Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Transgender women stoned in Germany

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,191 ✭✭✭Eugene Norman

WTF is going on here?

Are a bunch of knuckle dragging sister loving rednecks from the Trump camp doing an online international tour of duty or something?

FFS.

That's a generalised ad hominem. Not very constructive. My own politics is far left economically as a quick search will show but then I see support of mass immigration as a right wing ideology. It is after all encouraged by the economist and the WSJ. And other pro capitalist rags.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,939 ✭✭✭20Cent

This article has it all.
    Anti Muslim, racism and a jab at "the left" / liberals.

Word to the wise, when a story contains all your prejudices it's probably propaganda.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 368 ✭✭xband

kupus wrote: »
    its not weird at all, its a natural reacation to turn to safe shelter no matter where or what it is.
    Its the flight or fight response that evolution has ingrained in every human in the world.

And if you are lgbt dont be afraid to go to the right, not everybody there is a knuckle dragging apes that liberal media tends to portray them as.

The issue is that a few years that party was very openly homophobic and most likely a still harbours a lot of that.

They're absolutely not a logical choice for gay people. They're just being populist and playing to "fear of the other" as usual.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭thattequilagirl

In most Islamic countries homosexuality is illegal and in many punishable by death. Your entire argument is spurious whataboutary.

Of 50+ Muslim majority countries there are 5 where homosexuality is punishable by death. That's five too many, but your claim that in many it is punishable by death is untrue.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 182 ✭✭bruno1x

The non-tabloid media was unwilling to run the story while facts were scarce and speculation was rife.

But, But , But it can't be true, we have been so nice to these immigrants, we welcome them into our country, and give them access to benefits. It must be those beastly right wingers making up lies.
    - a typical bleeding heart, white guilt suffering, self loathing liberal.

bruno1x wrote: »
    But, But , But it can't be true, we have been so nice to these immigrants, we welcome them into our country, and give them access to benefits. It must be those beastly right wingers making up lies.
    - a typical bleeding heart, white guilt suffering, self loathing liberal.

Can anyone explain how I can block this user's posts from my iPhone?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 182 ✭✭bruno1x

Can anyone explain how I can block this user's posts from my iPhone?

Boom! Head shot.
    When you don't like the truth, censor it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Irishmale0399

20Cent wrote: »
    Someone posted the police report in German earlier in the thread. Anyone able to read it?

I have just read it..... here is a very quick overview....

Attach took place on the 10 Jan. at approx 2:50am...
    2 men (50 & 37 years old, living as women) were followed and attacked by 3 (16,17,18 years old) young men who spoke and insulted them in Arabic. One of the attached men answered in Arabic at which point the young lads attached them....picking up stones from a garden, throwing them at them. It also came to a physical fight where the attacked acuse the young men of pulling their hair and feeling or pulling at their breasts........
    18 year old is known to the police, has been remanded in custody and appeared infront of a judge, 17 year old is also known to police was taken into custody but has since been released. The 16 year old was charged and returned to his parents.

Furthermore a approx. 1 hour later a young woman (25 years old) was sexually harrassed whilst leaving/walking close to the main train station by a group of men of North African descend. She ignored them, walked along and was followed by a smaller man approx. 30 years old....he asked her is she would accept money for sex...and is quoted as saying...."..he is new to Germany and would assume that German woman are there for sex."
    The young ladies blouse was damaged as this man forced his hands under it as well as into her trousers. Luckily the young lady could make a safe get away and contact the police. They are currently (at the time of the article being published) searching for the accused and are looking for help from members of the public.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

So, if a Muslim upbringing is the reason for this crime, what is to blame for white-on-white LGBT attacks?

I'm delighted we passed the referendum, but people have short memories. Homosexual acts were illegal in Ireland until the early 90s. LGBT kids (and adults) all over the world and across pretty much all cultures have been and are today the victims of bullying and discrimination up to and including violence. It's sad that this is the case, but trying to portray it as a Muslim problem is disingenuous- it's a human problem.

Ah yes the whataboutery so cherished by the pro migrants
    I don't know why I bothered but was listening to that old crow finucane on radio 1.
    Her and her stacked panel were still pedalling the Syrian refugee line and even having a go Canada for proposing no single males between 18 & 28.

I am not allowed discuss …

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Of course they should. All crimes of this nature should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

Here's the thing: Muslims make up about 1/6th of the population of the world - are we going to start a new thread every time one of them commits a crime.

I guarantee you somewhere in the world right now an Irish guy is being tried for assault or rape. Should we all be tarred with that brush?

No, but who is tarnishing Muslims with same brush?

• Advertisement

Bear in mind that an element of the Christian extreme right also tends to be incredibly homophobic.

Take a look at Uganda's recent attempts to attack gay people with some of the most draconian laws you could imagine, including life in prison and the death penalty. Thankfully their constitutional court blocked it but only on a narrow technicality.

(Uganda is 85%+ Christian)

There's a foaming-at-the-mouth extreme homophobia in both of those religions. It just more likely to come to the fore in the Middle East due to religious law being used as civil law in some countries.

It's not that long ago that Europe was extremely homophobic and also parts of Eastern Europe and Russia still are. Ok, not remotely as extreme as state sanctioned death penalties but still pretty nasty.

I'm not saying that to excuse the behaviour, I'm just saying it's more of a feature of extremely twisted thinking whatever the ideological excuses used and it needs to be stamped out.

I won't accept a religious excuse for attempting to ignore very hard faught for rights that - women's rights, LGBT rights, children's rights, rights to freedom of conscience etc etc

It's not "left wing" to ignore those issues because they clash with a narrow-minded, narrowly interpreted, dogmatic religious view of the world that inflicts harm on others.

There's a lot of jumping to a position where we can't criticise religious extremist for fear of offending.

I'm getting a bit fed up with people labelling left wing social liberals as somehow responsible for this.

The issue is more to do with extreme political correctness, actually a feature of the both right and left.

Try critiquing the Christian Right at a Republican Party convention or any Conservative party event and you'll see how open minded to discussion the political right are !

You need the ability to discuss issues without having any sacred cow topics. That is actually what liberalism should be focused on.

And before Ireland gets on its high horse:

Blasphemy Law - introduced in 2009 !!??!!

The only reason they printed this was it was an attack carried out by Muslims. You see anything else on that paper about regular attacks in Germany that don't involve Muslims ? Their sole agenda is that Islam is bad, Muslims are bad. Muslim refugees = ISIS. That's the only message that article has. It's not in any way shape or form anything to do with being tolerant or respectful of other people or anti violence.

While it shouldn't be brushed under the carpet from a European perspective we also need to looking at it from a European perspective not get outraged over biased ****e like that paper printing anything to do with violence from Muslims and then throwing "ISIS" into the equation to try stir up an anti Muslim sentiment.

Or maybe

They're was no other attacks in city that night?

You now suggest that they make up a story saying a Christian raped somebody just to have bit of balance which is BS

We all know that they're plenty of rapists in Western Europe already, it's had impact in my distant family, so I I'm not saying it's just a Muslim thing.

Thing is when rapist is caught here they're far different rules then when other nationalities do it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

kupus wrote: »
    its not weird at all, its a natural reacation to turn to safe shelter no matter where or what it is.
    Its the flight or fight response that evolution has ingrained in every human in the world.

And if you are lgbt dont be afraid to go to the right, not everybody there is a knuckle dragging apes that liberal media tends to portray them as.

The far right is actually going to become more centrist what with level of non far right supporters it is beginning to gather.
    Meanwhile the left is disappearing up it's own hole.

I am not allowed discuss …

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 69 ✭✭PC Lackey

Its all fun and games til youre wearing a bin liner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

But,But,But I'm a special little snowflake, i have done all the SJW workshops in my area, everyone in these groups agrees I'm correct.
    The public at large don't know what they are taking about, we need a Europe without borders then we can take in all those who want to come here from around the world, it will be fantastic.
    - average liberal
    For someone purporting to be a stalwart for the LGBT community against the evil Muslim horde, you have a rather unusual bedside manner.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

But,But,But I'm a special little snowflake, i have done all the SJW workshops in my area, everyone in these groups agrees I'm correct.
    The public at large don't know what they are taking about, we need a Europe without borders then we can take in all those who want to come here from around the world, it will be fantastic.
    - average liberal

You seem to have quite a lot of rage for people that only exist in your imagination.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭Thelomen Toblackai

Or maybe

They're was no other attacks in city that night?

You now suggest that they make up a story saying a Christian raped somebody just to have bit of balance which is BS

We all know that they're plenty of rapists in Western Europe already, it's had impact in my distant family, so I I'm not saying it's just a Muslim thing.

Thing is when rapist is caught here they're far different rules then when other nationalities do it.

It was a simple question, are there any other articles about assaults in Germany that don't feature Muslims on that paper? The answer is no. Because they are not interested in attacks in Germany or transgender people. They are interested in Muslim attacks in Germany on anyone.

I'm amazed at how far you're willing to go to try claim the Jerusalem Post posted that story of Muslims attacking transgender people in Germany because they are concerned for the safety of transgender people or the general safety of Germans.

There is a conversation to be had about how Muslim immigrants are integrating into western society and how Islam as a religion contrasts with the rights people in western society have clawed back from Christianity in recent times. But the Jerusalem Posts "Muslims are bad, Muslim migrants are ISIS they're raping and stoning everyone they get their hands on" isn't part of any intelligent discussion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭Azalea

Last year I noticed a lot of the same people who are against immigration of all refugees, including the ones sleeping in a ditch or on a road with their families they were that desperate, were also opposed to same-sex marriage and dismissed transgender people as freaks.

#justsayin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭dd972

Have they legalised Cannabis there then...

Joke being nine pages too late

• Advertisement

You've a *big* problem brewing though if you start to go down the road of European xenophobic right vs immigrant communities.

It needs to be dialled down and problems dealt with by police.

The problem now is that every incident, regardless of what the cause is, will add flames to the fire.

It's not a liberal agenda but, I think elements of the extreme right in Europe are every bit as dangerous as Islamic extremists.

That Norwegian psychopath springs to mind.

Europe has a problem with neonazism and similar mentalities and they are always there just below the surface.

The politicians need to calm this down and prevent it blowing out of proportion.

That might mean heavier policing and seen to be enforcing law around human rights - sends a good message both directions!

The worst possible thing you can do is attempt to sweep issues under the carpet and just let it slide or on the orher side overreact and cause "collective punishment" fears in immigrant communities.

This needs sensible handling not a bunch of political opportunists and populists like Le Pen or Trump stirring the pot!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 333 ✭✭BigJackC

Refugees aim to flee a particular country, not pass through half a dozen safe countries to get to a particular country. What were they fleeing from in Turkey, Italy, Greece, Macedonia, Serbia, Hungary, Croatia, Slovenia, Austria? They are economic migrants as their decision to travel through so many safe countries was one based on economics. Not seeking refuge.

#justsaying

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

No hurt feelings, no need for Mods, I'd just prefer if his posts didn't appear in my feed. Is that possible?

Click on the users name and there is an option to add them to your Ignore list.

BigJackC wrote: »
    Refugees aim to flee a particular country, not pass through half a dozen safe countries to get to a particular country. What were they fleeing from in Turkey, Italy, Greece, Macedonia, Serbia, Hungary, Croatia, Slovenia, Austria? They are economic migrants as their decision to travel through so many safe countries was one based on economics. Not seeking refuge.

#justsaying

Not according to the UNHCR: http://www.unhcr.org/pages/49c3646c125.html

It was a simple question, are there any other articles about assaults in Germany that don't feature Muslims on that paper? The answer is no. Because they are not interested in attacks in Germany or transgender people. They are interested in Muslim attacks in Germany on anyone.

I'm amazed at how far you're willing to go to try claim the Jerusalem Post posted that story of Muslims attacking transgender people in Germany because they are concerned for the safety of transgender people or the general safety of Germans.

There is a conversation to be had about how Muslim immigrants are integrating into western society and how Islam as a religion contrasts with the rights people in western society have clawed back from Christianity in recent times. But the Jerusalem Posts "Muslims are bad, Muslim migrants are ISIS they're raping and stoning everyone they get their hands on" isn't part of any intelligent discussion.

The simple answer is yes

Of 50+ Muslim majority countries there are 5 where homosexuality is punishable by death. That's five too many, but your claim that in many it is punishable by death is untrue.

And illegal in most of the rest, life imprisonment in some. I'm counting about ten countries where homosexuality is punishable by death. Except for Uganda it seems a Muslim thing (in some cases the law applies to Muslims only - if sharia law runs parallel).

Compare that with gay marriage. It's legit enough to point out that Islam as it now is practiced is incompatible with liberality.

The Jerusalem post is a propoganda paper for sure but unless you are arguing this is a total fabrication it's a legit topic.

• Advertisement

That's just nice text. It doesn't present the legality of the status of refugees.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 333 ✭✭BigJackC

Not according to the UNHCR:
    Refugees and migrants, even if they often travel in the same way, are fundamentally different, and for that reason are treated very differently under modern international law.

Migrants, especially economic migrants, choose to move in order to improve the future prospects of themselves and their families. Refugees have to move if they are to save their lives or preserve their freedom. 

Not really. Please explain to me why these "refugees" had to "flee" through so many safe countries under duress or fear for their life.

Simple fact is the following, should anyone enter a country and fail to accept the law of that country, commit crimes, fail to intergrate or accpet the culture of that country then they should be deported back to the place they have come from. Doesnt matter if you are catholic, hindi..or Muslim.

Living in Germany and having a German wife who teaches 30 kids (28 of which are refugees) every day at primary school level in a socailly deprived area I have heard and seen enough. From parents who have no cash for food/shoes for their kids, but have an Iphone, Ipad...top of the range watch......cars etc.. If you ask them why they have no cash for education/food/clothing they laugh at you and tell you Merkel will pay. They also stand in line on a Friday afternoon taking free food from social groups which others could need with the attitude....its more money to send home.

They are crossing half of Europe to get here, funnily very few are going to Saudi etc. where religion and culture would be closer to what they know, in the belief that cash benifits, houses and cars are waiting for them. The bigger problem is however that most of those arriving are not from countries at war or in conflict. They are mostly economic/criminal refugees, with little or no education, no desire to work......willing to commit crimes to send money home from the wonderful Germany.

Of course this does not apply to all...but to the large percentage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭Saipanne

Guys, stoning transgender people is part of their rich culture and history.

We must respect that.

Mod: Banned

Nobody should accept a homophobic / transphobic hate crime regardless of who commits it.

In Germany, that shouldn't be up for discussion at all.

• Advertisement

Simple fact is the following, should anyone enter a country and fail to accept the law of that country, commit crimes, fail to intergrate or accpet the culture of that country then they should be deported back to the place they have come from. Doesnt matter if you are catholic, hindi..or Muslim.

Living in Germany and having a German wife who teaches 30 kids (28 of which are refugees) every day at primary school level in a socailly deprived area I have heard and seen enough. From parents who have no cash for food/shoes for their kids, but have an Iphone, Ipad...top of the range watch......cars etc.. If you ask them why they have no cash for education/food/clothing they laugh at you and tell you Merkel will pay. They also stand in line on a Friday afternoon taking free food from social groups which others could need with the attitude....its more money to send home.

They are crossing half of Europe to get here, funnily very few are going to Saudi etc. where religion and culture would be closer to what they know, in the belief that cash benifits, houses and cars are waiting for them. The bigger problem is however that most of those arriving are not from countries at war or in conflict. They are mostly economic/criminal refugees, with little or no education, no desire to work......willing to commit crimes to send money home from the wonderful Germany.

Of course this does not apply to all...but to the large percentage.

It's amazing how stereotypes stay the same though the target changes.

Saipanne wrote: »
    Guys, stoning transgender people is part of their rich culture and history.

We must respect that.

And what happens to those who sexually harrass women, rape, steal or commit crimes???

Is that also part of their culture that we should respect.

How would they react if the Germans started stoning, beheading, whipping, cutting of fingers hands in public for crimes carried out by Muslims to treat them like they want to live??
    What do they get for drug dealing in Saudi???

Nodin wrote: »
    It's amazing how stereotypes stay the same though the target changes.

Even funnier is that from the 40-45 men arrested in connection with the sexual harrassment and intimidation of young western ladies in Cologne on New Years Eve are over 70% young men with refugee status, living off the German state handouts. 100% of those arrested admitted to being Muslims....

And what happens to those who sexually harrass women, rape, steal or commit crimes???

Is that also part of their culture that we should respect.

How would they react if the Germans started stoning, beheading, whipping, cutting of fingers hands in public for crimes carried out by Muslims to treat them like they want to live??
    What do they get for drug dealing in Saudi???

We simply must accept their culture. It is the European way.

Even funnier is that from the 40-45 men arrested in connection with the sexual harrassment and intimidation of young western ladies in Cologne on New Years Eve are over 70% young men with refugee status, living off the German state handouts. 100% of those arrested admitted to being Muslims....

They did, did they? That's their goose cooked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭Thelomen Toblackai

The simple answer is yes

Care to share some of these articles ?

Something tells me your claim the Jerusalem Post isn't concerned about Muslims in that article but rather concerned about the welfare of the every day German homosexuals and transgender people enough to post news of every day attacks is non too factual.

But you seem to have have articles from the Jerusalem Post on just that very subject. So please do share.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭TheQuietFella

Canadel wrote: »
    That kind of behaviour belongs in the stone age.

The stoning or men thinking that they're women?

Nodin wrote: »
    They did, did they? That's their goose cooked.

Doubt it very much, judge let 2 of them walk already......

Cops are coming out now admitting they have orders from above not to arrest them, keep the statistics down and keep the media away from it. If its not in the papers its not a problem.
    Another perfect example of Merkels modern day politics...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭MarkAnthony

What's scary imo, is that people like you actually think we should just brush this under the carpet.

Surely Gays, women should be able to walk or do what they like

Sensationalist my arse

What's scary to me (I relaise this is starting to go in circles) is you and 22catch, 511, aligator_am, Armchair Andy, BigJackC, bluewolf, Cessna_Pilot, citrus burst, Corpus Twisty, Crimsonforce, Dick phelan, edgecutter, fedor.2., HalloweenJack, hmmm, Irish_rat, jmayo, jsa112, kupus, lightspeed, Lone Stone, MRnotlob606, No Opinion, pablomakaveli, Pac1Man, patsfan1286, Penny Tration, rainbow kirby, RDM_83 again, Sierra 117, Simi, speedboatchase, steve_r, sugarman, super_furry, TaosHum, Todd Toddington III, Twiki, VickieVexed1, wendell borton, Wibbs, Wiggles88 and probably other by the time I click post, don't understand the nuance of what BreadnBuddha was actually saying...

These attacks go on every day, perpetrated by all sorts of people. The sensationalist part is the anti-immigration agenda being put forward in many cases.

Now that's not to say there aren't massive issues to deal with, but if we could all engage our brains in relation to potential media manipulation, that'd be great!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Fleawuss

That link is general commentary in refugees and not specific to the point raised. Maybe I got the wrong link?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,564 ✭✭✭weisses

Now that's not to say there aren't massive issues to deal with,

And how would you do that without being labelled a Racist, bigot or xenophobe ?

Doubt it very much, judge let 2 of them walk already......

Cops are coming out now admitting they have orders from above not to arrest them, keep the statistics down and keep the media away from it. If its not in the papers its not a problem.
    Another perfect example of Merkels modern day politics...

And do we have a source for that claim?

Fleawuss wrote: »

That link is general commentary in refugees and not specific to the point raised. Maybe I got the wrong link?

Someone- I don't know if it was you- claimed most of these people were economic migrants because they passed through other countries. I posted that link to show that according to the UNHCR, defining someone's status as a refugee depends on the country they left, not the country they went to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 754 ✭✭✭mynameis905

What's scary to me (I relaise this is starting to go in circles) is you and 22catch, 511, aligator_am, Armchair Andy, BigJackC, bluewolf, Cessna_Pilot, citrus burst, Corpus Twisty, Crimsonforce, Dick phelan, edgecutter, fedor.2., HalloweenJack, hmmm, Irish_rat, jmayo, jsa112, kupus, lightspeed, Lone Stone, MRnotlob606, No Opinion, pablomakaveli, Pac1Man, patsfan1286, Penny Tration, rainbow kirby, RDM_83 again, Sierra 117, Simi, speedboatchase, steve_r, sugarman, super_furry, TaosHum, Todd Toddington III, Twiki, VickieVexed1, wendell borton, Wibbs, Wiggles88 and probably other by the time I click post, don't understand the nuance of what BreadnBuddha was actually saying...

These attacks go on every day, perpetrated by all sorts of people. The sensationalist part is the anti-immigration agenda being put forward in many cases.

Now that's not to say there aren't massive issues to deal with, but if we could all engage our brains in relation to potential media manipulation, that'd be great!

See, I have a better idea. We stop importing people with vastly different and largely incompatible belief systems than our own and stop the 'massive issues' from arising in the first place. Every country has its own share of rapes, murders and bigotry but why add to them by allowing mass immigration from Arab regions where homophobia, bigotry and misogyny are woven into the very fabric of their society and enshrined in the batshít crazy text that is the koran?

weisses wrote: »

By not being a racist, bigot or xenophobe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

media manipulation
    The "right wingers" are in the ha'penny place on that particular front where this crisis is concerned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭MarkAnthony

weisses wrote: »

Carefully.

• Advertisement

There are no possible negative consequences of allowing millions of people into Europe from regions where their culture is significantly different to ours.

Nothing to see here.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement