Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky fantasy football 20/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭claw

Finally settled on 2 teams I was semi happy with. Have room in my main team to get KDB in next week if he plays after the Villa-Leeds match if I want so happy with that.

Over 300 points 313 and 323 both teams I meant. I suppose that is average or below?

Both your teams scores are fine for the moment. A lot of the people at the top of the leaderboard would have been chasing the monthly prize so would have used a lot of transfers already. They won't be an issue at the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,121 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Left it very late to look at the this and fantasy football. Did the tinkering and transfers at 11 this morning.

Teams at 1.9k and 96k. Two transfers used in each team so far. Like others haven’t much of an idea of scoring system.

DCL captained in first team and Rodruigez in other.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,377 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

I am annoyed that I picked PVA instead of Zaha. Talk was PVA likely to be back and Zaha had a niggle that could keep him out.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,162 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Dearg81 wrote: »
    32k and 69k, pretty bad but the overhaul team is more important now than that team for the first 4 weeks.

Great start for my overhaul teams. Halved my ranks to 16k and 32k with 116 points so far. Barnes is my only questionable pick but I needed him for captain reasons.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭Happy4all

It's a pity you can't see your cup opponents team to track the weeks games

Happy4all wrote: »
    It's a pity you can't see your cup opponents team to track the weeks games

You can if they share their team. Most people don't though so obviously they can't let you see it.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Dearg81 wrote: »
    Great start for my overhaul teams. Halved my ranks to 16k and 32k with 116 points so far. Barnes is my only questionable pick but I needed him for captain reasons.
    That's good going. Are your 2 teams similar?
    I halved my rank in my 1st team with 113 pts to 25k and dropped about 4k to 14k with 88 pts in my 2nd team. 2 to play tonight in each team.

manual_man wrote: »
    That's good going. Are your 2 teams similar?
    I halved my rank in my 1st team with 113 pts to 25k and dropped about 4k to 14k with 88 pts in my 2nd team. 2 to play tonight in each team.

Yea I found it too hard to remember who was in my teams before the overhaul so I purposely only have a few different players on each. It's Reguillon, Marcal and Barnes vs Dallas, Semedo and Grealish.

My main players are Martinez, Robertson, Fernandes, Rodriguez, Antonio, DCL, Salah and Kane.

Dropped to 9k in main team and 34k in other team. A few players tonight playing though. Very happy with both teams overall.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,830 ✭✭✭shineon23

Apologies for the Noob question incoming.

Mid-gameweek transfer q.

I'm assuming i can only transfer out a player during a gameweek before they have played.

I.e. I could move out a leeds player for a wolves player before tonight.

And i cant sell VVD for say a Leeds player before the next gameweek.

Or is either of those scenarios possible?

shineon23 wrote: »
    Apologies for the Noob question incoming.

Mid-gameweek transfer q.

I'm assuming i can only transfer out a player during a gameweek before they have played.

I.e. I could move out a leeds player for a wolves player before tonight.

And i cant sell VVD for say a Leeds player before the next gameweek.

Or is either of those scenarios possible?

You can put in a player playing tonight for Van Dijk or anyone else if you want. It will count as long as you make it before the deadline this evening for the 1st match. It doesn't matter if they had played over the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Porthallian

Antonio is a doubt for the weekend and next 2 fixtures are City & Liverpool (not that fixtures seem to matter this PL season).

Just wondering is it worth burning a transfer today to bring in Neto/Klich/Pereira or wait until the weekend?

Suppose 1 extra game isn't going to gain enough points to justify it. Transfers are probably more valuable.

I have 37 remaining.

Antonio is a doubt for the weekend and next 2 fixtures are City & Liverpool (not that fixtures seem to matter this PL season).

Just wondering is it worth burning a transfer today to bring in Neto/Klich/Pereira or wait until the weekend?

Suppose 1 extra game isn't going to gain enough points to justify it. Transfers are probably more valuable.

I have 37 remaining.

You should try to hang on to the transfers if possible. The best way of looking at it is how many games you want to get out of your new player as opposed to the player you are taking out. And obviously their scoring potential. West Ham have some nice fixtures coming up after the next two and as you say, anything is possible this season! You are doing well so you might be better leaving it!

claw wrote: »
    You should try to hang on to the transfers if possible. The best way of looking at it is how many games you want to get out of your new player as opposed to the player you are taking out. And obviously their scoring potential. West Ham have some nice fixtures coming up after the next two and as you say, anything is possible this season! You are doing well so you might be better leaving it!

Cheers for the feedback! Yeah it's hard to get the Sky game hat on when I've played regular FPL for so long and I'm a trigger-happy style player with transfers.

Those 3 players could easily blank today anyway, so best to just wait and see. I'll keep an eye on injury updates but Antonio has had previous hamstring issues.

Cheers for the feedback! Yeah it's hard to get the Sky game hat on when I've played regular FPL for so long and I'm a trigger-happy style player with transfers.

Those 3 players could easily blank today anyway, so best to just wait and see. I'll keep an eye on injury updates but Antonio has had previous hamstring issues.

The key is to have patience. Antonio could play and score in those matches. He did well for me in the Sky game towards the end of last season. Hanging onto the transfers is huge in this game. The most important thing is to have a potential captain on each gameday. Save the transfers for a long term injury or when you really need them for tactical reasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Alanm2020

Had a great weekend hopefully more of the same tonight have a Wolves player in my team and captained him. Had 7 scorers in one of my teams was well happy with that

• Registered Users Posts: 22,624 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Have to get rid of VVD, Robertson is the obvious move but hard to know if clean sheets will be in short supply. Keane is interesting, looks like he could grab a few more goals over the rest of the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,457 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Jiminez as my captain tonight, brings me up to 87 points for this week after a terrible start.

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Donegal1234

146 points for me this week no tranfers used.
    Title defence back on track.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,567 ✭✭✭patmac

121 this week, back up to second in the Boards League and 1780 overall with 38 transfers left. Enjoying this.

132 for the week. Happy with that.
    #435 overall, but 3 transfers used.

Definitely enjoying the game more than FPL.

Looking forward to next week, I'm liking the captaincy spread over the 4 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Donegal1234

Most people who try sky like yourself always say its more fun. I think it’s way better then fpl.

Good grief man. That's a whopper score. 132 pts and 107 pts here, 21k and 12k o.r.

Happy enough.

That's a really excellent start. Most in the top 1k will have used a good few more transfers than you have

28 points brings my main team up to 5.4k. 2nd team up to 24k. 4 transfers used.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,121 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

97 points 77k and 108 points 2k. Two transfers used in each team.

Anyone else caught with VVD? Third transfer forced upon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

Nice one, wish I could see and track your team! Ha

• Registered Users Posts: 9,698 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Pretty good weekend myself.

My 2nd team (the better performing one) dropped from 3k to 30k though.

Is it possible not to have a captain even when you have a player playing on that day.

For example.... I had Kane playing Sunday and he only picked up single/no captain points so I thought I must have left the captaincy on someone else (in error) but none of them scored double points either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭Dublinandy3

Pretty good weekend myself.

My 2nd team (the better performing one) dropped from 3k to 30k though.

Is it possible not to have a captain even when you have a player playing on that day.

For example.... I had Kane playing Sunday and he only picked up single/no captain points so I thought I must have left the captaincy on someone else (in error) but none of them scored double points either.

You still have to select your captains, if you don't it won't be automatic to your playing player for the day.

Advertisement