Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official Off Topic Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,669 ✭✭✭Colonel Sanders

Massive odds on punt landed on Arsenal.

Pinnacle tweeted earlier that they'd been backed from 2.29 to 2.07 -1.5. Straight up win price collapsed too

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭ste2010

Long run could be a clever bet in the punchestown gold cup. I wouldn't be surprised if he ran badly to reduce his mark for the national in the races that led up to it this season

• Registered Users Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭NewApproach

ste2010 wrote: »
    Long run could be a clever bet in the punchestown gold cup. I wouldn't be surprised if he ran badly to reduce his mark for the national in the races that led up to it this season

Chemical Nicky might be bent, but handicapping a Gold Cup winner would possibly be a step too far, even for him!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

BumperD wrote: »
    Are you and Aidan one and the same?!?! Or have a private hotline?? You two regularly put up exactly the same horses. Twice in the past week iirc.

Just the kind of horses we back, well handicapped dropping down the weights.

Watching a Bronx Tale. The scene with the bikers in the bar is brilliant

Chemical Nicky might be bent, but handicapping a Gold Cup winner would possibly be a step too far, even for him!

I don't know, if you think about it. The waley-cohens wanted a gold cup winner then a grand national winner..they knew he wouldn't have a chance in winning the gold cup again so perfect time to try the national even though he would never get around

• Advertisement

That race will definitely break up. Can't see FL running to merits again.
    Also the champion chase could break up.
    Put a nice 98/1 double on long run and sizing Europe

Anyone know how the ground is at Punchestown

UrbanSea wrote: »
    Anyone chancing Kumbeshwar tomorrow

I was considering it - but I think the distance will find him out..my appetite for cheltenham races tomorrow is not like it used to be. The first race looks like a colour changing rubix cube

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,669 ✭✭✭Colonel Sanders

Punt on City even at short prices. Pinnacle have been well short of Betfair price all day but Tweeted a while back that City had lengthened -2.5

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

That Liverpool - Chelski game at Anfield is gonna be an unreal, atmosphere will be amazing.

Trying my hardest to get a ticket atm, dont care how much i have to pay.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

I see this thread has gone to pot recently after a brief run through.
    Anti-craic :rolleyes:

Slán

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

I'll sell you a pool ticket for €3,000,000. Cash only.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Cracking night of darts tonight.

Gary Anderson v Adrian Lewis
    Michael van Gerwen v Phil Taylor
    Peter Wright v Dave Chisnall
    Robert Thornton v Raymond van Barneveld
    Michael van Gerwen v Adrian Lewis

What a line up! A few beers are in order.

Slattsy wrote: »
    That Liverpool - Chelski game at Anfield is gonna be an unreal, atmosphere will be amazing.

Trying my hardest to get a ticket atm, dont care how much i have to pay.

You're going down Slatts!

I'm yelling Timber,
    you better move, you better dance.

Farloe Tango is a ****ing legend of a dog. Never a dull race.

Right. I'm off out for a skinful. The pub beckons. Timber!

13 hours seems like a lifetime ago. I have a pulse and a roof over my head. But a stonking head. Two hundred fathoms, whiskey barrel aged imperial stout. Strictly by the glass. Drink in moderation.

Can't wait for the racing tomorrow

Did Our Mick run a decent race recently? I remember thinking he was just gone at the game after being pulled up a load of times but can't remember if he ran again.

• Advertisement

Johner wrote: »
    Did Our Mick run a decent race recently? I remember thinking he was just gone at the game after being pulled up a load of times but can't remember if he ran again.

Yeah showed plenty behind Duke of Lucca when going off too hard in front at Ascot. Been given a big chance by the handicapper.

Have found a max bet for tomorrow. Dare I say it, one of the best handicapped horses in racing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭unitedrover

Cool more really love those War Fronts at the minute. Is Willie Brown the same fella who trained that High Chap filly for them that won at Dundalk a few weeks ago

• Registered Users Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭NewApproach

Cool more really love those War Fronts at the minute. Is Willie Brown the same fella who trained that High Chap filly for them that won at Dundalk a few weeks ago

Yes

Yeah showed plenty behind Duke of Lucca when going off too hard in front at Ascot. Been given a big chance by the handicapper..

Ah yeah I remember now at Aintree! Ran really well for a long way.

Bought a rake of cans yesterday, selling them for a fiver a pop today. Anyone wanna buy a can?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭Luap

Bought a rake of cans yesterday, selling them for a fiver a pop today. Anyone wanna buy a can?

I'll take them, all of them.

Couldn't wait any longer. Minstrels Easter egg opened.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭jimjamcos

Got my hair cut in a place beside Bus Aras today. Barber says "ya wanna bottle?" Look to the right and fully stocked mini fridge. "Don't mind if I do!"

Best barbers ever. :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 913 ✭✭✭tomaussie

Thinking that Swansea are maximum bet material.

Playing well without winning and will be busting a gut to win at St. James's park for the second year running. Would be a fourth win in a row against Newcastle. A win would see them pretty much safe.

Newcastle have been poor at home this season and might be on a mental holiday as they have little to play for.

2.75 is just about an acceptable price.

Advertisement