Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Officer 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Christine2020

Vologda69 wrote: »
    I emailed them on Monday. So it's pretty slow moving.

I see, it’s true in comparison with some of the others it seems. Thanks for your reply ðŸ‘ðŸ¼

• Registered Users Posts: 15 LenaM

Kildare only at 27 Oom ridiculously slow!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭tritriagain

I'm starting in dept. of agriculture at end of month.
    Can any one advice me on dress code for male?.
    Could I be working from home ?
    What are Christmas holidays and will I get paid for them after working a short period of time?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 aoife345

What’s the next step after submitting your vetting invitation and references and how long does that take? I sent them in over a week ago and haven’t had any response yet.

I’m supposed to be starting my role at the end of the month but I don’t want to hand in my notice until I signed a contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭carleigh

I'm starting in dept. of agriculture at end of month.
    Can any one advice me on dress code for male?.
    Could I be working from home ?
    What are Christmas holidays and will I get paid for them after working a short period of time?

Really depends on the section within the Department, but I would go with smart casual at the start. Again, depending on the section, you may or may not be working from home. I work in DAFM and have been working from home since April. There are no set Christmas holidays as all offices will be open for business. We work Christmas Eve and back in again on the 27th.

Best of luck, it’s a great Department to work in :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

COs is our place wear anything from jeans and a jumper to one who is suited and booted. I'd suggest shirt and tie on the first day, you can always take the tie off but only get one go at a first impression.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,710 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

COs is our place wear anything from jeans and a jumper to one who is suited and booted. I'd suggest shirt and tie on the first day, you can always take the tie off but only get one go at a first impression.

Historically, what dress code have CO's who got promoted followed?

As a general rule, dress for the job you want, not the one you have.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,512 ✭✭✭jaffa20

LenaM wrote: »
    Kildare only at 27 Oom ridiculously slow!!

Yeah that's only 20 called in 3 months. I've given up on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭celticbest

Hi Katieee323; I sent my paperwork to the email address which sent me the blank documents.

Have not received the link for Garda e-vetting yet though.

Got my email yesterday, it had the following forms attached - all gone back now,
    • Garda Vetting - declaration.
    • Declaration Document
    • Scanned Documents
    • Reference

Also asked whether I was in receipt of a social welfare payment, which I wasn't, seems a bit strange.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭ellejay

celticbest wrote: »
    Got my email yesterday, it had the following forms attached - all gone back now,
    • Garda Vetting - declaration.
    • Declaration Document
    • Scanned Documents
    • Reference

Also asked whether I was in receipt of a social welfare payment, which I wasn't, seems a bit strange.

A friend got their Email yesterday also with same forms.
    They were Batch 14 number 23 if that's any help to people waiting.
    There wasn't anything on the email to say where to send the forms so just replied to sender.
    Had to send a few separate emails as the attachments were too big to send in one email.

Re social welfare question - Friend is on Pandemic payment so put that in the email.
    Didn't see a reason to not say it as the email specifically asks if on any social welfare payments.

Hope that's helpful to anyone waiting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Baz1916

Hi .

I recently placed in the top 10 for customs officer role batch 4 . And I was wondering does anyone know when that batch might be called ? Or what batch they are on at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭L390

As I'm starting first week in December can someone tell me the dates over xmas and new year I'd have off ?? Social protection

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭newbie18892

L390 wrote: »
    As I'm starting first week in December can someone tell me the dates over xmas and new year I'd have off ?? Social protection

Going by people I know who already work in the CS, I think you just get Christmas Day, St. Stephen's Day, and New Year's Day off.

Going by people I know who already work in the CS, I think you just get Christmas Day, St. Stephen's Day, and New Year's Day off.

Feck sake and I had 3 weeks off with my current job !!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭tomjmsn

Hi anyone know how security clearance works and if/how this is likely to be affected by residence abroad? I lived for 4 of the past 5 years in Asia but have ample evidence of my time there with a reputable employer etc

tomjmsn wrote: »
    Hi anyone know how security clearance works and if/how this is likely to be affected by residence abroad? I lived for 4 of the past 5 years in Asia but have ample evidence of my time there with a reputable employer etc

I'm wondering the same. I spent some years in Australia but wasn't ask to get Police clearance for there. Wondering if this was an oversight on their part (not to ask for it) or do we only require Gardai clearance?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 LenaM

jaffa20 wrote: »
    Yeah that's only 20 called in 3 months. I've given up on it.
    Same...it’s a joke

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭niallmacsuain

tomjmsn wrote: »

My 3 years in the UK seemed to have no impact on my security clearance whatsoever. I can't speak for living in Asia, though, but I imagine they'll be in touch if there are any issues. The Garda vetting asks for a full history of your places of residence.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 cahillp22

Hi and congrats! I'm in 30s of batch 3..

I know up to at least 50 in batch 2 are starting in the next two weeks.

All depends on how many is in each batch:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Issy2020

Hi
    I checked with Revenue today and asked if they could tell me where they were in allocating positions on the panel 're Customs Officer positions?
    They responded and said they were half way through Batch 3 (they did not indicate how many were in Batch 3). They just said they would be in touch when they got to my OOM in Batch 4 which looks like will be another few weeks at least.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Nan58

Hi all, I’ve just started a CO role in DEASP and got my first pay check! How does the pension scheme work because I received €348 and was expecting closer to €395! Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 8,637 ✭✭✭shmeee

Nan58 wrote: »
    Hi all, I’ve just started a CO role in DEASP and got my first pay check! How does the pension scheme work because I received €348 and was expecting closer to €395! Thanks

€348 doesn't sound right.

Single person with standard tax credits etc should be around the €403 mark.

Did you view your payslip? Pension isn't that amount anyway.

Are you on a week 1 or cumulative tax basis? Log into myAccount on Revenue.ie and review your details.

Year 1 Current Rate Gross is €471.20.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 telebingo94

Does anyone know what batch number they’re on for Dublin? I’m batch 15.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Red Honeysuckle

Any update on Limerick? Or Tipperary? Are they moving at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭lass1

Does anyone know what batch number they’re on for Dublin? I’m batch 15.
    Hi telebingo94

I am also in batch 15 so we may end up working together ��

Nan58 wrote: »

You serious ....that cant be right ...

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭newbie18892

Has anyone interviewed recently for Dublin? Seems like they're getting close to my OOM so I'm wondering how quickly they're getting through the list.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭tiny14

Any update on Limerick? Or Tipperary? Are they moving at all?

Last time i conracted them 19 in limerick & 37 in tipp!! Limerick hasnt moved in months!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭Green farmer

Is this a 1 or 2 year panel ? Hopefully things might get back to normal next year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,637 ✭✭✭shmeee

Is this a 1 or 2 year panel ? Hopefully things might get back to normal next year

1 year panel.

Many civil servants won't be back in an office until middle of next year if even.

Training is the big problem at the moment with social distance in play.

Advertisement