Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Chat 2019/20

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭False Prophet

Brego888 wrote: »
    How do you reckon that?

I guess he means that you can use all the free transfers and fill up with 12 double gameweek players and play bench boost.

Then wildcard gameweek after to return team to something like normal.

(then if you also have freehit use that last gw of the season)

Time will tell, personally i think it might turn out to be a disaster bench boost with the teams that are in it compared to other seasons

• Registered Users Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭Brego888

Any love for a treble captain on a man city attacker? De Bruyne or Aguero

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭GetWithIt

Any love for a treble captain on a man city attacker? De Bruyne or Aguero
    Caught up on 10 pages of moaning and can’t believe this is the first mention of this.

TC and free hit seem massively diminished in value. There’s always been an argument for BB in a single GW if the fixtures fall you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

Merlin could be making it back into my team for a last hurrah any chance pep gets sentimental and gives him more minutes as a farewell

• Registered Users Posts: 36,086 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

How do you reckon that?

Listen, I've played this game enough to know it can all go wrong no matter what you do.

But unlimited transfers for the only DGW, where you can BB, and then wildcard to set your team for the rest of the season?

That is the greatest chip strategy that has ever existed, and it's fallen in people's laps.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

I guess he means that you can use all the free transfers and fill up with 12 double gameweek players and play bench boost.

Then wildcard gameweek after to return team to something like normal.

(then if you also have freehit use that last gw of the season)

Time will tell, personally i think it might turn out to be a disaster bench boost with the teams that are in it compared to other seasons

I tend to agree that it wont be as good a bench boost as other seasons, but its still likely going to be the best remaining week to play it this year.

I think we are going to see alot of luck involved over the remainder of the league due to short turnarounds etc, especially among st the teams with little to play for.

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭selassie

DGW is a trap, I'd expect lots of rotation and early subs.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Merlin could be making it back into my team for a last hurrah any chance pep gets sentimental and gives him more minutes as a farewell
    Bring him in final gw. Home to Norwich, everyone will be trying to help him score, will probably be on pens. Captain material.

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭The Phantom Jipper

SlickRic wrote: »
    Listen, I've played this game enough to know it can all go wrong no matter what you do.

But unlimited transfers for the only DGW, where you can BB, and then wildcard to set your team for the rest of the season?

That is the greatest chip strategy that has ever existed, and it's fallen in people's laps.

I've been mulling it over and it seems like much of a muchness to me. Maybe my team lends itself better to a FH compared to other managers but I'm not seeing a huge amount of upside to unlimited transfers and then wildcarding.

Random thoughts below;

A wildcard seems more valuable after a few gameweeks of evidence. We get an idea of who's fit, on form, and which teams are putting the effort in. I wouldn't fancy having to wildcard based purely on the first gameweek back.

A lot of value lost transferring guys out and back in. Value at this stage isn't the be all and end all, but losing a couple of million of value might stop me getting players back that I want.

As above, if I want to retain value in certain players, these guys have to be on my bench for the BB. Many of the players that I'd be inclined to keep for value purposes dont have great games in GW30

With only 4 DGW teams, I'm going to have at least 3 lads with one game. I'm going to tear up my team and be forced to use my wildcard for the purposes of BB 3 players that might be marginally better than what I could BB in a few weeks time? That seems to be the main difference in the two strategies - that a BB in 30 is better than a BB later in the season because of the DGW but since the BB in 30 can only have single gameweek players, where exactly is the big upside?

Related to the above, if I'm keeping Mane or Salah etc on my bench, that's a massive chunk of money that I'm not investing in the DGW lads. If I use a FH and focus on a strong first 11/rubbish bench I can load up on KDB, Sterling, Aguero, Auba, Pepe, Grealish and my pick of Villa and Sheffield for the rest.

I'm in two minds which to do but it's not as clear cut as it seems, at least with the team I currently have

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭Darksoul

I have BB and FH left,still not sure what to do, how do I go about GW31 with a good starting 11 players.

Should I use unlimited transfers for setting up my GW31,FH afterwards for a ( x3 shef, x3 city, x3 ars and grealish etc ) for GW 30 ?

Im 50 points behind the leader but I know the above 4 players in my league have used all thier chips,so was wondering is this the best time to use FH ? I can BB anytime later on in season when I know who is roughly starting games etc.

Any advice?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,137 ✭✭✭✭km79

manual_man wrote: »
    Bring him in final gw. Home to Norwich, everyone will be trying to help him score, will probably be on pens. Captain material.

One of the reasons I’m thinking of keeping FH is for situations like this

• Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Dearg81

SlickRic wrote: »

I think you're exaggerating. My bench boost last season had lots of double game week players, I'll have 1 gk this time if I use it this week. I'd be happy with around 20 points from the bench.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

What’s the thoughts on Liverpool rotation?
    Everton and city in the first three, league could be won after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,963 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

Green&Red wrote: »

Think they’ll still hungry for records and Allison, VVD, Robbo, TAA, Henderson, Mane and Salah will get close to maximum minutes.

But the likes of Milner, Lallana, Origi will probably get a start somewhere along the way..

Hard to know
    They have nothing to rotate for !

I really don't see much of it. Well rested squad, with just the league to play for - and the possibility to set records. I think they'll probably be going at it hammer and tongs. Will probably take advantage of 5 subs rule to sub off 1st teamers to strategically keep them fresh. I see extremely little rotation. Minutes played per game may be a little lower, though Liverpool tend to inflict most damage early on in games so I'm not sure that will make much of a difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Think they’ll still hungry for records and Allison, VVD, Robbo, TAA, Henderson, Mane and Salah will get close to maximum minutes.

But the likes of Milner, Lallana, Origi will probably get a start somewhere along the way..

I think he'll give the youngsters like Jones some game time too.

It’s a dice roll now with the exception of teams with something to actually play for.

Even at full match fitness we would see lots of rotation but given the circumstances we will see a lot more. And more injuries too. And then there’s all the subs. It’s gonna be chaos.

It’s going to be a nightmare and luck will play the biggest part more than ever before.

There’s no predicting what’s about to happen.

You’re off your head if you think managers, with nothing to play for, are risking players they’ll need for next season. Cotton wool will be the new hand sanitiser. Sold out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭BrentMused

Hi all,

I have all my chips left except BB so with the unlimited transfers I'm leaning towards the popular BB this week and wildcarding next strategy.

I'm looking at something like the below:

Ederson
    Stevens Egan Luiz Targett
    KDB Grealish Pepe McGinn
    Aubameyang Aguero

Henderson, Jimenez, Traore, Lascelles

Alternatively, I could get Mahrez or Silva instead of Pepe and go with someone like Leno in goal which I'm strongly considering either.

I don't mind losing my 3 Liverpool players for this week and could get TAA and Salah or Mane back easily enough on wildcard as I like the look of a lot of lower priced players for the remainder of the season anyway.

Only 1 DGW player on the bench but with the increased substitutions, larger squads and no real idea how things are going to shape up it's impossible to go at things with any more than an educated guess at the moment so I'm just going to try and enjoy the last few weeks.

What do you think?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

km79 wrote: »
    Hard to know
    They have nothing to rotate for !

Medals

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

It’s a dice roll now with the exception of teams with something to actually play for.

Even at full match fitness we would see lots of rotation but given the circumstances we will see a lot more. And more injuries too. And then there’s all the subs. It’s gonna be chaos.

It’s going to be a nightmare and luck will play the biggest part more than ever before.

There’s no predicting what’s about to happen.

You’re off your head if you think managers, with nothing to play for, are risking players they’ll need for next season. Cotton wool will be the new hand sanitiser. Sold out.

This is all true, but it means identifying those who might be rotation free and can contribute points will be key and there's still a skill in that. For example, Grealish looks an absolute must-have for the rest of the season imo for this reason.

I'll be looking at centre-backs a lot more in my back-line rather than full backs too.

I expect the relegation battle and the CL battle to go to the wire, should be lots of players to pick from from those 6 or 7 teams involved

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

BrentMused wrote: »
    Hi all,

I have all my chips left except BB so with the unlimited transfers I'm leaning towards the popular BB this week and wildcarding next strategy.

I'm looking at something like the below:

Ederson
    Stevens Egan Luiz Targett
    KDB Grealish Pepe McGinn
    Aubameyang Aguero

Henderson, Jimenez, Traore, Lascelles

Alternatively, I could get Mahrez or Silva instead of Pepe and go with someone like Leno in goal which I'm strongly considering either.

I don't mind losing my 3 Liverpool players for this week and could get TAA and Salah or Mane back easily enough on wildcard as I like the look of a lot of lower priced players for the remainder of the season anyway.

Only 1 DGW player on the bench but with the increased substitutions, larger squads and no real idea how things are going to shape up it's impossible to go at things with any more than an educated guess at the moment so I'm just going to try and enjoy the last few weeks.

What do you think?

Have to reply to you because of that great user name!

I'm a fan of going Leno in goals. Reason being is that Arsenal have a very short turnaround time for their DGW. Goalkeeper is the one position you can at least be sure of having 2 games in. They'l prob concede a few to City but you never know, could get lucky with save points.

I've gone with Laporte as City defensive cover. No guarantee he'll play both.

Another slight move I've made with conservatism over rotation risk in mind is Mings over Targett. Centre-backs don't get through as much running as full-backs and Mings is key to Villa's backline. It's a small tweak but I'd be at least 90% confident of Mings starting and completing both games, whereas Targett I'd be more like 70%.

My final comment would be to have a look at how much it'd cost you to get your Liverpool players back in. I'm prob letting Robbo go (no loss) and Salah too (I'll lose 0.2), but TAA would cost me 0.5 to get him back in, so keeping him in for that reason.

Pepe I'm really unsure about, don't feel like I have good knowledge on him. Could be a good and fun punt, but could easily be rotated and Arsenal are up against City. If you needed funds to hold on to TAA or get Laporte in then I'd consider downgrading Pepe to a reliable performer witha good SGW fixture like Barnes.

My 2c anyway, the rest along with those changes is similar to how I have my team set up anyway but who knows if I've got it right!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

For liverpool I think a fair bit of rotation in midfield, firmino wont start all the games and neither will gomez. I think Salah and Mane will start all the time maybe miss out once each at most.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

Morzadec wrote: »
    Have to reply to you because of that great user name!

I'm a fan of going Leno in goals. Reason being is that Arsenal have a very short turnaround time for their DGW. Goalkeeper is the one position you can at least be sure of having 2 games in. They'l prob concede a few to City but you never know, could get lucky with save points.

I've gone with Laporte as City defensive cover. No guarantee he'll play both.

Another slight move I've made with conservatism over rotation risk in mind is Mings over Targett. Centre-backs don't get through as much running as full-backs and Mings is key to Villa's backline. It's a small tweak but I'd be at least 90% confident of Mings starting and completing both games, whereas Targett I'd be more like 70%.

My final comment would be to have a look at how much it'd cost you to get your Liverpool players back in. I'm prob letting Robbo go (no loss) and Salah too (I'll lose 0.2), but TAA would cost me 0.5 to get him back in, so keeping him in for that reason.

Pepe I'm really unsure about, don't feel like I have good knowledge on him. Could be a good and fun punt, but could easily be rotated and Arsenal are up against City. If you needed funds to hold on to TAA or get Laporte in then I'd consider downgrading Pepe to a reliable performer witha good SGW fixture like Barnes.

My 2c anyway, the rest along with those changes is similar to how I have my team set up anyway but who knows if I've got it right!

Honestly don’t see the love for Pepe.....has been inconsistent at best since joining Arsenal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭shineon23

Darksoul wrote: »
    I have BB and FH left,still not sure what to do, how do I go about GW31 with a good starting 11 players.

Should I use unlimited transfers for setting up my GW31,FH afterwards for a ( x3 shef, x3 city, x3 ars and grealish etc ) for GW 30 ?

Im 50 points behind the leader but I know the above 4 players in my league have used all thier chips,so was wondering is this the best time to use FH ? I can BB anytime later on in season when I know who is roughly starting games etc.

Any advice?

Free Hit will wipe all transfers made after the Gw38 deadline.

So if you free hit in gw30.
    In gw31+ You'd end up with the same 15 players you had at end of GW38/before you made any of the unlimited transfers in gw30+.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,910 ✭✭✭✭CSF

I know Aubameyang will be very popular this week. But is he worth it in the long run at his price.

Was considering going Pepe/Rashford instead of Sarr/Aubameyang, with more potential to shift Pepe to someone more similarly priced when the early Arsenal run of fixtures ends.

Honestly don’t see the love for Pepe.....has been inconsistent at best since joining Arsenal.
    He's most definitely a punt. Currently in my FH team, though may swap him out for Fernandes or someone else

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Anyone else thinking about passing up the free transfers and just fh? It's certainly tempting me.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,910 ✭✭✭✭CSF

jimmii wrote: »
    Anyone else thinking about passing up the free transfers and just fh? It's certainly tempting me.

I don’t think it’s that attractive a DGW personally. I’ll be keeping the double Sheff United coverage, KDB and probably Grealish anyway, so how many extra appealing DGW options are there for me to use the chip on?

• Advertisement

jimmii wrote: »

If I had been able to carry my 2FT I would
    Not willing to lose transfers on it when I already have and will be keeping 2 blades and Grealish
    Will prob get and keep KDB too with one eye on son in a week to two if I don’t get kane......
    Add auba in for this week and I wouldn’t want many more

Advertisement