Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon discriminating Irish customers?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

dmc17 wrote: »
    I think you have the option at checkout to group into a single delivery or ship separately (I got caught out ordering to Parcel Wizard before and had to pay twice). By shipping individually, if something is delayed it doesn't affect the rest of the items.

It doesn't work. Last time I ordered off them I opted for everything in one delivery and they sent two deliveries about 3 hours apart, had to pay 2 parcel motel fees.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,022 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Last Amazon order was a few items fulfilled by Amazon, free delivery, not prime. Ordered evening of Fri 26th Sat 27th, delivered by An Post morning of Sat 4th. Things do seem to be improving.

Life ain't always empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,014 ✭✭✭Odhinn

I ordered an item on the 4th July, yet its still "preparing for dispatch" as of now - is this odd? I've no previous incidents like this in previous dealings with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭bmc58

Wuff Wuff wrote: »
    Joe Duffy is your only man

Or Dunnes Stores.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,829 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Ordered in stock items on 6th July. Delivery from Amazon SARL isn't until the 22nd - 16 days. I went to check & delivery to the UK is a week quicker.

The email option appears to have disappeared - does anyone know the email address ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,014 ✭✭✭Odhinn

Discodog wrote: »
    Ordered in stock items on 6th July. Delivery from Amazon SARL isn't until the 22nd - 16 days. I went to check & delivery to the UK is a week quicker.

The email option appears to have disappeared - does anyone know the email address ?

I can't find it either.

Odhinn wrote: »
    I can't find it either.

The chat doesn't work either. I want to complain about the delivery time & it gives me the option to cancel or say that I am happy with the delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,481 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

Odhinn wrote: »
    I can't find it either.

They have disabled and removed email during the pandemic. I've been trying, via FB, to get an address and they just won't give one .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭sgarvan

Mr.S wrote: »
    Prime / Priority seems to be back working, last two orders have been delivered within 2 working days.

Same here. Last order on Monday evening, dispatched Tuesday and delivered today.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭JimmyVik

I got through to them on their chat a few weeks ago.
    Took me about an hour following links all over the place before i finally got to it though.
    Thats poor customer care. And if its now gone, thats the worst customer care ever. Well besides Eir.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭richardw001

heres a weird one - delivery time seems to have speeded up

However out of 4 orders in the last week

one order came but was completely the wrong item

second order (compelely different items) went from being ordered into some refund state (damaged ?) - the times a weird on the history

Saturday, 4 July
    Package has shipped

Sunday, 5 July
    5:37 PM
    Package departed an Amazon facility
    Southend-On-Sea, Essex GB

3:57 PM
    Package arrived at an Amazon facility
    Southend-On-Sea, Essex GB

2:40 PM
    Package departed an Amazon facility
    Coslada, Madrid, (España), Madrid ES

2:11 PM
    Parcel was damaged and returning to shipper.

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭hognef

Ordered four (Prime-qualifying Amazon-sold and Amaxon-fulfilled) items in the evening of Tuesday 7th, with priority delivery on the 13th. All four arrived this morning, delivered by An Post.

Interestingly, the items (despite being two pairs of two identical items) were packaged and shipped individually. For all, the tracking history starts with the parcel arriving in the Dublin Parcel Hub.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,494 ✭✭✭Charles Babbage

They give you a date in a week and then it arrives 3 days early. This is a bit of a pain and it helps to know what day to be around for the delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭timetogo1

They seem to be fixing the problem. I ordered some stuff on Wednesday. Random collection of bits coming to about €100.
    They shipped on Thursday and arrived this morning by DPD. I don't have prime and only chose free shipping.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,400 ✭✭✭VG31

All my Amazon orders this year have been with An Post except one about two months ago with DPD. I also had one delivered by UPS this week but that was above An Post's size limit.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,718 ✭✭✭Xterminator

Going back to the title of this thread, maybe amazons irish 'apartheid' policies have been ended, suspiciously enough along with the easing of covid restrictions in the workplaces, and a resumption of normal-ish business in the warehouse and supply and distribution networks.

Or just maybe they never discriminated against irish people at all? I guess we will never know :)!

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭autumnalcore

Things have improve but not counting my chickens yet, I'm still waiting on an order from 29th June that was in stock and appears to be taking the slow boat through every fulfillment center in the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭davo2001

Just as a comparison, I ordered something from https://cpc.farnell.com/ which is a UK website on Thursday morning and it arrived at my door in the midwest at 1pm Friday, 25 hours after ordering.

It was shipped from Preston in the UK via standard post.

Amazon are taking the piss.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,494 ✭✭✭Charles Babbage

I just got an email from Amazon that my order had been dispatched and would be delivered on Friday by DPD.
    I then get an email from DPD saying that my order would be delivered on Tuesday! This is fine, of course, but they need to get their act together.

Looks like a new tactic to get Prime customers.

I was looking at a phone. Free delivery in 3 weeks or £8 for delivery in 3 days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭TimHorton

Placed 2 separate orders on Friday , Both arrived before 8AM today via AnPost....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭SPDUB

davo2001 wrote: »
    Just as a comparison, I ordered something from https://cpc.farnell.com/ which is a UK website on Thursday morning and it arrived at my door in the midwest at 1pm Friday, 25 hours after ordering.

It was shipped from Preston in the UK via standard post.

Amazon are taking the piss.

Same with me .

I ordered extra long HDMI lead from Amazon and other company on Thursday evening .

The independent company lead arrived this morning .

The Amazon lead is due next Saturday .

I just ordered a phone from Amazon Spain. Express delivery was only an extra 80 cent & it will be delivered on Thursday 16th.

The Amazon UK equivalent was €60 more with delivery in two weeks.

Most items on Amazon are now showing as delivery on Thursday. The two day priority delivery seems to be back. It's no faster to deliver to NI.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,035 ✭✭✭OU812

I've just cancelled my prime account. Fed up with stuff taking so long to deliver

OU812 wrote: »
    I've just cancelled my prime account. Fed up with stuff taking so long to deliver

They're not taking so long to deliver any more. My last few orders have all been delivered within three days. Delivery is on Thursday if you order now for most items.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,035 ✭✭✭OU812

VG31 wrote: »
    They're not taking so long to deliver any more. My last few orders have all been delivered within three days. Delivery is on Thursday if you order now for most items.

I order stuff weekly, latest order yesterday was dispatched yesterday evening & is reporting as delivering on Saturday.

I'm paying for two day delivery. Under lockdown I can understand delays, but I'm not prepared to put up with it any longer..

I may pick up a discounted prime membership when that comes around, but I'm not paying full price.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭TimHorton

OU812 wrote: »
    I order stuff weekly, latest order yesterday was dispatched yesterday evening & is reporting as delivering on Saturday.

I'm paying for two day delivery. Under lockdown I can understand delays, but I'm not prepared to put up with it any longer..

I may pick up a discounted prime membership when that comes around, but I'm not paying full price.

I'm on year 2 of a 6 year 39/year student deal on Prime that popped up here a year or 2 ago

• Registered Users Posts: 10,021 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

I ordered last night, guaranteed delivery Thursday but fully expecting it tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,547 ✭✭✭rock22

TimHorton wrote: »
    I'm on year 2 of a 6 year 39/year student deal on Prime that popped up here a year or 2 ago

For what it is worth, I regularly order items from a small retailer in UK(Bedfordshire). Orders are still only taking about 2 to 3 working days and have been so all through the Covid lockdown. Uses RM standard post.

So the delay is not with Royal Mail or An Post.

Advertisement