Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What games have you been playing lately?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Gbear wrote: »

It would've probably helped to have played with someone but as a singleplayer experience, it certainly didn't quite have enough for me.

Ahh you played it wrong, BL2 is a 4 player game. If all 4 are mates around the same level it is one of the best games ever made.

160 hours for me and 0 in Single player.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Ahh you played it wrong, BL2 is a 4 player game. If all 4 are mates around the same level it is one of the best games ever made.

160 hours for me and 0 in Single player.

Not really I played them all solo and found them very enjoyable.

Not really I played them all solo and found them very enjoyable.

Game comes into its own in coop, especially with different character builds.

Its sort of designed for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

I solo'd it too.

Currently doing a No-Magic Very Hard run in Dishonored, and playing a little Hotline Miami again along with copious amounts of Pokemon X.

Want to try speedrunning Dark Souls but can't figure out how to get the counters to run over the game, all suggestions via PM are welcome :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

^ That's the only way I know how to play Dishonored. Never did use the magic much.

I'm playing various games lately. Pathologic, which is so text-heavy it's making it a nightmare to narrate into the mic while streaming... can't believe I narrated the manual's intro... twice! And I'll probably end up ryhming it off again for anyone that joins the stream and asks the inevitable "WTF is this?!".

Also emulated some The Bouncer. Full Kou perfect playthrough, no loading back needed, no deaths, some boss perfects, all 3 Mikado fights, extra Kou-specific boss at the end. Pretty much completely owned it :D

Bit of Witcher 3. Nidhogg... Sakura Clicker and Alone In The Dark: The New Nightmare. Good ole mix of games that have been grand to stream.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Rocket League, it's great.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Squaredude

Rocket League, it's great.

And addictive, so addictive.

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭irishlad12345

Recently started playing civilization V most addicting game I've ever played definitly recomenned

Recently started playing civilization V most addicting game I've ever played definitly recomenned

We told you :p

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭irishlad12345

Thanks to you lot I've haven't seen sunlight in over a week !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,734 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

Thanks to you lot I've haven't seen sunlight in over a week !

414%20morloc.jpg

You're welcome!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭strelok

well
    decided to get civ 5 cos it was cheap on steam and y'all were talking about it here

'just one more turn' is right

a game hasn't captured my attention this much in a long, long time

• Registered Users Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Played Rocket League all of last week. It's the best slice of multiplayer I've ever played in a long time.

All weekend I played and finished Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes (just going to fly through the other missions and collect as much collectables as I can), finished the mission finalé of Dying Light (started New Game+), and I just finished Episode 4 of Telltale's Game of Thrones.

Hoping to get Sleeping Dogs done this week, hoping nothing else distracts me :P

EDIT: I apologize, I forgot this was PC games only....

Then I suppose the only PC game I did play was Rocket League.

Mafia 2 onto chapter 14, really good game. Games dont have to be open world to be good :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Arkham Knight. I'm loving it, but frustrated at times by the performance issues. I've finished the story so I think I'll just wait for the patch and do a new game plus when that comes out.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,271 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Bought Arkham Knight with the intention of testing my new 970, but it seems that it has issues with Windows 10 at the mo,

So i bought GTA V and i am enjoying the hell out of it :D

Just got Borderlands if anyone wants to Co-Op, playing now

Just got Borderlands if anyone wants to Co-Op, playing now

I will play with you but since I updated to 10 I never sorted out my steam library and tried to boot the game there and it is downloaded the whole game again and it will take forever as I live in the sticks. Is this the first Borderlands game?

First one yeah, I'll be dipping in and out for a while and I'm normally up for a game but no rush

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

I can tell after about an hour and a bit in that Wolfenstein: New Order is a lot more serious than Old Blood.

OB was a bit of a romp - shoot stuff in the face, win game.

NO really doesn't pull any punches. Loving it so far.

• Advertisement

Vicxas wrote: »
    Bought Arkham Knight with the intention of testing my new 970, but it seems that it has issues with Windows 10 at the mo,

So i bought GTA V and i am enjoying the hell out of it :D

Arkham Knight has issues in general, I don't think Windows 10 is the cause. It wouldn't even start for me on Windows 7. It plays as I expected it to play on Windows based off reviews and comments.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

The moment you start getting bored, try a one-city challenge and it feels entirely fresh again. Surprisingly doable.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,271 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

chrislad wrote: »
    Arkham Knight has issues in general, I don't think Windows 10 is the cause. It wouldn't even start for me on Windows 7. It plays as I expected it to play on Windows based off reviews and comments.

Oh i know that, it is awfully buggy :)

Vicxas wrote: »
    Oh i know that, it is awfully buggy :)

Yup, which is an shame, as I said, as it's really quite a good game. I did finish it with the buggy version and now I'll wait for the patch/rerelease to play it with decent visuals.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭CraigM84

recent games would be
    Mainly:
    Rocket League
    Gta V
    On and off:
    Blacks Ops 2 Zombies
    Trackmania 2 stadium
    just cause 2

• Registered Users Posts: 17,510 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Decided to give Dota2 a rest for a while, so am alternating between:

BF4
    Bioshock 1
    GTA V

Wanted to play rocket league for a few weeks, but put off by the need for a controller. Finally picking one up this week, so will purchase that.

Also have Skyrim installed, but haven't played it in almost a year. I only put about 30 hours into it before having to uninstall it for HD space reasons. Got a bigger SSD a few months ago and reinstalled it with full intentions, but just haven't gotten around to it.

Started playing South Park Stick of Truth, I'm quite enjoying it, I'm about 4 hours in and playing at a leisurely pace so I'm doing a lot of exploring and side missions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Been having a lot of fun in Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes :D

I mean, for what is basically a glorified demo, I've spent more time playing that than in many full games.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Was thinking of re-installing it to have another go. I never did git gud at it.

It IS a demo, though. And although I think it's great and a very good demo... I still can't help but hate them for ever releasing it for money. Everyone basically said yes, we'll buy 1/100th of your game for 1/2 the price. A lesson Konami and others will likely never forget.

Can't blame me, though. I'm playing it from family-sharing. Come at me. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

I've 24 hours playtime in Ground Zeroes so far, managed to get a lot of achievements, and my first S-rank.

Back playing The Evil Within again too the last couple of days. I had been half way through Chapter 7, got to the end of that chapter where I was repeatedly bashed to **** by The Keeper, took my ages to get past him :o

Advertisement