Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky fantasy football 20/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,830 ✭✭✭shineon23

claw wrote: »
    You can put in a player playing tonight for Van Dijk or anyone else if you want. It will count as long as you make it before the deadline this evening for the 1st match. It doesn't matter if they had played over the weekend.

Thanking you, will know that one for again.
    You still have to select your captains, if you don't it won't be automatic to your playing player for the day.

Another noob question now,
    I have been selecting my captains for each day at the beginning of the weekends, eg. I set captain on friday for saturday, sunday and monday games this gameweek.

Should i be going back and re-selecting them for each day?
    :pac:

If that's the case I might throw the towel in now for the season, :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭claw

shineon23 wrote: »
    Thanking you, will know that one for again.

Another noob question now,
    I have been selecting my captains for each day at the beginning of the weekends, eg. I set captain on friday for saturday, sunday and monday games this gameweek.

Should i be going back and re-selecting them for each day?
    :pac:

If that's the case I might throw the towel in now for the season, :pac:

No, once you select your captains for the coming gameweek you can leave it if you want. You can change your captain for a given day up to the deadline for the 1st match of the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Pretty good weekend myself.

My 2nd team (the better performing one) dropped from 3k to 30k though.

Is it possible not to have a captain even when you have a player playing on that day.

For example.... I had Kane playing Sunday and he only picked up single/no captain points so I thought I must have left the captaincy on someone else (in error) but none of them scored double points either.

You just have to be careful in checking your captains. A couple of times i've clicked on Edit Captains and it shows none selected for a particular day when i'm sure i had selected one for that day already. So it's no harm to keep an eye on this in advance of each new captaincy day during a gameweek.

Standard for the Boards Sky League seems really high BTW. A lot of new players got off to a very promising start.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

manual_man wrote: »
    Standard for the Boards Sky League seems really high BTW. A lot of new players got off to a very promising start.

I'm not one of them. I'm shyte

My second team is doing better than my first with 39 transfers left.

77K 2nd team
    102k 1st team 4 transfers used.

• Advertisement

I'm not one of them. I'm shyte

My second team is doing better than my first with 39 transfers left.

77K 2nd team
    102k 1st team 4 transfers used.
    Very early days. Persistence really pays off in this game. A number of teams burn a lot of transfers early also.

Average Transfers Remaining:

Top 10 - 19.9
    Top 100 - 24.7
    Top 1000 - 28.4
    Too 5000 - 31.8

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Donegal1234

James Rodriguez ruled out for Sunday. So frustrating 🙈

• Registered Users Posts: 3,162 ✭✭✭Dearg81

James Rodriguez ruled out for Sunday. So frustrating ��

That is annoying, if I recall correctly he does have a blotted injury record though so probably wont be his last injury this season.

edit - Yea it's not great https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/james-rodriguez/verletzungen/spieler/88103

Dearg81 wrote: »
    That is annoying, if I recall correctly he does have a blotted injury record though so probably wont be his last injury this season.

edit - Yea it's not great https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/james-rodriguez/verletzungen/spieler/88103

Jesus never knew he was that injury prone.

• Advertisement

Jesus never knew he was that injury prone.

Ah apart from having a dodgy back, calves, hips, ankles and prone to colds he's doing ok.

Dearg81 wrote: »
    Ah apart from having a dodgy back, calves, hips, ankles and prone to colds he's doing ok.

Have him in my Fantasy Premier League team but neither Sky team. You wonder why he finished the match considering Ancelotti is blaming Van Dijk for the injury.

Average Transfers Remaining:

Top 10 - 19.9
    Top 100 - 24.7
    Top 1000 - 28.4
    Too 5000 - 31.8

That's a serious amount of transfers for the top 100 to have made already.

That's a serious amount of transfers for the top 100 to have made already.
    Yep alot just go mental initially, chasing the monthly prizes or whatever

• Registered Users Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Porthallian

Have Hamez and Antonio, both doubts. Might have to begrudgingly make a transfer or I could be fielding 9 players. Not overly enthusiastic about the sub 9.1m replacements anyway.

Have him in my Fantasy Premier League team but neither Sky team. You wonder why he finished the match considering Ancelotti is blaming Van Dijk for the injury.

Sometimes you can play on and the inflammation only happens after a match, it could be ankle ligaments tweaked. I used to have a lot of them injuries myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

What’s everyone’s plan with Rodriguez? Sounds like he will hopefully just miss 1 game so I might just keep for the weekend and accept the blank

thunderdog wrote: »
    What’s everyone’s plan with Rodriguez? Sounds like he will hopefully just miss 1 game so I might just keep for the weekend and accept the blank

Yea I'm keeping.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,698 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Looks like he might play some part yet. He trained today.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭Dublinandy3

Looks like he might play some part yet. He trained today.

It would be a waste of a transfer so early in the season, 2 possibly if you want him back.

IMO best just to keep unless confirmed he'll miss multiple games

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,380 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

thunderdog wrote: »

I kept him transfers more valuable than points this early in the game.

I also kept Darlow hoping he starts.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Hackers

2.3k and 11.3k in overall rank going into this week, 34 and 36 transfers left. Happy with that when you see average transfers left for the top 5,000 is 31.

4th in boards league, great to see there are others here well inside the top 2,000!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,624 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

I did VVD to Gabriel. Hits the passing bonus every game and hopefully will add clean sheets to that as their fixtures improve.

I did VVD to Gabriel. Hits the passing bonus every game and hopefully will add clean sheets to that as their fixtures improve.

I would have done vvd to Dias. But Gabriel deos save money.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,624 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

I didn't realise Saiss wouldn't get his clean sheet points in Sky because they conceded after he came off. That's a bit shiit.

I didn't realise Saiss wouldn't get his clean sheet points in Sky because they conceded after he came off. That's a bit shiit.

Yes it’s is a **** rule. Caught me out a few times over the years.

Rankings updated. A rise from 50k(5) to 10k(5) and a fall from 10k(6) to 17k(6) since overhaul for me. Not bad.. No extra transfers used. Just a pity for me my 1st and 2nd team weren't the other way round post overhaul!

6.2k and 26.8k with still 4 transfers made for both. Fixtures are kind of out for up to the end of November. They will move some of the 3 o'clock Saturday ones but happy enough with the schedule in terms of captains if the other matches stay at the times they have them at now.

Big decision soon will be how many City players to go for. I'm thinking 2 MINIMUM. But you'll have to factor in Pep roulette as well as potentially losing some captaincy days with players from other teams...

• Advertisement

Big decision soon will be how many City players to go for. I'm thinking 2 MINIMUM. But you'll have to factor in Pep roulette as well as potentially losing some captaincy days with players from other teams...

Burnley and Fulham matches. KDB was playing too deep when I had in my FPL team a few matches ago. Will keep an eye on them.

Advertisement