Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Chat 2019/20

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭Darksoul

Morzadec wrote: »
    Going for a BB this week, think I'm all set with my team.

Main decision is who to punt on for the last two midfield spots, with a budget of 13.1 (KDB, McGinn, and Grealish being the other 3).

At the moment I have it on Harvey Barnes and Zaha. Both have nice fixtures, Barnes in form, Zaha not having a great season but he is a proven performer who should be central to what Palace do.

Other options might be:

- Martial and Cantwell
    - Ozil and Traore

Any other ideas for punts in this mid-range midfield brackets?

Fleck - Sheffield Utd
    Mount - Chelsea
    Henderson - Liverpool

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭bmorrissey

Can someone help out here?

Ive made a few changes to my team with the unlimited transfers and saved my team. If i now use a free hit to change more players for this week, which team will i reset back to for next game week? My original team before i made the changes for GW30+ or my team before i made them changes?

• Registered Users Posts: 48,137 ✭✭✭✭km79

bmorrissey wrote: »
    Can someone help out here?

Ive made a few changes to my team with the unlimited transfers and saved my team. If i now use a free hit to change more players for this week, which team will i reset back to for next game week? My original team before i made the changes for GW30+ or my team before i made them changes?
    Reset back to the original team .i.e the one you had during the time the game was closed
    Any transfers you made this week will be overridden

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭bmorrissey

km79 wrote: »
    Reset back to the original team .i.e the one you had during the time the game was closed
    Any transfers you made this week will be overridden

Ahh, i assumed and didnt want to tkae the risk, thanks a million

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭Blanco100

Naby Keita is going to light it up lads with no crowd. Will be one of the standout players towards end of season (if he gets the game time which I think he will)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,910 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Blanco100 wrote: »
    Naby Keita is going to light it up lads with no crowd. Will be one of the standout players towards end of season (if he gets the game time which I think he will)

Hard to think why the lads who have been in insane form all season would suddenly be dropped for him. Henderson and Wijnaldum unlikely to be going anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,321 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Sorry lads been out of the loop here for months and just looking at my team again for the first time in ages. I thought I read there was unlimited transfers before the next gameweek but when I try and make a load of transfers it asks me do I want to play my free hit. What am I missing here? I don't want to lose my free hit if there are unlimited transfers.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,910 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Sorry lads been out of the loop here for months and just looking at my team again for the first time in ages. I thought I read there was unlimited transfers before the next gameweek but when I try and make a load of transfers it asks me do I want to play my free hit. What am I missing here? I don't want to lose my free hit if there are unlimited transfers.

Just don’t play the free hit and you will have unlimited transfers anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 17,321 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

CSF wrote: »
    Just don’t play the free hit and you will have unlimited transfers anyway

Got it. Didn't actually scroll down past the free hit option but see it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭skippy15

With so many free transfers this week and people playing FH and beacuse he will be so long, think next week going see a crazy amount of price rises, not much at this stage but could be nice catch a few early rises for this BB and WC next week,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

skippy15 wrote: »
    With so many free transfers this week and people playing FH and beacuse he will be so long, think next week going see a crazy amount of price rises, not much at this stage but could be nice catch a few early rises for this BB and WC next week,

Prices frozen

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭Mocha Joe

So using Free Hit this week is a total waste?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭skippy15

Green&Red wrote: »
    Prices frozen

I know frozen for this week, but are they back functional next week?

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭The Phantom Jipper

Mocha Joe wrote: »
    So using Free Hit this week is a total waste?

It depends on whether you want your team back for GW31+, whether you have a bench boost to use, whether retaining team value is important to your plans for future gameweeks etc. Its probably not an option that most will take but can make sense in the right circumstances

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Decided to go with FH this week. Its my only remaining chip and really like my current team so would prefer to get it back next week.
    Reina
    Taa lundstram egan
    Grealish kdb sterling pepe fleck
    Auba aguero

Decided to go with FH this week. Its my only remaining chip and really like my current team so would prefer to get it back next week.
    Reina
    Taa lundstram egan
    Grealish kdb sterling pepe fleck
    Auba aguero
    Very similar to mine
    I am still torn on whether to go for Pepe or a sgw striker
    If I go Pepe it leaves nothing in the bank and nothing on the bench bar greenwood and Egan and o Connell as my sheff Utd defenders

If I go for someone like Abraham or even Rashford instead of Pepe I can have baldock and Stevens instead and have a bench just in case

I have to be very honest . I am also getting more and more tempted by Mahrez instead of sterling ............. I could end up with a huge amount ITB if I do. But given that sheff united and villa make up two of the DGW teams then that is no suprise

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Bench Boost and i'm going with this team;

Leno
    Targett TAA Lundstram
    Mahrez KDB(C) Fleck Grealish
    McBurnie Auba Aguero(VC)

Reina Mount Soyuncu Fernandez

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Any reason Baldock is being largely looked over?

manual_man wrote: »
    Any reason Baldock is being largely looked over?

Price Id imagine
    I think I’ll go with him and Stevens

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Price Id imagine
    I think I’ll go with him and Stevens
    Yeah that's who I'm going with. Was just wondering was there some other reason I wasn't aware of!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,525 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Very similar to mine
    I am still torn on whether to go for Pepe or a sgw striker
    If I go Pepe it leaves nothing in the bank and nothing on the bench bar greenwood and Egan and o Connell as my sheff Utd defenders

If I go for someone like Abraham or even Rashford instead of Pepe I can have baldock and Stevens instead and have a bench just in case

I have to be very honest . I am also getting more and more tempted by Mahrez instead of sterling ............. I could end up with a huge amount ITB if I do. But given that sheff united and villa make up two of the DGW teams then that is no suprise

I'm considering Mahrez now too and using the funds for someone like Son instead of Fleck. Also considering treble Blades defence, Henderson just feels like a much better option than Leno. Ahhh it's going to be a late night tonight I think! Won't have time for tinkering tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Looking at my Free Hit also I think

Reina
    VVD Stevens Egan
    KDB Sterling Grealish Fleck
    Aguero Auba Rashford

Don’t fancy Pepe, especially not as a double up with Auba
    Vardy also under consideration for the third striker spot, but I’d need to find 0.8m from somewhere

ScummyMan wrote: »
    Looking at my Free Hit also I think

Reina
    VVD Stevens Egan
    KDB Sterling Grealish Fleck
    Aguero Auba Rashford

Don’t fancy Pepe, especially not as a double up with Auba
    Vardy also under consideration for the third striker spot, but I’d need to find 0.8m from somewhere

Talk me into Rashford
    (It won’t take much )
    If you need .8 downgrade VVD
    I would not have him in this week tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

CSF wrote: »
    Hard to think why the lads who have been in insane form all season would suddenly be dropped for him. Henderson and Wijnaldum unlikely to be going anywhere.

They won't be for the first two or three games, but once the league is wrapped up the consensus is there will be a lot of rotation.

I agree with the prediction that he could well have a strong end of season, he's looked sharp in training games, Klopp will want to build up his confidence and give the likes of Hendo and Wijnaldum a well-earned rest. I do think he's one to keep your eye on as he's a lot more forward thinking than any of the usual Liverpool centre-mids. Ox too might be worth keeping an eye on.

And then even Curtis Jones I expect to get a good bit of game time

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Any opinions on Samatta at Villa? I know very little about him but he seems to have a good career scoring rate, seems nailed on as the striker and is 5.8 so seems a tempter for a one-week punt...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Talk me into Rashford
    (It won’t take much )
    If you need .8 downgrade VVD
    I would not have him in this week tbh

I think a game like Spurs away is set up perfectly with the way he and Utd like to play on the counter. He has scored more goals against top-half teams than any other forward I believe

Pogba and Bruno playing behind him now so you'd have to think he'll get in behind at least once or twice

Has apparently been on fire in the "pre-season"

The one doubt on my mind is that he may be playing on the left, but he does seem to thrive when cutting inside so not sure that's a negative

ScummyMan wrote: »
    I think a game like Spurs away is set up perfectly with the way he and Utd like to play on the counter. He has scored more goals against top-half teams than any other forward I believe

Pogba and Bruno playing behind him now so you'd have to think he'll get in behind at least once or twice

Has apparently been on fire in the "pre-season"

The one doubt on my mind is that he may be playing on the left, but he does seem to thrive when cutting inside so not sure that's a negative

Aurier will also be right back .......

My main doubt is how long he will play for .
    He is prob not on pens either
    It’s going to be him or Abraham I think
    And there are doubts over Abraham even starting apparently:(

Hhhmmm
    Getting Rashford really limits my ability to get Stevens and baldock
    And leaves me with no bench whatsoever .......

Unless I downgrade sterling to mahrez
    It’s an option I am seriously considering

• Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Morzadec wrote: »
    Any opinions on Samatta at Villa? I know very little about him but he seems to have a good career scoring rate, seems nailed on as the striker and is 5.8 so seems a tempter for a one-week punt...

I've seen him a couple of times this season and he scored a header in both matches. He's very strong in the air and especially from corners but will rely on the service from Grealish etc as he's not gonna create anything himself. I think he's worth a punt as he looks likely to play both games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Seems to be very little love for Laporte for this week. He's done well for me in other DGWs so I have him in with Kun and KDB for City.

If not him, then I downgrade and squeeze Mahrez in

Advertisement