Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GAA Betting

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Hender

Stephen O' Neill AT Goalscorer - 11/4....Anyone else think this is TOO good to pass up?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭Dailynaps

Have gone for Meath to score >16.5 points @ 11/10 in running, can see them getting a few goals.

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Sir Vival

Sir Vival wrote: »

Graham Reilly under 2.5pts @10/11

Alan Brogan under 2.5pts @6/5

Colm Begley under 0.5pts @5/4.

€10 on each...

Opinions welcome.

2 out of 3 ain't bad. Reilly was held scoreless and begley the same. Brogan got 3pts but I reckon if laois didn't put their heads down, he wouldn't have got the 3rd point. However, brogan had a gud game overall so I won't hold it against him...

EDIT: Just watched the news there and saw begley getting a peach of a point from 50 yards. I didn't see all of the match but saw most of it nd the match tracker i was following mentioned nothin about begley scoring.

1 out of 3 ain't so good... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Radonman

Radonman wrote: »
    I like the pp power play, Kildare, Tyrone, Dublin all to win 7/4, I normally run from the power play but this loks good. Also the over 2.5 goals looks good @ 13/8 - laois will need goals if there going to stand a chance

I hope a few got on the pp power play! only for Laois's keeper having a cracker the over would have won too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭glanman

glanman wrote: »
    16:00 Sarsfields v Cloyne 1/8 14/1 9/2

18:00 Fr O Neills v Meelin 11/8 8/1 8/13

19:30 Ballymartle v Newtownshandrum 11/4 10/1 2/7

19:30 St Catherines v Bandon 13/8 9/1
    1/2
    Watergrasshill v Tracton 6/4 9/1 4/7
    19:00 Kilworth v Blackrock 2/5 9/1 2/1

For those interested in Cork I have gone for Meelin, Newtown, Bandon, Tracton and Kilworth. Bandon are the bet of the weekend, great form, young fast and one of the favourites in this grade. Catherines will do well to stay up... Kilworth also represent a very good bet at 2/5.

Meelin are all ireland junior champions and will be well up for this their first intermediate championship game. Ballymartle just up to senior but newtown should have enough, a few to spare. Tracton should also have plenty to spare on the 'Hill.

Sars are basically a cert, but at 8/1 on didn't feel it was worth the risk, just in case...

All teams won bar Meelin who lost after extra time... Sars were shaky by all accounts winning by 3 in the end.

Meelin lost last night so put another accum on today with the ones which were on today and a few senior intercounty games today which came up nicely at 13/2 or so. Also had a nice in running bet on kerry yesterday so all in all :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 971 ✭✭✭mjp

Early prices up from William Hill for majority of club football games this weekend.
    Kerry,Cork, Longford,Mayo Sligo,Meath and Dublin club matches all priced up so surely must be some bit of value to be found out there.Powers have also priced up some of the above caunties matches.

Be great to hear a bit of local knowledge from any of the above counties as to who we should follow for the coming weekend

mjp wrote: »
    Early prices up from William Hill for majority of club football games this weekend.
    Kerry,Cork, Longford,Mayo Sligo,Meath and Dublin club matches all priced up so surely must be some bit of value to be found out there.Powers have also priced up some of the above caunties matches.

Be great to hear a bit of local knowledge from any of the above counties as to who we should follow for the coming weekend

I know its a little hassle but can someone post the odds in these, as I can't access bookies in work and for some reason PP on my phone doesn't do club games... Should have some good insight into cork games this weekend...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭Clubmad

I'll have reports on Sligo, Mayo and Meath games from others and once I do will post the views.

As for Cork, think there's only 2 games if not mistaken, odds below:

Newcestown 2/5 v St Nicholas 9/4
    Clonakilty 4/11 v Valley Rovers 5/2

Kerry:

Feale Rangers 4/11 v Kilcummin 5/2

Laune Rangers 4/11 v East Kerry 11/4

St Kierans 4/9 v Kenmare 21/10
    Mid Kerry evens v Dingle evens

St Michaels Foilmore 6/4 v Kerins O'Rahillys 4/6

Rathmore evens v West Kerry evens

Austin Stacks 1/4 v Ardfert 7/2

Gneeveguilla 11/2 v Dr Crokes 1/10

All of these on this weekend so should be there, some hurling, some football...

Friday 10th June
    @ Carrigtwohill, S.H.C. S.H.C. Bishopstown v Midleton, 7.30p.m. (Conor Lane)
    @ Mourne Abbey, I.H.C. Milford v Eire Og, 7.30p.m. (Eamonn Sheehy)
    @ Glenville, I.F.C. Glanmire v Kilavullen, 7.30p.m. (Miah Moynihan)

Saturday 11th June
    @ Pairc Ui Chaoimh, S.H.C. Douglas v Blackrock, 7.30p.m. (Cathal McAlastair)
    @ Pairc Ui Chaoimh, S.H.C. Cloyne v Ballymartle, 5.45 p.m. (John Sexton)
    @ Ovens, Premier I.F.C., Naomh Aban v Carrigaline 7.30 p.m.(David White)
    @ Milford, I.H.C. Dromina v Kanturk, 7.30p.m. (Peter Downey)
    @ Riverstown, S.H.C. Erins Own v Bride Rovers, 7.30 p.m. (Colm Lyons)

Sunday 12th June
    @ Pairc Ui Rinn, S.H.C. C.I.T. v Imokilly, 6.30 p.m.(Diarmuid Kirwan)
    @ Pairc Ui Rinn, S.H.C., U.C.C. v Muskerry, 8 p.m. (James Dorgan)
    @ Ballinaspittle, S.F.C. Clonakilty v Valley Rovers, 3.30p.m. (James Birmingham)
    @ Ballydesmond, Premier I.F.C. Kiskeam v Newmarket, 3.30p.m.(Pat O'Leary)
    @ Kilworth, I.F.C. Glanworth v Fermoy, 3.45p.m. (Ger Sweeney)

Neither Paddy or Will Hill have any off them games from what I can see.....maybe later in the day!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 971 ✭✭✭mjp

Big difference in hills and powers prices on few of the Kerry games. One that stands out is Laune rangers against West Kerry.

Powers go 4/11 about Laune rangers but are available 4/5 in hills. Id advise to get on the 4/5 quickly as mightnt last too long as me and a few friends have had a nice few quid on there this morning and cant see price lasting too long.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭funnyname

mjp wrote: »
    Big difference in hills and powers prices on few of the Kerry games. One that stands out is Laune rangers against West Kerry.

Powers go 4/11 about Laune rangers but are available 4/5 in hills. Id advise to get on the 4/5 quickly as mightnt last too long as me and a few friends have had a nice few quid on there this morning and cant see price lasting too long.

Laune Rangers v East Kerry

Glanmire 1/2 v Killavullen 15/8

Newcestown 2/5 v St Nicholas 9/4

Naomh Aban 4/6 v Carrigaline 7/5

Clonakilty 4/11 v Valley Rovers 5/2
    Kiskeam 11/8 v Newmarket 4/6

Glanworth 1/1 v Fermoy 10/11

• Registered Users Posts: 39,526 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Wexford +8 @ 5/6 v KK well worth a look imo. Down in Wexford park, packed crowd (looks like its going to be sold out) and Wexford hurling on a high after the u-21's beat KK during the week.

Wouldnt entirely rule out a Wex win, but think they can run KK close anyway.

PP have smartened up a bit with their odds on club games. They've gotten the Sligo games spot on in my opinion.

One interesting game for me in longford is killoe (emmet og) @evens vs. Mostrim. Killoe are the better footballing side and if the weather is half decent should have too much energy for Mostrim. Mostrim are battle hardened but don't offer a huge scoring threat unlike their opponents. Will probably have a medium sized single on Killoe.

There's nothing very exciting to me in the games in Mayo either, I'd wait for a couple or rounds to be played before wagering any money on the games here.

One bet to look out for when it's made available. Due to the Roscommon Leitrim match being televised, PP should have scorer markets up. If Donie Shine under 7.5pts or even 6.5pts is available at 4/6 or better, I'll be snapping it up. He's not in the best of form this year and Senan Kilbride will take over from frees on the right hand side. I'm sure Leitrim will have a plan to stop Shine also. I'd even take under 5.5pts if I'm honest..

Keep the opinions coming

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Derek!

Killoe are 11/8 at the moment on Will Hill and Ladbrokes if your backin them

I'd find it very hard to go against Kilkenny, they have the Ability to destroy a team, if they scored and early goal or so could be a riot......Going against the great teams in the Spread has hurt me this season already, Kerry, Cork etc.......

Mayo Championship:

There is 8 games this weekend, only 4 games where there's either value of will defo win:

Ballintubber @ 2/5 v Westport .....Ballintubber are County Champions, Westport havent got out of there group in years, at 2/5 it's a steal as far as I can see. Alan Dillon plays for Ballintubber also

Claremorris @ 8/13 v Tourmakeady .....This is Tourmakeadys first year in Senior, they won a poor inter Championship last year. Calremorris form has been quite good so far this season and been at home is a massive advantage to them, my Nap for the weekend

Charlestown v Ballagderren @ Evens........two big hitters here, Charlestown old team though with wise heads and Balla all young lads with unreal movement....have to think Balla by 4+ ...Balla had a Shocking season last year after winnning the County Championship in 2008, however looks like there back on track now. Charlestown are down a few players from last season also, everything here points to a Balla win

Ballinrobe v Breaffy @ 11/8.......Breaffy are Second favourites to qualify from group, Ballinrobe are favourites to win in Bookies, so doesnt make sense. From what I can see it will be a tight affair but with Breaffy having the two County O'Shea lads I think there good for the win.

Sligo:

6 Games in Sligo with only 3 worth betting on:

St Molaise Gaels @ 4/11 V Easkey ....St Mol were beaten by harps last year and are in terrific form in Div 1 at the moment, Easkey dont have anything to suggust they can turn this around St Mol +6

Geevagh V St Mary's @ Evens ...........Mary's are very hard to call, they seem to blow hot and cold, however Geevagh are down a good few players from last year and if Marys preform at-all they'll see this one true.

Ballymote Round Towers v CooleraStrandhill @ 4/5 .......Both teams seem to be going backwards in fairness but feelings are Ballymote will keep going and Coolera have the players and Management to turn things around

Meath:

8 games in Meath this Weekend with only 3 one could bet on

Trim v Wolfe Tones @ 1/5 .....short price here and Tones are down 2/3 players with Injury, however Trim are one of the poorest teams in Meath Senior football and wont get any change from this game

Summerhill @ 1/3 v Simonstown G ...Another Short price. Summerhill are 3 from 3, looking very impressive. Simonstown are 1 from 3 and seem to be leaking scores , 6 goals in 3 games....Summerhill by 3+

Duleek/Bellewstown v St Pats @ 5/6 .......Duleek have lost both opening games, it will definelty be tight hence the prices but 4/7 or 1/2 would be a more realistic price for Pats ....they should come through with 2 to spare

Take your Pick :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭barnaclebill

Anyone know if any of the big bookies are offering prices for the Louth Championship, can seem to locate them although Paddy Power had them last year and had a couple of the games...

U can ring Paddy's and Just ask them to put it up for you.........

In the Cork games I would be backing Glanmire (not my club) for sure at 1/2. Killavullen are on the way down, lot of decent players lost. Glanmire are going well in the league but lost last week by 9 pts. Their hurling counterparts though were playing championship that day so they would have been missing players for that so that explains that loss a lot.

Kanturk to beat dromina and Eire Og to beat Milford look good too. Douglas should also have more than enough against Blackrock.

I think Carrigaline against Naomh Aban should be the other way around in odds so might pop them into a accum to drive up the odds but this will be tight I reckon.

A lot of the other games will be too close to call but if any other wants to add more thoughts feel free!

On intercounty games I like the look of Wexford in Football, had a fantastic result in first round and Westmeath should be very beatable for them.

Good few games on TV so probably do some in running as well...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Derek!

Thanks for all the info lads, might do an accum with some of your picks

• Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

Sir Vival wrote: »
    One bet to look out for when it's made available. Due to the Roscommon Leitrim match being televised, PP should have scorer markets up. If Donie Shine under 7.5pts or even 6.5pts is available at 4/6 or better, I'll be snapping it up. He's not in the best of form this year and Senan Kilbride will take over from frees on the right hand side. I'm sure Leitrim will have a plan to stop Shine also. I'd even take under 5.5pts if I'm honest..

Keep the opinions coming

http://www.paddypower.com/bet/gaa-matches/gaa-football-matches/Leitrim-v-Roscommon-2698976.html?force_racing_css=N

just 4.5 unfortunately :( 6/5 though for unders...

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭seanman is me

upperchurch at evens in tipperary worth a punt, wont be much in it but they should win by a few

Summerhill beaten by sim Gaels last night 13 - 7......WTF

In the Cork games I would be backing Glanmire (not my club) for sure at 1/2. Killavullen are on the way down, lot of decent players lost. Glanmire are going well in the league but lost last week by 9 pts. Their hurling counterparts though were playing championship that day so they would have been missing players for that so that explains that loss a lot.

Kanturk to beat dromina and Eire Og to beat Milford look good too. Douglas should also have more than enough against Blackrock.

I think Carrigaline against Naomh Aban should be the other way around in odds so might pop them into a accum to drive up the odds but this will be tight I reckon.

A lot of the other games will be too close to call but if any other wants to add more thoughts feel free!

On intercounty games I like the look of Wexford in Football, had a fantastic result in first round and Westmeath should be very beatable for them.

Good few games on TV so probably do some in running as well...

Glanmire win by 6 and eire og win by 7... I didn't get them in on time though lol...

jive wrote: »

I'll probably still put €20 or €30 on at that price. 5pts is still a big target for a man who's off form. Tomorrow's weather is meant to be a wash-out and the pitch in carrick is very tight meaning he's going to get no space to score many from play. I'm sure leitrim will be well drilled not to give away silly frees and mcEananey is reffing so you can be sure nothing easy will be given. If I go for it, I'll cover myself with Shine MoM on ladbrokes @7.5/1. Rte like to pick familiar names for MoM and if he gets 5pts or more he'll probably get it.

Anything sticking out to people in the Kilkenny/Wexford match today? Interesting how pp go over/under 10.5pts for Shefflin while ladbrokes go 8.5pts...

results in Westport v ballintuber, St Moalaise v Easkey and Claremorris v Touramkeady appreciated...

results in Westport v ballintuber, St Moalaise v Easkey and Claremorris v Touramkeady appreciated...

Molaise Gaels won 1-15 to 0-9, no results up for the mayo games you've listed yet..

Cheers, doesn't matter now anyway, Carrigaline drew, Naomh Aban got a goal with 2 mins to go to go a point up and carrig equalised...

Kanturk won handy but Douglas lost in Cork which was a surprise...

• Advertisement

mayo results glanman all went to plan, ballintubber winning easy, claremorris won by 4 also. Marys and St Molaise won well in Sligo aswell....

In Meath St Pats were beat by a point, don't know about anyone else but last time betting on Meath football......

As for Kilkenny, never back against a great team :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement