Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official Off Topic Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

UrbanSea wrote: »
    Excuse my ignorance lads, but who is this W P Browne who trains down in Fethard? Has a horse in Su Magnier's colours tomorrow

Won

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭unitedrover

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,669 ✭✭✭Colonel Sanders

Betfair don't appear to be (temporarily) charging for deposits via Irish Visa Debit cards anymore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,173 ✭✭✭hucklebuck

Betfair don't appear to be (temporarily) charging for deposits via Irish Visa Debit cards anymore.

Geebags emailed me saying I had €28 in my account and we haven't seen you in a while. Logged in, no money and they won't see me for a while, the ****ehawks.

Going to have a crack at a straight 6/1 double tomorrow. I'm confident.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭ft9

Weekly Adebayor update. He has 8 league goals, into 1/5. Soldado has 5 league goals, 11/4.

Looks a live one.

Looks a live one.

Praise to jimjamcos.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Certainly could be a live one.

Bit like the Tilla after he wins in a canter on Sunday, that is after Plinth tomorrow and Tour des Champ. A collection of live ones

They keep taking my money on Golantilla at 10/1
    Love these strong markets. If it was a 10/1 shot in Wolverhampton you wouldn't get a tenner on the night before.

Add in activial and Irving.

• Advertisement

Around five Sunday evening

''Made all, came readily clear two furlongs out, canter'' and goes to 5/2 fav

Live one

I reckon he will win Sunday but will be beaten in a couple of weeks by the son of Zeus.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭carpothepunk

"Always prominent, tracking leader, turned in on bit, took it up 2f out, Stops to pick up Barry at 1f pole, lolling, impressive"

Including 3 stone overweight
    Trainer AJ Martin
    Jockey Barry Connell

Nah lads, you've it all wrong

Black Hercules will invoke memories of Shergar when Simon Holt says you'll need a telescope from the world space station to see the rest. He'll win by the best part of 3 furlongs, let alone 3 lengths

By the way did anyone other than Jim get that Adebayor bet?

I didn't FWIW

When did people start using the adjective "super" so much

"Super easy"

"Super expensive"

It's super annoying. The only other time I've heard it was in the inbetweeners when Will is scratching his head as to why someone would use the adjective "super"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭jimjamcos

Nah lads, you've it all wrong

Black Hercules will invoke memories of Shergar when Simon Holt says you'll need a telescope from the world space station to see the rest. He'll win by the best part of 3 furlongs, let alone 3 lengths

Apparently Willie has been tipping up Shaneshill as the pick of the two! Which means you're spot on about Black Hercules! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,751 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

"Always prominent, tracking leader, turned in on bit, took it up 2f out, Stops to pick up Barry at 1f pole, lolling, impressive"

I see he is forecast price of 6/4 for tomorrow haha not a hope of seeing that.

The sobering ying of the drunken yang.

Time for a fry.

• Advertisement

Nuts102 wrote: »
    I see he is forecast price of 6/4 for tomorrow haha not a hope of seeing that.

I wonder we might get some evens. He is in a winners bumper after a year off after all

Btw who gets first pick of the Mullins bumper crew? Patrick or Ruby Walsh?

I would be taking 5/6, evs about him alright.

I could easily see it being odds against

The Byrnes horse could be the one to worry about getting a stone

I won't be backing it tomorrow irregardless of price. The only scenario which I would be really disappointed with should be if he never really went a yard and was easily beaten.

I wouldn't be totally put off if he was beaten but travelled and ran well giving weight away in bad ground after so long off. I'd be quite impressed if he won

He's not hard fit at the minute. He's trained to the minute for Cheltenham but I expect him to win tomorrow. Like you say, just be nice to take positives from tomorrow. If he settles, travels, and shows us that turn of foot, I will be happy. If I am tempted by the price, I'll probably take my stake and have it for march instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,751 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

He's not hard fit at the minute. He's trained to the minute for Cheltenham but I expect him to win tomorrow. Like you say, just be nice to take positives from tomorrow. If he settles, travels, and shows us that turn of foot, I will be happy. If I am tempted by the price, I'll probably take my stake and have it for march instead.

Ye i have gone in again for him for Cheltenham he will surely shorten if he wins well tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭jimjamcos

Btw who gets first pick of the Mullins bumper crew? Patrick or Ruby Walsh?

Patrick. He owned Black Hercules before selling to Wylie's so hard to know whether there'll be a sentimental choice there or not when it comes to his choice.

Did one of my patented rugby handicap bets on the Italy game

Italy -2 with Stan James, Scotland +4 with Hill and pray for a 3 point winning margin. Looks shot now

There was a similar one of the Ireland game but Spoils weren't actually laying England -3 online to anyone as far as I could tell

• Advertisement

By the way did anyone other than Jim get that Adebayor bet?

I didn't FWIW

I got a small bet on, stand to win 500 though.

Advertisement