Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dumb/Great Facebook Status {merge} [No Names]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭languagenerd

ronan45 wrote: »
    36 year old guy .... yet another typical "Im at the Gym update" look at me

Tags himself at **** GYM

Status Update
    "Ok Crunch time with (tags gym teacher) YES WE ARE IRON MEN Lets F-ing do this"

Then to add insult to Injury... Posts a picture of himself lifting weights with the caption "No Sweat"

:confused: 15 likes.......... :rolleyes:

I'm always so tempted to comment with a link to this ad when people break out the gym statuses :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭DipStick McSwindler

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Gym updates really are the ultimate in pathetic narcissism and are up there with food shots in terms of pointless status updates that nobody else cares about.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭gubber

This was on my newsfeed the other day.......

k0osg8.jpg

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,533 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

I actually called a girl out on this once, same thing " Such a **** day" followed by comments like "chat me hun" and "are ya okay?"

To say I went to town on her was an understatement, now I was just plain cruel(cos im an awful wnaker on Facebook, yes im that guy) , but at the time I did it, she actually wnt so far as to take a screenshot of my comments, block out my name and post it as a status giving out about people

I found it hilarious

was delighted I ruined her day

Well that's just as bad as the people who attention-seek to be honest, sincerely doubt you're impressing anybody with that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

gubber wrote: »
    This was on my newsfeed the other day.......

k0osg8.jpg

They weren't very happy when I threw my bearskin rug over to them. Ungrateful bastards...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

On Luis Suarez wanting to leave Liverpool

"Another one bites the dust literally great player but feckin idiot gud riddance"

Calls him an idiot and then spells "good" as "gud" :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

On Luis Suarez wanting to leave Liverpool

"Another one bites the dust literally great player but feckin idiot gud riddance"

Calls him an idiot and then spells "good" as "gud" :pac:

You also have to laugh at "He's such a great player! But what an idiot for wanting to go to a club that can utilise his talents better!" attitude. :P

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,533 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

"Think ill clean out some of my friends list. sorry in advance :P"

Usually delete people who put up this nonsense but I actually like this person, unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭FreeFallin94

Is anyone else who is following Hope Ur Ok Hun just waiting with anticipation for the moment when she finds out that Brad in fact lives no where near Disney Land? I genuinely look forward to her posts! :L

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,508 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Is anyone else who is following Hope Ur Ok Hun just waiting with anticipation for the moment when she finds out that Brad in fact lives no where near Disney Land? I genuinely look forward to her posts! :L

It's ever funnier than that! "Her" last post was tagged as being near Ottawa, Ontario, Canada. Brads mother speaks French, cos she's French Canadian. I don't think "she" realises that "she's" not in America :pac:

I added the quotation marks to gender as I'm fairly certain it's a bloke that runs that account :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,695 ✭✭✭Lisha

Haha I kant kope

:):)

Lol today's is very funny :)

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

Lisha wrote: »
    Haha I kant kope

Is that you, Kim Kardashian?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Lisha wrote: »
    Lol today's is very funny :)

Ottawa :D

coolhull wrote: »
    Is that you, Kim Kardashian?

Choo choo

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭FreeFallin94

So I am friends with the craziest girl on FB. She is absolutely mental, and puts literally everything up on her page. Absolutely everyone where I am from is friends with her or just stalks her page because it is just so entertaining. To give you an idea of her popularity, I showed her page to my sister who lives in Edinburgh. She proceeded to show her flatmates, who now all occasionally look at her profile. This girl is essentially the real live version of Hope Ur Ok Hun.

Today, she put up this gem:

"So da gossip from last nite my so called ex best mate .....is pregnant with my ex/first boyfriend she dosnt tell me she's with him an she dosnt tell me she's pregnant an d time she got with him myself an him we're working things out well I think u went a bit halo on revenge now wit me goin of wiv ur ex ..... !"

I am not joking- she actually thinks it is totally appropriate to put this stuff up. She once put a photo of herself in the bath up (with strategically placed bubbles, of course). I also recall her putting up a status saying "Gonna get fuked in 2 ways tonite!". Like I said- crazy. My best friend was actually this girl's neighbour so that's how I found out about her. Apparently she is just as mental in real life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭Aspiring

"Wats obama's second name"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭Napper Hawkins

lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

I shouldn't have to say it, but DO NOT give out links to peoples personal pages.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,034 ✭✭✭Ficheall

humanji wrote: »
    I shouldn't have to say it, but DO NOT give out links to peoples personal pages.

Linky :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

I fall for it every bloody time!!!!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

humanji wrote: »
    I fall for it every bloody time!!!!

That's your page? :eek:

"no playa boii can win my love its sweetness that im thinkin of!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭Custardpi

Aspiring wrote: »
    "no playa boii can win my love its sweetness that im thinkin of!"

Neneh Cherry, no?

• Advertisement

Custardpi wrote: »
    Neneh Cherry, no?

I have no idea haha I'm just quoting the facebook stunnas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭Custardpi

I have no idea haha I'm just quoting the facebook stunnas.

Yeah, just checked & it's a slight corruption of a lyric from "Buffalo Stance", replacing "money man" with "playa boi". Hey, if you're going to post attention seeking statuses, you might as well alleviate the damage somewhat by referencing some quality 80s pop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭Rubber_Soul

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭BNMC

Jesus Christ the amount of "gud luk to all doin exams tomorrow" type updates is ridiculous. It was all over the news today about them starting tomorrow too. Does any other country go on about exams (that lets face are not all that important) as much?

Also, "rates? <3"

Fuck off!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭looking_around

I have friends & family abroad, so, no, I only see the exam thing here..and the states.

I think it might have to with the fact that the LC is really the only "big exam" kids fo, if they had frequent assessment with a risk of forced repeating. This would change and only family involved of said kid would wish them luck.

• Advertisement

Custardpi wrote: »
    Yeah, just checked & it's a slight corruption of a lyric from "Buffalo Stance", replacing "money man" with "playa boi". Hey, if you're going to post attention seeking statuses, you might as well alleviate the damage somewhat by referencing some quality 80s pop.

You know these usual suspects, she'll probably have forgotten the song by tomorrow :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

I have friends & family abroad, so, no, I only see the exam thing here..and the states.

I think it might have to with the fact that the LC is really the only "big exam" kids fo, if they had frequent assessment with a risk of forced repeating. This would change and only family involved of said kid would wish them luck.
    It's just as bad in the UK. Every year around the time of the A-Levels there are the same old stories about the dumbing down of the eduction system and how someone who gets an A now would probably have only achieved a C in the magical times of Yore and there are too many people going to university and blah blah blah.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭Festy

What's with couples talking to each other on facebook when they're in the same room ? Like seriously, WTF is wrong with people these days... :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭DipStick McSwindler

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭Festy

dOgXWnf.jpg

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭wildlifeboy

I have been reading this thread for ages but never got one to post until this morning. "common qld take giv it a good lash tanight..."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

The worst is 'check your inbox Hun'

They're already going to be notified that they have a new message, why leave them a post as well?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭mackeire

LizT wrote: »
    The worst is 'check your inbox Hun'

They're already going to be notified that they have a new message, why leave them a post as well?

Yuv gt mail Hun xx <3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

mackeire wrote: »
    Yuv gt mail Hun xx <3

Raydin nw bbz <3<3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

mackeire wrote: »
    Yuv gt mail Hun xx <3

Sent u a reply there hun x

• Advertisement

but i dnt wanna tlk bout it hun

"Like for HO's only doin a feww"

Then a month later....

"Ugh can't stand people who do HO's just attention seekers"

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

Similarly...

"Ask me anythin (: (enter ask.fm link here)"

A month later

"Ask.fm is so stupid dunno why anyone wud use it"

These are not direct quotes, but merely rough quotes from the plethora of ****e I see on my news feed/homepage every day.

Thwip! wrote: »
    Raydin nw bbz <3<3

Raydin? Was this a culchie stunna haha love it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

Raydin? Was this a culchie stunna haha love it.

Chatz ltrz bbz, baylin needs doen ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭BNMC

"new fone <3 mail me yur digits"

Blatant attention seeking.

Thwip! wrote: »
    Chatz ltrz bbz, baylin needs doen ;)

kk hunzo mii da is doin sylage ugh h8 lyf. WHY ARRE ALL YHOO MEN DA SAME.

BNMC wrote: »
    "new fone <3 mail me yur digits"

Blatant attention seeking.

I know males who have done this. I just had to slowly close the screen and sob manly tears of testosterone for mankind everywhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 286 ✭✭fathead82

Someone on my news feed updates at least 4 times a week with a photo of her dog,if they have a day out at the lake or park,you get photo updates all day until the dog goes to sleep that night.
    I like dogs,but this breaks my balls.

• Advertisement

fathead82 wrote: »
    I like dogs,but this breaks my balls.

Ok, her posts must be boring as hell, but I don't think I would let it affect my testicular health!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement