Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official Off Topic Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

Anyone setting up a cheltenham daily selections competition?

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭sonnky

BumperD wrote: »
    Anyone setting up a cheltenham daily selections competition?

Ya i was thinkin of doing one like last year, I'll update quicker this time though

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭carpothepunk

Should do, ten or twenty snots a man would be good craic.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,335 ✭✭✭naughto

Luap wrote: »
    Looks at at different thread there, anyone ever had the carvery in O' Gradys in Gort. Best grub I ever had. Always went there when I was going to Galway. #differentgravy

I miss it dearly. :(

I've eat there a good bit my brother lives in gort,great food and always plenty on the plate

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

I was close to going balls deep in Certify before reminding myself balls deep in odds on shots is a road to the poor house. Thankfully

• Advertisement

Excuse my ignorance lads, but who is this W P Browne who trains down in Fethard? Has a horse in Su Magnier's colours tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

UrbanSea wrote: »
    Excuse my ignorance lads, but who is this W P Browne who trains down in Fethard? Has a horse in Su Magnier's colours tomorrow

This is informative- http://www.mocklershill.ie/

Was looking at this race earlier myself, nice enough maiden for Dundalk.

Any opinions on the race?
    I'd be sweet enough on the chances of Punta Marroqui if she's close to the 8/1 forecast price.

Cheers steve, thought he might have had something to do with breaking them alright given he had so few runners yet was getting a Coolmore one. I don't back in maidens anymore being honest, the only one that interested me at Dundalk tomorrow was Ask Dad but is poorly drawn. Will leave it and hope he runs down the field, gets dropped another 2 or 3 and is ready to go in soon.

I wonder does he break them for Ballydoyle they are all broken before they go to Aidan thought that was done at Coolmore

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,669 ✭✭✭Colonel Sanders

Spoils took concessions off my a/c but thought I could still have a bet with them

Looks like I can't get a single cent on online

• Advertisement

Did the next round of tests for the gaurds there **** me the inductive reasoning ones were hard enough

• Registered Users Posts: 4,795 ✭✭✭kksaints

Did the next round of tests for the gaurds there **** me the inductive reasoning ones were hard enough

They could have been worse. Ive had some awful tests like that before.

You apply too saints aye

You apply too saints aye

Yup. My internet was down for the last week so very nearly missed doing it. Only found out about it today.

Did you do the practice ones? They were twice as bad. Verbal reasoning very handy

Did you do the practice ones? They were twice as bad. Verbal reasoning very handy

Yeah. I found the practise ones grand in both sets. The verbal reasoning was fine had a few tricky ones but nothing major. The other one had some very tricky questions but the majority were doable.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,014 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

Spoils took concessions off my a/c but thought I could still have a bet with them

Looks like I can't get a single cent on online

3 nice different (exact same) accounts for ya to wear out, apollo, McLean and seanie. You'll likely get 1 bet outta each so make them good

I didn't get one out of Apollo

• Registered Users Posts: 6,682 ✭✭✭flutered

e

i remember them from back in the day, wille was an amatuer jock, the brother was a pro, not too many winners each, the auld fell mickey always had a trilby on the head, a grey suit, plus the proverbial fag in the hand, a small bandy legged bloke, trained a few horses, and the odd winner, if memory serves me, he had a grey mare named bodell, it was owned by a vet near tipp town, who died young, by the name of russell, she won nearly all her races in clonmel, even a couple when she was got in foal.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,682 ✭✭✭flutered

hucklebuck wrote: »
    Small piece on Cheltenham gambles of days gone by. They gave Mc Coy **** all credit for Wichita "he looked in trouble turning in", I think they meant 2 miles out.

http://www.cheltenhamfestival.net/category/cheltenham-festival-history/cheltenham-festival-gambles-201402170006/

any mention of a certain limerick man who walked the line asking the bookies how much would they take on one of his, then walk back down asking some of them did they have enough, i will smile at that until the the day the guy above crooks the finger in my direction, yah, memorys are made of things like that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭shamdrog63

Was there an aptitude test on how to bury Penalty points:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,669 ✭✭✭Colonel Sanders

Hulk Hands wrote: »
    3 nice different (exact same) accounts for ya to wear out, apollo, McLean and seanie. You'll likely get 1 bet outta each so make them good

Might have over reacted, a few people have siad they've tried the same market but Spoils aren't laying it eventhough they've prices up

There's a horse going in Dundalk tonight with at least one vowel in its name. Its irish bred and its owner is bald, as are all his children. I think it will run an epic race at a huge price.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IAHR1tk5xvU

• Registered Users Posts: 6,014 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

Might have over reacted, a few people have siad they've tried the same market but Spoils aren't laying it eventhough they've prices up

Ah fair enough. When I got the concessions taken off it was game over for me anyway. All them sites just basically boyles in a different colour

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭carpothepunk

Reports of a horse trainer dead in Limerick.

http://www.rte.ie/news/2014/0221/505845-skerries-death/

That article states a young man, though. Its in Bruree, where Enda Bolger trains (iirc).

There must be some form of cosmic alignment this evening. Not only is it beers Friday, but along with the sand dune racing, I can look forward to a feisty gaelic affair in Cardiff when the dragons attempt to torch the visiting frogs. Ko 5 minutes past 8 pm to be precise (an obscure time, in keeping with the gaelic way). happy days.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭shamdrog63

I,ve got a loosely related brat coming to stay the nite.Can just picture me sitting in me Sheldon Cooperesque sweet spot on the couch, beer in 1 hand, remote in the other and then hearing the stupidest thing a person can say " who playin"

Wheres me coat?

Reports of a horse trainer dead in Limerick.

http://www.rte.ie/news/2014/0221/505845-skerries-death/

That article states a young man, though. Its in Bruree, where Enda Bolger trains (iirc).

Trainee jockey Ryan cusack independent.ie

• Advertisement
Advertisement