Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Officer 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Jd292190

Anyone get the email asking for expression of interest in interviewing for Dublin yesterday afternoon? Not even 24hrs given to respond. Do you think they are just trying to filter out anyone no longer interested and get stage 2 out of the way or do you think they could actually have positions coming up?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭celticbest

If they are at OOM number 10 surely they are working through the batches in ascending order?

I am OOM number 16 and haven't heard anything yet.

Can you let me know when you hear something as I'm OOM 28 and it would give me an idea about how long I'll be waiting. Thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭November Golf

If they are at OOM number 10 surely they are working through the batches in ascending order?

I am OOM number 16 and haven't heard anything yet.

Descending order means going from highest to lowest.

In this context, 1 is the highest number on the order of merit.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Markandwage

@Celticbest

Will do!

I interviewed on October 16th and got my result the same day. Did you interview around the same time?

@Celticbest

Will do!

I interviewed on October 16th and got my result the same day. Did you interview around the same time?

Thanks! Yes the same, got the notification @18:15 on the portal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭lass1

Hi Jd292190,

I got the email about this last week, only given 24 hours to reply very quick
    heres hoping and good luck to you

• Registered Users Posts: 49 telebingo94

lass1 wrote: »
    Hi Jd292190,

I got the email about this last week, only given 24 hours to reply very quick
    heres hoping and good luck to you

I got that same email 2 weeks ago, and now have an interview next week.

celticbest wrote: »
    Thanks! Yes the same, got the notification @18:15 on the portal.

Hey!

Received an email this morning asking to complete declarations / e-vetting and attach personal documents.

Unfortunately I was really busy in work so I will fill those out when I get home.

Essentially we know now that they are up to number 16 in Dublin.

We might even end up being workmates 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭ellejay

Hey!

Received an email this morning asking to complete declarations / e-vetting and attach personal documents.

Unfortunately I was really busy in work so I will fill those out when I get home.

We might even end up being workmates ��

Hi, what batch number were you please, if you don't mind saying.

ellejay wrote: »
    Hi, what batch number were you please, if you don't mind saying.

Hi ellejay. I was batch number 14.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭tiny14

For anyone in limerick its oom19 & 37 for tipperary so no movement in limerick for a while

Hey!

We might even end up being workmates ��

Great news! Congratulations, did you get a start date & what Department was the offer for?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 LenaM

Hi anyone know what number the Kildare panel is at the moment?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 BB2020

Happygal12 wrote: »
    Hi starting on Dublin Port in the next couple of weeks does anyone know if there is staff parking?

Thanks 😊

Hi
    Yep staff parking in the port

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭moonlight06

I see the temporary 2021 clerical officer competition opened today. There is currently 31 ahead of me OOM in my county. Just wondering should I apply.. What happens if you start a temporary position and they reach your OOM for a permanent position?

I see the temporary 2021 clerical officer competition opened today. There is currently 31 ahead of me OOM in my county. Just wondering should I apply.. What happens if you start a temporary position and they reach your OOM for a permanent position?

It depends if you have a job, I wouldn't be leaving a jobs for a TCO position but if your out of employment currently it would be worth going for it.

You resign as a TCO and take up the CO role, a TCO has to give one week notice if they are leaving but its possible for you to leave TCO on friday and start as a CO the following Monday.

You may not get the same department, location or role though.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,341 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

You take the permanent position :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15 LenaM

Kildare???

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭tiny14

Wonder why they doing temp clerical officer when panels in some areas not moving at all

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭niallmacsuain

tiny14 wrote: »
    Wonder why they doing temp clerical officer when panels in some areas not moving at all

TCOs are often needed to cover for sick leave, maternity leave, shorter working year, etc.

These wouldn't be permanent positions, which is what this CO competition is hiring for.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,637 ✭✭✭shmeee

tiny14 wrote: »

They always run a temp panel, needed to cover staff shortage at peak periods (summer months etc). A good few TCO's stay longer than expected in a position. I know a few TCO's in a job for last number of years.

I'm sure your time as TCO counts on the payscale point also? So your increments will still carry.

Have they only been interviewing for Custom Officer roles so far?

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭pjcpolly

Reapply....you never know if you may need it ir not. If you are in a TCO positiin when they call you, you will be put in deferral until your contract ends.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭pjcpolly

Have they only been interviewing for Custom Officer roles so far?

I was given an expression if interest for Wexford Customs Clerical. Pulled off the original CO panel.
    I'm starting on the 23rd Nov.
    The original panel wasn't moving.

Hi Telebing94

I have interview on Thursday from the CO panel. my OOM is very late 600`s

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Triss_merigold

I was wondering what are my chances for a job offer in CO? I'm 15 on batch 4 after last week interview? any idea how long you can wait for job offer/ vetting etc?

I was wondering what are my chances for a job offer in CO? I'm 15 on batch 4 after last week interview? any idea how long you can wait for job offer/ vetting etc?

If you have passed Interview at this stage, you have a good chance of a job offer. As for how long you might be waiting that depends on which county and how far up they are on the panel.

You can email PAS and ask how many people are ahead of you on the panel, that would give you a good idea. CO2020@publicjobs.ie

Hi Telebing94

Great to hear. I have an interview on Wednesday, my OOM is 626

Hi Telebing94

Do you know for what role/ department?

• Advertisement

No they don’t tell you or at least I wasn’t told which department.

Advertisement