Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Jastine Valdez found dead. No Ana discussion please. Mod warning post 1

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭wellwhynot

kingofclay wrote: »
    I can't for the life of me fathom what had him around Cherrywood. Why stay in the vicinity of South Dublin and in an area that isn't exactly hidden. Cars would have been going there since it's the last stop on the LUAS.
    Is there a possibility he was waiting for a potential vulnerable victim?

Maybe he was working up there. There is construction going on at the moment there. Perpetrators tend to stay around areas they are familiar with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭JimPa

It wasn't clinical. Poorly planned or unplanned. In broad daylight in the family car. An eyewitness to the abduction and a possible witness to a distressed woman in a moving vehicle.

The abduction was 9 minutes from his home. He was found and shot 12 minutes from his home. In an open car park. Armed with just a knife.

I'd be very surprised if he was a serial abductor.

First time and a personal reason for it.

He knew her and her him.

Motive love or pride.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭kingofclay

Maybe he had keys to a space in the industrial estate

Who knows but it's really bizarre. Abduction happens maybe 15 minutes drive from his home in his wife's car in broad daylight effectively late afternoon this time of year. Saturday was a decent day, Enniskerry tends to be busy whenever there's any sort of decent weather. It's so strange.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,616 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

I don't think it's that sort of industrial estate. The tennants there are super high tech like Dell, Genomics Medicine Ireland, Evros.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

JimPa wrote: »
    It wasn't clinical. Poorly planned or unplanned. In broad daylight in the family car. An eyewitness to the abduction and a possible witness to a distressed woman in a moving vehicle.

The abduction was 9 minutes from his home. He was found and shot 12 minutes from his home. In an open car park. Armed with just a knife.

He knew her and her him.

Motive love or pride.

100%

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭AnneFrank

He knew her and her him.

Motive love or pride.

I don't want to speculate but it certainly doesn't look like a planned attack or a serial abducter I totally agree but who knows people do snap aswell

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭d'Oracle

oneilla wrote: »
    I think it's kinda implied. Guards said they were looking for a particular vehicle in relation to the woman's disappearance and then that vehicle with the reg plate is found and this man is shot. If he was unrelated then you'd imagine that info would have been released

I dunno, they usually say, maybe its just a matter of waiting for the official statement from them, but they don't tend to imply things by omission.

They tend to be a little more direct. They say things like "known to the Gardaí" or "the man was being sought in connection with their inquiries" or some such.

Never nothing like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

Motive love or pride.

Morbid, unwanted, infatuation.

Using the word 'love' is just..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

He knew her and her him.

Motive love or pride.

If they knew each other , she was hardly bundled into his car ?

• Advertisement

I can see that. Pulls up alongside her and demands she gets in. She refuses and because she sort of knows him is reluctant to scream, he gets out and forces her in the car.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭d'Oracle

I can't for the life of me fathom what had him around Cherrywood. Why stay in the vicinity of South Dublin and in an area that isn't exactly hidden. Cars would have been going there since it's the last stop on the LUAS.
    Is there a possibility he was waiting for a potential vulnerable victim?

It's very quiet around there at the weekends.
    Kind of in the middle of nowhere.
    People don't really park in there too much for the LUAS, They tend to go to the park and rides.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,873 ✭✭✭Redo91

He knew her and her him.

Motive love or pride.

So much for no speculation...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭thebull85

But they could have had history and were not on good terms, its all speculation but JimPas post sounds to me like it could be close to the truth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭Conservatory

I’d say it’s likely he went out the night before like the wife said and went on a bender and sobered up getting shot by a Garda.
    None of us have any idea but suggesting the girl was having an affair with a married man is a bit distasteful I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,600 ✭✭✭Damien360

errlloyd wrote: »

I don't think it's that sort of industrial estate. The tennants there are super high tech like Dell, Genomics Medicine Ireland, Evros.

There is an underground car park under the building pictured by RTE. I use it to visit customers. Construction on going in same area.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,656 ✭✭✭✭ted1

The mirror have named him.

Just had an oh fuc.k moment.

Friends husband is the same age , 2 kids, same name and lives in the same area.

Had to call her to see if it was him. It wasn't , but his phone is working overtime as a result of the the name being released

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭amadangomor

I’d say it’s likely he went out the night before like the wife said and went on a bender and sobered up getting shot by a Garda.
    None of us have any idea but suggesting the girl was having an affair with a married man is a bit distasteful I think.

Eh?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

mynamejeff wrote: »
    is that the one that the gardai eventually killed a mentally unstable man who harbored a long term grudge against the gardai for trying to take his gun away from him armed with a shot gun after he fired a large number of shots at them, having wounded him in the legs and arms before resorting to a fatal shot.

the one where they were criticized international for not shooting to kill much earlier

you haven't a clue mate and you shouldn't bother expressing an opinion about something you know nothing about

As this thread shows, everyone can have an opinion:)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,264 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Has there been a time and location given for when the 'woman in a distressed state' was seen in the car?

ted1 wrote: »

Had to call her to see if it was him. It wasn't , but his phone is working overtime as a result of the the name being released

That's so messed up. Imagine having to take them calls or put up a Facebook or Instagram status saying you're alive.

By sounds of it, lingering around Cherrywood indicates that he might have been having an 'Oh fuuuck, what have I done' crisis. We need to get a time and location on where there was sightings of Jastine in distress. I fear the worst but pray she is alive. Being abducted is one of my great fears, in fact I only dreamed I was abducted cycling en route to Enniskerry last week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭CZ 453

That's not an easy call to make. I can imagine the relief.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

I'm not on twitter but often use it to follow stories up to date etc.
    But there are some nuts accounts to put it politely.

"Irelands Underworld" @Dublingangland... wtf?

They name him after the Mirror printed his name, and they tweet it followed by R.I.P.

Naturally someone calls them out on that and says "R.I.P? He kidnapped a woman!"

To which they reply "He’s was still a human being.If you have any information on him kidnapping someone can let us know.Thanks"

Ehmm... yes. If anyone has any information on him kidnapping, @Dublingangland will be the first point of contact.. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭AnneFrank

What if she was lying !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭Tippex

I have not seen any other post other than this suggesting what you have posted.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭thebull85

Suckit wrote: »
    I'm not on twitter but often use it to follow stories up to date etc.
    But there are some nuts accounts to put it politely.

"Irelands Underworld" @Dublingangland... wtf?

They name him after the Mirror pronted his name, and they tweet it followed by R.I.P.

Naturally someone calls them out on that and says "R.I.P? He kidnapped a woman!"

To which they reply "He’s was still a human being.If you have any information on him kidnapping someone can let us know.Thanks"

Ehmm... yes. If anyone has any information on him kidnapping, @Dublingangland will be the first point of contact.. :(

I think most of those accounts are run by the one fruitcake, she was named on here before.
    She was writing letters to Graham Dwyer in prison.

spurious wrote: »
    Has there been a time and location given for when the 'woman in a distressed state' was seen in the car?
    Not that I have seen, here is the "timeline" of events. It is pretty poor, i am guessing that somebody will clean it up

https://www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/crime/timeline-events-man-shot-dead-12569468

Is a search ongoing? I'm surprised I haven't heard a helicopter since 9pm. Where do you even begin to look? Realistically, how was she not in the car? :(

Tippex wrote: »
    I have not seen any other post other than this suggesting what you have posted.

Probably removed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭JimPa

Is a search ongoing? I'm surprised I haven't heard a helicopter since 9pm. Where do you even begin to look?

I think the only looking tonight will be through his personal belongings, phone/computer history and interviewing friends and family. Unless something fairly concrete comes up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,969 ✭✭✭Assetbacked

A Mark Hennessy has been named as the man who was shot dead by Gardai today. It appears he was the suspect in the disappearance of this woman, given the way the news stories have been drafted, linking the two events. No sign of the girl though yet unfortunately

https://www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/crime/timeline-events-man-shot-dead-12569468

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,656 ✭✭✭✭ted1

CZ 453 wrote: »

That's not an easy call to make. I can imagine the relief.
    Absolutely, heart was pounding. Really was one of the hardest calls I’ve ever made.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭Tippex

Absolutely, heart was pounding. Really was one of the hardest calls I’ve ever made.

I cannot imagine making that call.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,969 ✭✭✭Assetbacked

Oh wow, can’t even imagine how terrifying it would be to be him. The fear of being targeted by vigilantes would be so tough and to make it worse, his poor family!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭prinzeugen

Is a search ongoing? I'm surprised I haven't heard a helicopter since 9pm. Where do you even begin to look? Realistically, how was she not in the car? :(

There is no point is using a helicopter after dark unless they think she is still alive.

At a guess, they are probably downloading (Probably already downloaded) the information from the sat nav system in the car, and tracking it back if possible. No need for a helicopter now. I think that was only when they were looking for the car.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 932 ✭✭✭Yillan

prinzeugen wrote: »
    There is no point is using a helicopter after dark unless they think she is still alive.

I don't follow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,499 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Yillan wrote: »
    I don't follow

It can only pick up body heat with thermal imaging. Dead = no body heat.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Mzo1978

It's just so horrific the poor girl could be anywhere

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

Also if a bullet hits an arm it’s not likely to stop and could go anywhere really.

Yes, this is exactly why they don't go for their fingers; like torturers do with pliers....

Sigh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Redo91 wrote: »
    So much for no speculation...

well, i would call it a very realistic possibility as opposed to speculation.

Yillan wrote: »
    I don't follow

The thermal imaging cameras they would use at night can only pick up a heat source if the person is alive.

Using spotlights is time consuming and pointless unless you know where to start looking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 877 ✭✭✭jk23

What the hell is going on this week? Are these sort of things happening every week or are we just not being told about them? 😮

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

The AGS might 'know' already, if his phone has photos/video..

jk23 wrote: »
    What the hell is going on this week? Are these sort of things happening every week or are we just not being told about them? ��

Violence is actually going down, but our fear of it is going up :rolleyes:

This absolute bolloxology is always thrown out just because we don't have world wars anymore.

These two incidents are so unusual for Ireland but I can't help but think this might be a trend we see more of. Still though, the chances of you or someone you know being caught up in such an event is very very very low.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭BENDYBINN

The poor girl could be tied up somewhere......The army should be called in to help with the search at first light. Time is of the essence here.

• Advertisement

BENDYBINN wrote: »
    The poor girl could be tied up somewhere......The army should be called in to help with the search at first light. Time is of the essence here.

I’m sure there is a fella who actually knows the facts of the situation deciding whether the army will be called in or not. We haven’t been given them yet which could be for a number of reasons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,165 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

BENDYBINN wrote: »

I'm sure they are doing everything they can right now. It will be bright by 5.15am.....there's no suggestion the authorities are not making desperate efforts to locate her.

Strazdas wrote: »
    I'm sure they are doing everything they can right now. It will be bright by 5.15am.....there's no suggestion the authorities are not making desperate efforts to locate her.

Indeed. Having hundreds of people scrambling over the local area in the dark is not a good idea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 816 ✭✭✭Gazzmonkey

Oh dear.. hope they find her unharmed.

That carpark won't be in use tomorrow I'd say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,031 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

The car he was driving was a 171 model might have had satnav built in they might be able to trace its journeys over the last 72 hours if it had one.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement