Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

beef price tracker

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭ordinary farmer

Got 1350 for a lad needed about 4-6 weeks feeding in late Nov. He went to factory Christmas week.

what sort of fella was this.? mine isnt ped only an angus. had used him on a few heifers because didnt want to use the lim bull on them. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭Butcher Boy

got 1750 for a 4 year old ch bull n skibbereen mart before christmas he was 1060 kgs had given up working.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,326 ✭✭✭Farmer Pudsey

lads does any body know what they are giving for over age bulls i have one about 650kg and have about 2-3 weeks feeding left hope to get him up to 700kg

How old is he is over 24 months or 30 months. Is he fed or is he stagish.

he is a 3 year old was being fed for finishing along with 4 other bulls killed at 24 months but i kept him to bull heifers and i was going to keep him for this year but i had a ped black cow have a calf and he is a smashing bull so im going to keep him instead of the this buk he has being fed for the last 2 weeks, he is all right just want to fill out his back more

• Registered Users Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭freedominacup

what sort of fella was this.? :)

Are ye ready for this.......

Pure Holstein, 6 years old. I'd say 800kgs plus when I sold him. Waspanicking about what I was going to get for him there were some very poor quotes on this thread for bulls at the time.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭sea12

Are ye ready for this.......

Pure Holstein, 6 years old. I'd say 800kgs plus when I sold him. Waspanicking about what I was going to get for him there were some very poor quotes on this thread for bulls at the time.

Well don't keep us in suspense. What did you get for him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 278 ✭✭micky mouse

sea12 wrote: »
    Well don't keep us in suspense. What did you get for him
    Id say he was worth 1350;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭freedominacup

Id say he was worth 1350;)
    :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,716 ✭✭✭1chippy

cull limo x 560kg 1100
    cull limo x 620kg 1400
    cull limo x 715kg 1300
    All sold in mart and needed another 1-2 months feeding

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭morebabies

I have 12 real good B Blue bulls, very well fed, on slats. Planning on selling them before mid March. They weigh in the region of 280-320-kg at the moment. They will probably have gone up a little by March in weight. Most of these bulls are jet white in colour, closely bred to the Blue bull. What do you think would be the price of these animals? As it doesn't suit me to go down the bull beef route. These are just coming up on a year old now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 453 ✭✭caseman

morebabies wrote: »
    I have 12 real good B Blue bulls, very well fed, on slats. Planning on selling them before mid March. They weigh in the region of 280-320-kg at the moment. They will probably have gone up a little by March in weight. Most of these bulls are jet white in colour, closely bred to the Blue bull. What do you think would be the price of these animals? As it doesn't suit me to go down the bull beef route. These are just coming up on a year old now.

Very low weights for very well fed year old bulls.

are they fresin cross :p :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭whelan1

have a few pb aa cows in good condition culls will i bring them to mart or factory, they have got no meal yet

whelan1 wrote: »
    have a few pb aa cows in good condition culls will i bring them to mart or factory, they have got no meal yet

id go the mart route good demand for black cows now days for feeding. be your best bet with the price of meal these days. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Nobbies

anyone with base price quotes for heifers this coming week or the lastweek in the northern half of the country?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,716 ✭✭✭1chippy

whelan1 wrote: »
    The mart would be your best bet, make sure to pick the mart though i see a lot of claiming in a few marts when it comes to cows especially.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭simx

1chippy wrote: »
    The mart would be your best bet, make sure to pick the mart though i see a lot of claiming in a few marts when it comes to cows especially.

+1 have seen alot of this too

• Registered Users Posts: 6,343 ✭✭✭bob charles

cows always make mad money in marts, I cannot understand how the lads make it pay considering each and everyone of them are eating around 4 quids feeding a day. The cow feeding game is an addiction IMV

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭stand on!!

Were any of ye in Roscrea Friday most of the cows there will blow an awful lot of money

• Registered Users Posts: 5,422 ✭✭✭just do it

1chippy wrote: »

What do you mean by "claiming"? Is this where a lad puts a claim on a cow and the others then don't bid?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭Bodacious

just do it wrote: »
    What do you mean by "claiming"? Is this where a lad puts a claim on a cow and the others then don't bid?

yes especially in small marts with only a couple of factory agents.. you have this one and im having the big black one etc!:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭dryan

posted the question below in the horse burger thread but no replies....

Anyone care to speculate how this will affect mart and factory cattle prices over the next few days/weeks/months?

trying to finish a batch of bullocks - should have them ready in about 3 weeks - how much of a hit am i going to take??? Its unreal to think that i am one of the many farmers out there that is going to take the hit on this.....F*** you Larry!

we are going to have to do some serious price cutting to keep our product on the shelves depending how much of this story the people are fed by the media. Another big story today in something else would be a great help:rolleyes:. 24hrs time and we will have an idea about how big an impact, who really knows as its rolling snowball territory. first thinking maybe a 20c a kg across the board. cattle far out from finishing +60days maybe be better held off from finishing. Any larger cut that that and very quickly it would be end game for many, myself included

Can we hold off on the finger pointing until we get the facts, I remember during the dioxin crisis some guys that I know were thrown to the wolves even though it wasnt their fault.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,381 ✭✭✭MfMan

Oddly enough, I'd be surprised if it had a huge impact on price. The rest of Europe would just shrug it's shoulders at this issue and even judging by comments on RTE radio news this morning, the general public don't seem to be hugely concerned about it - the media appear to be the only ones driving the story.

Im thinking yes and no, got paid for todays cattle anyway, Considering the customer wants cheap food will they really give a flying F. the story is slipping on media coverage. Only last Sunday at the dinner table we were talking about kebabs, and I said that I was given the figure before that there could be 5000 different animals dna's in one burger

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭manjou

At the end of the day what ordinary customer thinks wont matter.It will be what the multiples think that matter and if they decide that irish beef is ok then we will be fine but if they think that it is not then we are f*****.They may decide to discount heavily but keep their margins and then you know what will happen factory prices.Just have to wait and see but not panic yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 931 ✭✭✭Manoffeeling

Im thinking yes and no, got paid for todays cattle anyway, Considering the customer wants cheap food will they really give a flying F. the story is slipping on media coverage. Only last Sunday at the dinner table we were talking about kebabs, and I said that I was given the figure before that there could be 5000 different animals dna's in one burger

I only eat kebabs when I am plastered.

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭The Nutty M

lads does any body know what they are giving for over age bulls i have one about 650kg and have about 2-3 weeks feeding left hope to get him up to 700kg

4.15 for R2+ last week in Ballyhaunis.That's not overage price though so it may not be any use to you sorry.

4.15 for R2+ last week in Ballyhaunis.That's not overage price though so it may not be any use to you sorry.

rang them 2day they said ''1 euro per pound'' not great :rolleyes:
    i dont know about ye but i dont think its great when you get less for a 3 and half year old bull then an 9-10 year old cow :mad:

• Advertisement

rang them 2day they said ''1 euro per pound'' not great :rolleyes:
    i dont know about ye but i dont think its great when you get less for a 3 and half year old bull then an 9-10 year old cow :mad:

sell him live, he would come into f all at that price

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement