Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What games have you been playing lately?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Playing Hitman: Absolution at the min not really sucking me in which is why I reckon it will take me a while to finish or even play it. I will probably play a hour or two here and there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Ant695

Got started on ark over the weekend and fired up arkham knight just to see it I could run it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

Fired up a new build in Dark Souls 2 SOTFS over the weekend. Never used the Black Knight Greatsword, even when I had nearly had 400 hours in vanilla Dark Souls 2, but easily becoming one of my favourite weapons.

Other than that i've been dipping in and out of Witcher 3, Alien Isolation, Darkest Dungeon and then playing some King of the Hill in Arma 3 or Wasteland in Arma 2.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭strelok

****ing civ5

**** the shoshone
    **** the danish
    **** poland

**** austria especially. if they hadn't been in my way the rest of the civs wouldn't be so angry at me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭Thinkingaboutit

Crusader Kings 2, GTAV Online (lvl 82-120 hype) and Atilla Total War.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Got a 75% off coupon for Infested Planet, so snapped that up. Awesome game, if you like killing swarms and swarms of things, it's amazing fun!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Just finished off GTA V on my shiny new 970, now to see if Batman has been patched yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Vicxas wrote: »
    Just finished off GTA V on my shiny new 970, now to see if Batman has been patched yet.

It hasn't as of today :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,558 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Just finished The Witcher 3 so now playing something a bit more mindless, Wolfenstein: The Old Blood

chrislad wrote: »
    It hasn't as of today :)

Gratuitous amounts of Rocket League it is so!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Internet Friend

Playing an awful lot of Kerbal Space Program at the moment, great game!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Haven't finished Wolfenstein yet but couldn't hold off on the Witcher 3 any more.

It's ****ing class. Get on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

Where to start....

Oculus Rift:
    ETS2
    Elite
    Skyrim playthrough
    Alien Isolation

Normal:
    Skyrim modded
    FM2012
    LoL

Spoilt for choice but only so many hours in a week.... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭Maguined

Taylor365 wrote: »
    Where to start....

Oculus Rift:
    ETS2
    Elite
    Skyrim playthrough
    Alien Isolation

Normal:
    Skyrim modded
    FM2012
    LoL

Spoilt for choice but only so many hours in a week.... :(

Ah here Alien Isolation with the Occulus Rift? Don't think my fragile little mind could handle that.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Destiny...on the PS4 :o

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

New Vegas has been started and is going quite well. It's a fun game.

I'm progressing through a Long War playthrough too as well as a nice bit of Civ 5 for some reason - I was in a slow/turn based sort of mood.

Rocket League of course too, great game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭bur

Poly Bridge, simple yet complex.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,751 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

I was bored, bought Zombi on steam, it's fairly decent.
    Flitting between Total war and Darkest Dungeon and the occasional bout of COH2 co-op

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

I was bored, bought Zombi on steam, it's fairly decent.

Saw that and half thinking of getting it myself. Is it Linear or can you explore a bit?

it's fairly linear in it's maps, but you can go back and forth to previously explored areas to pick up stuff you forgot or couldnt carry.. load screens between each area too, and ye cant jump :/ which is a bit meh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,627 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Turned on Total Annihilation: Kingdoms for the first time in years. I picked up some new hotkey commands I never knew about! The game is now much more fun that it already was for me :)

Also played a bit of Final Fantasy VII on Steam just to see if it was good with a gamepad. I was rather impressed. I'll wait till I have nothing else to distract me before I delve back into that gem. I can blame the reveal of the Remake back at E3 for playing this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Skullgirls.

It's hard wrapping my head around these 2D combo-centric FGs. So fast.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭john the one

The tomb raider reboot. Played it about a year ago with a kbm and didn't enjoy it but using a ps4 controller makes it a different game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Playing Ryse at the moment. It has it's flaws but i kind of like it. I love Roman history and it's cool to actually play as a Roman soldier in the thick of combat. Most games about Rome are usually strategy titles. I'd love to see more games like this set in Ancient Rome or something Mount and Blade style with a Roman setting.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,530 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Started playing a fair bit of Company of Heroes 2 again in advance of the new DLC release penciled in for September.

Anyone else playing it at the moment? I am shocked at how much trolling and petty behavior is going on in the community.

Good bit into The Witcher now ;)

Finished the main campaign on Infested Planet, that was really excellent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Finished Wolfenstein NO this morning.

Great game. Fantastic.

Gritty, pulpy, liked the characters, the story was fun and it was fantastically put together with the world really feeling every inch of a Nazi dystopia, including the little touches like the music and all the newspaper clippings.
    While the levels were linear, they abandoned the loading screen bollocks that Half-Life introduced - missions like the one on the bridge gave it a real sense of scale.

But the core mechanics were where it really shined.

The guns are amazing. Sound, look, the way they handle. Just absolutely perfect. Great pace to how you grow your arsenal as well.
    The dual wielding is a surprisingly effective way to expand the capabilities - rather than giving you a silly chain gun type thing or some giant laser death cannon, they give you 6 combinations of the same gun that each handle differently - separate firing modes on each with single and dual wielding.

I really liked the admittedly quite simple RPG mechanics as well.
    It really was quite handy to be able to sprint while double wielding later on in the game. That little trickle of skills, your growing health pool gave the game a nice smooth pace to it.

Definitely the best FPS I've played in a very long time. Crysis had the mechanics, Metro had the atmosphere but I'm not sure I've ever played such a complete package of a shooter.
    Looking forward to the next installment or the next IP they try their hand at.

I hope the guys at id were watching.
    This game took their engine and the aesthetic associated with them but put together something a lot more rounded and enjoyable than they've ever produced.

Yeah, The New Order was amazing, one of the standout parts for me is the train journey, just after you get the coffee, that was tense as hell... :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭john the one

Whenever i see someone praising The New Order i have to jump in and agree, it is a damn fine game with very little wrong with it.

• Advertisement

Started playing a fair bit of Company of Heroes 2 again in advance of the new DLC release penciled in for September.

Anyone else playing it at the moment? I am shocked at how much trolling and petty behavior is going on in the community.

yeah, and it's been bad lately in co-op too for some reason, though tonight was grand got a few really decent wins.

last night was a different story altogether, was playing my usual turtle and fortify with tank traps, arty etc.. on or covering a CP effectively holding the central command point on hard - the other two chaps in the game were getting hammered left and right of me and i was going full out to keep my infantry alive and keep the centre CP at the same time so i couldn't give support to either side, so one of the two lads gets pissed off with this and instead of helping the guy on the right he builds a bunch of mortars and shells me to oblivion - could have easily won that game if yer man helped instead of teamkilled but yeah, that kind of thing happens more and more these days :/
    I wouldn't mind but ye cant kick the feckers either, and the odds of you getting into your next game with the same twit are fairly high too, sadly

Links234 wrote: »
    Yeah, The New Order was amazing, one of the standout parts for me is the train journey, just after you get the coffee, that was tense as hell... :eek:

I think the bad guys were the real stars in that game. Really sinister and creepy in a sort of over the top comical way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭Severard

Currently playing Fallout New Vegas. Mods keep this game alive for a very long time. On a side note when playing yesterday I stopped for a few minutes and some of the NPCs that were with me started doing strange things like one sitting down and having a drink, another going to sleep on a bedroll and one even doing press-ups. I never seen this type of behavior from NPCs in a game before.

I would like to play the Witcher 3 or Fallout 4 when it comes out but my laptop would likely catch fire if I try either of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 884 ✭✭✭_Godot_

I started up Skyborn, an RPG Maker game that I picked up in a bundle. I'm playing on easy, which is really too easy. If you ever play this, play it on normal.

I also went back to Trails in the Sky on PSP. I'm going through the final dungeon for stuff in chests, then off to the final boss!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Whenever i see someone praising The New Order i have to jump in and agree, it is a damn fine game with very little wrong with it.

I don't necessarily disagree with you, but I can't say I'm being captivated by it. Granted, I'm only past the first level and climbed the big gate, but it's very meh so far. It's not bad, it's just not this amazing game that I've been hearing about so far.

chrislad wrote: »
    I don't necessarily disagree with you, but I can't say I'm being captivated by it. Granted, I'm only past the first level and climbed the big gate, but it's very meh so far. It's not bad, it's just not this amazing game that I've been hearing about so far.

Stick with it, it absolutely takes off once you get past the first act.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭Cuban Pete

Recently gave Underrail another shot but turned it down to easy since normal was like playing a version of Fallout 2 with an extended Temple of Trials. Enjoying it greatly so far! Though now it's a bit too easy. Or maybe I just have a better handle on character creation.

I'll leave a rant about difficulty for another time.

More interestingly, I decided to give new!Xcom another go and was pleasantly surprised once I stopped comparing it to the original. Now, there's some areas where I can't help that. Not being able to recruit scientists and engineers, the restriction on base building, limitation of one squad and (as a result of that) having to choose between abduction sites that greatly (and infuriatingly) hampers the ability to control global panic, the general lack of depth to the tactical side; giving the player less choice in games of strategy and tactics, I would argue, is a bad thing.

But I can accept all that because underneath is still a fun game in its own right. Especially once you get into it and get a handle on panic levels. My first attempt, not knowing the importance of building satellites, was nothing short of disastrous.

So, seriously loving The Witcher. The fact that so far, most of the gameplay is taking place in the city and there's a lot of interesting story quests, solving murder and such like. A lot less focus on dungeons and lots of monster slaughter. Though there is still quite a bit of that. **** the swamp though :o

Also myself and herself picked up Besiege and I... :eek: First early access game for me and it's fun. Horrible, horrible game, but fun. I made a contraption that let fly a whole load of spinning saws that flew around mincemeating all those poor knights.

Went back to play the Witcher 2, and i am disappointed that the FPS are dropping to 50FPS on Ultra...

I mean I can play GTA V on Ultra with everything maxed out, but can only set this to high to get 60FPS...... hmmmmmmm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

Obsessively playing The Binding Of Isaac: Rebirth. I've finished every path on hard mode bar one character and very close to the Platinum God achievement!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭mahoganygas

I'm playing through Fallout 3 for the first time - and loving it!

It's really gripping. There have been some tense moments. I'll admit I almost crapped my pants on more than one occasion. The missus walked into the room as an enemy appeared out of nowhere. I physically lifted an inch off the chair with fright!
    ...Much to her amusement.

It's so hard to gauge how far along I am in the main story. I guess that's the whole point of a sandbox. I'm used to more linear stories so it's taking a bit of getting used to.
    I suspect I've only scratched the surface. I've just entered DC, met mad dog and now I'm picking up some quests around Ghoul city. Could somebody give a rough % of how far along I am?
    I guess that's like asking how long is a piece of string!

Really enjoying it. Although I might knock the difficulty down a level - give my blood pressure a reprieve!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭strelok

It's so hard to gauge how far along I am in the main story. I guess that's the whole point of a sandbox. I'm used to more linear stories so it's taking a bit of getting used to.
    I suspect I've only scratched the surface. I've just entered DC, met mad dog and now I'm picking up some quests around Ghoul city. Could somebody give a rough % of how far along I am?

it is a bit how long is a piece of string you're right. iirc you can complete fallout 3 in about ten minutes so it really does depend on where you went, what you did, how long it took you to do it..

just carry on as you are, let it be organic :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Vicxas wrote: »
    Went back to play the Witcher 2, and i am disappointed that the FPS are dropping to 50FPS on Ultra...

I mean I can play GTA V on Ultra with everything maxed out, but can only set this to high to get 60FPS...... hmmmmmmm

What card you using?

Turn off ubersampling,it'll really tax any gpu.

If your using Nvidia you can use DSR and other forms off AA for the game in the Nvidia control panel. Much more efficent than the ubersampling in game

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭mahoganygas

strelok wrote: »
    just carry on as you are, let it be organic :)

I can't live in a world without rules!

You should have seen me playing sim city 2000. All my neighborhoods had to be symmetrical with equal numbers of commerce, industry and residential.
    My city looked beautiful...but soon went bankrupt!

EoinHef wrote: »
    What card you using?

Turn off ubersampling,it'll really tax any gpu.

If your using Nvidia you can use DSR and other forms off AA for the game in the Nvidia control panel. Much more efficent than the ubersampling in game

Im on a GTX 970, but ill give that a try later.

I'm playing through Fallout 3 for the first time - and loving it!

It's really gripping. There have been some tense moments. I'll admit I almost crapped my pants on more than one occasion. The missus walked into the room as an enemy appeared out of nowhere. I physically lifted an inch off the chair with fright!
    ...Much to her amusement.

I guess that's like asking how long is a piece of string!

Really enjoying it. Although I might knock the difficulty down a level - give my blood pressure a reprieve!

The metro tunnels can be creepy as ****. I was playing one night in my room with the lights off. I was sneaking and creeping my way through one tunnel, then wham i got hit from behind by a ghoul that came up behind me without making a sound. Nearly fell out of my chair with fright.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Subbed back to EVE online... Actually fun. Just relearning stuff was hard. I barely knew much at the start anyway. :)

Heroes of the Storm. Really liking it. I played a lot of Lol back in the day, but I like HotS a lot more now. I am more casual Moba player and it has a lot more variety then normal mobas, so keeps me interested. Business plan is really fair too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,627 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Gone proper retro as of late. Hooked up the Mega Drive and flew through a few games.

Streets of Rage 2 (beat it again for the umpteenth time, in record time for me - bout 40mins on Normal)
    Micro Machines 2: Turbo Tournament
    Flashback

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Left4Dead 2.

Downloaded the super horde mod, waves of zombies are increased by 500%.

Totally insane and you need a serious machine for it to not grind to a halt but by god, it's incredible fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Justwinginit

Just finished Borderlands 2, so Multiplayer is now Borderlands the pre sequal, Single player I Started up Shadow of Mordor (2 hours in). OMG it's a sweet looking game, and really interesting too. Can't wait to get my teeth well and truly stuck into it....

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Assetto Corsa, Dirt Rally, Stock Car Extreme for my sim fix.
    Dirty Bomb,BF3 and BF4,Titanfall for fps fix.
    Insurgency and rising storm for realism fps fix.
    Path of exile and diablo 3 for arpg fix.

• Advertisement
Advertisement