Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transgender women stoned in Germany

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭The Sidewards Man

Whats trans do between the sheets is their own story.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭BreadnBuddha

masti123 wrote: »
    Sounds like they thought they were hot and then realised they were transgender. So in order to restore their own sense of sexuality they attacked that part of themselves they saw in these people.

Scary stuff.

http://www.jpost.com/International/North-African-men-attempt-to-stone-transgender-women-in-German-city-441695

Sensationalist propaganda, from a heavily biased source.

LGBT people suffer physical attacks carried out with brutal disregard for the victims all the time, none of which are likely to have any 'reportage' in this type of 'news' outlet.

What's scary is that people in Ireland and other western countries seem so willing to latch onto these media channels now, completely ignorant to the fact that they're drinking from a poisoned chalice.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,176 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Humph. You 5.56mm a few of them to death for being gowls and you're the asshole all of a sudden. Discrimination your sister.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Canadel

That kind of behaviour belongs in the stone age.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,695 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

masti123 wrote: »
    Sounds like they thought they were hot and then realised they were transgender. So in order to restore their own sense of sexuality they attacked that part of themselves they saw in these people.

Scary stuff.

http://www.jpost.com/International/North-African-men-attempt-to-stone-transgender-women-in-German-city-441695

I don't understand this bit OP? They didn't have sex with them, or they did? They attacked themselves?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,066 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Sensationalist propaganda, from a heavily biased source.

LGBT people suffer physical attacks carried out with brutal disregard for the victims all the time, none of which are likely to have any 'reportage' in this type of 'news' outlet.

What's scary is that people in Ireland and other western countries seem so willing to latch onto these media channels now, completely ignorant to the fact that they're drinking from a poisoned chalice.

What's scary imo, is that people like you actually think we should just brush this under the carpet.

Surely Gays, women should be able to walk or do what they like

Sensationalist my arse

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Canadel

A police car appeared at the train station as the stoning attack unfolded and arrested the men.
    Sticks and stones will break transgender bones but not if a police car pulls up and stops it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,162 ✭✭✭MadDog76

I thought this thread was about German sluts with nuts smoking marijuana ......... :confused:

Mod-Banned

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭Azalea

What's scary imo, is that people like you actually think we should just brush this under the carpet.

Sensationalist my arse
    I think they mean there are often attacks on transgender and gay people but they don't get reported because there is no refugees angle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Whosthis

Sensationalist my arse

Having read the article it does sound sensationalist. "Stoned" sounds like an exaggeration, the article says they picked stonee from a gravel bed, sounds more to me like they were "pebbled". Is it unacceptable? Yes. Is it distasteful? Yes. Is it a Jewish newspaper taking any opportunity they can find to bash muslims? Yes.

• Advertisement

Azalea wrote: »
    I think they mean there are often attacks on transgender and gay people but they don't get reported because there is no refugees angle.

Fair enough, but people getting stoned? That's a new one in Western Society this decade tbf

Sensationalist my arse

Brush it under the carpet? Would you ever cop on to yourself? I suggest no such thing.

The report is all about the heinous attack, stoning by north african youths, followed by references to Iran and other muslim states treatment of LGBT people etc.

All reported by an Israeli news outlet.

The whole intent of that article and the OP in posting here in the first place is to have another go at Muslims in general, to spread fear about Islam.

If it was about the plight of the victims, the Jewish press would have focused on attacks on LGBT people generally. The victims merely provided an opportunity to cast all muslims from the region in a bad light.

Get all uppity if you want. You're missing the point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 754 ✭✭✭mynameis905

Three young men from North Africa were arrested on Saturday in the western German city of Dortmund for stoning two transgender women.

The three men are between 16 and 18 years-old and are known to the authorities from theft and assault arrests.

Quelle surprise.

Deport these shítbags and drastically curtail immigration without any further delay. There is literally no other way out of the mess that Germany is increasingly finding itself in.

Brush it under the carpet? Would you ever cop on to yourself? I suggest no such thing.

The report is all about the heinous attack, stoning by north african youths, followed by references to Iran and other muslim states treatment of LGBT people etc.

All reported by an Israeli news outlet.

The whole intent of that article and the OP in posting here in the first place is to have another go at Muslims in general, to spread fear about Islam.

If it was about the plight of the victims, the Jewish press would have focused on attacks on LGBT people generally. The victims merely provided an opportunity to cast all muslims from the region in a bad light.

Get all uppity if you want. You're missing the point.

They are telling the truth. I see nothing wrong with them saying where they are from.

Well I like see where they branded "all Muslims in bad light"?

I give you a clue. They didn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭kupus

I am wondering will the liberal agenda change after this attack?

They are telling the truth. I see nothing wrong with them saying where they are from.

They did, the second half of the article goes off on a rant about Muslim intolerance to LGBTs in the middle east.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

Whosthis wrote: »
    They did, the second half of the article goes off on a rant about Muslim intolerance to LGBTs in the middle east.

Which is ridiculous...

We all know that the Islamic world is a bastion of peace & tolerance for all mankind, that's why so many people flock to it.

kupus wrote: »
    I am wondering will the liberal agenda change after this attack?

The liberal agenda? You're watching too much Fox News. Or reading too much of Pamela Gellar and cohorts BS.

How about taking things with a pinch of salt.

Two trans women were the victims of an assault. Attackers apprehended by police. Job done, for now.

Now, question the way that 'news' was delivered and just how much bias was attached in the article. Tabloidesque horse crap was the side dish. Hardly surprising when you consider the geopolitical interests at play in Israeli media machinery.

What surprises me is that Irish people are so easily led. It's more than just naivety. It's stupidity at work, accepting the crap that's being put in front of you by such an anti-muslim, pro-israeli agency.

They didn't. They never said anything about good Muslims. They have targeted countries and rightly so who kill and murder Gay people.

You do realise Gay people get hanged in Iran twice weekly in a local gathering. I saw one myself in 2006. Pretty **** my pance stuff I will admit.

They are stating facts. Unless people are stupid enough to think that it's all just some sort of film and that people thrown off buildings in videos are actors then we have some bad news to tell you

Which is ridiculous...

We all know that the Islamic world is a bastion of peace & tolerance for all mankind, that's why so many people flock to it.

I'm not refuting that for one minute, just pointing out the previous posters denial of what is said in the article.

• Advertisement

There's a clear and deliberate inference in that article, all thanks to references to common treatment of members of the LGBT communities in named Muslim countries.

It's not news. It's an unconfirmed report (and I'll take it for granted it occured) of an event in Germany, reported in Israel, which provided a prime opportunity to criticise numerous Arab nations for human rights abuses.

Coming from an Israeli news agency, that's a bit pot/kettle/black.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 333 ✭✭BigJackC

Quelle surprise.

Deport these shítbags and drastically curtail immigration without any further delay. There is literally no other way out of the mess that Germany is increasingly finding itself in.

Nobody is going home.
    Why rejected asylum seekers are seldom deported - In no other industrialized nation have so many people applied for asylum in the past year than in Germany. Around half of the applications are rejected, but that seldom has consequences for the applicant.

In this digital age, it's not just millions of banal emails that are sent around the world, but also important messages. Information that can spark a massive reaction. Like the fact that in Germany, the risk of being deported is pretty small despite a rejected asylum application. Refugees know this, and it's one of the reasons why Germany remains their preferred destination.

Wilfred Burghardt, the former leader of a committee on repatriation known as AG Rück, says the flaws in Germany's deportation system are a significant "pull factor." Clearly, the Achilles' heel of Germany's generous asylum law is the lack of consequences that follow rejection. The biggest obstacles to deportation are:

Unknown identity

Around 80 percent of asylum seekers arrive in Germany with fake papers, or no papers at all. That's especially true for migrants from countries where there is no war or persecution. Aid organizations say that many people opt for fake papers because there are no legal means to enter Germany. But it's not possible to deport a person without any papers once their application for asylum has been rejected. Even once the country of origin has been established, many states refuse to take their citizens back.

The vast majority of these people will never be sent home - no matter if their claims are genuine or not.

There's a clear and deliberate inference in that article, all thanks to references to common treatment of members of the LGBT communities in named Muslim countries.

It's not news. It's an unconfirmed report (and I'll take it for granted it occured) of an event in Germany, reported in Israel, which provided a prime opportunity to criticise numerous Arab nations for human rights abuses.

Coming from an Israeli news agency, that's a bit pot/kettle/black.

Fair point on last bit, in fact you're correct.

But, I just think it does need be highlighted how awful Gays and women are treated in many parts of world.

I just
    1. Dont think this is a Muslim bashing piece
    2. Where they are from should be highlighted, if they feel so
    3. They are stating facts and that's very welcome, surely

I
    1. Dont think this is a Muslim bashing piece

Anything in the article that does not directly relate to this incident is superfluous and is only included to push an agenda. It's nothing but Muslim bashing.

Anything in the article that does not directly relate to this incident is superfluous and is only included to push an agenda
    Or just context padding, like most articles on anyting.
    It's nothing but Muslim bashing.
    Awww....the poor craturs.

Or just context padding, like most articles on anyting.

Awww....the poor craturs.

Funyy then that I've read four articles on the same incident from four different news outlets and none of them have included any of that garbage.

none of them have included any of that garbage.

What was it about the 'extras' in the piece that you found inaccurate?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Mod-One person banned for a very distasteful joke. Keep this on topic or it will be locked. First and only warning

• Advertisement

What was it about the 'extras' in the piece that you found inaccurate?

I never said they were inaccurate, I said they were irrelevant to the story and only included to push an anti-muslim agenda.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement