Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GAA Betting

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Clubmad wrote: »
    I just copied and pasted what my Kerry mate said, I questioned it and he said he meant to write if in form rather then actaully in form.....my Bad:mad:

Lucky I wandered in then ;)

I would expect to beat Kilcummin but it's squad dependant.

I'll come back when I hear a bit more.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

Going with KK - 2 pts v Dublin @ 5-6 WH

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭Clubmad

Was hoping we might get some more input into the weekends games then we have so far..........A lot of games kicking off tonight so here's my weekends entertainment, hopefully doesnt end tonight.

It's a massive 20 teams, I decided to go for teams rather then prices so some as short as 1/20..........Here goes. 75/1 in total !

Meath
    WolfeTones 2/9 01/05 14.00

Offaly
    Rhode3/10 30/04 19:00
    Clara 1/10 29/04 19:00

Dublin
    Na Finna 2/9 29/04 19:00
    Round Towers 2/7 29/04 19:00
    Lucan 1/8 29/04 19:00
    Crokes 1/10 29/04 20:30
    Parnells 1/6 30/04 15:30
    Brigids 1/7 30/04 17:00
    Judes 1/16 30/04 17:00
    St Vincents 4/6 30/04 17:00

Waterford
    BallyGunner 1/20 29/04 19:00
    De LaSalle 1/6 01/05 15:30
    Fourmilewater 1/4 01/05 14:00
    Tallow 2/5 01/05 15:30

Westmeath
    Lomans 2/5 01/05 17:15
    Mullingar S 1/20 1/05 18:45

Wexford
    Rathnure 4/11 30/04 19:00

Kilkenny 2/5 01/05 15:30
    Roscommon 1/10 01/05 20:00

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm............

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭storykid

Waterford
    BallyGunner 1/20 29/04 19:00
    De LaSalle 1/6 01/05 15:30
    Fourmilewater 1/4 01/05 14:00
    Tallow 2/5 01/05 15:30

Agree with your selections here it is hard to see past these 4 teams this weekend.
    The only worry would be Tallow in my opinion. Dungravan possess some very talented players that could cause problems on their day. Tallow have the experience and the quality to see them off and i'm expecting them to get the win here after losing by a point to Passage last weekend. They were poor int he first half but in the second half played very well.

As for the Passage 5/4 vs Mt Sion 4/6 match, Passage are the value here and slight favourites to overcome an unconvincing Mt Sion. Despite beating newly promoted Roanmore last week by 11 points, there was only a point in it with 10 minutes to go before Sion scored a goal and pulled away. Going on reports this was a very poor match. I had my doubts about Passage last weekend and they proved me wrong yet again, missing the influential Noel Connors along with 1 or 2 other starters didnt stop them beating Tallow. Eoin kelly scoring 2-8. Connors is expected to be back for Sunday. Passage edged this game last year and i feel will edge it again but it is very close to call. Mt Sion will have to up their game to win this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Sir Vival

Here's my input, short though it may be. In Dublin a lot of the big teams are very short odds but hey if they win it's still money in the bank.

I think this week i'll play safe and combine a few of these short priced teams to get off to a good start in the club championship.

Parnells @1/6 should comfortably beat div.3 side Whitehall. Parnells have dublin keeper cluxton, laois captain begley and top marksman m.j. tierney and recent addition to the armagh panel johnny murtagh. Although they've been going poorly in div. 1 a lot of these games were played without county players and even these losses to high quality teams should stand to them.

I'm not too sure about Roscommon on the handicap but they're definitely going to beat new york and @1/7 i'll take it. They're not as bad as they were against longford and i expect a much improved performance from them. A lot of players are playing for pride on that team now with the county questioning a lot of their characters. 4+ point win minimum...

St. Lomans @3/10 is a good price to beat Malachys. Lomans are strong and have one of the best players in the country in lynam (not sure if heslin can play for westmeath having played in the dublin championship for UCD). Malachy's are struggling big time having lost all of their games in the div. 2 league scoring an average of just over 7pts a game, hardly championship winning numbers...

Gonna throw in Kilkenny(+3) @1/7 to bring the combined odds up to just short of evens.

€50 returns €99.05

I know they're all short prices but I expect all to win and I'd take a €49 profit every weekend of the year so we'll see how we get on.

Good write ups on the hurling lads, will do another bet tomorrow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

Gone for Passage, DLS, Fourmilewater, Kilkenny -2, Parnells and St. Lomans :D All short priced except for Passage and KK -2. Those are the 2 dodgy ones I'd expect the rest to come in. Just 2 euro on it for the laugh, almost 8/1

Parnells won 1-14 to 0-4 against Whitehall.

Any other results from relevant games today?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,529 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

KevIRL wrote: »

If you do fancy Waterford to spring an upset, then backing Dublin for the league title @ 16/1 is a nice bet, Dublin best placed to benefit should Galay lose and those 16/1 odds would shrink drastically if they did obv

Ship.

KevIRL wrote: »
    Ship.

Great shout. Still can't get over how poor Kilkenny were.

St. Loman's won by 10pts... so Kilkenny of all teams cost me €50 :(

Results on the hurling lads?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,529 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Sir Vival wrote: »
    Great shout. Still can't get over how poor Kilkenny were.

St. Loman's won by 10pts... so Kilkenny of all teams cost me €50 :(

Results on the hurling lads?

Kilkenny have been poor throughout the league so it wasnt a huge surprise. Although the margin of victory certainly was. KK's indiscipline was a huge shock though.

Dublin serious championship contenders now

• Advertisement

Nothing attractive looking in the dublin championship this weekend.. dont' know too much about cork football so maybe someone else might spot something.

Roscommon championship starts weekend after this one, should be a few nice bets then...

The following is the reason that I love club gaa betting.

Western Gaels v St. Aidans @4/5

The odds on this game are way off, western gaels should be 1/3 perhaps even 1/4. Every football follower in Roscommon rate western gaels very highly and are definitely second favourites if not even joint favourites to win the championship outright.

Here's the reasons why they're going to beat Aidans by 5+ points.

(1) They boast four of the counties best players,(1) Cathal Cregg (prob best player in roscommon), mom in connaught final last year and one of the only players to perform well against longford in the league final. (2) Kevin Higgins, strong powerful midfielder/centre forward who was roscommon's second top scorer in the nfl scoring 2 goals and 20+ points (3) Seanie McDermott, Roscommon captain for a few years and a fantastic man marker who rarely puts in an average performance. The gaels also have a couple of members of the county u-21 team who made the connaught final this year. (4) Donal Warde, he's only broken into the county team this year but has already cemented a place getting mom against new york a couple of weeks ago.

(2) Aidans are relegation fodder. They play div. 2 league and although they're unbeaten at the top of this league, they've struggled past a lot of the teams in this division who are junior teams at best. There's certainly nowhere near the standard of teams like western gaels in it... Furthermore Aidans struggled to safety last year so they're on a bit of a slippery slope.

(3) The venue. The game is taking place in Kiltoom, easily Roscommon's best club pitch and it's big and open which will suit the Gaels down to a tee as they have lots of fast powerful expansive players.

Once I seen the price I put €50 straight down on it and am considering putting another fifty on it now. 4/5 will definitely be gone by the weekend, if the bookies have any sense it will be anyways.

Get on now, I'm still shocked at the price...

… It won’t be all plain sailing for Western Gaels… Elphin beat them by 8 points in the first round last year and they were odds on favourites to beat them… They should definitely win, but Aidan’s are a good championship team.. Western Gaels don’t have a great defence… I would have WG’s to win….But not by much:)

… It won’t be all plain sailing for Western Gaels… Elphin beat them by 8 points in the first round last year and they were odds on favourites to beat them… They should definitely win, but Aidan’s are a good championship team.. Western Gaels don’t have a great defence… I would have WG’s to win….But not by much:)

The gaels were down at least 3 regulars that day and the game was played in Elphin who have a strong home record. As well as that Elphin went all the way to the final which shows their pedigree.

I really wouldn't draw to much into a result that happened over a year ago, a lot of their players have progressed including ward and higgins. Furthermore they're doing well in the league which they mostly played minus their 4 county lads..

That's good enough for me, Sure where would ye be if I wasnt pulling ye up on something :)

Western Gaels into 4/7 already... that was quick. I can see them shortening at least to 1/2 by the weekend, still a bit of value there in my opinion.

Will have my thoughts on other games that I like later...

I spotted that Price move alright, you must have gone strong on them :) At 1/2 if they go to that I'll still be happy to take them.

The 3 in Ros I intend taking are W.Geals, St.Faith and Elphin

In Meath which I;ve always found hard to get right there's 4 very short but pretty much sure things. We have Navan O Mahoneys at 2/7, Summerhill at 1/4, Skryne at 1/2 and Senchestown at 1/4. Funnily my banker in this group is Skryne and there the bigger of the odds.

In Galway there looks like a hell of a lot of close games, 4 in particular that could go either way. Hence, Im staying clear of them games and going with the certs again. Corofin at 1/6 look sure things but at 1/6, prob not worth it. Mountbellew at 1/2 and Milltown at 2/5 looks good prices while the nap and once again biggest price is Claregalway @ 8/11. I really fancy them to have a good championship.

In Wexford which I dont know much about but was told the St.Annes and Shemalier both at 1/4 will win, so accum prices available there.

Finally, Donegal half time full time against Antrim at 4/9 is hard to pass up..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭dotsflan

Western Gaels into 4/7 already... that was quick. I can see them shortening at least to 1/2 by the weekend, still a bit of value there in my opinion.

Will have my thoughts on other games that I like later...

their still avaliable @ 8/13 with ladbrokes. im on at 4/5 thanks to you sir vival

I spotted that Price move alright, you must have gone strong on them :) At 1/2 if they go to that I'll still be happy to take them.

The 3 in Ros I intend taking are W.Geals, St.Faith and Elphin

In Meath which I;ve always found hard to get right there's 4 very short but pretty much sure things. We have Navan O Mahoneys at 2/7, Summerhill at 1/4, Skryne at 1/2 and Senchestown at 1/4. Funnily my banker in this group is Skryne and there the bigger of the odds.

In Galway there looks like a hell of a lot of close games, 4 in particular that could go either way. Hence, Im staying clear of them games and going with the certs again. Corofin at 1/6 look sure things but at 1/6, prob not worth it. Mountbellew at 1/2 and Milltown at 2/5 looks good prices while the nap and once again biggest price is Claregalway @ 8/11. I really fancy them to have a good championship.

In Wexford which I dont know much about but was told the St.Annes and Shemalier both at 1/4 will win, so accum prices available there.

Finally, Donegal half time full time against Antrim at 4/9 is hard to pass up..

hmmm not so sure myself about claregalway... St. James are a good side and are underestimated around the county, I reckon they'll sneak a win in this match. I don't know a lot about Meath gaa so i'll keep my mouth shut there.

I'd advise staying away from Elphin at that price. They'll probably win but 4/11 isn't a true reflection of their chances. I'd say 1/2. St. Croans are a spirited team and Elphin haven't been playing the best football of late, think they might be suffering a bit from second championship season woes after failing to win the final last year.

As for St. Faithleachas v Kilmore, it's a hard one to call as Faithleachas aren't going well in the league but this is more to do with lads away and county lads not playing but @ evens with some bookies Faithleachas are a good value bet. At home they're strong and would expect to win by 2/3 points. I'll prob include them in a small double/treble or something.

Castlerea @8/13 with Boyles is a good price also. They're battle hardened and are a real force at home while clan are short one of their best forwards in Dunning. I wouldn't take anything less than 8/13 though as castlerea are always involved in games which can go either way by 1/2 points regardless of who they play.

In the other games in Roscommon, Brigids will beat Ros gaels but no value whatsoever available, and Strokestown on paper should beat kilbride but they're odds are a little on the slim side.

In Galway there is one game I really like the look of. Mountbellew @1/2 to beat annaghdown. I go to college with a few lads from the surrounding area of mountbellew and they reckon they'll give galway a good go this year. They're a young strong team with county seniors bergin and kenny and 3 county u-21's, two of which have been called into senior panel recently. They're playing Annaghdown who'll never be too far from relegation.

dotsflan wrote: »
    their still avaliable @ 8/13 with ladbrokes. im on at 4/5 thanks to you sir vival

It really is a smashing price, was talking to one of the western gaels players today and he and a couple of the other players were talking about going to the bookies to lump on themselves. Don't think he realised the price has shortened. I kept my mouth shut and never mentioned my bet.

Out of interest what other bookies do club gaa...? PP, ladbrokes, Boyles, that it?

It's probably the right time to set up a few accounts to get best prices if I intend to bet a little bigger this season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭storykid

Things didnt go to plan last week with De La Salle drawing in a surprise result, we'l hope for better luck this weekend! :) thanks for the other tips lads

1st round of the sfc in waterford this weekend

Gaultier evens vs Ballinameela evens represents good value imo, Gaultier should be around 1/2 in my eyes, Both teams reached the semi finals last year, Ballinameela surprising everyone on what was their first season in the top grade after promotion, but i feel they will fall victim of second season syndrome as they overachieved massively and that is why they are evens for this game.
    They will be missing their best player and scoring forward which will be a big blow. Gaultier have a massive pick and have some talented payers in their ranks, and on their day are a good side, if they continue on from the run of form that lead them to the semis last year, i cant see past a Gaultier win. They possess better quality players throughout the field. Im expecting them to get off to a winning start here.

Clashmore 13/8 vs Ardmore 8/13

Clashmore are good value here where i feel they should be slight favourites. Clashmore were relegated 2 years ago which was a big surprise to many as they are a decent side, and bounced straight back up last year to the top grade, Ardmore are a poor ageing side with a small pick and were very poor in last years championship losing nearly all their games if i recall correctly, and I cant see any improvement coming in a hurry this year. I feel Clashmore will get off to a winning start here in what is a very winnable game for them. There is not much to choose between the sides but the value lies with Clashmore and i feel they can scrape a win here.

The Nire 1/6 vs Rathgormack i cannot see past Nire. They are many peoples favourite fo the championship along with current champions Stradbally. The Nire have been paired in the same group as Stradbally so to qualify this is a must win game. Id be amazed if they slipped up.

Stradbally 1/4 vs Kilrossanty, again id be very surprised if county champions Stradbally slipped up here, knowing they have to win to get out of what is a tough group. This is a local derby and Kilrossanty can be dangerous on their day, so it wont be so straightforward for a Stradbally win, but even so, Kilrossanty have tried and failed in the championship trying to beat Stradbally in the last few years and i cant see that changing the weekend.

It really is a smashing price, was talking to one of the western gaels players today and he and a couple of the other players were talking about going to the bookies to lump on themselves. Don't think he realised the price has shortened. I kept my mouth shut and never mentioned my bet.

Out of interest what other bookies do club gaa...? PP, ladbrokes, Boyles, that it?

It's probably the right time to set up a few accounts to get best prices if I intend to bet a little bigger this season.

yeah it just those 3 bookies that do the club prices i think but boyles dont seem to give odds for club games in the smaller counties

• Registered Users Posts: 971 ✭✭✭mjp

William hill also offer prices on all club games and are making a big effort on Gaa this year. They don't just copy powers prices either as can be a good variation in prices between them. Betpack also offer prices but id advise to stay away from them as they are a useless operation. Need get everyone on here with accounts with them all and get the info up as early in week as possible so to snap up the value prices. Doesn't take much to shorten a team n these matches.

mjp wrote: »
    William hill also offer prices on all club games and are making a big effort on Gaa this year. They don't just copy powers prices either as can be a good variation in prices between them. Betpack also offer prices but id advise to stay away from them as they are a useless operation. Need get everyone on here with accounts with them all and get the info up as early in week as possible so to snap up the value prices. Doesn't take much to shorten a team n these matches.

cheers for that, i didnt even think to check william hill, just presumed that since they were an english firm they wouldnt go too deep into gaa betting

Results from today's Roscommon games:

St. Faithleachs 0-10 Kilmore 0-11
    St. Brigids 0-10 Roscommon Gaels 0-5

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭User Friendly

Smith O briens should beat Killanena today

Hills price SoB @4/6 this is a good bet imo

Smith O briens should beat Killanena today

Hills price SoB @4/6 this is a good bet imo

Gonna need more info than that...

Western gaels into 1/3 with pp now.

Gonna need more info than that...

Western gaels into 1/3 with pp now.
    :D

like what?

:D

like what?

team information maybe? will the pitch suit their style? local derby? etc

• Advertisement

dotsflan wrote: »
    team information maybe? will the pitch suit their style? local derby? etc

The venue is neutral although both teams will be very familar with it,Smith o briens have been going well in the Hurling league,played 4 won 3,while their oppononts have only 1 point to show from 3 games played in the league. Killanena are new to senior hurling,just promoted from intermediate last year and rely on 1 player for the majority of their scores.

The league is the only form we have to go on,but im combining this with the fact Obriens have been senior a while now and know what senior chamionship is all about,i believe they are good things today at a decent price.

GL if you play!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement