Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transgender women stoned in Germany

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭thattequilagirl

Nobody is trying to tar all Muslims with the one Brush. What we are criticising is their beliefs and how they are manifested in social and cultural norms throughout the world. We have a duty to expose the injustices in Muslim countries that persecuted.

I think your post is balanced and correct, however it's clear that there are some posters here who are trying to tar them all with one brush as part of an anti-Islam agenda.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

But but but...it was Muslims who done it so it must be bad...

I wonder how many homophobic attacks happened in Europe recently. Why aren't they all given their own thread?

And the anti-Muslim reregs on this site are the first to rant about the "liberal agenda".

22catch wrote: »
    Most white people, or non muslims, don't believe that all gay/lgbt people are an abomination who should be killed. There's a huge difference, but the liberals are just too stupid to see or loathe to concede the point, that Islam is a barbaric, oppressive, repressive medieval 'religion' that has no tolerance for anyone who isn't a hardcore muslim. If it wasn't such a serious situation your liberal attitude to muslims would be comical.

Most Muslims don't think that way. In fact, even trying to classify how 'Muslims' feel about something is almost impossible when the culture in Morroco is so different to that of Jordan, which is worlds away from how Omanis think, which is totally different to how Indonesian culture works.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 69 ✭✭PC Lackey

Transgendered vs Refugees II: The SJW Dilemma.

Coming to a theatre near you January 18.

Rated PG-13.

Soundtrack.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭BreadnBuddha

Or maybe you're read too much of "The Guardian" Which is just as biased and hellbent on omitting crucial facts to suit their own agenda. How is this Anti-Muslim ? It's highlighting abuses towards homosexuals throughout the world.Love how people try to ignore Muslim abuses against minorities and anybody who speaks out against them is labeled "Anti Islamic" or "Racist"

Also, It's funny how I have found threads in which you seem to bash Christianity, but haven't found anything criticising Islam. Yet you're here defending Islam.The moral hypocrisy of some liberals is quite facetious and worrying.

I'm not defending Islam nor am I a liberal. Wrong on both counts. I'm an atheist with conservative values.

You need to wake up and realise that the minorities are the ones making the most noise and causing the greatest problems. Scumbags are scumbags, no matter what book of fables they read.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,191 ✭✭✭Eugene Norman

So, if a Muslim upbringing is the reason for this crime, what is to blame for white-on-white LGBT attacks?

Themselves. Not the culture.
    I'm delighted we passed the referendum, but people have short memories. Homosexual acts were illegal in Ireland until the early 90s. LGBT kids (and adults) all over the world and across pretty much all cultures have been and are today the victims of bullying and discrimination up to and including violence. It's sad that this is the case, but trying to portray it as a Muslim problem is disingenuous- it's a human problem.

It's clearly more of a Muslim problem these days though. I mean we have gay marriage in some countries, notably the west and death for homosexuals in others. Mostly Islamic.

Any real concern about the status of LGBT rights would lead to "islamophobia" but since that's off the table better to remind people of something that happened in the past in the West.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭22catch

Most Muslims don't think that way. In fact, even trying to classify how 'Muslims' feel about something is almost impossible when the culture in Morroco is so different to that of Jordan, which is worlds away from how Omanis think, which is totally different to how Indonesian culture works.

Bulls hit.

Themselves. Not the culture.

It's clearly more of a Muslim problem these days though. I mean we have gay marriage in some countries, notably the west and death for homosexuals in others. Mostly Islamic.

Any real concern about the status of LGBT rights would lead to "islamophobia" but since that's off the table better to remind people of something that happened in the past in the West.

I'm not talking about the past. Today in Irish schools being gay is a reason to be bullied/beaten up.

Violence by Westerners against the LGBT community is not a thing of the past.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 182 ✭✭bruno1x

Read the post in full. I can't make it any clearer for you. Work on your comprehension skills.

I don't suffer from white guilt, I'm not a self loathing white man either, nor a bleeding heart.
    I have zero problems comprehending what is going on, its your self who is in denial.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

I'm not defending Islam nor am I a liberal. Wrong on both counts. I'm an atheist with conservative values.

You need to wake up and realise that the minorities are the ones making the most noise and causing the greatest problems. Scumbags are scumbags, no matter what book of fables they read.

And a cultural relativist, by the sound of things.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Fleawuss

So, if a Muslim upbringing is the reason for this crime, what is to blame for white-on-white LGBT attacks?

I'm delighted we passed the referendum, but people have short memories. Homosexual acts were illegal in Ireland until the early 90s. LGBT kids (and adults) all over the world and across pretty much all cultures have been and are today the victims of bullying and discrimination up to and including violence. It's sad that this is the case, but trying to portray it as a Muslim problem is disingenuous- it's a human problem.

I don't need any reminder of being regarded as a criminal in my own country for a good part of my life. And there was no point in blaming Islam for that because it hadn't anything to do with it and no one did blame it. But the role of the Christian religion and its roots in Judaeo Christian thought were rightly blamed.

Your claim that this is a human problem is of course true but then every human problem is a human problem so it's a worthless contribution here. For young men of Muslim upbringing brought into a post religious culture like Western Europe with a dearly bought value on equality of gender and sexuality the change is too much for them to absorb or adjust to. You are importing people who have a different view of women and gays and their view, their view, is rooted in their religion.

It doesn't mean they can't practice their religion in their mosque: it means they can't practice the hateful and muderous parts of it on people who choose to live differently to them. Can they accept those limitations? In small numbers, yes. On the current scale of migration?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭MRnotlob606

But Iran is a whole country that is systematically oppressing Muslims, As is Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Yemen, Iraq, etc.I'm just putting my finger on the issue. Intolerance of Homosexuals is more severe in Muslim countries. That is essentially what I have posited and it's substantiated by facts.

Not to say that it doesn't happen in western countries and orchestrated by Western people, but in comparison conditions are considerably better for LGBT people in the West.

And if your main concern is LGBT rights fair enough. I think others posting on this forum have latched on to this story for other reasons though.

bruno1x wrote: »
    I don't suffer from white guilt, I'm not a self loathing white man either, nor a bleeding heart.
    I have zero problems comprehending what is going on, its your self who is in denial.

I have no white guilt. I have an understanding of history and context, and a wealth of life experience that informs my opinions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 RadiationKing

Except nobody here is actually concerned about LGBT rights.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭BreadnBuddha

And a cultural relativist, by the sound of things.

Hardly.

Anything of any value to contribute to the argument?

Nope?

Didn't think so.

Only you sanctimonious liberals are ? Oh please give me a break.

I don't believe for a second that the right-wingers whooping and hollering about all this would care if any members of the LGBT community were assaulted or killed by their own. After all, they're just as like to hate us as the people they bang on about but this is a convenient angle to take a shot at immigrants with.

How many threads on transgender people on AH devolve into the usual ****-flinging? And now you're all out in support. What a load of BS.

As opposed to right-wingers who hate both! :pac:

Or maybe european right wingers are putting aside petty differences to focus on a bigger threat.

Untrue. You should withdraw that.

From the same types who want to "look after our own first" when you could be certain they didn't give a ****e about the homeless before.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43 RadiationKing

Only you sanctimonious liberals are ? Oh please give me a break.

Well I'd happily change my tune if you could point out any of that on this thread, as opposed to people banging on about immigrants and Muslims.

I mean, would I find any interesting results if I was to look back at the referendum threads from last year? I'm sure I'd see the same names, alright. :pac:

Fleawuss wrote: »
    Untrue. You should withdraw that.

I don't think he should. While yourself and one or two others may actually be concerned with the homophobic aspect to this assault your cause will and has been hijacked by the idiots who want to make every thread an anti-immigration soapbox

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭Thelomen Toblackai

And then they're those trying protect Women, Gays from more attacks, and making people aware of lack of respect, certain elements will have.

Of all countries Jews are trying protect I doubt it be Germany for a reason or 6 million, sadly.

So fair play to this paper

The only reason they printed this was it was an attack carried out by Muslims. You see anything else on that paper about regular attacks in Germany that don't involve Muslims ? Their sole agenda is that Islam is bad, Muslims are bad. Muslim refugees = ISIS. That's the only message that article has. It's not in any way shape or form anything to do with being tolerant or respectful of other people or anti violence.

While it shouldn't be brushed under the carpet from a European perspective we also need to looking at it from a European perspective not get outraged over biased ****e like that paper printing anything to do with violence from Muslims and then throwing "ISIS" into the equation to try stir up an anti Muslim sentiment.

Collie D wrote: »
    I don't think he should. While yourself and one or two others may actually be concerned with the homophobic aspect to this assault your cause will and has been hijacked by the idiots who want to make every thread an anti-immigration soapbox

If there are several posters deeply and personally concerned then his assertion is clearly false. If you can see it is false and still defend it....

I don't believe for a second that the right-wingers whooping and hollering about all this would care if any members of the LGBT community were assaulted or killed by their own. After all, they're just as like to hate us as the people they bang on about but this is a convenient angle to take a shot at immigrants with.

How many threads on transgender people on AH devolve into the usual ****-flinging? And now you're all out in support. What a load of BS.

As opposed to right-wingers who hate both! :pac:

Or real liberals to expose the danger Islam presents to the world. Who stand for liberal values , such as freedom of speech and are not constrained by a a politically correct straight jacket of Orwellian newspeak that seeks to label people who who expose Islam for what it is as "Racist" (even though it is a religion).

Fleawuss wrote: »
    If there are several posters deeply and personally concerned then his assertion is clearly false. If you can see it is false and still defend it....

Literally speaking you are correct. Maybe shouldn't have sais "nobody". I still think "in general" the post hit the mark and it's a figure of speech.

Or real liberals to expose the danger Islam presents to the world. Who stand for liberal values , such as freedom of speech and are not constrained by a a politically correct straight jacket of Orwellian newspeak that seeks to label people who who expose Islam for what it is as "Racist" (even though it is a religion).

So, to clarify your position, discrimination against LGBT is bad, but discrimination against Muslims is fine?

Collie D wrote: »
    Literally speaking you are correct. Maybe shouldn't have sais "nobody". I still think "in general" the post hit the mark and it's a figure of speech.

:D

A figure of speech covers me: nobody.

:D

I have no white guilt. I have an understanding of history and context, and a wealth of life experience that informs my opinions.

You did not answer if you where self loathing white bleeding heart,.
    The attitude of the left is "the white man done terrible things to black,brown and yellow people, we must do everything to accommodate them for those past sins".
    Fukk that, i aint don't nothing wrong so i aint going to feel bad about it.

• Advertisement

So, to clarify your position, discrimination against LGBT is bad, but discrimination against Muslims is fine?

Ehm No ? Nice straw man you pulled there ;) I said it is right to criticize Islam and its illiberal nature. I am attacking it as a belief system.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement