Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transgender women stoned in Germany

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

They are telling the truth. I see nothing wrong with them saying where they are from.

Well I like see where they branded "all Muslims in bad light"?

I give you a clue. They didn't.

In fairness we are told to be suspicious of mainstream media, especially those with an agenda.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

Whosthis wrote: »
    I never said they were inaccurate

Well, then your cribbing looks all the more hollow doesnt it?.

If a faith is being slandered, then the lies would be easy to prove....
    However stating a fact cannot in a free society be considered pushing an agenda.... they are just what they are... facts.

If reading truths makes you feel uncomfortable, I recommend reading lies instead to make you feel better, no agendas with lies after all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Whosthis

Well, then your cribbing looks all the more hollow doesnt it?.

If a faith is being slandered, then the lies would be easy to prove....
    However stating a fact cannot in a free society be considered pushing an agenda!

If reading truths makes you feel uncomfortable, I recommend reading lies instead to make you feel better.

I notice you've edited my post to fit your own agenda. I have no problem reading truths, if you check back over my posts in this thread I've never once claimed there was inaccuracies. What I did question was their relevance to what happened in Dortmund.

Also, do you really believe that a Jewish Israeli newspaper is not pushing an anti-muslim agenda?

I notice you've edited my post to fit your own agenda.

Sorry friend... I haven't... every quote of yours is what it is... no words added whatsoever.

Your case for the defence is falling apart.
    What I did question was their relevance to what happened in Dortmund.
    Take it up with them then....
    However to me (and to others) framing this slice of homophobia & violence in the prism of Islam's considerable hostility towards homosexuality or LGBT matters in general seems reasonable.

As I said, once it's the truth.... its the truth.
    Adults can make up their own minds as to whether Islam has an issue with gay people.... it appears it does.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Whosthis

Sorry friend... I haven't... every quote of yours is what it is... no words added whatsoever.

Your case for the defence is falling apart.

I'm done :Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

• Advertisement

I'm done

Of course you are!

B*tching about agenda's in an article that states no falsehoods was a flimsy excuse for a defence in the first place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 803 ✭✭✭jungleman

Anything in the article that does not directly relate to this incident is superfluous and is only included to push an agenda. It's nothing but Muslim bashing.

It could be argued that the second half of the article simply provides context to explain the reasons for the attack.

If it isn't, so what if it is "Muslim bashing"? Islam is perfectly open to criticism, just like any other ideology. And rightly so if it is bashed, when a recurring result of the ideology is to treat women and gays like they're sub-human.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭polan

Three young men from North Africa

Why am I not surprised.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,066 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

K-9 wrote: »
    In fairness we are told to be suspicious of mainstream media, especially those with an agenda.

And then they're those trying protect Women, Gays from more attacks, and making people aware of lack of respect, certain elements will have.

Of all countries Jews are trying protect I doubt it be Germany for a reason or 6 million, sadly.

So fair play to this paper

• Registered Users Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭conorhal

kupus wrote: »
    I am wondering will the liberal agenda change after this attack?

The liberal agenda pushers have shown themselves to be more then willing to throw their sisters under the bus to avoid handing 'the real enemy' a moral victory. Their attempts to silence any negative coverage of the migrant crisis is a zero sum game.

I see that already some are killing the messenger and wailing about people posting articles from right wing sites while failing to realise that is the inevitable consequence of the conspiracy of silence from RTE and the Times, who have shown themselves to be every bit as much propagandist in their approach as these right wing sites that they are complaining about.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Fleawuss

It's not news.

So the news that should be published is the news that you approve of? A deeply frightening example of the Dr Goebbels approach.
    Facts and truth are what people need to reach conclusions not the Goebbels disciples of left and right.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 182 ✭✭bruno1x

You couldn't make it up, the bleeding hearts of the left are leading the campaign to bring more of these immigrants into Europe, these same new arrivals 100% despise every single thing that the left hold dear.
    Is it comedy or tragedy the world view of the bleeding hearts?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭BreadnBuddha

Fleawuss wrote: »
    So the news that should be published is the news that you approve of? A deeply frightening example of the Dr Goebbels approach.
    Facts and truth are what people need to reach conclusions not the Goebbels disciples of left and right.

A select micro-quote, as taking it in context doesn't give you much ground for agument.

I did nazi that coming. Pfft.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭thattequilagirl

What's scary imo, is that people like you actually think we should just brush this under the carpet.

Surely Gays, women should be able to walk or do what they like

Of course they should. All crimes of this nature should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

Here's the thing: Muslims make up about 1/6th of the population of the world - are we going to start a new thread every time one of them commits a crime.

I guarantee you somewhere in the world right now an Irish guy is being tried for assault or rape. Should we all be tarred with that brush?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭MRnotlob606

The liberal agenda? You're watching too much Fox News. Or reading too much of Pamela Gellar and cohorts BS.

How about taking things with a pinch of salt.

Two trans women were the victims of an assault. Attackers apprehended by police. Job done, for now.

Now, question the way that 'news' was delivered and just how much bias was attached in the article. Tabloidesque horse crap was the side dish. Hardly surprising when you consider the geopolitical interests at play in Israeli media machinery.

What surprises me is that Irish people are so easily led. It's more than just naivety. It's stupidity at work, accepting the crap that's being put in front of you by such an anti-muslim, pro-israeli agency.

Or maybe you're read too much of "The Guardian" Which is just as biased and hellbent on omitting crucial facts to suit their own agenda. How is this Anti-Muslim ? It's highlighting abuses towards homosexuals throughout the world.Love how people try to ignore Muslim abuses against minorities and anybody who speaks out against them is labeled "Anti Islamic" or "Racist"

Also, It's funny how I have found threads in which you seem to bash Christianity, but haven't found anything criticising Islam. Yet you're here defending Islam.The moral hypocrisy of some liberals is quite facetious and worrying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

for a second i thought the thread title was transgender woman stolen in germany.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭LeBash

Sensationalist propaganda, from a heavily biased source.

LGBT people suffer physical attacks carried out with brutal disregard for the victims all the time, none of which are likely to have any 'reportage' in this type of 'news' outlet.

What's scary is that people in Ireland and other western countries seem so willing to latch onto these media channels now, completely ignorant to the fact that they're drinking from a poisoned chalice.

Sure LGBT get attacked, as do straight men and women, black and white. They are all equally horrible crimes. D1ckheads don't need much of a reason to attack people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Fleawuss

Of course they should. All crimes of this nature should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

Here's the thing: Muslims make up about 1/6th of the population of the world - are we going to start a new thread every time one of them commits a crime.

I guarantee you somewhere in the world right now an Irish guy is being tried for assault or rape. Should we all be tarred with that brush?

It's up to an individual with enough posts to start a thread, it's up to others to decide if they want to contribute, it's up to the mods to decide if it stays open. I'll tell you why I think this thread is important : it points to a real and emerging problem with mass Muslim migration. It points to a desire to censor, suppress or dismiss events like this by certain politically inspired points of view just as it points to a desire to use it for political point scoring by others.

So to your comparison of tarring with the same brush. The Muslim religion has a completely different view of women and gays to Ireland and most of Western Europe. That needs to be faced. Look at the incident itself: they pick up pebbles / gravel / stones : just as their religion commands them to do for adulterers, just as they do on haj when they throw them at the" devil". People are conditioned by their upbringing and sadly religion has been a big conditioner of these young men.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Transgendered vs Refugees II: The SJW Dilemma.

Coming to a theatre near you January 18.

Rated PG-13.

Transgendered vs Refugees II: The SJW Dilemma.

Coming to a theatre near you January 18.

Rated PG-13.

We love one group but we also love the ones who are committing the crimes :D

• Advertisement

It's up to an individual with enough posts to start a thread, it's up to others to decide if they want to contribute, it's up to the mods to decide if it stays open. I'll tell you why I think this thread is important : it points to a real and emerging problem with mass Muslim migration. It points to a desire to censor, suppress or dismiss events like this by certain politically inspired points of view just as it points to a desire to use it for political point scoring by others.

So to your comparison of tarring with the same brush. The Muslim religion has a completely different view of women and gays to Ireland and most of Western Europe. That needs to be faced. Look at the incident itself: they pick up pebbles / gravel / stones : just as their religion commands them to do for adulterers, just as they do on haj when they throw them at the" devil". People are conditioned by their upbringing and sadly religion has been a big conditioner of these young men.

So, if a Muslim upbringing is the reason for this crime, what is to blame for white-on-white LGBT attacks?

I'm delighted we passed the referendum, but people have short memories. Homosexual acts were illegal in Ireland until the early 90s. LGBT kids (and adults) all over the world and across pretty much all cultures have been and are today the victims of bullying and discrimination up to and including violence. It's sad that this is the case, but trying to portray it as a Muslim problem is disingenuous- it's a human problem.

So, if a Muslim upbringing is the reason for this crime, what is to blame for white-on-white LGBT attacks?

Are there no white muslims?

bruno1x wrote: »
    Are there no white muslims?

In this instance we're discussing refugees of Arab origin. You know exactly what I mean so cop on.

In this instance we're discussing refugees of Arab origin. You know exactly what I mean so cop on.

Then why bring up white-on-white LGBT attacks?

bruno1x wrote: »
    Then why bring up white-on-white LGBT attacks?

Read the post in full. I can't make it any clearer for you. Work on your comprehension skills.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭kupus

how can you create dialogue with people like these.

1 min in and there telling gays to go home.

I'm delighted we passed the referendum, but people have short memories. Homosexual acts were illegal in Ireland until the early 90s. LGBT kids (and adults) all over the world and across pretty much all cultures have been and are today the victims of bullying and discrimination up to and including violence. It's sad that this is the case, but trying to portray it as a Muslim problem is disingenuous- it's a human problem.

Nobody is trying to tar all Muslims with the one Brush. What we are criticising is their beliefs and how they are manifested in social and cultural norms throughout the world. We have a duty to expose the injustices in Muslim countries that persecuted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 RadiationKing

I don't believe for a second that the right-wingers whooping and hollering about all this would care if any members of the LGBT community were assaulted or killed by their own. After all, they're just as like to hate us as the people they bang on about but this is a convenient angle to take a shot at immigrants with.

How many threads on transgender people on AH devolve into the usual ****-flinging? And now you're all out in support. What a load of BS.
    We love one group but we also love the ones who are committing the crimes :D

As opposed to right-wingers who hate both! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭BreadnBuddha

Many people who lean to the right, politically and socially, seem to find it easy to ignore the treatment of LGBT and women in Ireland not even 50 years ago in Catholic Ireland. All of a sudden, we're good enough to point the finger at Muslims and suggest that we're 'better' at being decent human beings.

It's all a load of crap. People do horrible things to each other and they don't need religion to provide a catalyst.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭22catch

Most white people, or non muslims, don't believe that all gay/lgbt people are an abomination who should be killed. There's a huge difference, but the liberals are just too stupid to see or loathe to concede the point, that Islam is a barbaric, oppressive, repressive medieval 'religion' that has no tolerance for anyone who isn't a hardcore muslim. If it wasn't such a serious situation your liberal attitude to muslims would be comical. How many migrants have you taken into your home? None right? Yet you want the western world to take in millions of people who despise our ways.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement