Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Officer 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,037 ✭✭✭Guffy

Just checked my spam folder to see if the e-vetting form had gone there, i discovered a fecking bounce back email :( deadline was the 19th, is there any hope I'd still be considered?

I forwarded on the original email with the time stamp on it. So bloody annoyed.

Will have to follow up with a call in the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 katiem111

Guffy wrote: »
    Just checked my spam folder to see if the e-vetting form had gone there, i discovered a fecking bounce back email :( deadline was the 19th, is there any hope I'd still be considered?

I forwarded on the original email with the time stamp on it. So bloody annoyed.

Will have to follow up with a call in the morning.

Its worth a try. I mixed up the date of my 1st interview, logged on a day late. Emailed, grovelled and was put back on the panel. Don't think they are taking calls. I would email ASAP.

Emailed there, had to split it over 3 emails as it wouldn't compress it below the required 10mb.

Actually feel sick right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭daffodill50

Emailed there, had to split it over 3 emails as it wouldn't compress it below the required 10mb.

Actually feel sick right now.

Crossing everything for you, I know how it feels, fingers xed they are understanding

They'll still consider my application, such a relief.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 44 katiem111

They'll still consider my application, such a relief.

Fantastic! I'm sure it happens all the time. Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Jassgal

Hey just wondering how long it took for any of yous to be giving a start date once you were assigned? I was assigned to social protection nearly 2 weeks ago and havent heard a thing from the dept about a start date, I have 2 friends who were hired from the 2019 comp and they both received a start date the following day after being assigned, I tried emailing and havent got a reply so not sure what's going on

• Registered Users Posts: 8,637 ✭✭✭shmeee

Jassgal wrote: »
    Hey just wondering how long it took for any of yous to be giving a start date once you were assigned? I was assigned to social protection nearly 2 weeks ago and havent heard a thing from the dept about a start date, I have 2 friends who were hired from the 2019 comp and they both received a start date the following day after being assigned, I tried emailing and havent got a reply so not sure what's going on

I know someone who got offered the DEASP over 2 weeks ago and is due to start the last week of November. She only got the start date this week.

shmeee wrote: »
    I know someone who got offered the DEASP over 2 weeks ago and is due to start the last week of November. She only got the start date this week.

That's good to hear I hope I'm not too much longer

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Horseylady

Hi guys
    Anyone know what the batch numbers mean?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭November Golf

Horseylady wrote: »
    Hi guys
    Anyone know what the batch numbers mean?

The batch number is how they group people together. The number of people in each batch can differ between counties but for example you could have the first 100 people called to interview in Batch 1, and the next 100 in Batch 2.

Sometime they also do sub-batches so in Batch 1 - the first 20 maybe batch 1.1 and the next 20 are in batch 1.2 and so on.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 climber123

Can you apply for mobility once the one year probation is up? Is there a long wait to get moved does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭EireinOZ

Is their any moment on the cork panel? Tia

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Justaburner

EireinOZ wrote: »
    Is their any moment on the cork panel? Tia

It was at 11 2 weeks ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

climber123 wrote: »
    Can you apply for mobility once the one year probation is up? Is there a long wait to get moved does anyone know?

You can apply for mobility straight away and you join the queue AFAIK. You have to wait two years before you can actually move though.

Latteral transfer on secondment can become available after you finish probation.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭celticbest

Does anyone know what Batch number they are working off now in Dublin? I was told I'm Batch 14?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,637 ✭✭✭shmeee

You can apply for mobility straight away and you join the queue AFAIK. You have to wait two years before you can actually move though.

Latteral transfer on secondment can become available after you finish probation.

Yes, mobility can be applied for on day one. May aswel get the name in the hat as a 2 year wait and then another bit until a place becomes available so could be any length then after the 2 years is up.

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭L390

I'm 3 weeks plus waiting on social protection to get in touch

• Registered Users Posts: 18 climber123

That's great about being able to apply for mobility, thanks!. Does a manager in your department know when you apply? I think I might be happy long term but handy to keep options open

climber123 wrote: »
    That's great about being able to apply for mobility, thanks!. Does a manager in your department know when you apply? I think I might be happy long term but handy to keep options open

I take it mobility means moving to another area/department

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 aoife345

Hi all

I had an interview this morning how long does it typically take to get results ?

aoife345 wrote: »
    Hi all

I had an interview this morning how long does it typically take to get results ?

Next day for me

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 263 ✭✭PatrickSmithUS

Got placed way down the list on a panel in one of the recent round. On it for two counties, doubt it will ever amount to anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Swalsh92

Does anyone know what oom Tipperary panel are on?

L390 wrote: »
    I'm 3 weeks plus waiting on social protection to get in touch

Oh god! I really thought once I got placed I would have a start date pretty soon.. I wonder what the hold up is. I'd say they have had a lot of people being assigned to them but surely they need extra staff now more than ever! Hopefully we wont be too much longer

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Dublintigger

Oh god! I really thought once I got placed I would have a start date pretty soon.. I wonder what the hold up is. I'd say they have had a lot of people being assigned to them but surely they need extra staff now more than ever! Hopefully we wont be too much longer

They are swamped at the moment because of the pandemic but they don't have senior staff to train new staff - hence the delay in appointments.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 little mrs

Swalsh92 wrote: »
    Does anyone know what oom Tipperary panel are on?

Or Westmeath?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Catd1980

Anyone hear how Laois or KK is progressing?

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Katieee323

celticbest wrote: »
    Does anyone know what Batch number they are working off now in Dublin? I was told I'm Batch 14?

I'm wondering this myself. It said I'm batch 14 also? Does it have anything to do with how we did in the interview or how the interviews were grouped together ??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭carolluke1

little mrs wrote: »
    Or Westmeath?

Westmeath were OOM 32 about 10 days ago

Advertisement