Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GAA Betting

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭Patsy fyre

I look forward!! is paddy power the best for national league markets??

Most likely, however they only cover the top 2 divisions in hurling which really sucks!

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭storykid

gone for this mad accum, 60/1

Monaghan v Galway
    6th of Feb 2011 2:30 pm
    Alternative Handicap
    Galway (-3.0) @ 9/4

Tipperary v Limerick
    Handicap Betting
    Limerick (-1.0) @ 11/10

Louth v Westmeath
    Handicap Betting
    Louth (-1.0) @ evens

Wexford v Waterford
    Handicap Betting
    Wexford (-2.0) @ 11/10

Donegal v Sligo
    5th of Feb 2011 7:30 pm
    Handicap Betting
    Donegal (-2.0) @ 11/10

• Registered Users Posts: 39,527 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

A few early hurling bets ahead of the weekend

Kilkenny 4/5 (PP) v Tipp this weekend in the opening round of the hurling league. Think that KK will be well up for revenge after last September and Cody will be picking a strong team. The AI champions often fare badly in these sort of 'revenge' encounters, plus Tipp's pre-season tournament games amounted to a defeat by WIT while KK beat both NUIG and Laois and ran up decent scores. 4/5 a big price here imo.

Antrim 1/2 (PP) v Kerry. Short priced and away from home I cant see anything other than an Antrim win here against division 2 new boys Kerry. It wasnt so long ago that Antrim beat Dublin to qualify for the All Ireland Quarter Final.

A small bet on Dublin 9/5 (Will Hill) v Waterford. I havent been at all convinced of Waterford pre season, starting games extremely poorly before putting in decent second half performances. Dublin on the other hand beat Galway in a high scoring game that went to the wire. Its a tentative bet as Dublin dont have a great record at all in Walsh Park

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Sir Vival

KevIRL wrote: »

Antrim 1/2 (PP) v Kerry. Short priced and away from home I cant see anything other than an Antrim win here against division 2 new boys Kerry. It wasnt so long ago that Antrim beat Dublin to qualify for the All Ireland Quarter Final.

Like the look of this bet, hopefully they bring a strong team. Can only see this price shortening to 1/3 or even 1/4 by saturday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭Patsy fyre

Sir Vival wrote: »
    Like the look of this bet, hopefully they bring a strong team. Can only see this price shortening to 1/3 or even 1/4 by saturday.

Wouldnt put all my money on this one lads, Antrim can be dodgy on away games no matter who they are playing and Kerry are not as bad as everyone thinks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 Phonics

Kilkenny 4/5 (PP) v Tipp this weekend in the opening round of the hurling league. Think that KK will be well up for revenge after last September and Cody will be picking a strong team. The AI champions often fare badly in these sort of 'revenge' encounters, plus Tipp's pre-season tournament games amounted to a defeat by WIT while KK beat both NUIG and Laois and ran up decent scores. 4/5 a big price here imo.

A small bet on Dublin 9/5 (Will Hill) v Waterford. I havent been at all convinced of Waterford pre season, starting games extremely poorly before putting in decent second half performances. Dublin on the other hand beat Galway in a high scoring game that went to the wire. Its a tentative bet as Dublin dont have a great record at all in Walsh Park

Just actually posted bout Antrim in my log over in the other section, cant believe the price about that,surely cant stay that way!!i am however going against ya and backing waterford and strongly fancy them. Think they will have too much for the dubs but gambling is an opinioated game!!best if luck

Phonics wrote: »
    Just actually posted bout Antrim in my log over in the other section, cant believe the price about that,surely cant stay that way!!i am however going against ya and backing waterford and strongly fancy them. Think they will have too much for the dubs but gambling is an opinioated game!!best if luck

Well I hope Waterford win, seeing as I hold a Waterford season ticket. Like I said I dont think its worth a big big bet, but 2/1 is a nice price on the Dubs, especially considering the Waterford missing list

Hennessy
    Eoin Kelly
    John Mullane
    Kevin Moran
    Aidan Kearney
    Eoin McGrath
    Tony Browne
    Ken McGrath
    Shane Walsh
    Brian O'Halloran
    Liam Lawlor
    Declan Prendergast
    Eoin Murphy

• Registered Users Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

As a Tipp man it hurts me to say it but I fully agree Kev, not really based on the revenge theory or anything like that though, Eoin Kelly is getting married on Friday, there are a number of players injured or been rested that were involved in our delayed u-21 championship, and all the lads will be at the wedding the night before aswell, hardly ideal prep. Plus the team named looks very lightweight particularily upfront, I will be having a max bet on KK - wont be telling anyone in teh local mind you ;)

Bit of a shaky start but once KK got going it was never in doubt. The 4/5 price disappeared by Thursday, hope a few got on. Great start to the hurling punting season

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭seanman is me

why didnt i do this!!!!!!!!! tipp faded a lot in 2nd half as I expected they would!!

• Advertisement

Good weekend, Antrim as expected did the business to add to last nights winnings on KK, Dublin-Waterford finished all sqaure, had Dub on the handicap at +4 so alls good.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Phonics

Just posted this over in the log section....might be of some interest to a few here...............
    After a fairly unlucky start to this challenge last week im hoping to get back into small profit this week with a double on the football.
    Tyrone 1/2- Have had a rocky start to the year with Mickey Hartes 2 bereavements but have impressed me any time they played and that even includes their loss to Derry. Donegal were very lucky in round 1 to escape with a draw against Sligo who had a pretty experimental side out and i think Tyrone with home advantage on what is sure to be another emotional occasion for them will be too strong
    Laois 4/9- Laois to me were the surprise of the opening day with a decent victory over Meath. Although only based on 1 peformance they seemed to return to playing with a bit of fire which they have been missing over the last few years. Again though the weakness of the opposition is factored into this bet as i believe Antrim are now at a level that is just too far above them. A big defeat at home on the opening day will have done them no favors as over the last 2 seasons they have been very formidable at home so its Laois for me.
    3 points double with 15% of bank on the line
    Current Bank-450
    Total stake-£67.50
    Potential Return-£146.25

Its the handicap betting in the hurling that interests me most this week.

Main bet is Wexford (+5) @ 11/10 v Waterford PP. Wexford will be smarting from their hiding in Galway and will also have the Ooulart the Ballagh lads back, Waterford are still operating on reduced capacity with injuries, older players rested and the DLS lads still involved in the club championship. Waterford will probably win, but 5 points is a big start in this weather, when games are often low scoring enough tight affairs, 11/10 a great price imo

Also worth a look is Dublin (+4) @ 10/11 v Tipp with PP. I'm wary of the Tipp bounceback, but Dublin were excellent particulary in the first half last week against Waterford, Daly had the players well drilled and it showed from the start. The game being in Croker is a disadvantage to Dublin, who remember beat Tipp last year in the league. With the 4 points the Dubs might very well sneak home

2 Division 2 bets I've looked at involving Northern teams. Down @ 8/5 v Kerry with PP , Down got off to a good start last week v Carlow and despite the long journey I'd fancy them here. Antrim 11/4 v Clare with PP - the game is on up North and Clare got off to a shocker last weekend shipping a heavy defeat against Limerick. I'll probably avoid backing this, as a Clare defeat means their league is effectively over and a third year in Div 2 in a row, this will probably spur them onto a win - but its tempting at that price

2 pts Wexford +5 @ 11/10
    1.5 pts Down @ 8/5
    1 pt Dublin + 4 @ 10/11

Oh ya...Also DLS in the semi final of the club championship this weekend v Clarinbridge. Have DLS backed at 25/1 to win the All Ireland since last October when they won Waterford.

gogogogogogo

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Cartel Mike

Tyrone ht/ft @ evens v Donegal.

Yea its the obvious mugs bet of saturday's matches and i really should take the outright Tyrone win(1/2) but i'll take my chances with the double result.
    Its a toss up between this or Tyr -2(evens) but i reckon this is the lesser of the 2 evils.

Probable Mugs bet but there ya go.

Also thought of taking Dublin+1 (5/6) against Cork but christ i don't wanna put myself through that.

Good luck.

Oh ya...Also DLS in the semi final of the club championship this weekend v Clarinbridge. Have DLS backed at 25/1 to win the All Ireland since last October when they won Waterford.

gogogogogogo

Christ. Heartbreak. What a game though. Clarinbridge win by a point with a goal 1 minute into injury time at the end of extra time

• Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

Feel sick for dls. Easily one of the most exciting games of hurling i've ever seen, if not the most exciting. Even the end of normal time was great

Main bet is Wexford (+5) @ 11/10 v Waterford PP. Wexford will be smarting from their hiding in Galway and will also have the Ooulart the Ballagh lads back, Waterford are still operating on reduced capacity with injuries, older players rested and the DLS lads still involved in the club championship. Waterford will probably win, but 5 points is a big start in this weather, when games are often low scoring enough tight affairs, 11/10 a great price imo

Also worth a look is Dublin (+4) @ 10/11 v Tipp with PP. I'm wary of the Tipp bounceback, but Dublin were excellent particulary in the first half last week against Waterford, Daly had the players well drilled and it showed from the start. The game being in Croker is a disadvantage to Dublin, who remember beat Tipp last year in the league. With the 4 points the Dubs might very well sneak home

2 Division 2 bets I've looked at involving Northern teams. Down @ 8/5 v Kerry with PP , Down got off to a good start last week v Carlow and despite the long journey I'd fancy them here. Antrim 11/4 v Clare with PP - the game is on up North and Clare got off to a shocker last weekend shipping a heavy defeat against Limerick. I'll probably avoid backing this, as a Clare defeat means their league is effectively over and a third year in Div 2 in a row, this will probably spur them onto a win - but its tempting at that price

2 pts Wexford +5 @ 11/10
    1.5 pts Down @ 8/5
    1 pt Dublin + 4 @ 10/11

Off to a good start with The Dubs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭dotsflan

Ive gone for a double today of Kilkenny -2 v cork and down to beat galway. works out at around EVS for the double.

2 pts Wexford +5 @ 11/10
    1.5 pts Down @ 8/5
    1 pt Dublin + 4 @ 10/11

The Wexford and Dublin bets landed handily enough, surpised that Down didnt win down in Kerry though.

Div 2 looking a little unpredicatable at the mo with Carlow beating Laois today as well, Antrim ran Clare to 1 point also

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Sir Vival

dotsflan wrote: »
    Ive gone for a double today of Kilkenny -2 v cork and down to beat galway. works out at around EVS for the double.

Didn't see the 2nd half but can only assume it was a case of taking the foot of the pedal...?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭dotsflan

Sir Vival wrote: »
    Didn't see the 2nd half but can only assume it was a case of taking the foot of the pedal...?

i dont know what happened them, they had a goal disallowed, martin coleman smothered what looked like a certain goal for fennelly. just one of those days i think!!

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭dougal-maguire

anyone know anything about carlow in the U21s tonight?they made the leinster minor final 4 years ago,and brought dublin to extra time in this grade last year.i have never heard of anything about wicklow underage football,so dont know what they're like.anyone think carlow are worth a few euro?

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭GAA_PUNTER

Latest updates
    Carlow 2-07 0-05 Wicklow, Carlow IT, 7.30pm
    Laois 0-04 1-06 Westmeath, Potlaoise, 7.30pm
    Meath 0-10 0-05 Dublin, Pairc Tailteann, 7.30pm
    Wexford 1-11*1-05 Louth, Enniscourthy, 7.30pm
    http://bit.ly/gFrtY7

Not a whole load jumping out at me this weekend in the hurling tbh.

Early glance just really shows Dublin - 2 @ evs v Offaly. Dublin are in flying form, playing really well and Daly has them well drilled as a unit as well. Conal Keaney a huge addition, and despite being away from home should overcome the 2 point handicap.

Will have a look at the other games closer to the weekend, especially Cork v Galway, reckon Galway @ 11/8 could be worth a pop here.

For now, just the 2pts on Dublin -2 @ evs with PP

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Clemon

Early glance just really shows Dublin - 2 @ evs v Offaly. Dublin are in flying form, playing really well and Daly has them well drilled as a unit as well. Conal Keaney a huge addition, and despite being away from home should overcome the 2 point handicap.

Will have a look at the other games closer to the weekend, especially Cork v Galway, reckon Galway @ 11/8 could be worth a pop here.

Dunno bout galway, Have loaaads of injuries unfortuantely.
    Ive gone for tipp to beat waherford myself. Could be a tight game just think tipp will have enough

• Registered Users Posts: 971 ✭✭✭mjp

Watched the sigerson football matches today and having seen both semis i think ucc are a great bet to beat Uuj tomorrow at 6/4 with William hill. I have also had a nice bet on them @ 11/2 to win by 1-2 points. This is going to be a tight game between two tired sides and they are a team who won't put big scores against teams and whilst they don't have the stars of the other colleg they are a well balanced side.

A small bet on no goals @ 10/3 is worth a few pounds as goal chances in these matches are hard come by as todays matches showed

Gonna take on Galway @ 11/8 and Galway +1 @ 11/10. I think Galway are looking decent and despite Cork's good second half against Kilkenny, I think that Galway will be well strong enough here, and should definitely be below evs favourites for this match

Tipp @ 4/9 v Waterford is practically free money imo. Waterford still with a badly weakened team due to DLS players given some well deserved time off, injuries and resting some of the older lads. Tipp at home and a must win for them they will oblige imo.

So a few singles and some doubles and a treble for sh!tzngiggles

• Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

got on tipp at 4/11! price obviously moved before the off, 4/11 on PP and bet365. Coupled them with barca in the footie to make up the difference, a measly 0.51/1 for the double!! as long as she comes in I don't mind!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭dougal-maguire

i love u21 football,have singles on westmeath and meath.i also have a single on tipp,cannot see them being beat.in minor in 2008 they beat waterford by 10 points,got to the munster final and drew with kerry in the first game and lost the replay.they were also very strong last year in the u21 and were in the final the three years before that,despite only one of those teams making a minor final before that. odds are only 1/4 but would be worth throwing into a double.im going to see if i can get carlow on the handicap,i think they could cause a surprise and get to the leinster final,if not win it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement