Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GAA Betting

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Sir Vival

Westmeath into 4/11 from 4/9

Meath into 1/5 from 1/3

Tipperary into 1/7 from 1/4

Obviously best prices are got the day the matches go up. Having said that keep an eye on Mayo v Roscommon u-21 match at the weekend. Anything around 4/6 on a mayo win, i'll be all over, will do a write-up later. The price should start better than this though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Super Split

I'm gonna go for:

Mayo U-21s 4/9
    Roscommon 4/7
    Tyrone 1/3 providing it goes ahead
    Dublin 8/15

• Registered Users Posts: 39,525 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Cant find any value in the hurling this week, so am taking a pass.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭dougal-maguire

fermanaghs odds for tonights game have drifted to 4/1,i hate betting against my own county but this seems massively overpriced,surely worth a few euro.

Cork @ 5/4 V Tipp looks good this weekend. Cork at home, smarting from a close loss to Waterford last time out. Tipp with Eoin Kelly and Brendan Maher out injured are huge loss to them, also its questionable how much they will be in this game with the upcoming championship game between the 2 counties, whereas I feel Cork will be looking for some small psychological advantage to take into that game

I have a sneaking suspcision that Waterford might take KK this weekend. Its based on not much more than a hunch though and will have a small bet @ 11/4

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭dotsflan

kilkenny have named a very strong line up and maurice shanahan is also out for waterford. i cant see anything other then a 7 or 8 pt win for kilkenny

dotsflan wrote: »
    kilkenny have named a very strong line up and maurice shanahan is also out for waterford. i cant see anything other then a 7 or 8 pt win for kilkenny

Good call, was away all weekend and completely forgot about the hurling.

Roscommon(u-21) are 7/4 with Boylesports to beat Galway(u-21) in the connaught final next weekend. Neither team are world-beaters. As I see it it's a 50/50 toss-up. Even though I backed against this Ros team when playing Mayo, they've got a few big names back and I think they'll sneak it on Saturday.

Stay away from PP on this game, only offering Ros @13/8.

Roscommon by 1-3pts @16/5 is attractive also.

Am still going anti-Kilkenny this weekend. I was up at the game on Sunday and both Waterford and Kilkenny were no great shakes. Throw in more injuries to key players for the Cats, Dublin needing to win to keep in the league race, and surely not able to hit the wides they did last Sunday, I think Dublin +3 @ 10/11 is a steal. And Dublin to win @ 2/1 also worth a punt.

KevIRL wrote: »
    Am still going anti-Kilkenny this weekend. I was up at the game on Sunday and both Waterford and Kilkenny were no great shakes. Throw in more injuries to key players for the Cats, Dublin needing to win to keep in the league race, and surely not able to hit the wides they did last Sunday, I think Dublin +3 @ 10/11 is a steal. And Dublin to win @ 2/1 also worth a punt.

Noice. Shoulda won both, but for some poor Dublin shooting.

This Dublin team are the real deal and will cause some upsets in the championship

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Stryderman

I've lumped on St Colmans Newry (-4) v St. Jarlaths Tuam... 2/1>
    Colmans are a brilliant team and I dont see Jarlaths being able to match them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭dougal-maguire

and the club championship is back underway.this week its meath.

PPs odds,dont know if anywhere else does club champ odds.

15th Apr 2011
    20:00 Dunshaughlin v Seneschalstown
    home 3.75
    draw 8.50
    away 1.30
    20:00 Duleek Bellewstown v St Peter's Dunboyne
    home 2.62
    draw 8.00
    away 1.57
    16th Apr 2011
    18:45 Donaghmore/Ashbourne v Rathkenny
    home 1.50
    draw 8.00
    away 2.87
    18:45 Walterstown v St Patricks
    home 2.10
    draw 7.00
    away 1.90
    17th Apr 2011
    14:00 Trim v Summerhill
    home 4.50
    draw 9.00
    away 1.22
    14:00 Simonstown v Blackhall Gaels
    home 2.25
    draw 7.50
    away 1.72
    14:00 Navan O'Mahonys v Nobber
    home 1.12
    draw 11.00
    away 6.00
    15:30 Oldcastle v Wolfe Tones
    home 4.00
    draw 8.50
    away 1.28

anyone any opinions on these fixtures?think simonstown and rathkenny could cause a surprise here,id expect all the rest to go to plan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭tomombo

cork u21s to beat galway -2 10/11 paddypower dead cert what ye think?

has to be a cert for all acums this weekend

tomombo wrote: »
    cork u21s to beat galway -2 10/11 paddypower dead cert what ye think?

has to be a cert for all acums this weekend

sorry its changed to 6/5 and -3 since i placed my bet!!

Thurles Sarsfields 1/6
    Info

Limerick 4/11
    Info

Kilkenny 1/8
    Info

Galway 8/11
    Info

Cork U21 (-3.0) 6/5
    Info

My accum for the weekend.

Lets see if i can build a rep ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

sorry its changed to 6/5 and -3 since i placed my bet!!

still -2 @ 11/10 with Will Hill. Going in hard on this one! Fingers crossed!

jive wrote: »
    still -2 @ 11/10 with Will Hill. Going in hard on this one! Fingers crossed!

Well there's a long summer ahead for us if we fail anyway jive ;)

i just cant see galway beating cork, or getting close

• Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

Well there's a long summer ahead for us if we fail anyway jive ;)

i just cant see galway beating cork, or getting close

Would be a nice start to the summer if cork were to do the business!! Can't see passed them myself. I know Galway have a few players on the senior panel but they're not too hot themselves. Cork have 2 all ireland senior winners and a few siegerson cup winners. They also smashed kerry and even though it mightn't be a great kerry team they are from kerry so they can't be that ****ing bad at football!! I hope cork run riot :D

;)http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3LqCpBVkUA

jive wrote: »
    Would be a nice start to the summer if cork were to do the business!! Can't see passed them myself. I know Galway have a few players on the senior panel but they're not too hot themselves. Cork have 2 all ireland senior winners and a few siegerson cup winners. They also smashed kerry and even though it mightn't be a great kerry team they are from kerry so they can't be that ****ing bad at football!! I hope cork run riot :D

;)http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3LqCpBVkUA

the galway seniors are poor.

Galway @ 8/11 v Waterford and also Galway -1 @ evs v Waterford are easily the stand out bets of the weekend imo.
    Apart from home advantage to Waterford, everything else is stacked in Galway's favour - Waterford missing key scoring players Richie Foley (hamstring) and John Mullane (honeymoon), and considering how they struggle to score at the best times its a big big loss for them.
    If Galway win they are in the league final and they'll also have a point to prove after the big defeat at home to Tipp last time out, throw in the return of Joe Canning and its stacked for a big Galway score.
    Finally Galways record against Waterford in the league is very good, winning the last 6 on the bounce and 19 out of 28 overall.

Am gonna stick a few quid on Galway -3 @ 13/8 as wel actually.

If you do fancy Waterford to spring an upset, then backing Dublin for the league title @ 16/1 is a nice bet, Dublin best placed to benefit should Galay lose and those 16/1 odds would shrink drastically if they did obv

KevIRL wrote: »
    Galway @ 8/11 v Waterford and also Galway -1 @ evs v Waterford are easily the stand out bets of the weekend imo.
    Apart from home advantage to Waterford, everything else is stacked in Galway's favour - Waterford missing key scoring players Richie Foley (hamstring) and John Mullane (honeymoon), and considering how they struggle to score at the best times its a big big loss for them.
    If Galway win they are in the league final and they'll also have a point to prove after the big defeat at home to Tipp last time out, throw in the return of Joe Canning and its stacked for a big Galway score.
    Finally Galways record against Waterford in the league is very good, winning the last 6 on the bounce and 19 out of 28 overall.

Am gonna stick a few quid on Galway -3 @ 13/8 as wel actually.
    Well am happy to say I got this one wrong. Galway simply werent up for it as much as Waterford which was surprising. Throw in some excellent performances from Brick Walsh, Tony Browne, Shane O Sullivan and the imperious Shane Walsh. A great win for the Deise considering the long list of absent players...John Mullane, Richie Foley, Stephen Molumphy, Maurice Shanahan, Noel Connors, Declan Prendergast, Eoin Murphy

[quoteIf you do fancy Waterford to spring an upset, then backing Dublin for the league title @ 16/1 is a nice bet, Dublin best placed to benefit should Galay lose and those 16/1 odds would shrink drastically if they did obv[/QUOTE]

Thankfully I got on this as well. Dublin now into 13/8

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,567 ✭✭✭patmac

4 draws in a lucky 15 for the 4 divisional football finals could be a good bet all around 7/1 with 4 tight games one winner = money back.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

patmac wrote: »
    4 draws in a lucky 15 for the 4 divisional football finals could be a good bet all around 7/1 with 4 tight games one winner = money back.

One winner would be a loss of 7pts no??:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,567 ✭✭✭patmac

One winner would be a loss of 7pts no??:confused:
    Most bookies offer double the odds on one winner, Ladbrokes offer treble odds on one winner only so a win of 7pts.

Just flicked through the markets offered for the league finals. Stand-out so far is for me Roscommon under 17.5pts @8/11. They only surpassed this number against minnows kilkenny, carlow and in a topsy turvy game against wicklow.

Will have a proper look tomorrow.

Any tips for the club hurling lads..?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭dotsflan

in the club hurling PP have seir kierans a very big price to beat st rynaghs @ 7/4 in the offaly hurling championship. Rumours around that rynaghs are flying under the guidance of dinny cahill but they lost a few hurlers to emigration and I wouldnt have them at 4/9 for this game. Clareen are a very dogged, tough hurlers who have the very talented joe bergin in their ranks. I wouldnt be advising lumping on clareen but they certainly are worth a bet at the price. These 2 teams drew last year when they met.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭storykid

1st round of the Waterford shc this weekend, and not much value around with strong favourites Mt Sion 1/7, Ballygunner 1/6 and De La Salle 1/25 hard to look past. I do think Mt sions price is too short, but still it is hard to see newly promoted Roanmore causing an upset, might be closer than odds suggest though

Ballyduff Upper to get the better of Abbeyside looks good to me. Ballyduff have some very good hurlers with the likes of Stephen Molumphy and are an experienced team with the majority still playing having lifted the title in 07. Abbeyside have a massive pick but can be very hard to predict, on their day they are a very good side, coming very close in 08, had a terrible campaign last year only winning 1 group game. Abbeyside will also be missing Richie Foley one of thier most influential players. 8/15 is probably abit on the short side for what will be a close game, but id have to fancy Ballyduff to get off to a winning start.

Tallow (8/11) would be my pick to see off a Passage side that have an injury doubt to Noel Connors, a key player in defence, and also the fact Eoin Kelly doesnt seem in the best form at present. He was a goal machine for Passage last year leading them to the county semi final surprising everyone. Passage took a heavy 1-12 to 3-16 defeat to newly promoted Roanmore in the league recently, I know championship is different, but it doesnt bode well. Tallow are a solid side and when these played last year, it ended in a draw. Tallow racked up 4-25 when hammering a poor Stradbally in the league last week.I expect another close game but with doubts over 2 key Passage players i'm going to side with Tallow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭Clubmad

5 games on this weekend in Waterford.......

Looks like De la Salle, Ballygunner offer us no Odds again, Fourmilewater at 1/3 seems to be a bit short but hard to see them losing.

As for the remaining two Tallow should take Dungarvan without too much trouble with the Mount Sion v Passage game been the Banana Skin game with Mount Sion however been the more likely of winners.

5/2 for all five Favourites to win with 3 been formalities.

Anyone with more Knowledge then I have? :)

Love this time of Year !

I’m not from either county but have talked to folk who should know a thing or two in their respective counties, all currently play with Senior teams within the counties: Here’s what I’ve got back:

In Kerry there’s 4 games: Dr.Crokes are 1/5 and are a cert, to be thrown into any accum to beef it up over the weekend. St.Micheals Foilmore v Legion is Hard to call – Legion going well since start of year so I would fancy them, personally looks like one to stay clear off. Austin Stacks v Rathmore, should be a close game but stacks more then likely have enough to win by 2/3 points. Kilcummin v Kieran O Rahillys Kilcummin are hard to beat at home but Rahillys are in form and would be expected to win. However I think there might be an upset here, hence another game to stay away for if looking for certs.</SPAN>

In Dublin there’s 15 games, the first one starting tonight. Odd’s wise the favourites aren’t great prices however out of the 15 games the following 8 teams should ease to victory.

UCD : Ballymun Kickims: Na Fianna: Round Towers: Lucan: Kilmacud: Parnells: St Bridigs: St Vincents:

Off the other 6 games, the first one been tonight Erins Ilse are tipped to beat Naomh Mearnog and at Evens looks like great opportunity for a single bet to start off the weekend.

The remaining 5 games are hard to call so I’m leaving them all out. A lot off hurlers involved as dual players for the remaining clubs.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Clubmad wrote: »
    Kilcummin v Kieran O Rahillys Kilcummin are hard to beat at home but Rahillys are in form and would be expected to win. However I think there might be an upset here, hence another game to stay away for if looking for certs.

Jesus I don't know about that.

David Moran out for the year, BJW missed the last game with a tight hamstring, BJK has been away with Kerry, Brian Moran playing full forward and Declan Quill away on honeymoon.

Their tactics still seem to be drag four forwards behind the ball for no real reason and no plan for getting scores out of whichever two forwards are left inside.

Micheál Quirke is playing fantastically as ever and the backs look decent, so they should have enough to get over Kilcummin if the two Barry Johns play, but their definitely not on form.

• Advertisement

I just copied and pasted what my Kerry mate said, I questioned it and he said he meant to write if in form rather then actaully in form.....my Bad:mad:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement