Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Social media influencers bragging ?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Cria

Lindy97 wrote: »
    SoSue does it all the time and it honestly cracks me up. Google the bloody brand and there is bound to be a video or something online where the name is mentioned so you know.
    She pronounced Nuit (French for night, as in night cream) as NEWW-IT and it killed me. Like I get she might not speak French but she is a beauty blogger and used to be a beautician, and a lot of the major skincare brands (Clarins, Lancome etc) are French so she should have known this. God knows they go to enough events/get enough PR post from these companies to have learned how the products are pronounced.

Its lack of effort and research in all honesty a lack of respect for the brand itself and shows them up. Imagine working in the industry for real and walking into Harpers Bizarre or Vogue and saying look at this NEEWW-IT cream we should feature. You'd be laughed out of the place.

Like I don't expect people to know how to pronounce brands but if your job is in beauty and fashion at the very least learn to pronounce it ,, all that bragging about price is crass the majority of people that follow sosue and rosie are kids they have an opportunity to be a role model and relatable to their followers ,,

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭wendydoll

Lindy97 wrote: »
    I agree, no need to say how much it was, if people want to find out they can but posting receipts....no class

No class at all, its as if they are trying to prove it's not a replica.

As they say, If you have to ask the price, you can't afford it :rolleyes: Kinda the same thing showing the receipt. If you really could afford it, you'd just buy it and say look what I bought myself.

Cria wrote: »
    Yea I found her when she publicly commented on the article Rosie was featured in about her and her partner having a great relationship with her stepson the mother commented on the post that the article was incorrect that they have no relationship with him for months he is a gorgeous child
    Her snap handle is stephaniemcmakeup she is a lovely girl

Would like to follow that girl but that handle isn't working? Is spelling all exactly like you posted? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Would like to follow that girl but that handle isn't working? Is spelling all exactly like you posted? Thanks.

Try studio1makeup

Try studio 1 makeup

• Advertisement

Try studio 1 makeup

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭Madam Oblong

Eh? Isn't Stephanie best friends with Rosie? At least she was until recently, seems unlikely if she were also her child's stepmother

• Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭Ray37

Think you are maybe confusing her with someone else

Eh? Isn't Stephanie best friends with Rosie? At least she was until recently, seems unlikely if she were also her child's stepmother

No they're not friends Stephanie is Rosie's partners ex girlfriend and mother of his son

She looks very like Rosie. He has a type.

• Advertisement

anna080 wrote: »
    She looks very like Rosie. He has a type.

Me and my friends said the exact same thing he definitely has a type they are so alike

• Registered Users Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Gosh I remember that girl on the Truzees snapchat takeover a few months ago, her story was just heartbreaking, she had been through so much. I couldn't believe it when I found out after that her ex partner was Rosie's fianc

• Registered Users Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭fussyonion

I've always been a fan of Rosie's but I have to admit her Snaps about her moving house did irritate the hell out of me.

She's not one to put up a long story but she sat in her car and went on and on AND ON AND ON about this house; it's her dream house and did you know it has security? (cos she's as famous as the Beckhams or something) and she was going to vlog it all and she's delighted "we're all joining her on this journey". Yada yada.

Firstly, I do not begrudge someone happiness at all. I am happy she's happy BUT it did scream of bragging, especially when she kept repeating the fact it had security and that it was her dream home and she was lucky to be in a position to be able to rent it.

Look, people rent all the time. It really isn't a big issue; certainly doesn't warrant a lengthy Snapchat story like that.
    I thought she'd bought a house the enthusiasm she was giving it.
    I bet she spends a fortune on interiors now.

And I bet it'll be all grey, black, white and silver, just like every other blogger out there.
    I am really tiring of this grey theme in homes, are you?

fussyonion wrote: »
    And I bet it'll be all grey, black, white and silver, just like every other blogger out there.
    I am really tiring of this grey theme in homes, are you?
    If you want a break from the IKEA white flat packs and the rose gold and marble everything - you should follow Dainty Dress Diaries - she's all shabby chic theme - it wouldn't suit my own house but she just does it so well and it really suits her style, personality etc. I only started following her after Lovely Girlie Bits gave her a shout out and she seems like such a sweetheart.

I'm finding Pippa's snaps very boring actually. Not much talking to the camera and just snap after snap of the views, the jet ski, the villa... it's all very beautiful but I'd say you have to be there to appreciate it. It's just not interesting to me. Give me a mundane day at home where she's doing normal stuff over that any day.

And no lifejackets on the kids on the boat....

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Morini

I just stumbled across this thread, and I have no idea whats going on. What is a "Social Media Influencer"?

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭AAAAAAAAA

Morini wrote: »
    I just stumbled across this thread, and I have no idea whats going on. What is a "Social Media Influencer"?

tosspots who post on instagram and snapchat about how great they are except they're actually completely valueless as humans

to each their own, I'm sure, but the popularity of things like this makes you realise most people's own is absolute sh!te

anna080 wrote: »
    I'm finding Pippa's snaps very boring actually. Not much talking to the camera and just snap after snap of the views, the jet ski, the villa... it's all very beautiful but I'd say you have to be there to appreciate it. It's just not interesting to me. Give me a mundane day at home where she's doing normal stuff over that any day.
    Id rather just the few pics and vids like that, rather than long chats to the camera. She's on holiday with her family, she should enjoy and make the most of it. Place looks stunning, would love to visit that part of Europe.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭fussyonion

I really like Pippa, she's very down to Earth, real and so polite and friendly in real life but I don't like holiday snaps from anyone. It's something only the person on holiday can appreciate.
    I love when she does beauty hauls.

Re: Rosie, she's giving away 8 boxes of makeup products via FB/Instagram which is decent of her...how many times does FBG give away some of her freebies?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭sashafierce

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Siobhnk

MUF was claiming she was front row at a show at London fashion week last night. She put up a snap of someone saying they spotted her in Rochelle Humes Snapchat- in the picture she clearly wasn't front row?? She was straining to get a photo in it. I don't get the lie. And then going on about her bloody bag getting rain on it, no time for it.

How many times did she mention her bag cost 1500? How crass to do that, are we meant to be jealous?? Lots of people can afford that, especially if they sell their gifted clothes on Depop ;-) Seriously though, anyone talking about how much an item cost again and again is just so icky. Such juvenile showing off.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Sufitzy

Siobhnk wrote: »
    MUF was claiming she was front row at a show at London fashion week last night. She put up a snap of someone saying they spotted her in Rochelle Humes Snapchat- in the picture she clearly wasn't front row?? She was straining to get a photo in it. I don't get the lie. And then going on about her bloody bag getting rain on it, no time for it.

The snaps about the bag made me hit the unfollow button, I'm partial to a designer bag myself but endless snaps about the delivery, the style and functionality of it were too much. Plus them out on display on a shelf, seriously 😒

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

Ray37 wrote: »
    How many times did she mention her bag cost 1500? How crass to do that, are we meant to be jealous?? Lots of people can afford that, especially if they sell their gifted clothes on Depop ;-) Seriously though, anyone talking about how much an item cost again and again is just so icky. Such juvenile showing off.

And she asking her following, consisting mainly of teenagers, if the same has happened to them and what did they do to fix the bag if so? :pac:

What kind of bag was it?

Ray37 wrote: »

Couldn't agree more, so crass and OTT.

You bought a gorgeous bag, carry it with pride and love it but don't go overboard, less is more !!

I'd love to know how many times '1500' was said. It seemed like every second snap. And 'Net A Porter' too, she must think her followers are imbeciles that need to be reminded every 2 mins.

In contrast, So Sue is clearly rolling in it, but doesnt come across as desperate to show off. I've actually somewhat warmed to her lately, in that she is clearly very generous towards her family. Now, I wouldnt consider myself a fan, but she isn't constantly telling her followers how much she spends on x and y, she seems to actually enjoy life rather than brag about it.

wendydoll wrote: »
    What kind of bag was it?

Not sure of the style but the designer was YSL

• Advertisement

@Wendydoll, you must not follow her as it was said about 3722662372 times, a YSL velvet Lulu in navy, costing 1500, from Net A Porter :-) I feel like it's a mantra stuck in my head now!

Advertisement