Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Chat 2019/20

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

CSF wrote: »
    I don’t think it’s that attractive a DGW personally. I’ll be keeping the double Sheff United coverage, KDB and probably Grealish anyway, so how many extra appealing DGW options are there for me to use the chip on?

It's more I prefer what I have to what I would be holding after trying to take advantage of the double so using the fh means I can up my dgw coverage then revert back to this. Who doesn't like maxing out on dgw players!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,829 ✭✭✭✭CSF

jimmii wrote: »
    It's more I prefer what I have to what I would be holding after trying to take advantage of the double so using the fh means I can up my dgw coverage then revert back to this. Who doesn't like maxing out on dgw players!

I just think that a week will come along when I will really want the Free Hit

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

Fixture ticker updated on FFS
    To the batcave

Well now I really have food for thought. Rate my team is giving me a VERY healthy score for the week after next with current squad. Mane and Salah at home to palace(and another week to decide which of them to sell), Jota and Jiminez at home to Bournemouth . Even DCL has a decent fixture. I would probably be able to bank and then look at who I want out of the likes of Son , Kane Rashford etc.

I am very very very tempted to free hit now. The likes of Aguero , Auba etc may well blank . But I would not like to be on the wrong side of big hauls for lots of players i won't own. I also do no want KDB long term. I am talking myself into it by the minute

my main problem was I would be going without either mane or salah on free more than likely. Would keep TAA. Had it in my head that they were high scoring affairs. So i checked
    Everton 0 - 0 Liverpool League
    Sun 02 Dec Liverpool 1 - 0 Everton League
    2017/2018 Sat 07 Apr Everton 0 - 0 Liverpool League
    Sun 10 Dec Liverpool 1 - 1 Everton League
    2016/2017 Sat 01 Apr Liverpool 3 - 1 Everton League
    Sat 17 Dec Everton 0 - 0 Liverpool League
    2015/2016 Sat 27 Feb Liverpool 0 - 0 Everton League
    Sun 04 Oct Everton 1 - 1 Liverpool

Henderson
    Egan TAA laporte
    kdb grealish pepe sgw player or fleck
    aguero auba sgw player(rashford maybe)

I don't hate it but it feels VERY punty

Current squad is (obviously have unlimited transfers but I would not be changing any of the back 7 either way and only maybe 3 of the rest)
    henderson pope (still don't see a better combo)
    TAA Boly egan fernandez taylor (all have something to play for bar pope and taylor)
    Salah mane fernandes grealish barnes (would sell one of salah or mane but which one.......would downgrade barnes)
    Jiminez DCL Jota (would sell Jota for Auba with a view to getting kane or rashford after their first 2 fixtures. No idea what I would do with DCL)

so my unlimited transfers would be 3 maybe 4 !!!!!!

I dunno..........

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Lundstram

Don't forget Henderson is not allowed play against United in GW31.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,438 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Lundstram wrote: »
    Don't forget Henderson is not allowed play against United in GW31.

He has Pope with a nice home fixture that week.

He has Pope with a nice home fixture that week.

The only reason I haven’t downgraded him

Only one day between end of gw 30 and start of 31 too
    Makes it easier to be strong and bank

km79 wrote: »
    The only reason I haven’t downgraded him

Same! Did a FH team earlier very similar to yours. I'm at 80k though so feel like it could be a good week to punt. Lots to ponder.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

CSF wrote: »
    I just think that a week will come along when I will really want the Free Hit

That's every week!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,400 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Henderson
    Egan TAA laporte
    kdb grealish pepe sgw player or fleck
    aguero auba sgw player(rashford maybe)

I don't hate it but it feels VERY punty

Current squad is (obviously have unlimited transfers but I would not be changing any of the back 7 either way and only maybe 3 of the rest)
    henderson pope (still don't see a better combo)
    TAA Boly egan fernandez taylor (all have something to play for bar pope and taylor)
    Salah mane fernandes grealish barnes (would sell one of salah or mane but which one.......would downgrade barnes)
    Jiminez DCL Jota (would sell Jota for Auba with a view to getting kane or rashford after their first 2 fixtures. No idea what I would do with DCL)

so my unlimited transfers would be 3 maybe 4 !!!!!!

I dunno..........

We have a similar predicament.

Current team is:
    Pope Henderson
    TAA Fernandez VVD Doherty Cathcart
    Salah Kdb Fernandes Fleck Barnes
    Auba Jimi Jota

I'm leaning towards FH

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Current team is:
    Pope Henderson
    Auba Jimi Jota

I'm leaning towards FH

I would reduce to one wolves striker from 2

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Feels ridiculous contemplating free hit the only time I'll ever have unlimited transfers outside of wildcard, even though I've FH and BB but I have a lot of value tied up that I don't want to lose.

So thinking FH this week wildcard next

Morzadec wrote: »
    This is all true, but it means identifying those who might be rotation free and can contribute points will be key and there's still a skill in that. For example, Grealish looks an absolute must-have for the rest of the season imo for this reason.

I'll be looking at centre-backs a lot more in my back-line rather than full backs too.

I expect the relegation battle and the CL battle to go to the wire, should be lots of players to pick from from those 6 or 7 teams involved

I agree to an extent.

It’s not hard to find the teams with something to play for and their first 11’s.

But what about the increase in injuries (that I think) we’ve seen in Germany ? Luck involved there.

5 subs has been brought in for a reason. It’ll be well used. To freshen things up and to help prevent injury. Luck involved there.

Buying a centre back over a fullback seems the smart move till Doherty is subbed after 63 minutes, with a clean sheet, and then they concede 10 minutes later and Boly loses his clean sheet. And so on. Luck involved there.

Every way I look at reasoning it I realise it’s mostly in the lap of the Gods.

I think part of the reason I do well at the game is reading a situation with a club but I feel it’s more punty now.

A quick example, I was thinking Arsenal or Villa may do very well NOT playing in front of their fans. I feel the tension sometimes spills from the stands on to the pitch and maybe they’ll be more free to concentrate now. Some may think I’m wrong with including Villa in this example as they have fantastic vocal supporters but I do feel the tension spills over at Villa.

Then there’s Sheffield United. Will they be as good without their fans ?

There’s so much going on I feel luck will be the biggest factor. It’s a very very very different game now to what it was when the season started.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭GetWithIt

Henderson + 2 Sheffield United defenders for the DGW. Too much?

Also, 3 City attackers.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,400 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    I would reduce to one wolves striker from 2

That's the plan for GW40. Going to be a FH in GW39 so they'll both be gone on a punt.

Current team is:
    Pope Henderson
    Auba Jimi Jota

I'm leaning towards FH

As am I. The plan all along had been to use it in the DGW. I just didn’t know I would also have unlimited transfers :D
    Wish there was a better arsenal second option than Pepe though. Feels very very punty

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Seriously thinking about a FH aswell. I really like my current team so dont want to make many changes.

http://twitter.com/Simon_Hughes__/status/1270463585806942209

Also
    Man uniteds friendly with stoke called off as stoke player tested positive in advance of game

Maybe I should hold the free hit .....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭patmac

Not overthinking this, have settled on this , BB followed by WC, locked and loaded and no changes unless I get early news.
    Pope, Henderson
    Lundstram Egan TAA Targett LaPorte
    KDB Grealish Pepe Saka McGinn
    Aubameyang Aguero(c) Ings
    12 DGW and possibly a last chance for a DGW Aguero captain, sure why not.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,364 ✭✭✭Shedite27

No WC left for me so gonna make transfers this week that will suffice for a few weeks.

BB this week (Bolds DGW)
    Leno Henderson
    TAA Laporte Doherty Targett Baldock
    Grealish Mane Mahrez Son Fernandez
    Jiminez Pukki Martinelli

Basically have 8 DGW players, they're not the stars like Aguero etc, but it just means my defence has a potential 8 games rather than 4.
    Mahrez instead of KDB, as I think he'll flourish with the 5 subs idea.
    Will wait till closer to confirm Son is available.
    Up front I've lots of questionmarks. Pukki could become King/DCL and Martinelli could become Nketiah (5 subs should get them DGW gametime, bench fodder after that)

Anybody have tc left? I really wish I'd used it on Salah/Mane that time. Aguero this week is tempting but will he get the minutes. KDB could be a safer bet. Or just hold off for a single gwk later? No idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,596 ✭✭✭Cartman78

After a couple of days if mature reflection I've decided to go full steam ahead with the almost too good to be true Unlimited Transfers-BB-WC plan.

It totally reeks of a classic FPL trap but is likely to be the optimum use of BB at this stage.

Team value is the only obvious fly in the ointment...I currently have TAA, Salah & Mane so will have to make a call on that. Fwiw I think Klopp will rest the big hitters once the league is secured....as a Liverpool fan I couldn't give a shyte about record points total etc as long as the league is won and those guys could do with a rest

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

patmac wrote: »
    Not overthinking this, have settled on this , BB followed by WC, locked and loaded and no changes unless I get early news.
    Pope, Henderson
    Lundstram Egan TAA Targett LaPorte
    KDB Grealish Pepe Saka McGinn
    Aubameyang Aguero(c) Ings
    12 DGW and possibly a last chance for a DGW Aguero captain, sure why not.

I like that!
    I’m BB this week too and looking at
    Ederson Henderson
    Lundstram Mings Bellerin Boly Soy
    KDB Grealish McGinn Fleck Bruno
    Kun (c) Auba Jota

WC then next game week I think. I’m not getting worried about value or over thinking things I just want points to put pressure on the leader in my money league

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭shineon23

I'm now leaning away from a free hit and towards using unlimited transfers to bench boost.

The 4 (1 dgw player, 3 singles) extra bench players will hopefully get me an extra 10 points if they play 60 mins.

I figure if i free hit my rivals will end up with a similar team to be mine from unlimited teansfers so no advantage for me.

They don't have bench boost so that possible 10 points minimum is worth it.

Will be trying to have a decent starting 11 for gw31+ but prepared to wildcard out of my gw30+ team if needs be.

Only have value built up in taa(0.4), salah (0.1) and ings (0.3) and holding taa so taking team value out of my thinking a bit.

Main sticking point now is choice between city defensive cover or all out with Aguero, Sterling, KDB.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Darksoul

shineon23 wrote: »
    I'm now leaning away from a free hit and towards using unlimited transfers to bench boost.

The 4 (1 dgw player, 3 singles) extra bench players will hopefully get me an extra 10 points if they play 60 mins.

I figure if i free hit my rivals will end up with a similar team to be mine from unlimited teansfers so no advantage for me.

They don't have bench boost so that possible 10 points minimum is worth it.

Will be trying to have a decent starting 11 for gw31+ but prepared to wildcard out of my gw30+ team if needs be.

Only have value built up in taa(0.4), salah (0.1) and ings (0.3) and holding taa so taking team value out of my thinking a bit.

Main sticking point now is choice between city defensive cover or all out with Aguero, Sterling, KDB.

Definitely a Man City attack looks appealing,but I'd include Mahrez in your team if you do triple up on attack.

Defense wise if your bench boosting have Ederson in your team maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭bmorrissey

Already used my BB (But got 20 points out of it so im taking that as a win) and only have my free hit left which i was planning for a DGW so thats that blown to ****, anyways heres my team and im sticking to it,

pope, henderson
    TAA, Taylor, Baldock, Fernandez, Soyuncu,
    Salah, KDB, Martial, Alli, Grealish
    Auba, Jota, Ayew

bmorrissey wrote: »
    Already used my BB (But got 20 points out of it so im taking that as a win) and only have my free hit left which i was planning for a DGW so thats that blown to ****, anyways heres my team and im sticking to it,

pope, henderson
    TAA, Taylor, Baldock, Fernandez, Soyuncu,
    Salah, KDB, Martial, Alli, Grealish
    Auba, Jota, Ayew

Nice team. Few differentials in there.
    So you are keeping FH?
    I’m 50/50 still on what to do
    It’s also my last chip

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭bmorrissey

Nice team. Few differentials in there.
    So you are keeping FH?
    I’m 50/50 still on what to do
    It’s also my last chip

Yeah, tried to add in players who have favorable fixtures in the weeks coming and not bank too much on one team

Gonna keep the free hit for now, ill hold on to it until the last week or two, give me a better idea of which teams are gonna be playing for nothing and which teams will be tossing the kitchen sink fighting for survival or places in europe.

Advertisement