Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GAA Betting

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Sir Vival

Ladbrokes go Shine under 5.5pts @evens. Smashing bet in my opinion. Weather in roscommon at the moment is awful, rain pouring down and there's a strong wind blowing. Carrick is only 20mins down the road so I presume it's the same if not worse down there.

I'm putting €30 on and €5 cover bet on Shine MoM @7.5/1.

Under(27.5pts) as well looks good considering the weather and both teams lack of real firepower...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭Clubmad

Leitrim served me well last time and think they can go good again and even pip the rossies. However steering on side of caution +5 @ 4/9 looks like an unreal price, crappy weather will keep score low aswell.

Looking at the Carlow team one can see Louth running riot, I'm fancy them +7/8 so once again a bit of caution Louth -4 @ 4/7 looks appealing.

In mayo Breaffy are into evens and still value, Balladerren into 8/11 and in Sligo Coolera/strandhill are still 4/5.....

Nice wee 5 fold accum there.....

• Registered Users Posts: 971 ✭✭✭mjp

Got 5/6 under 5.5 on shine there with boyles when phoned up and requested price. Its not advertised on their website but should give it to you over the phone for those who dont have access to ladbrokes. Looks like it could be a day for the unders as a rotten day all over the country by the sounds of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭fkiely

Think Leitrim are decent value at 11/4. Also Waterford -3 at 10/11 today.

• Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭albert kidd

richie foley is on the free's for waterford today..hes 11/10 to score over 6.5 on PP.

limerick +3 evens and no goal at 13/1.

weather will suit limerick today i reckon..i can see them turning over waterford.

• Advertisement

Sqeaky bum time on backers of shine under 5.5. Scored 1-1 but 20 mins left. Chances of getiing man of the match at the moment look slim aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭yesno1234

Am I right in saying total points don't count goals i.e. 1-1 to 3 points is 4 points not 7 for the sake of unders/overs?

They do unfortunately. hopefully letrims defence hold out for last 10 minutes

• Registered Users Posts: 7,477 ✭✭✭Trampas

Waterford0.0 @ 1/2
    Roscommon0.0 @ 2/5
    Donegal0.0 @ 3/10
    Trebles, 1 bet * €10.00

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭yesno1234

mjp wrote: »
    They do unfortunately. hopefully letrims defence hold out for last 10 minutes

Ah feck, had over 26.5, all the chances Ros had to score a few goals an Leitrim hitting the post

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Megatitan

Gone with Limerick (-1). I can feel an upset and Davy Fitz going looney!

Looks like a good time to back Carlow. They're 3pts up with an extra man and PP are offering 17/10 from them to win. €10 on, seems like great value

• Registered Users Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭ft9

Sir Vival wrote: »
    Looks like a good time to back Carlow. They're 3pts up with an extra man and PP are offering 17/10 from them to win. €10 on, seems like great value

Tenner on this

25 waterford -4

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭rossit

were louth winning at half time pls

9- 6 to carlow at ht and Louth corner back ray finnegan sent off. Louth 13-11 up in 2nd half with game nearing the end.

carlow win 14- 13. brendan murphy with the winner in injury time. Carlow were 11/2 here on powers when 1 point down with 4 mins to go. Didnt back it but thought was a huge price.
    Lot of accums gone astray this weekend with Louth beat

An unlikely Carlow win in the end but i'll take it.

Really strange pricing by PP, Carlow were 12/1 to win when they were 2pts down with nearly 10mins to go. I'm not sure what the situation with the wind was...

Shine scored 1-1 so the unders came in as well. If his marker was anyway tight he wouldn't have scored the goal either. Thought the keeper should have saved it as well being honest. Good win for ros all the same

• Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭albert kidd

richie foley is on the free's for waterford today..hes 11/10 to score over 6.5 on PP.

limerick +3 evens and no goal at 13/1.

weather will suit limerick today i reckon..i can see them turning over waterford.

foley never started so thats void.

no goal was close lol!!

take the +3.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,477 ✭✭✭Trampas

Trampas wrote: »
    Waterford0.0 @ 1/2
    Roscommon0.0 @ 2/5
    Donegal0.0 @ 3/10
    Trebles, 1 bet * €10.00

Waterford0.0 @ 1/2
    Roscommon0.0 @ 2/5
    Donegal0.0 @ 3/10
    Trebles, 1 bet * €10.00 12/06/2011 12:30:02 10.00 27.30 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Cartel Mike

I just read Trampas post there.

RTE had actually stuck the final score as Limerick 3-15 and Waterford 3-14 when i tuned in.

Was gutted for a full hour, now i realise they just mixed up the names.

I feel a turning point.

Good picks here guys in all.

• Advertisement

Clubmad wrote: »
    I'd find it very hard to go against Kilkenny, they have the Ability to destroy a team, if they scored and early goal or so could be a riot......Going against the great teams in the Spread has hurt me this season already, Kerry, Cork etc.......

Mayo Championship:

There is 8 games this weekend, only 4 games where there's either value of will defo win:

Ballintubber @ 2/5 v Westport .....Ballintubber are County Champions, Westport havent got out of there group in years, at 2/5 it's a steal as far as I can see. Alan Dillon plays for Ballintubber also

Claremorris @ 8/13 v Tourmakeady .....This is Tourmakeadys first year in Senior, they won a poor inter Championship last year. Calremorris form has been quite good so far this season and been at home is a massive advantage to them, my Nap for the weekend

Charlestown v Ballagderren @ Evens........two big hitters here, Charlestown old team though with wise heads and Balla all young lads with unreal movement....have to think Balla by 4+ ...Balla had a Shocking season last year after winnning the County Championship in 2008, however looks like there back on track now. Charlestown are down a few players from last season also, everything here points to a Balla win

Ballinrobe v Breaffy @ 11/8.......Breaffy are Second favourites to qualify from group, Ballinrobe are favourites to win in Bookies, so doesnt make sense. From what I can see it will be a tight affair but with Breaffy having the two County O'Shea lads I think there good for the win.

Sligo:

6 Games in Sligo with only 3 worth betting on:

St Molaise Gaels @ 4/11 V Easkey ....St Mol were beaten by harps last year and are in terrific form in Div 1 at the moment, Easkey dont have anything to suggust they can turn this around St Mol +6

Geevagh V St Mary's @ Evens ...........Mary's are very hard to call, they seem to blow hot and cold, however Geevagh are down a good few players from last year and if Marys preform at-all they'll see this one true.

Ballymote Round Towers v CooleraStrandhill @ 4/5 .......Both teams seem to be going backwards in fairness but feelings are Ballymote will keep going and Coolera have the players and Management to turn things around

Meath:

8 games in Meath this Weekend with only 3 one could bet on

Trim v Wolfe Tones @ 1/5 .....short price here and Tones are down 2/3 players with Injury, however Trim are one of the poorest teams in Meath Senior football and wont get any change from this game

Summerhill @ 1/3 v Simonstown G ...Another Short price. Summerhill are 3 from 3, looking very impressive. Simonstown are 1 from 3 and seem to be leaking scores , 6 goals in 3 games....Summerhill by 3+

Duleek/Bellewstown v St Pats @ 5/6 .......Duleek have lost both opening games, it will definelty be tight hence the prices but 4/7 or 1/2 would be a more realistic price for Pats ....they should come through with 2 to spare

Take your Pick :D

All Mayo teams won, all sligo teams romped home, 1 out of 3 meath teams, hopefully someone had luck with some of my Mayo Sligo picks.......

Meath.your Dead to me:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭glanman

Cork games this weekend, odds appreciated as I can't access them! Off the top of my head predictions in Bold, will give more detailed picks later.

Friday 17th June, 2011
    Evening Echo Premier Intermediate Hurling Championship
    19:30 Valley Rovers vs Ballyhea @ Pairc Ui Rinn Round 2 ET
    Evening Echo Intermediate Hurling Championship
    19:30 Aghada vs Blackrock @ Midleton Round 2 ET

19:30 Dromina vs Meelin @ Kilbrin Round 2 ET

Saturday 18th June, 2011
    Evening Echo Senior Football Championship
    19:00 Ilen Rovers vs Dohenys @ Skibbereen Round 2 ET very tight but maybe ilen

Sunday 19th June, 2011
    15:30 Newcestown vs St Nicks @ Brinny Round 2 ET
    Evening Echo Premier Intermediate Football Championship
    15:30 Mayfield vs Glenville @ Riverstown Round 2 ET very tight, loser will be favourite to go down, will plump for Glenville though
    Evening Echo Intermediate Football Championship
    15:30 Aghabullogue vs Ballyclough @ Donoughmore Round 2 ET
    15:30 Mallow vs Argideen Rangers @ Pairc Ui Rinn Round 2 ET dont know enough on this
    15:30 Cobh vs St Catherines @ Dungourney Round 2 ET dont know enough on this

15:30 Milford vs Barryroe @ Coachford Round 2 ET

Monday 20th June, 2011
    19:30 Ballincollig vs Na Piarsaigh @ Cloughduv Round 2 ET
    Evening Echo Senior Hurling Championship
    19:30 Douglas vs Ballinhassig @ Douglas Round 2 ET could be very tight

No prices up on the PP, Boyles or Ladbrokes yet. There is prices on WH however.

Gonna do a brief summary of the matches in roscommon this weekend.

Saturday
    St. Croans v St. Faithleachas
    Faithleachas are definitely the better team here and would expect to beat croans every time. Although they've had a poor season thus far they've found some form recently so should go into the game with confidence. However this game is in Croans' home pitch which is one of the worst pitches in roscommon along with quite small and narrow which plays into Croans' hands. Add to this that it's do or die for both teams (both teams have lost their previous 2 championship matches) and the fact that Faithleachas are sure to be a short price means that it's definitely a game to avoid...

Strokestown v Clann na Gael
    Again this is another game that is do or die for both teams. If Strokestown had a full selection I'd go big on them due to Clann's total reliance on Donie Shine for scores. However strokestown have lost 3/4 key players to the J1. On viewing various games Clann look a poor side this year compared to previous years which is surprising due to Des Dolan Snr being in charger for his second season.The game is in a neutral venue so that shouldn't have too much of a bearing. If Strokestown keep their discipline and don't conceed frees to Shine I reckon they'll sneak this and could be a good value bet as they're often not given too much of a chance by the bookies.

Sunday
    Castlerea v Kilbride
    Stay away from this game! Castlrea should win but as I've said numerous times they tend to struggle through against even the poorest of opposition. Kilbride have also been a surprise package this year and have already qualified but we'll be eager to top the group. I can guarantee Castlerea will be 1/3 or 1/4 with all bookies and represent terrible value at that price. Draw here could be worth a punt.

St. Brigids v St. Aidans
    Again i'd advise staying away. Brigids will win but maybe not as comfortably as people may think. I expect them to put out a weak team due to them having qualified and giving their panel players a chance to impress. Aidans will battle hard but will probably lose by 4/5pts in the end. Brigids will be a ridiculously high price for this game also.

Kilmore v Elphin
    Again another game to steer clear of. Both teams have qualified so the teams they put out might be weakened. Elphin are probably the better side but Kilmore's home advantage gives them an edge. This is a local derby that tends to get heated as well so the team who plays the most football might not necessarily win making it very hard to pick a winner.

Roscommon Gaels v Western Gaels
    Western Gaels should come through this comfortably enough. I've mentioned their qualities before namely their 4 county starters. Ros gaels are a poor outfit and don't offer much of a scoring threat. Western gaels need to win this to ensure progression so i'd definitely include them in a GAA bet this weekend.

So in Summary, Go Strokestown (if they're near 2/1 and Western Gaels if they're around 1/2 or better)

William Hill have roscommon games priced up since this morning and for those interested Strokestown are

http://sports.williamhill.com/bet/en-gb/betting/g/819784/Match-Betting.html

Sir Vival wrote: »
    No prices up on the PP, Boyles or Ladbrokes yet. There is prices on WH however.

Gonna do a brief summary of the matches in roscommon this weekend.

Saturday
    St. Croans v St. Faithleachas
    Faithleachas are definitely the better team here and would expect to beat croans every time. Although they've had a poor season thus far they've found some form recently so should go into the game with confidence. However this game is in Croans' home pitch which is one of the worst pitches in roscommon along with quite small and narrow which plays into Croans' hands. Add to this that it's do or die for both teams (both teams have lost their previous 2 championship matches) and the fact that Faithleachas are sure to be a short price means that it's definitely a game to avoid...

Strokestown v Clann na Gael
    Again this is another game that is do or die for both teams. If Strokestown had a full selection I'd go big on them due to Clann's total reliance on Donie Shine for scores. However strokestown have lost 3/4 key players to the J1. On viewing various games Clann look a poor side this year compared to previous years which is surprising due to Des Dolan Snr being in charger for his second season.The game is in a neutral venue so that shouldn't have too much of a bearing. If Strokestown keep their discipline and don't conceed frees to Shine I reckon they'll sneak this and could be a good value bet as they're often not given too much of a chance by the bookies.

Sunday
    Castlerea v Kilbride
    Stay away from this game! Castlrea should win but as I've said numerous times they tend to struggle through against even the poorest of opposition. Kilbride have also been a surprise package this year and have already qualified but we'll be eager to top the group. I can guarantee Castlerea will be 1/3 or 1/4 with all bookies and represent terrible value at that price. Draw here could be worth a punt.

St. Brigids v St. Aidans
    Again i'd advise staying away. Brigids will win but maybe not as comfortably as people may think. I expect them to put out a weak team due to them having qualified and giving their panel players a chance to impress. Aidans will battle hard but will probably lose by 4/5pts in the end. Brigids will be a ridiculously high price for this game also.

Kilmore v Elphin
    Again another game to steer clear of. Both teams have qualified so the teams they put out might be weakened. Elphin are probably the better side but Kilmore's home advantage gives them an edge. This is a local derby that tends to get heated as well so the team who plays the most football might not necessarily win making it very hard to pick a winner.

Roscommon Gaels v Western Gaels
    Western Gaels should come through this comfortably enough. I've mentioned their qualities before namely their 4 county starters. Ros gaels are a poor outfit and don't offer much of a scoring threat. Western gaels need to win this to ensure progression so i'd definitely include them in a GAA bet this weekend.

So in Summary, Go Strokestown (if they're near 2/1 and Western Gaels if they're around 1/2 or better)

I can Vouche for Elphin Camp that there going out with intentions to win anyways, however they are missing a few through injury...............

glanman wrote: »
    Cork games this weekend, odds appreciated as I can't access them! Off the top of my head predictions in Bold, will give more detailed picks later.

Friday 17th June, 2011
    19:30 Valley Rovers vs Ballyhea @ Pairc Ui Rinn Round 2 ET
    19:30 Aghada vs Blackrock @ Midleton Round 2 ET

19:30 Dromina vs Meelin @ Kilbrin Round 2 ET

Saturday 18th June, 2011
    19:00 Ilen Rovers vs Dohenys @ Skibbereen Round 2 ET very tight but maybe ilen

Sunday 19th June, 2011
    15:30 Newcestown vs St Nicks @ Brinny Round 2 ET
    Evening Echo Premier Intermediate Football Championship
    15:30 Mayfield vs Glenville @ Riverstown Round 2 ET very tight, loser will be favourite to go down, will plump for Glenville though
    Evening Echo Intermediate Football Championship
    15:30 Aghabullogue vs Ballyclough @ Donoughmore Round 2 ET
    15:30 Mallow vs Argideen Rangers @ Pairc Ui Rinn Round 2 ET dont know enough on this
    15:30 Cobh vs St Catherines @ Dungourney Round 2 ET dont know enough on this

15:30 Milford vs Barryroe @ Coachford Round 2 ET

Monday 20th June, 2011
    19:30 Ballincollig vs Na Piarsaigh @ Cloughduv Round 2 ET
    Evening Echo Senior Hurling Championship
    19:30 Douglas vs Ballinhassig @ Douglas Round 2 ET could be very tight

Ilen Rovers 10/11 v Dohenys 11/10

Newcestown 1/3 v St Nicholas 13/5

Ballincollig 2/7 v Na Piarsaigh 3/1

This is All Paddy P have Glanman

They have all been slow this week to put up odds, or are they just not putting them online, just in store?? I have seen on the cork bookies cashmans that they have aghaboullouge at 5/4 v Ballyclough... Ballyclough is cork senior colm o neills team but he is out for the year, very limited without him... I would be very confident of an aghabollouge win in this...

Ballincollig are practically certs so a must for Accums...

Valley rovers tonight are another good bet as are Meelin and Aghada. Cashmans offering a special of 2/1 on all three to win tonight, should be safe enough...

Treble of Valley Rovers, Aghada and Meelin, paying out 13/8... bit late for all but just put it on with PP.

Any updates on them games Glanman.......?

• Advertisement

Any updates on that Cork trio Glanman.......?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement