Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky fantasy football 20/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,111 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Hackers wrote: »
    Am currently 2nd in boards league so trying to keep the momentum going !

4th here before today’s games.

Egan in first game :(

KDB captained though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Hackers

Yes 1st season, enjoying it! Playing FPL for 15 years and you could add nearly another 15 years of other versions prior to that. Heard about your win on here so had a look and decided to give it a go for the craic! Will probably be way down the league in a few weeks, beginners luck so far !

Goodstuff yea try not go over 3 and you should be good. This your first season playing sky ?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Rankings updated. I'm 22k 1st team and 12k 2nd team. 1 transfer used and 4 transfers used. HEWT. Probably leave my 2nd team as is, 1st team i'm thinking of doing Egan and Havertz to Podence and Jimenez after Saturday's games.

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Donegal1234

Yes 1st season, enjoying it! Playing FPL for 15 years and you could add nearly another 15 years of other versions prior to that. Heard about your win on here so had a look and decided to give it a go for the craic! Will probably be way down the league in a few weeks, beginners luck so far !

I think the sky format is what better compared to fpl. The prizes aswell are a added incentive.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

I feel like quitting after mistakingly transferring Son out last week. Like how is that for punishment. Although completely my own fault

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Porthallian

One of my teams is #726 overall. Still only 2nd on the Boards league

That would be me top, 149 overall. KDB(c) and Jesus tonight. Captained Sterling in my 2nd team, things just went my way this week. Had Son as captain yesterday too.
    One of my teams is #726 overall. Still only 2nd on the Boards league

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭claw

4.4k and 24.4k after this week. 2nd team had a terrible first week but moved up a bit cos I had Kane. 3 transfers and 1 transfer used so far. Had no plans to make any more until the overhaul but Egan intervened yesterday :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

and 148K

If I wrap my head around this by next year convinced magic can happen

I have 3 transfers used but have Johnstone, Lascelles, Walker-Pieters, Ward-Prowse and Saint-Maximin that I am not overjoyed about :-)

I will just have to grin and bear things next week with all of them and sort it out in the Overhaul, I will definitely be taking a dive in rank next week.

Transfers are precious now going forward, no more double barrel surnames for me!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,561 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

2 teams in top 10 boards league
    2 transfers in both
    2.8 and 5.4
    HEWT

• Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Dearg81

That would be me top, 149 overall. KDB(c) and Jesus tonight. Captained Sterling in my 2nd team, things just went my way this week. Had Son as captain yesterday too.

You dont even need to hack the game with luck like that!

I'm doing better than I thought, up to 13k but I used 2 transfers. I thought I was doing crap but KDB must have pushed me way up the rankings. Looking forard to the overhaul now in 2 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,690 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

35k team 1, good start, poor 2nd week
    64k team 2. Poor start, good 2nd week

1 transfer used on both teams.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

Anyone know how to check the total number of teams in the sky game (iOS app)?

thunderdog wrote: »
    Anyone know how to check the total number of teams in the sky game (iOS app)?

I don’t think so, I know last season their was 500.000+ teams.

You could create a new team add players who are injuries/won’t start so you will get 0 points and see where you are in leaderboard.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

I don’t think so, I know last season their was 500.000+ teams.

You could create a new team add players who are injuries/won’t start so you will get 0 points and see where you are in leaderboard.

Strange that they don’t include total number of teams, similar to fpl. I know a lot of players like to aim for top x% of teams overall

Thoughts on a Egan(susp) and Henderson(inj) to Mitchell and Jimenez double transfer? Really feel like I need Jimenez - prob for gw4 captain too. Not sure I'd expect much from Mitchell but at 5.2 he's that cheap enabler. Have a gander at my team below and tell me if anything better jumps out

McCarthy
    TAA VVD Egan Justin
    KdB Henderson Hojberg Havertz
    Werner Son

manual_man wrote: »
    Thoughts on a Egan(susp) and Henderson(inj) to Mitchell and Jimenez double transfer? Really feel like I need Jimenez - prob for gw4 captain too. Not sure I'd expect much from Mitchell but at 5.2 he's that cheap enabler. Have a gander at my team below and tell me if anything better jumps out

McCarthy
    TAA VVD Egan Justin
    KdB Henderson Hojberg Havertz
    Werner Son

How many transfers have you made? I have the same problem with Egan but would have to do more to get to Jimenez. Would you consider Podence for Henderson?

Don’t forget folks to opt into the knockout cup. Go to side menu and click knockout cup and opt in.

Deadline to opt in is tonight.

• Advertisement

Don’t forget folks to opt into the knockout cup. Go to side menu and click knockout cup and opt in.

Deadline to opt in is tonight.

Is there any reason we have to opt in to this now. I thought in the past we were automatically in it!

claw wrote: »
    How many transfers have you made? I have the same problem with Egan but would have to do more to get to Jimenez. Would you consider Podence for Henderson?
    Just the one transfer made in that team. I'm open to making 2/3 more. Reece James at 7.8 is another one interesting me. Podence, Foden, Pulisic(if fit), Salah/Mané (though TBH I'd probably be happy enough to captain a Liverpool defender Vs Arsenal)...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Porthallian

Few tough captaincy decisions this GW.
    Hamez vs Ings and KdB vs Son

claw wrote: »
    Is there any reason we have to opt in to this now. I thought in the past we were automatically in it!

It always was automatic, but for some weird reason it’s not now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,561 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

Is Thiago to start for Liverpool, Egans suspension is making my transfer finger itchy, I could just play with 10 and keep it, 2 done already

Is Thiago to start for Liverpool, Egans suspension is making my transfer finger itchy, I could just play with 10 and keep it, 2 done already

Henderson is out on Monday so pretty sure he will start.

Have Jesus and ASM, 3 transfers used so far. The transfer button is appealing to me but with the overhaul available next week, I’m thinking 2 transfers could be worth a lot more to me come next April!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,690 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Hackers wrote:
    Have Jesus and ASM, 3 transfers used so far. The transfer button is appealing to me but with the overhaul available next week, I’m thinking 2 transfers could be worth a lot more to me come next April!

Overhaul isn't until after next week's games I think. Which means you have two games to get through before wildcarding .

Thanks for that, I completely misread the rules!
    Overhaul isn't until after next week's games I think. Which means you have two games to get through before wildcarding .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Trossard has hit the post 3 times this season already! He'll be staying in my team after the overhaul.

Advertisement