Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GAA Betting

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭Clubmad

Cheers Sir Vival for the updates, a lot of bullets dodged there, unlucky for those that backed strokestown to win in a single.

I'm glad I switched clann na G out for Leinster @ 2/5, made me sweat or it though.
    A lot of Galway hurling games called off yesterday so my one fancy Breagh didn't play.

I see kilcar, glenswilly and ros gaels have all gone in in price, here's hoping it's a good sign!

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭rodmn2377

Disaster of a weekend I did a treble of Ross club games Ross Gaels,kilmore and clann Gael.Clann let in a last minute goal to draw the game.

I also did an accum Clare +14 let me down so the gaa really went against me...

Cant believe both Cork and Kerry beat the Spread Handicaps of +11 and +14....personally didnt see that happening.:mad: Leitrim and Longford handicaps were a stroll in the park however. I suppose that's the risk you run with going aganst great teams, maybe lesson learnt? Probably not though :)

Rossies games that we were all weary off proved right aswell with Strokestown v Castlerea been the one to avoid.

In Donegal, Kilcar who were 8/11 and I'd been told would win by 5/6 won by 8 but unfortunatlely Glenswilly drew, 0-6 - 0-6, sounds like a fasinating game :)

All in all, was very close to a Solid weekend......Roll on next weekend :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭dotsflan

Looking at the early prices for this weekend, I think Dublin will easily cover the handicap against my own county, offaly. Things are not good in the camp. They are missing the whole full back line that played against tipperary last year. These include David Franks and James Rigney, probably the best two defenders in offaly for the last 2-3 years. Their also missing the influential Joe brady at centre forward who will be a big loss against dublin because of the physical element he brings.
    Also from chatting some of the players, things are far from rosey within the camp, the majority of the players do not want to play under joe dooley and this is almost certainly going to be his final year in charge

So all in all, I would recommend a bet on Dublin -4 @ 10/11 with bet365 or if your feeling brave go bigger on the alternative handicap. PP are going 21/10 for -8. I cant see offaly being within 10 pts of dublin in croke park. I of course hope they win but in gambling you cant let your heart rule your head

I think your Bang on their Dotsflan, can’t see Offaly holding the Dubs to anything bar 7/8 points so a -4 for the Dubs seems a great bet. Could be worth the single for the weekend to recoup a possible accum loss bet......

My view on the other games are as follows:

Tipp Should dispose of Cork, heard rumours of unrest in the Cork Camp and think Tipp will push on from a reasonable lge but at 4/11 doesn’t look like much value and to figure out a spread think I would be just guessing so no bet there

Wexford v Antrim.....Who Bloody knows, Wexford could win by 8 and Antrim could Actually cause an upset in my Eyes....STAY AWAY!

Offaly v Wexford in the Football......Offaly did well against Mayo in a recent Challenge game, still depending on McManus however. I think Wexford are coming into Champo quietly confident of a good run, have the quick forwards to that can do damage and I fancy them by a few to spare....@ 10/11 looks very much a value bet as well.

Mayo v London......I saw the spread of +15 and nearly jumped into my PP account straight away, then I did some research, last time they played in 06 there was 14 in it....London got wiped by very poor teams in the lge by 10 points plus easy.....The whole thing I said about learning lesson about backing against a good team in the Handicap, question remains, would we classify Mayo as one of those teams? One point to note is all the goals they seem to be scoring could see 15 points seem very small...........

Armagh v Down....Actually Fancy Armagh, they impressed me in the league a lot more then Down did. I know Down were in the All Ireland final last year but to me there one of those teams that were in a final more so then been a Cork or Kerry....Armagh have enough experience and have home advantage, at 6/4 think they’re worth it.......however the safety bet cause it will be close it +3 @ 1/2........

Club Games to follow..........

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,525 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

All aboard the Dublin value train this weekend. -5 @ evs with PP with cracking imo, think on the wide open space of Croker they are gonna stuff an Offaly side in all sorts of trouble after getting relegated despite all the odds. Dublin by 7-9 (4/1) and Dublin by 10-12 (6/1) also worth a look. Dublin to score first, lead at HT and win the match 7/5 is basically a bet on Dublin scoring first. Dublin -10 @ 10/3 on the alternative handicap as well. Choo choo

• Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

Gone for Dublin on the handicap + Waterford (4/9) + Tipp (4/11) outright. Reasons for Dublin outlined above. Waterford should be too strong for Limerick and had a decent league campaign whilst incorporating a lot of youngsters into the starting 15. Tipp won't want to lose to Cork again like last year and Cork camp probably not the happiest at the minute.

think the odds are a little less than 3/1

You going hanging around till June 12th for the Waterford game Jive :D

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Sir Vival

Reckon I'll go with Dublin(-3) @8/13. I know Offaly are in a sorry state but league isn't championship and the dubs will be expected to deliver a big win, so i'll err on the side of caution...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

Not too sure about Dublin either - they can be hit and miss. Ok they should win and minus 4 pts with Bet365 isnt bad but wouldnt go crazy on it in the first round of the Champ. Offaly can be dangerous on their day as was seen v Galway last year.

• Advertisement

Clubmad wrote: »
    You going hanging around till June 12th for the Waterford game Jive :D

ha if it the bet makes it that far I'll be happy!!

theres talk here in offaly that brian carroll and derek molloy arent fully fit!! if this is true then their also massive losses and the team that ive heard will be starting doesnt look too impressive apart from the full forward line but il try keep ye updates

Tipp - 3 vs Cork (10/11) also looks very good. Tipp should easily beat Cork, the only slight concern I'd have is that they might not give too much of a ****e either way. The retarded way the hurling qualifiers are set up means that whoever loses the first round game in Munster gets a far easier path through the qualifiers - in with the likes of Carlow, Laois, Westmeath etc. Whereas the provincial semi final losers play each other - so in with Galway/Dublin and Wexford more than likely. Still with Tipp having come through the qualifiers last year I can see them wanting to go the more straightforward way this year and should polish off a Cork team very much in transition

Just had a flick through the markets on offer in the various games this weekend so far. Under 29.5pts @5/6 in the Offaly/Wexford game stood out. Although both teams averaged in and around 14pts a game in the league, this total is big... at least as big as i've seen most games total points markets in the last couple of years. The game looks like a very tight affair to me and hopefully the blustery weather of last weekend will continue into this weekend and keeps it low scoring.

I've doubled this with Dublin(-3) in the hurling @8/13

€20 returns €59.23

Lads,

Might be a bit late on this Shout but 2 Galway Hurling and 2 Kilkenny Hurling Club Champo's tonight....

Breagh in Galway who I was on about last week and the game was called off is one off the games tonight, obvioulsy sticking to my guns here and fancy them to win. Both havent lost in Champo, Craughwell winning 2 from 2 and Beagh winning there game by 18 points. C/Well also played that team and won by 6, I know that's not a science but last years semi finalists Breagh @ 11/10 look value.

Ardrahan have lost there opening 2 games, one agasint a pooor Kiltormer team. T Abbey were unlucky against table Toppers An Carnmore and should have more to give in this match....T ABBEY @ 1/2

In Kilkenny, Ballyheale Shams agasint one of the worst teams in the Champo is a cert, cant see anything less then 10 point margin, hence the 1/6, enough said.
    Carrickshock v Dicksboro is the second game, Carrick will be dissapoointed not to get to a semi this year and should have plenty to spare 4+ points, there at 4/9

All in all 5.2/1 so just over 4's.........set ye up for the weekend or else more scrambleing :)

If your looking for one game though the Value is Beagh.........

its just got worse for offaly!! centre back rory hanniffy is out for sunday with a wrist injury!! an absolute massive loss.

More confidence for the Dubs :) Like to hear that!

As for last nights 4 fold accum..........3 out of 4 !

In Kilkenny Both Carrickshock and Ballyhale won by 9 points
    In Galway T Abbey won, no score but they won and Beagh, my big fancy beaten 1-14 - 0-15 points...:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭rossit

anyone got any views on wexford vs antrim i thinking plus 6 for antrim is alot considering wexfords form

rossit wrote: »
    anyone got any views on wexford vs antrim i thinking plus 6 for antrim is alot considering wexfords form

Wexford's form is pretty good. Beat Cork and drew with Tipp in Thurles in the last 2 league games to stay in Div 1. They finished the league strongly. I think the bookies are pretty bang on with the 6 points. Will be keeping away from this one

I like the look of Dotsy o callaghan to score over 2.5 pts @ 8/11 with ladbrokes, if he is marking michael verney then id expect him to have a few chances, verney tends to let his man out in front and in the wide spaces of croker that could be a very damgerous tactic!

• Advertisement

Well i dont know what to say about offaly today, they were brilliant considering the team they had out and i think it was shown today that league form really does go out the window for championship! I apologise if anyone went in big on the handicap following the advise i gave on this thread but in all honesty if dublin had ambitions of winning an all ireland they should have beaten offaly comfortably today.

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Cartel Mike

dotsflan wrote: »
    Well i dont know what to say about offaly today, they were brilliant considering the team they had out and i think it was shown today that league form really does go out the window for championship! I apologise if anyone went in big on the handicap following the advise i gave on this thread but in all honesty if dublin had ambitions of winning an all ireland they should have beaten offaly comfortably today.

Dubin were 8-9 points ahead with only 10 or so mins to go so i wouldn't apologise.

Freak ending to the game.

Most definetly no need for any Apoligies......:)

Working on Next weekend Already...............

• Registered Users Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

Tyrone at 2-1 for the Ulster Champ looks alright to me. If they get past Monaghan on Sunday, they will play prob Donegal in the semi, so will avoid Armagh/Derry till the final

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭davedfc

Tyrone -3 @ evens:eek: I'll be having a bit off that.

Gonna try my hand at player scoring markets this weekend. Here's the ones I fancy...

Graham Reilly under 2.5pts @10/11. On his day he's capable of getting 3pts but the Meath camp has to be all over the place and surely some players must be peeved with the recent goings on. Mcgeeney will know Reilly is a big threat coming onto ball so i'd expect someone will be man marking him.

Alan Brogan under 2.5pts @6/5. Again he's got the potential to put score but his last few seasons have been more of a playmaker role with bernard brogan and connolly this year providing the bulk of the scores. I just hope that Laois can contain the dubs and play a defensive game and then this bet should be very solid.

Colm Begley under 0.5pts @5/4. The bookies have tightened up a bit with Begley but I still reckon he won't score. He had one shot against longford but apart from that was in his own half the whole game. I'll take my chance of him playing a similiar game this week.

€10 on each...

Opinions welcome.

yuck just saw the Dublin result had them -4 :( Also had Tipp (won easy) and Waterford (to run) but it was part of a treble. Oh well!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭glanman

16:00 Sarsfields v Cloyne 1/8 14/1 9/2

18:00 Fr O Neills v Meelin 11/8 8/1 8/13

19:30 Ballymartle v Newtownshandrum 11/4 10/1 2/7

19:30 St Catherines v Bandon 13/8 9/1
    1/2
    Watergrasshill v Tracton 6/4 9/1 4/7
    19:00 Kilworth v Blackrock 2/5 9/1 2/1

For those interested in Cork I have gone for Meelin, Newtown, Bandon, Tracton and Kilworth. Bandon are the bet of the weekend, great form, young fast and one of the favourites in this grade. Catherines will do well to stay up... Kilworth also represent a very good bet at 2/5.

Meelin are all ireland junior champions and will be well up for this their first intermediate championship game. Ballymartle just up to senior but newtown should have enough, a few to spare. Tracton should also have plenty to spare on the 'Hill.

Sars are basically a cert, but at 8/1 on didn't feel it was worth the risk, just in case...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭yesno1234

Bernard Brogan at 5/1 (Paddy Power) first goalscorer tomorrow seems good to me. Most likely Dublin goalscorer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Radonman

I like the pp power play, Kildare, Tyrone, Dublin all to win 7/4, I normally run from the power play but this loks good. Also the over 2.5 goals looks good @ 13/8 - laois will need goals if there going to stand a chance

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement