Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon discriminating Irish customers?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭GinSoaked

dvdman1 wrote: »
    Tesco operate in Ireland and charge a lot more than the equivalent in the uk stores. Also many items are hard to get here that are offered in the uk outlets. Other services such as credit cards and car insurance have been terminated in Ireland but continued in the UK. No uproar

But the issue here which isn't fully reflected in the thread title is that Irish customers were paying Amazon for their "Amazon Prime" service and not getting the service. At no time did Amazon inform Irish Prime customers that they were going to terminate any of the benefits they were paying for.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

GinSoaked wrote: »
    But the issue here which isn't fully reflected in the thread title is that Irish customers were paying Amazon for their "Amazon Prime" service and not getting the service. At no time did Amazon inform Irish Prime customers that they were going to terminate any of the benefits they were paying for.

But they've not terminated anything so to claim such is inaccurate.
    They did the exact same in the UK, delivery dates were massively pushed back in the UK and only more recently have they resumed more normality

Ireland is now resuming bit by bit, I can order https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07HN6NV1V for delivery on Friday for example.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,164 ✭✭✭✭ED E

AMAZON ARE SCREWING US OVER!!!!.....oh wait.

ORDER PLACED
    11 July 2020

Tuesday, 14 July
    11:05 AM
    Delivered
    DUBLIN 14,
    7:05 AM
    Out for delivery
    DUBLIN 14,
    Monday, 13 July
    9:23 AM
    Parcel arrived at a carrier facility
    DUBLIN PARCEL HUB,
    Sunday, 12 July
    Package has shipped
    10:16 AM
    Package arrived at an Amazon facility
    Altringham, Manchester, MANCHESTER UK

ORDER PLACED
    7 July 2020

Thursday, 9 July
    12:27 PM
    Delivered
    DUBLIN 14,
    8:37 AM
    Out for delivery
    DUBLIN 14,
    Wednesday, 8 July
    5:06 PM
    DUBLIN PARCEL HUB,
    3:41 AM
    Package departed an Amazon facility
    Saint Helens, Merseyside GB
    Tuesday, 7 July
    6:45 PM
    Package arrived at an Amazon facility
    Saint Helens, Merseyside GB
    Package has shipped

ORDER PLACED
    7 July 2020

12:27 PM
    Delivered
    DUBLIN 14,
    8:37 AM
    Out for delivery
    DUBLIN 14,
    Wednesday, 8 July
    4:30 PM
    DUBLIN PARCEL HUB,
    Package has shipped
    Gourock, Inverclyde UK

In May things were slow.

ORDER PLACED
    18 May 2020

Your post is out for delivery 30-May-20
    08:19
    We have your post and are getting it ready for delivery 30-May-20
    01:42
    Your delivery is in DUBLIN 14
    29-May-20
    12:28
    We have your post and are getting it ready for delivery 28-May-20
    23:47
    28-May-20
    13:04
    We have your post and are getting it ready for delivery 27-May-20
    23:39
    27-May-20
    13:11
    We have your post and are getting it ready for delivery 26-May-20
    23:38
    We tried to deliver your post 26-May-20
    15:12
    We have your post and are getting it ready for delivery 26-May-20
    00:00
    We tried to deliver your post 25-May-20
    14:19
    We have your post and are getting it ready for delivery 25-May-20
    04:39
    Your delivery has been sorted in DUBLIN PARCEL HUB
    DUBLIN 12 24-May-20
    22:06
    We have your post in DUBLIN PARCEL HUB
    DUBLIN 12 24-May-20
    21:38

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭TimHorton

I ordered 2 items yesterday separately and got shipped notices after 3 or 4 hours and they will be delivered tomorrow.

Cabaal wrote: »
    But they've not terminated anything so to claim such is inaccurate.
    They did the exact same in the UK, delivery dates were massively pushed back in the UK and only more recently have they resumed more normality

Ireland is now resuming bit by bit, I can order https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07HN6NV1V for delivery on Friday for example.

Prime delivery was terminated for Irish customers for about 2 months. No Irish customer was given any notification of the changes that only affected Irish customers. During that time there was little change to delivery times in the UK, my Prime orders for a UK relative all arrived within 48 hours of making the order some orders still arrived within 24 hours. Irish customers had to put up with an automatic 7 day or longer wait for items to be dispatched making delivery times for Amazon Prime 10 days or more.

Many other users here have reported exactly the same.

So no Amazon did not massively push back delivery dates in the UK but they did massively push back delivery dates for Irish customers.

The main issue was never delivery times it was dispatch times.

Its not in dispute that deliveries are now getting back to normal for Ireland and if you had read my recent posts without just looking to find fault it would have saved yourself the effort of linking to an item on Amazon because I had posted 3 days ago
    Amazon were taking the piss but they seem to be back on track, my current three Prime orders were all dispatched withing 24 hours and look likely to be delivered on Monday although Amazon are saying Tuesday.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Prime delivery was terminated for Irish customers for about 2 months.

Wrong
    :rolleyes:

Prime Delivery for Irish customer's gives priority delivery on eligable items AND free standard delivery for eligible items. Without Prime to get free delivery you had to spend £25 on eligable items.

Eligable items for priroity were restricted for Ireland, the same happened in the UK for express, evening and one-day delivery. Also same for Prime Now two-hour delivery's which were not available also for a good period.

For Prime to have been terminated as you've wrongly claimed then you'd have had to pay for standard delivery for say a £10 eligable order. Did you?

No, of course you didn't, because Prime wasn't terminated.

You are outright just making false claims now.

Wrong
    :rolleyes:

Prime Delivery for Irish customer's gives priority delivery on eligable items AND free standard delivery for eligible items. Without Prime to get free delivery you had to spend £25 on eligable items.

Eligable items for priroity were restricted for Ireland, the same happened in the UK for express, evening and one-day delivery. Also same for Prime Now two-hour delivery's which were not available also for a good period.

For Prime to have been terminated as you've wrongly claimed then you'd have had to pay for standard delivery for say a £10 eligable order. Did you?

No, of course you didn't, because Prime wasn't terminated.

You are outright just making false claims now.

So off you go again nit picking, is that all you ever do?

We can go into the minutia of every Amazon Prime benefit if you like but my primary reason for paying extra for Amazon Prime is so I don't have to wait days and days for dispatch the additional benefit is I don't get items dispatched with crappy couriers like iParcel and Fastways.

Some posters here including myself did pay for postage by using Parcel Motel, addresspal etc to get items quicker so delivery charges weren't the issue.

For me the major benefit of Prime that I payed for was removed by Amazon.

So off you go again nit picking, is that all you ever do?

We can go into the minutia of every Amazon Prime benefit if you like but my primary reason for paying extra for Amazon Prime is so I don't have to wait days and days for dispatch the additional benefit is I don't get items dispatched with crappy couriers like iParcel and Fastways.

Some posters here including myself did pay for postage by using Parcel Motel, addresspal etc to get items quicker so delivery charges weren't the issue.

For me the major benefit of Prime that I payed for was removed by Amazon.

Not nit picking I'm just looking for accuracy, its not a lot to ask for really.

You claimed Prime was terminated, this is 100% inaccurate.
    Prime has never been terminated for Irish customers, you claimed it was and I corrected you. Sorry if this upsets you.

You still got Prime delivery benefits to Ireland, its just the selection of eligable priority items was very limited for a time due to the whole situation with a worldwide pandemic and the many, many challenges and restrictions this caused.

It's sucks but that is the bottom line

• Registered Users Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Sconsey

Prime has never been terminated for Irish customers, you claimed it was and I corrected you. Sorry if this upsets you.

You still got Prime delivery benefits to Ireland, its just the selection of eligable priority items was very limited for a time.

You would do well to go back and read the whole thread. The text in bold is wrong, prime items were not shipped to prime users in 2 days or anyting like 2 days, but UK prime users did get them immediately.

-Amazon sold prime to Irish customers promising 2 day delivery on orders of prime items.
    -During the worst of the pandemic they stopped dispatching orders to Irish addresses immediately, including prime items.
    -So on my prime account if I put NI as the delivery address it arrived in two days. If I put Ireland as the delivery address for the same item it took about 10 days.
    -Amazon did not inform Irish prime customers that the service they bought was being depricated
    -Amazon continued to advertise prime as 2 day delivery to Ireland

/Edit: when customer support was contacted they said they were sorry but not refund the balance on my account because I wanted to cancel my membership. Sold me one thing, did not deliver the service, refused to refund....I am sure there is small print somewhere but feck them, have not renewed my membership, will try to use alternatives in the future.

You still got Prime delivery benefits to Ireland, its just the selection of eligable priority items was very limited for a time.

Now we have a new angle do we? Well its wrong. There were no items available for priority delivery when Amazon was discriminating against Irish customers. I had that out with more than one rep when I was told that the issue was it was my fault for not choosing priority delivery.

The problem seems to have been that Amazon did a blanket removal of priority delivery which discriminated against Irish customers because our standard delivery times are much worse than the UK's due to the long waiting for dispatch that standard delivery adds to Irish orders.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

Just to add to this. Placed 2 separate orders around 2am today. Both have been dispatched. Things are improving on the delivery front.

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭white_westie

Just to concur, ordered last week and this week, and orders dispatched fairly quickly, both delivered within the week.
    ie: ordered friday, delivered following tuesday

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

anyone manage to get no rush delivery yet or is it just for our UK brethren? I'd have been happy with a £1 concession on all the things I ordered over lockdown that were delayed.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,437 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

Ordered 21st July and out for delivery today. And I haven't Prime. It seems to have really kicked back in.

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭crossmolinalad

And you pay the jackpot for it
    Brother lives in Holland and has Prime also and just pays 3 Euro a month for it

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭autumnalcore

My prime is back to normal, 2-3 working days for items stocked in UK or NL 3-5 for items in other EU countries

• Registered Users Posts: 10,007 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

My prime is back to normal, 2-3 working days for items stocked in UK or NL 3-5 for items in other EU countries

Mine was back to normal but in the last week it has gone to 1 day over expected in terms of delivery of two orders so far and one that was due tomorrow but has only been dispatched tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,392 ✭✭✭VG31

Before the delay was with Amazon and An Post were flawless in my experience. Now Amazon are very fast and An Post are slow. Only small packages that come with the postman are actually delivered the next working day. An Post will be costing Amazon a lot in compensation and refunds for missed delivery dates.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭Car99

VG31 wrote: »
    Before the delay was with Amazon and An Post were flawless in my experience. Now Amazon are very fast and An Post are slow. Only small packages that come with the postman are actually delivered the next working day. An Post will be costing Amazon a lot in compensation and refunds for missed delivery dates.

Compensation for missed delivery ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,153 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Car99 wrote: »
    Compensation for missed delivery ?
    VG31 wrote: »

i dont think i have ever seen a guaranteed delivery date for an order i've placed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Krombopulos Michael

i dont think i have ever seen a guaranteed delivery date for an order i've placed.

certain items have a guaranteed delivery, usually items in stock fulfilled by amazon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

Amazon prime is well worth the money if your as regular shopper on the website and the delivery is back to normal , very quick.

in all the years ive been an Amazon customer i can count on one had the amount of issues ive had and the customer service is flawless and sorted it out immediately, if only more larger companies were like Amazon.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,153 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

certain items have a guaranteed delivery, usually items in stock fulfilled by amazon

on deliveries to ireland?

on deliveries to ireland?

It's where it gives on exact delivery date, the same as the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,007 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Caranica wrote: »
    Mine was back to normal but in the last week it has gone to 1 day over expected in terms of delivery of two orders so far and one that was due tomorrow but has only been dispatched tonight.

I was wrong. The item dispatched last night arrived with UPS this morning. It was a bulky, heavyish item so not post friendly.

I've had three parcels lost since ups started delivering some of my parcels. They arrived at Dublin Mail Center as normal, then vanished. Also noticed pattern that if its scanned in dublin early afternoon it comes next day. If its scanned in Dublin after 4 it could take 3 days or be lost. Refund is only compensation of the item still turns up
    In my case they don't and I have to reorder.

So have a couple more items that reached Dublin and vanished.

The customer service agents said they went missing in the fullfillment center rather than An Post.

So is the Dublin Parcel Hub on the An Post tracking actually Amazons new place in Greenogue or something?

Getting hard to believe anything they say at this stage. Farsical!

523195.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭Davexirl

Ordered an item on Saturday, delivered today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Truckermal

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0178EBXD8/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_y2RoFb154YCFP

Ordered these on the 5th and no delivery date yet but I can have them Thursday ordering now and shipping to my UK address..

Advertisement