Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anyone still waiting for stuff from China?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 459 ✭✭Dublinandy3

fritzelly wrote: »
    Two packages from AE have now gone to status "Accepted by Last Mile Carrier" (after being at Arrived at destination country for the past month) within 24 hours of each other (even tho one package was posted 3 weeks after the first one)

Thought hell yeah then checked 17 Track and now says "The item is at the PostNL sorting center" :(

At least they're nearly here-ish

Yeah that’s the problem when they send them via a third country, the tracking thinks the items have hit Ireland when in reality they’ve hit the middle country. I always check that countries own tracking, like if the tracking number ends no you know it’s Netherlands so go on the postnl website.

If it helps postnl have gotten a lot fast the last few weeks with items.

A plus point though when going through a third party especially holland is you don’t get hit with extra tax charges.

I buy off one seller regularly and during the height of civic he switched to dhl so I got it quicker and each time I got vat charges, now it’s back to postnl it’s 2 weeks slower by no charges.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭kindalen

Tracked package from China to Beligian post, They told me item arrived in Ireland yesterday but that the tracking number was for the container and that tracking for my item was not possible once in Ireland. Anyone any idea how long it should take now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭aaronm13

I have an AliExpress order that is shown delivered now for 2 weeks. I've contacted the seller who insists the item has been delivered and keeps sending me screenshots of the tracking. I rang An Post last week and the person I got said that a lot of tracking numbers are getting mixed up coming from China and routed through Holland. She insists the item hasn't been delivered and I need to make contact with the seller which I did. He's still saying it's delivered. My buyer protection is running out so think I'm going to have to open a dispute but if the item is shown as delivered what hope do I have of getting a refund? Seller doesn't seem to care when I told him about opening a dispute which is unusual.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,096 ✭✭✭andrew1977

I am monitoring a package which shipped from China on 23rd July,

The 2 most recent status remarks are below, does it mean as of 10th August , it is still stuck in China ? It was shipping 3rd August originally, nothing further until i checked it again today.Thanks

2020-08-10 06:59
    The airline is shipping.

2020-08-03 01:24
    The airline is shipping.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,673 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Two packages arrived today - ordered 2 months ago

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭yosser hughes

fritzelly wrote: »
    Two packages arrived today - ordered 2 months ago

There may be light at the end of the tunnel so.
    I met the postman today, who said there is a load of stuff that will be delivered this week. Talked about a backlog being released and cleared. Perhaps it's a customs thing.
    Anyway, hopefully I get the stuff that I ordered two months ago. I won't be ordering tat from China again though, can't be bothered.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,673 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Anyway, hopefully I get the stuff that I ordered two months ago. I won't be ordering tat from China again though, can't be bothered.

Ordered a few things from China on ebay - arrived in about 2 weeks
    It may be more an issue with PostNL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

I'm waiting on a packet of seeds this long time but I think they got misdirected.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

There may be light at the end of the tunnel so.
    I met the postman today, who said there is a load of stuff that will be delivered this week. Talked about a backlog being released and cleared. Perhaps it's a customs thing.

A few days ago I put in a query/refund request for two eBay orders that I made 19 weeks ago that hasn't arrived. The tracking constantly showed something like Shipped To Airline or some other waffle.

Contacted both sellers middle of last week and both said that they'd resend the items.

.....And now ^^^ saying that there is a load of stuff that will be delivered this week

Arrgh!!!! I've already put in (and received) a refund on one Ali order, and then received the product. But these are now 19 weeks missing.

Am I jinxed? If my missing orders now arrive this week I'm never ordering from China again :D

Have an item showing in Irish customs since July 17th. Hopefully arrive in next few days.

• Advertisement

andrew1977 wrote: »
    I am monitoring a package which shipped from China on 23rd July,

The 2 most recent status remarks are below, does it mean as of 10th August , it is still stuck in China ? It was shipping 3rd August originally, nothing further until i checked it again today.Thanks

2020-08-10 06:59
    The airline is shipping.

2020-08-03 01:24
    The airline is shipping.

17track.net now shows my package as having reached Dublin with the below status

2020-08-12 10:12
    Dublin, arrive at the site.

It was posted via China post e-packet .
    Does it now go into the hands of an post and it’s pot luck when it gets delivered to me ?
    Also , does the tracking number become trackable with an post website ?
    Curious as possibly the supplier has left off one key part of my address in error .

Thanks for any pointers .

Got a delivery today - one of those fake-ish usb flash drives. Strange thing is that it is identical to one I received last week. And I only ordered one. Both packages were reshipped by Worldtech Logistics in Germany on 22/06.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,233 ✭✭✭irishchris

Anyone receive anything via bpost recently? Took a few weeks to get to Belgium but now been forwarded from there to Ireland. Amy idea how long it takes from there to Ireland?

Had item via bpost, once it arrived in Ireland it was delivered within a day or two.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 837 ✭✭✭CFC007

Ordered from Ali on the 10th June. Last update from Post NL is that was handed over in bulk on the 8th July. Very annoying given it’s an $400 item. 25 days before I can file an dispute

andrew1977 wrote: »
    17track.net now shows my package as having reached Dublin with the below status

2020-08-12 10:12
    Dublin, arrive at the site.

It was posted via China post e-packet .
    Does it now go into the hands of an post and it’s pot luck when it gets delivered to me ?
    Also , does the tracking number become trackable with an post website ?
    Curious as possibly the supplier has left off one key part of my address in error .

Thanks for any pointers .

Post man rocked up this morning with my order, happy days

Purchased from DHgate on 22nd July, posted on 23rd July, arrived to my door via epacket 13th August, good going in fairness, 3 weeks.

kindalen wrote: »
    Had item via bpost, once it arrived in Ireland it was delivered within a day or two.

Cheers and did it take ling when it arrived in Belgium to when it arrived in Ireland?

irishchris wrote: »
    Cheers and did it take ling when it arrived in Belgium to when it arrived in Ireland?

Arriving today :-) quick turnaround again for this one. Ordered 7 July and arriving within 5 weeks. Much better than the 3-4 months my previous orders took

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭Bikerman2019

I ordered two hard-wire dashcam DC convertors from joom.com on 25th July.

Arrived at the house in Dublin today. Super stuff. They were post marked Germany

08/07
    10:15 AM
    FRANKFURT - GERMANY
    Parcel movement cannot be tracked in the destination country. Please expect delivery by local courier service.
    08/06
    4:00 PM
    FRANKFURT - GERMANY
    delivery to local courier
    08/06
    12:04 AM
    AMSTERDAM - NETHERLANDS
    Shipment in transit by truck
    08/04
    1:50 PM
    AMSTERDAM - NETHERLANDS
    Custom clearance completed
    08/03
    3:14 PM
    AMSTERDAM - NETHERLANDS
    Parcel arrived at the airport, waiting for customs clearance. AIRPORT Destination
    08/02
    1:53 PM
    CHINA
    Package departed the international airport
    07/31
    7:00 PM
    CHINA
    Parcel scheduled for international flight |
    07/30
    1:25 PM
    Shenzhen
    Package has left the YUNExpress sorting centre
    07/29
    11:45 AM
    Shenzhen
    Package is processed at the YUNExpress sorting centre
    07/29
    8:13 AM
    Shenzhen
    Arrived at sorting center -SHENZHEN -
    07/28
    4:05 AM
    Shenzhen
    The package will be handed over to the shipper soon
    07/28
    4:04 AM
    Shenzhen
    Package departed Joom Logistics sorting centre
    07/27
    9:05 PM
    Shenzhen
    Parcel accepted at the Joom Logistics sorting centre in Shenzhen
    07/27
    9:05 PM
    Your package was sent
    07/25
    2:29 AM
    Package awaiting shipment
    The seller assembles the package and will send it from the warehouse soon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Three packets from Ali:

2020-08-10 11:41
    We delivered your post
    2020-07-13 02:41
    The item is ready for shipment
    2020-07-13 02:40
    The item is pre-advised

2020-08-05 12:37
    We delivered your post
    2020-07-15 07:02
    2020-07-15 07:01
    The item is pre-advised

We delivered your post
    2020-07-17 07:02
    The item is pre-advised

Getting down to sub month levels. LT codes shipping via NL. The dutch drop ship route is killing it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 837 ✭✭✭CFC007

That’s good going my LT code which was pre-advised on the 16th June still hasn’t been delivered with no update since the 8th July. Don’t think I’ll be getting it 😩

ED E wrote: »
    Three packets from Ali:

We delivered your post
    2020-07-13 02:41
    2020-07-13 02:40
    The item is pre-advised

2020-08-05 12:37
    We delivered your post
    2020-07-15 07:02
    2020-07-15 07:01
    The item is pre-advised

We delivered your post
    The item is pre-advised

Getting down to sub month levels. LT codes shipping via NL. The dutch drop ship route is killing it.

If its LT.....NL then it should be fast.

If its LT.....CN it might still be on the way.

Got delivery of package from China today, ordered May 28th.
    Tracking hadn't updated since beginning of June.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Collibosher

ED E wrote: »
    If its LT.....NL then it should be fast...

Indeed it is, something I ordered on Aliexpress August 1st arrived yesterday via PostNL.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭dominoman

I have given up all hope of ever receiving any of the orders I made from Aliexpress in March-May. I never put in a claim for any of there as they previously arrived after I put through a claim. Orders I made in July have started to arrive, and I have now reordered some of the stuff from March like phone covers. Anybody else still not received Aliexpress orders from March-May?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 159 ✭✭The Gardener

Still waiting on an item ordered from AliExpress on March 31st, it disappeared from tracking until July 13th when it arrived in Ireland, Customs nabbed it on July 23rd, processed and released it on July 27th but I'm still waiting for it to be delivered by An Post. Tracking tells me that it's still with Customs in Athlone, does anyone know what the normal holding time is?

Received an Ali Express Order today. Order date was June 25th.

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭muirsheen

dominoman wrote: »
    I have given up all hope of ever receiving any of the orders I made from Aliexpress in March-May. I never put in a claim for any of there as they previously arrived after I put through a claim. Orders I made in July have started to arrive, and I have now reordered some of the stuff from March like phone covers. Anybody else still not received Aliexpress orders from March-May?

Received today an order from 8th April.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 580 ✭✭✭whelzer

Had a nice trickle of stuff this week from Wish, every day in fact... all ordered around 25th July. 3-4 more to come. They have all been in Ireland since around 7th August. Not bad....

Just checked - all ordered around 13 July!

Order from Ali ordered 13 August arrived in Dublin tonight for delivery tomorrow. Less than two weeks is definitely one of quickest orders yet

• Advertisement

Received an order from Joom Tues. Order was placed 9th August so it got here very fast! But it wasn't what I ordered....I ordered multi-coloured braid fishing line and they sent single colour which is a PITA when you are trying to gauge cast distance. Contacted Joom support and straight away (don't think they even read and understood my message) offered a refund for defective items.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 159 ✭✭The Gardener

Still waiting on an item ordered from AliExpress on March 31st, it disappeared from tracking until July 13th when it arrived in Ireland, Customs nabbed it on July 23rd, processed and released it on July 27th but I'm still waiting for it to be delivered by An Post. Tracking tells me that it's still with Customs in Athlone, does anyone know what the normal holding time is?

After a quick email to Customs on Monday morning I received the item on Tuesday... 5 months after ordering!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,662 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

dominoman wrote: »

I've 4 orders disappeared from that time period. Not expecting to ever see any of them arrive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Collibosher

I've 4 orders disappeared from that time period. Not expecting to ever see any of them arrive.

I had one turn up today with An Post that was shipped first week of April :D

We think we have problems waiting 4-5 months for an order from China, check this out for a slooooooow delivery :D

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058107065

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,309 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Wow! I ordered a few items from AliExpress on 16 August and one of them was delivered this morning. 12 days has to be close on a record :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,513 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

received something this morning that i received a refund for on July 1st

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭BKWDR

Stuff is drip feeding in still but have gotten the bulk of things i have to say and recent stuff is moving, ordered headphones a couple weeks ago and got an email to say that its in Ireland now. Just depends on An Post

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,006 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Ordered from Aliexpress 19/08, arrived at door 02/09
    Two weeks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 884 ✭✭✭septictank

15 days from Ali as well, getting much better, still missing other April stuff though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Cookiee

Anyone else ordered from china recently and have it shipped through post NL? My package has been stuck at:
    'The item is at the PostNL sorting center'
    For a while, usually post NL move pretty fast but it's still stuck at the sorting centre, anyone have recent experience with them? How long did it take?

Cookiee wrote: »
    Anyone else ordered from china recently and have it shipped through post NL? My package has been stuck at:
    'The item is at the PostNL sorting center'
    For a while, usually post NL move pretty fast but it's still stuck at the sorting centre, anyone have recent experience with them? How long did it take?

About 3-5 days on last few orders I have received through them

irishchris wrote: »
    About 3-5 days on last few orders I have received through them

Ah ok thank you, maybe mines lost, I'll have to keep waiting

Cookiee wrote: »
    Ah ok thank you, maybe mines lost, I'll have to keep waiting

So strange just after I posted this I got an update: The item is on transport to the country of destination

Happy days, it's not lost and it's on the way to Ireland supposedly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭KAGY

Phone case and screen protector arrived today, 132 days after order. Phone has been bricked on the mean time.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭bobbyy gee

Pre covid it used to take 30 days minimum
    With no tracking information until it arrived at your door

KAGY wrote: »
    Phone case and screen protector arrived today, 132 days after order. Phone has been bricked on the mean time.

132 isnt a record but fairly close. Hope you disputed at the time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 400 ✭✭camz09

If given a choice between Yanwen or China Post Small Package, which one would you choose? Is there any big difference?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭messrs

I ordered stuff on Wish back at the beginning of March, even allowing for covid I dont think they will come at this stage - when i go into tracking the last comment is from March in China - i cant see where to go to request refund - can anyone advise?

• Advertisement

camz09 wrote: »
    If given a choice between Yanwen or China Post Small Package, which one would you choose? Is there any big difference?

From my own experience, China post small package always arrives on time or early, I just got a package sent with that shipping that took 19 days from order to delivery. I've only ordered one thing using yanwen which still hasn't arrived, that's just my experience! I always pick China post small package if it's available and I've always received them. I haven't used yanwen enough to give definitive answer, but I suggest china post if you can

Advertisement