Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon discriminating Irish customers?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭autumnalcore

Truckermal wrote: »
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0178EBXD8/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_y2RoFb154YCFP

Ordered these on the 5th and no delivery date yet but I can have them Thursday ordering now and shipping to my UK address..

I can get it deliverer 'Thursday' with prime dispatched from Amazon. Which currently means Friday or a 50% chance of not at all in my case.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,022 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

My last two Amazon deliveries have come from Germany (ordered from UK) and been delivered by UPS.

One was a large item but the other was small so was expecting it to come via An Post (ie 2 hours later!)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭SPDUB

So have a couple more items that reached Dublin and vanished.

So is the Dublin Parcel Hub on the An Post tracking actually Amazons new place in Greenogue or something?

523195.JPG

Dublin Parcel Hub is the new An Post parcel sorting facility beside the Dublin Mail Centre on the Nangor rd

• Registered Users Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Truckermal

I can get it deliverer 'Thursday' with prime dispatched from Amazon. Which currently means Friday or a 50% chance of not at all in my case.

I order 4 units and they agreed a refund on Monday evening which is gone through low and behold it's after being dispatched..:P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Peig Sayers

Ordered a microwave on Sep 28. Due to be delivered on Fri 3rd Oct. Order said delayed and now due Mon 5th. Order had arrived in the country on Sat. Today I check to see that it had been sent back to Amazon "delay in delivery due to arrival at incorrect carrier facility"??? WTF? Rang them and got some bored young wan eating hob nobs in front of daytime tv! Not interested in my query, couldn't tell me why it happened. I asked for an email address to take it further but was told I could only contact them through phone or chat. Livid.

• Advertisement

Ordered a microwave on Sep 28. Due to be delivered on Fri 3rd Oct. Order said delayed and now due Mon 5th. Order had arrived in the country on Sat. Today I check to see that it had been sent back to Amazon "delay in delivery due to arrival at incorrect carrier facility"??? WTF? Rang them and got some bored young wan eating hob nobs in front of daytime tv! Not interested in my query, couldn't tell me why it happened. I asked for an email address to take it further but was told I could only contact them through phone or chat. Livid.

What's the major issue? A slight delay because a company shipping millions of items made a mistake.

There's a lot of important stuff to get livid over

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Peig Sayers

What's the major issue? A slight delay because a company shipping millions of items made a mistake.

There's a lot of important stuff to get livid over

'slight delay'? They cancelled the order because they sent it to the wrong carrier facility who then sent it back to them! I could have collected it if they had told me where they sent it to. Not good enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

'slight delay'? They cancelled the order because they sent it to the wrong carrier facility who then sent it back to them! I could have collected it if they had told me where they sent it to. Not good enough.

order another one and go on chat and have a whinge and they'll probably give you some credit or something. Tell them the kids won't have eaten for a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Ordered a printer saturday, due thursday according to the order at the time. Just got a message that it will be delivered today.

sweetie wrote: »
    Ordered a printer saturday, due thursday according to the order at the time. Just got a message that it will be delivered today.

yeah I'm getting a lot of that, ordered something Sunday night expected for Friday and delivered just there.

• Advertisement

Do they have a new carrier for Ireland now? Two items have just shipped for me and it says 'Delivery By Amazon'.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭JimmyVik

Do they have a new carrier for Ireland now? Two items have just shipped for me and it says 'Delivery By Amazon'.

I heard that they will be opening their Irish fulfillment center this month and have already trained up drivers.
    Maybe they are already using it to iron out teething problems before the big announcement.

JimmyVik wrote: »
    I heard that they will be opening their Irish fulfillment center this month and have already trained up drivers.
    Maybe they are already using it to iron out teething problems before the big announcement.

This should be fun. Hopefully they'll arrive on Friday like they are supposed to and not get lost.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭TimHorton

2 orders on the way are coming via DPD ,

Something has changed anyway, you now get some notifications on how many stops they are away and map tracking for deliveries

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭Bikerman2019

Jobs have appeared on the jobsites for drivers based in Rathcoole

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭somebody_else

I got one order today by anpost.
    Pity that amazon envelope was empty.
    Lucky amazon chat was helpful and I should get refund in 5-7 working days.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,178 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

they have started using their own drivers for some deliveries. Had some items delivered on sunday and 1 on monday. a sunday delivery was a nice surprise

they have started using their own drivers for some deliveries. Had some items delivered on sunday and 1 on monday. a sunday delivery was a nice surprise

Oh I hate weekend deliveries. I like to have a lie in at the weekend. If it's An Post they usually come at 9am ish on a Saturday/Sunday. I had a courier delivery (not Amazon) delivery at 4 30pm last Sunday when all my tracking info said Monday. That was weird!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭JimmyVik

Caranica wrote: »
    Oh I hate weekend deliveries. I like to have a lie in at the weekend. If it's An Post they usually come at 9am ish on a Saturday/Sunday. I had a courier delivery (not Amazon) delivery at 4 30pm last Sunday when all my tracking info said Monday. That was weird!

I prefer an post delivering because they can leave stuff in the delivery box if you are out.

• Advertisement

Package delivered to me a day early so happy with that.

It does indeed give you how many stops away it is too before it's delivered.

Caranica wrote: »

it came at lunchtime on sunday so no issue with that.

where are you seeing that?

I got a delivery today that was due next Monday

where are you seeing that?

Once it's out for delivery a while it should show up when you track delivery.

Once it's out for delivery a while it should show up when you track delivery.

on the app or online?

on the app or online?

Both.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Interesting one here; Marvin Gaye What's goin on Vinyl is a deal on HDUK, £10.99. I goto the app to buy it and its not available at that price, only much higher with other sellers. I try an incognito page and uk vpn and it's available to purchase no problem.

Edit: same issue with a Tyler Ramsey album this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,166 ✭✭✭✭ED E

sweetie wrote: »
    Interesting one here; Marvin Gaye What's goin on Vinyl is a deal on HDUK, £10.99. I goto the app to buy it and its not available at that price, only much higher with other sellers. I try an incognito page and uk vpn and it's available to purchase no problem.

Edit: same issue with a Tyler Ramsey album this morning.

The labels could be implementing rules there. Same way lots of UK arms won't sell into Ireland and hurt the Irish division.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,855 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

Back at it again with Amazon blatantly discriminating ROI deliveries. In the run up to Christmas some push is inevitable but this is ridiculous.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B084R7RJB6/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Luxury camping chair so I don't have to eat sandwiches in the car and get crumbs in that uncleanable space between the handbrake and the drivers seat.

ROI Address: Free Standard delivery November 2nd. (8 days)
    NI Address: Free Prime delivery 27th October. (2 days)
    GB Address: Free One Day delivery 26th October (1 day!)

It seems now like Prime 2-day delivery is gone by default and all we're being offered is "Free Standard delivery".

8 days for ROI vs. 2 days for NI. Ridiculous. It will likely arrive a little bit earlier than that, it usually happens, but where has our 2 day delivery gone? Or even 3 or 4 with Christmas? But 8???

Advertisement