Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky fantasy football 20/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭claw

stephenl15 wrote: »
    I'm interested to see how the overhaul pans out having not used it before. It seems very powerful in that you can just load your players full of players for each match day?

Try and plan your captains for the few gameweeks following the overhaul. Hopefully we will have more of a television schedule available by then.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

claw wrote: »
    Try and plan your captains for the few gameweeks following the overhaul. Hopefully we will have more of a television schedule available by then.

Yeah no I just noticed match week 5 is completely blank :o I thought you could just load up on each match day, and then afterwards, set up your team for a few gameweeks

stephenl15 wrote: »
    Yeah no I just noticed match week 5 is completely blank :o I thought you could just load up on each match day, and then afterwards, set up your team for a few gameweeks

They have gameweeks for international breaks and FA Cup rounds, but there are no league matches generally so no matchdays. I guess this season there could be league matches on blank gameweeks because of coronavirus.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

37k(4) and 7k(6) with my two teams. Brackets denotes transfers used. Looking forward to just getting to overhaul now. Probably use 1 more transfer on my 1st team as i don't have great options for Sunday - thinking of Ings or Auba - maybe Ings as a little bit of a differential as i could do with gaining ground and you'd fancy him vs WBA. How are we all gettin' on?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Definitely higher than that. Think it is a lot harder to finish 10k in FPL now. You need a lot more things going your way in FPL. Look at how this season has started for example. If you are disciplined in the Sky game you can do very well in it.

I'd say top 300 would roughly be what you should be equivalent to 10k in FPL. There's more skill in this game so it's easier to do well if you stick with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Donegal1234

manual_man wrote: »
    37k(4) and 7k(6) with my two teams. Brackets denotes transfers used. Looking forward to just getting to overhaul now. Probably use 1 more transfer on my 1st team as i don't have great options for Sunday - thinking of Ings or Auba - maybe Ings as a little bit of a differential as i could do with gaining ground and you'd fancy him vs WBA. How are we all gettin' on?

You would need to slow down on the tranfers used. 6 used already is crazy.

You would need to slow down on the tranfers used. 6 used already is crazy.
    More than I intended to use. Though in fairness I've had a few injuries on both teams. Hopefully I can set things up in overhaul so I can avoid any transfers for the first few weeks after.

3.1k(4) and 14.7k(4) after the weekend. No plans to do anything now before the overhaul with only two captains to decide. Very happy with that start.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Porthallian

47k(3) and 1158(3).
    My Son to Mitro punt yesterday in Team #2 didn't work out as planned. Not using any more transfers now until the overhaul. Still totally winging it and learning as I go.

The things I am enjoying most in comparison to FPL are no price rises/falls, the daily captain pick and trying to be thrifty with transfers.

Also the lack of chips, which I hate and lead to overthinking and pure luck. Not everyone may agree, but to me this game seems more skill based, while FPL is veering more and more towards luck with each passing season.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,560 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

Content with start
    #1: 2.3k 2 transfers, no injuries,2(c)
    #2:5k,2 transfers, no injuries, 2(c)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,555 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

11k and 1.3k with 4 transfers used in both. The 1.3k team has a few guys I considered as differentials in fpl but didn't trust them enough to start with - Zaha, Trossard, Klich. So I threw them in my 2nd sky team...working out fairly well so far!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

Approx 9k for both teams with 1 transfer used. Debating whether or not to get Salah in for this GW. Only have van Dyke so far for Liverpool cover

thunderdog wrote: »
    Approx 9k for both teams with 1 transfer used. Debating whether or not to get Salah in for this GW. Only have van Dyke so far for Liverpool cover

Good going. Don’t transfer salah in for one game you will need it come March/April.

What normally happens from my experience of playing the Sky game is that people at the top of the rankings are chasing the monthly prize, so that is why you see so many transfers used already. It will settle down now a bit.

thunderdog wrote: »

Any transfers you use depends on what shape your team is in this week. If you have 2 good captains and 11 players playing leave it. You have made a good start but you can be too cautious also. Last season was an anomaly in that we had matches every day after the lockdown towards the end of the season, so having the transfers mattered. It probably won't happen again.

What normally happens from my experience of playing the Sky game is that people at the top of the rankings are chasing the monthly prize, so that is why you see so many transfers used already. It will settle down now a bit.
    Yeah you get a certain amount of that. But there's also been a fair amount of injuries, so depending how your teams were affected that will have contributed

• Registered Users Posts: 22,555 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Have Mané in one of my teams. Not sure it's worth a transfer out just for one game though.

Have Mané in one of my teams. Not sure it's worth a transfer out just for one game though.

Keep your transfers, not worth for 1 game.

Didn't transfer Mane out as I had him in one of my teams. Didn't want to go over my limit for transfers before overhaul.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭Happy4all

Bit of a blank day yesterday.

Is the cup up and running?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭Happy4all

Bit of a blank day yesterday.

Is the cup up and running?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Have Grealish in one sky team and Salah captain in the other. A nice reprieve from my FPL team disaster

50k(5) and 10k(6) definitely not the best and absolutely not the worst. Now the fun starts with overhaul

• Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Dearg81

50k(5) and 10k(6) definitely not the best and absolutely not the worst. Now the fun starts with overhaul

32k and 69k, pretty bad but the overhaul team is more important now than that team for the first 4 weeks.

6k(4) and 37k(4). Had Salah captain in the better team. Dropped down 3k but still a good start.

Are the fixtures on the FPL site set in stone for the Sunday and Monday matches?
    It's at least a start to plan the overhaul team if they are.

Are the fixtures on the FPL site set in stone for the Sunday and Monday matches?
    It's at least a start to plan the overhaul team if they are.
    Yeah just for a few weeks though. We're getting shorter notice this season due to Covid obviously

Overhauled a couple of teams there

Martinez
    Robertson Lamptey Dallas
    KDB Bruno Antonio Pulisic
    Salah Jimenez DCL

Patricio
    Robertson Lamptey Keane
    KDB Antonio Jorginho Trossard
    Salah Kane Son

Had been set on double 'Pool defense but after that embarrassment yesterday and Alisson out injured, I think I'm happy to just go with 1

• Advertisement

Dearg81 wrote: »
    32k and 69k, pretty bad but the overhaul team is more important now than that team for the first 4 weeks.
    Not a bad start. As we know things can change very quickly in this game. How many transfers have you used?

Advertisement