Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Officer 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 LJD2020

carolluke1 wrote: »
    Westmeath were OOM 32 about 10 days ago

Westmeath was at OOM 47 as of yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 20,341 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

LJD2020 wrote: »
    Westmeath was at OOM 47 as of yesterday

What ?

My wife is inside that number and hasnt been called....

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Justaburner

Rikand wrote: »
    What ?

My wife is inside that number and hasnt been called....

Email CO2020@publicjobs.ie and ask them.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,341 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Email CO2020@publicjobs.ie and ask them.

Thank you but panic over. She got invite to interview this morning so that 47 might be the amount of people invited to interview. Phew

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Justaburner

Rikand wrote: »
    Thank you but panic over. She got invite to interview this morning so that 47 might be the amount of people invited to interview. Phew

Excellent. Good luck to her!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭ShellBell89

Anyone know OOM number they are are for Galway?

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Katieee323

The batch number is how they group people together. The number of people in each batch can differ between counties but for example you could have the first 100 people called to interview in Batch 1, and the next 100 in Batch 2.

Sometime they also do sub-batches so in Batch 1 - the first 20 maybe batch 1.1 and the next 20 are in batch 1.2 and so on.

So the batch number isn’t necessarily an indicator of how you did in the interview ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭tritriagain

Just got word I got a job in dept. Of ag,food and marine. They will Let me know when I'm starting.
    Do they normally give u much notice.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭jaffa20

Any news updates on Kildare OOM?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭ellejay

Just got word I got a job in dept. Of ag,food and marine. They will Let me know when I'm starting.

Well done! that's great.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 TommyBatatheon

Well done. Yep the norm would be at least a months notice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭glenfieldman

sorry
    But what is OOM?
    I passed the interview for TCO, in july but i havent heard anything back

• Registered Users Posts: 13 I wonder why?

sorry But what is OOM? I passed the interview for TCO, in july but i havent heard anything back

OOM is order of merit. Congratulations on passing your interview

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭lass1

Argh, I have loaded my ID instead of my application form in step 2 by mistake, now it wont let me go back in as it thinks its already applied for,
    I have emailed them to exlain, do you think this will be ok??? im panicking now.

tia

I'm trying to log into e-vetting but keep getting invalid log in details. Aaaaggh.

I'm trying to log into e-vetting but keep getting invalid log in details. Aaaaggh.

I'm having the same problem too. Good to hear I'm not the only one! I contacted the email address, with the bank holiday probably won't hear anything back until Tuesday at the earliest.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭abbeybella

Did anyone get the email requesting an expression of interest for an interview in Co Dublin? I just thought it was unusual because I had selected Dublin as my preferred location!

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Penny_pocket

Yeah I got that email too.. I had Dublin and Meath as my 2 choices so I’ve I replied to express interest for Dublin and that means now Meath is gone for me
    abbeybella wrote: »
    Did anyone get the email requesting an expression of interest for an interview in Co Dublin? I just thought it was unusual because I had selected Dublin as my preferred location!

Hopefully there is a lot of vacancies coming up 😊

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 alburke1

Are dey not the same? Dublin/CO dublin I

Yes , thats why I was wondering why they sent the email as I only selected Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 5 cahillp22

Yes , thats why I was wondering why they sent the email as I only selected Dublin

Hi, can I ask if it was for expression of interest in customs officer posts or for general Clerical Officer?

I think when expression of interest emails are issued they are for specific roles.....

I think it's just general CO because I got the one for Customs a while back.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 cahillp22

Anybody in batch 2 or 3 of customs officer?

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭niallmacsuain

cahillp22 wrote: »
    Anybody in batch 2 or 3 of customs officer?

Batch 2 here. Got my job offer earlier in the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 telebingo94

I placed around OOM 626 for Co. Dublin (Can’t remember exact #)

I received message in late August about the customs officer role and to attend an interview in Sept, I started with application but didn’t really bother finishing it as the role is really of no interest to me and I’ve just moved to Edinburgh. After not completing the form, I assumed I was out of the running competently for CO 2020.

Then I receive another email this month asking if I’m still interested in positions in Co. Dublin. Yep, sure am. I replied and they came back saying I have an interview on 04/11. So because I rejected first interview offer they’re now giving me another one. Didn’t think that would happen.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this? Ideally I’d love a position in the DFA or Dept of Justice (I worked in the Irish embassy, London for some time and loved it) but I think it may be unlikely. Thanking you in advance!

Yes, I did. I replied saying yes and now have an interview on 04/11.

cahillp22 wrote: »
    Hi, can I ask if it was for expression of interest in customs officer posts or for general Clerical Officer?

I think when expression of interest emails are issued they are for specific roles.....

I received the same email asking if I’m still interested in positions in Co. Dublin, however they never stated for which department etc. It was just for general CO.

• Advertisement

Brilliant.

Advertisement