Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GAA Betting

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭A19B1C12

Is it me or are Antrim far too under-rated today?

5/1 for a team that were in the Ulster Final two years ago is a bit much in my opinion.

7/1 on Antrim by 1-3 points looks tasty.

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Sir Vival

johnb03 wrote: »
    Is it me or are Antrim far too under-rated today?

5/1 for a team that were in the Ulster Final two years ago is a bit much in my opinion.

7/1 on Antrim by 1-3 points looks tasty.

A lot can change in two years... Remember when fermanagh had that great run in the qualifiers and looked like they'd be very competitive in ulster, now look at them.

The bubble in Antrim gaa has completely burst and donegal on a big upward curve and at home in ballyboffey they'll stroll to a win. 4/5 points minimum.

Stay away from Antrim...

EDIT: Just had a quick look at PP website, western gaels into 2/7 now.. must be a fair bit of money going on them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭User Friendly

A couple of hundred euros is more than enough to move prices in club championship games

• Registered Users Posts: 965 ✭✭✭mjp

Am waiting on Western gaels for over €1,600 in an accum. Have also backed them @ 4/5 in powers on their own but be foolish not to have few quid on Aidans @ 3/1 and a saver on the draw aswell. Anyone know will this be on any radio online?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭dotsflan

was looking good for western gaels at half time anyway http://twitter.com/#!/gaaroscommon

no sign of a result though

result in, western gaels win easily. good man sir vival, nice one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭glanman

Result from Kiltoom: western Gaels 1-13 St Aidans 0-5

Great call, think a lot of us were on this thanks to your spot...

Winner alright, Winner alright !!!!

1- 13 to 5 points win for Western Gaels. Good start to the season for this forum and long may it continue

Good stuff, routine 11 point victory for the Gaels.

Congrats all round if ye won a bit of cash... there's another round of Roscommon championship next weekend, so i'll be checking all the club gaa bookies websites regularly from tomorrow on for the early prices and posting up anything interesting I see here.

Any other results from around, dont'd be afraid to post them up. Tis a bit of a hardship scouring all the county gaa websites when half of them aren't up to date.

http://www.paddypower.com/bet/gaa-sports

Odds on the games are up on PP if anyone wants a look.

Unfortunately no penalty kicks like there was last week.

Strokestown @9/4 are worth a tenner though purely as a good value bet because as i've said before castlerea tend to be consistently involved in games that go either way by only a point or two (they drew last week...). Strokestown are at home and need to win to have a chance of progressing.

They're odds will probably drift a bit come the weekend so i'll have a tenner on at 9/4 now and maybe another tenner if they drift to 3/1

I'd advise holding onto your money if your looking for a solid bet though.

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭rodmn2377

i was looking at the odds for the roscommon champ and i taught the double of clann 4/9 v kilbride and kilmore 2/5 v st croans whichs pays around even is a good bet,if the 2 of these win that as good as secures there passage through.would like to see the teams first but think it could be worth a punt....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭paul08

Like the look of tipperary minors tonight vs Kerry. 3/1 with powers looks too long for a team that came through the first round easily and also has the benefit of home advantage. Kerry are missing one of their dangermen Thomas Hickey who scored 1-5 in the first round, and also from what i hear tipp have been going well in challenge games recently beating a well regarded galway team. Id be pricing them around 7/4 so 3/1 looks good value in this instance

Great call on the tipp minors yesterday thanks for that......

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

+1, very good call, fair play.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭User Friendly

Great call!

was it 10pts down at half time? well done backers!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭glanman

Thinking of going with small accum of:

Castlerea (v strokestown) 2/5
    Four Masters (v bundoran) 2/7
    Kildare 2/9
    Laois 2/5

thoughts?? I know the weather isn't great on Saturday so a little catious over the two club games...

Anyone have any views on Donegal club matches this weekend? Prices up from powers since yesterday evening @ http://www.paddypower.com/bet/gaa-sports/gaa-matches/donegal-club-football-matches

Hoping to get a write up on few matches before sunday as waiting to get hold of few local papers from up there and waiting to hear back from a few Donegal boys i went to college with.

Boyles Ladbrokes and William hill yet to price up weekend's matches so be interesting see if theres much of a difference in their prices to powers

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭Hesh's Umpire

I believe Laois are something like 5/2 to beat Wexford this weekend in the Leinster MHC.
    Think the price is a bit big myself if it's accurate. A very good Westmeath team this year beat Laois narrowly enough in the first round and I don't think it's one of Wexford's better teams in recent years.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,567 ✭✭✭patmac

glanman wrote: »

Kildare 2/9
    Laois 2/5

thoughts?? I know the weather isn't great on Saturday so a little catious over the two club games...
    The Castlerea odds look very poor they lost a seven point lead against Clan na Gael last week who were beaten by Strokestown by 10 points the week before in the league, where did you get the odds for this game?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,567 ✭✭✭patmac

I think 9/4 Strokestown to beat Castlerea are great odds on PP!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭Clubmad

Four Masters let me down bad last year, twice if I recall right with bloody draws at very short pirces so hence I'm putting them on my black list for this year. Waiting for one of the Donegal players to mail me info for weekend games so once he does I'll send on his views.

As for Roscommon, I think Clann and Kilmore are the two bankers @ 4/9 & 2/5. I'd be also thinking Ros Gaels against Aidens are good value at 11/10. As for the other games I think it's way to tight to call. Very catious over the Castlerea v S/Town game meself............

In the SFC this weekend I reckon theres value in the handicap betting. Tipp at +8 and Leitrim at +5 stand out to me. Kerry dont seem to kick teams off the pitch like they used to in early round games and I reckon Leitrim are going good against an over rated Sligo team..........I think the other games are a lot harder to call.

• Advertisement

I'd be thinking the same about s/town game wouldnt like to chance it,I think kilmore and clan are a great bet and your right I'd say Ross Gaels will beat aidens they seem to be In bad shape.<br />
    <br />
    Like the look of Leitrim +5 like you I think Sligo very over rated and with out a couple of there top forwards but not to sure on Kerry I think they have a lot to prove this summer so they could come out all systems go.<br />
    <br />
    That would be great if ya get some info from the Donegal lad let us know...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭Clubmad

Right, the Final word...............

I've decided in the SFC the best bests are as follows.........

Longford +5 @ 4/9 ....should be a tight enough game
    Tipp +11 : 2/5 ....Simply think if Kerry are 7/8 points up they wont push on
    Clare +14 @ 1/2 ..14 is a huge margin, my reasoning is once again if a team is 10 points up and further champo to come they may not kick on
    Leitrim +5 @ 8/11 ..Reckon they may even sneak a draw here

In Club Champo i've gone for the following in Ros , Clann, Kilmore and ROs Geals, there 11/10 which I thnk is a great price, reasons outlined already.

In Donegal i've been told there's not much to go on, with a lot of the games going to be pretty dam close. Another reason for staying away from Four Masters. The two picks are Glenswilly, that;s Murphys team, also Neil Gallagher in Midfield for them. There 11/8 and the other team I've been recommended to with it is Kilcar, mate reckons they could win by 6/7 points ,,,,,there at 8/11

Finally, tip for Galway Hurling, Breagh @ 11/10 .....That's purley on word, know nothing about it!

All in All I'm pretty happy with those Selections @ 123/1 or so, haha :)

glanman wrote: »

Kildare 2/9
    Laois 2/5

Kilmore offer a more solid bet @2/5 vs Croans in my opinion. Croans are aren't a traditional senior team and tend to yo-yo between senior and inter. Plus Kilmore are notorious for being near impossible to beat at home where they draw huge local crowds and there's a surface on that pitch like no other... almost bog like.

A lot of people expect castlerea to win but playing away from home and with the weather they way it's supposed to be, 11/4 for Strokestown with WH is massive. Castlerea definitely aren't value @2/5

patmac wrote: »
    I think 9/4 Strokestown to beat Castlerea are great odds on PP!

11/4 with WH ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭funnyname

Clubmad wrote: »
    Right, the Final word...............

Clare +14 @ 1/2 ..14 is a huge margin, my reasoning is once again if a team is 10 points up and further champo to come they may not kick on

Also consider that this Cork team don't score a lot of goals so looks like a very good bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭docmartin

mjp wrote: »
    Anyone have any views on Donegal club matches this weekend? Prices up from powers since yesterday evening @ http://www.paddypower.com/bet/gaa-sports/gaa-matches/donegal-club-football-matches

Hoping to get a write up on few matches before sunday as waiting to get hold of few local papers from up there and waiting to hear back from a few Donegal boys i went to college with.

Boyles Ladbrokes and William hill yet to price up weekend's matches so be interesting see if theres much of a difference in their prices to powers
    this is just my opinion
    Ardara vs Cloughaneely
    both in good form in the league, ardara consistently strong but i have an outside fancy for Cloughaneely here, they are a better team than the 11/4 suggests, very young side not unlike the naomh conaill team of 2005, on the whole its hard to fancy ardara @ 3/10
    Bundoran vs Four masters
    Four masters should be way way to strong for Bundoran 2/7 a good price considering the gulf in the 2 sides, bundoran did win intermediate championship last year but shouldnt be fit to match Four masters who have quality players all over the field
    Dungloe vs St eunans
    donegal midfielder Rory kavanagh a major doubt for Eunans who havent been performing in the league. I'd have to give the vote here to dungloe as the are very hard to beat on their home turf.
    Gaoth Dobhair vs termon
    hard to fancy termon here, a division 2 side up against a powerful division one side containg 3 mc gee's and kevin cassidy
    Glenswilly vs Naomh conaill
    glenswilly a massive price here at 11/8 against a naomh conail side who reached the ulster senior final least year, Naomh conaill massivly injury hit this weekend losing ciaran boyle, johnny bonner, anthony thompson, leo mc loone and a few others. head says glenswilly but pride of the parish says Naomh conaill so no bet here for me
    Killybegs vs Kilcar
    Killybegs, last years beaten county finalists, relegated from division one last year, hard to fancy as they have no major scoring power, Kilcar for me are a steadily improving outfit and victory in the local derby shouyld provide the stepping stones for a long summer football wise, Kilcar look like buying money @ 8/11
    Malin vs Glenfin - mo major knowledge of either of these sides, glenfin perennial under achievers against a malin side with some big men and a few handy enough footballers, no bet here for me.
    Mac cumhails vs St micheals, fancy Mac cumhails at home to spring a surprise against a st micheals side who like st Eunans have striuggled in their league campaign this year. only a very small bet on mac cumhals here though on these grounds as i see 5/2 as quite a value bet,

so thats my round up on the donegal senior championship fixtures. Good luck all
    Docmartin

Cheers for that Update Doc Martin.

My main bet for the weekend is going to be Under 29.5 points in Sligo v Leitrim match tomorrow with Ladbrokes. Looks like powers have taken bit of money on this as it has been shortened from 28.5 down to 27.5 and is now currently @ 26.5. Boylesports still go 28.5 for those of you who dont have an a/c with ladbrokes.

My reasoning???
    Looking at head to head games over the last 10 years these sides have met 5 times with game going over the mark only once and under 4 times with avarage total standing @ 24 points.

Neither teams have been putting up big cores in this years league with Letrim averaging 12 points(Taking Kilkenny game out of the reckoning as was only a training session for them.

Sligo are missing their two main scoring threats from last years championship in David Kelly and Mark Brehony so cant see them putting up a huge score in what will be a difficult test for this sligo side.

If sligo get the poor weather thats promised for tomorrow i expect this to be a nailed on certainty to finish under 29.5 so this is a max bet for me.

Another Value bet to me is in the Laois V Longford game where Ladbrokes go 8/11 for Brian Kavanagh( Longford full forward) to score over 1.5 points. He is always good for a few scores and has been the fulcrum of Longford's attack over the last number of year. He will see plenty of ball and will be marked by Kevin Meaney who is a midfielder converted to wearing the number 3 jersey and doesn't look comfortable in this position. He should see the full 70 minutes aswell and if Longford are going to put in a big performance tomorrow i expect Kavanagh to get his name on the scoreboard more than once atleast.

Interestingly Paddy power go over 2.5 for the same player

Look like two nice bets mjp...

Really interested in the Kavanagh over 1.5pts @8/11. He's a real class act on his day and will definitely get the oppurtunites to score. Hopefully Longford turn up. Looking into setting up an account with Ladbrokes today.

That Brian kavannagh bet on lad is now 8/13 so there must be a bit of interest in it,have to say I'd be very surprised if that doesn't come good....

• Advertisement

Results from Roscommon:

Kilmore 0-9 St. Croans 0-6
    Strokestown 0-15 Castlerea 2-9. Supposedly last minute peno for castlerea..
    Clann na Gael vs Kilbride was a draw as well
    Elphin 0-9 St. Faithleachs 1-4

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement