's pushed out until January at the earliest.

I was told today I'm starting 30th of November. I've given notice in work today so hope that's not the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭Garzard

cahillp22 wrote: »
    Anybody in batch 2 or 3 of customs officer?

My OOM is in the 60's for Batch 3 - didn't really understand what batches meant until someone posted that example. Not sure now of the likelihood of being offered a spot anytime soon in my case?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 cahillp22

I wouldnt write anything off just yet, I'm guessing they have recruited batch 2 already I know up to mid 50s in that batch commence training end of November.

All depends how many they are appointing and how many are remaining (if any) in batch 2....

Fingers crossed...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 Markandwage

ellejay wrote: »

."

If they are at OOM number 10 surely they are working through the batches in ascending order?

I am OOM number 16 and haven't heard anything yet.

Advertisement