Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Chat 2019/20

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭skippy15

Looked at a few scenarios already and seems has be a BB week,
    think will keep TAA and salah as part of this as my single game week players, with maybe 11 DGW players and maybe wc 2 or 3 weeks later depending how place settles and FH in the last week

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭The Phantom Jipper

My gameweek 31 team that comes back after a FH looks pretty decent so I'm very much leaning towards a FH 30, leave as is for 31, 2 transfers going into 32, and then WC in 33 or 34 once player form and team effort is a bit clearer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭shineon23

Darksoul wrote: »
    Definitely a Man City attack looks appealing,but I'd include Mahrez in your team if you do triple up on attack.

Defense wise if your bench boosting have Ederson in your team maybe?

I don't know if i could bring myself to put Mahrez in and risk missing out on a Sterling haul, when i have the funds to get him.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,137 ✭✭✭✭km79

shineon23 wrote: »
    I don't know if i could bring myself to put Mahrez in and risk missing out on a Sterling haul, when i have the funds to get him.

Sterling is due ............

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 22,525 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,505 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Lundstram brace today

KevIRL wrote: »
    Lundstram brace today

I did not need to read that

• Registered Users Posts: 12,420 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

KevIRL wrote: »
    Lundstram brace today

Good stuff. If I'm gonna punt, I might as well do it in style. It'd be nice to have him back, even if only for the FH.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

Quick question.....what was last GW in FPL where it operated normally?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Good stuff. If I'm gonna punt, I might as well do it in style. It'd be nice to have him back, even if only for the FH.

They play in the first match so we might get early team news. If he starts I'll be picking him too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,637 ✭✭✭shmeee

GetWithIt wrote: »
    Henderson + 2 Sheffield United defenders for the DGW. Too much?

Also, 3 City attackers.

This is where I'm stuck at the moment. And leaning towards City attack, Mahrez, KDB and Kun and Sheff Def/Mid options.

Will be holding TAA as huge value in him and Doherty also in defence as will be only WCing him back in for GW 31.

Another mock up team attempted tonight, a few pound short for the team I want, more tweaking required.

BTW, its WC into BB and then WC for 31 is what I'm doing. Tried the free hit option but will be going for near same team and value wise I won't lose too much on the players I WC out this GW.

Quick question.....what was last GW in FPL where it operated normally?

Just wondering as for some reason game is showing that I used Bench Boost during game week 32.....and I’m pretty sure I did no such thing as I tuned out when games were cancelled.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,642 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

anyone else not really bothered about this returning? Struggling to get interested

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭podge018

how do you check if and when you played your wildcard(s)?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,027 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

anyone else not really bothered about this returning? Struggling to get interested

Same here. No real interest

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Just wondering as for some reason game is showing that I used Bench Boost during game week 32.....and I’m pretty sure I did no such thing as I tuned out when games were cancelled.

29 was the last point scoring week. Any chance you logged in and misclicked? Seems very strange that would happen not seen anyone else report anything like that happen although there were chips being used most weeks while things were off and it did seem weird.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

podge018 wrote: »
    how do you check if and when you played your wildcard(s)?

Click points, then view gameweek history. You'll see your chips used listed at the bottom.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

FPL is like the Hotel California: You can check out any time you like, but you can never leave

• Registered Users Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭Shanee.

Top of a few of my leagues atm. Considering putting in 3 city players (Aguero, Sterling KDB) for the double GW and take out Salah / Mane. Opinions?

Team was:

Schmeichel
    TAA Boly Egan
    Salah Fleck Mane KDB
    Jimi Ings Auba

Considering changing to:

Henderson
    TAA Boly Egan
    Fernandes Fleck Sterling KDB
    Aguero Ings Auba

Thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭SameOleJay

I’m planning on the below over next few weeks

Bench boost for free transfers Gw 30
    Free hit 31
    Normal game week 32
    Wildcard 33

I’m happy enough that the gw 30 team serves me well in 32 and I really want to get a few weeks data before using the wildcard.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭bmorrissey

No Alli for next week, worth swapping him with Mahrez? Would have Mahrez and De bruyne on the one team then.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

bmorrissey wrote: »
    No Alli for next week, worth swapping him with Mahrez? Would have Mahrez and De bruyne on the one team then.

I think so

jimmii wrote: »
    29 was the last point scoring week. Any chance you logged in and misclicked? Seems very strange that would happen not seen anyone else report anything like that happen although there were chips being used most weeks while things were off and it did seem weird.

I must have done that but have no recollection of doing it at all....an expensive mistake!

I must have done that but have no recollection of doing it at all....an expensive mistake!

That's pretty unlucky but ita only a couple of button presses could have been a pocket play?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Just FYI, Jimenez's girlfriend is 8 months pregnant

Just FYI, Jimenez's girlfriend is 8 months pregnant

Never been so glad someone used his whole name and not Jimmi would have given my wife a shock.

I had a nightmare last night that I forgot to hit free hit before deadline and had benched Fernandez in original team as I watched him score and keep a clean sheet !

I think it’s fair to say my head is back in it :D

I think we’ve all heard about players, over the years, (and I can’t remember the actual turn of phrase) that are amazing in training during the week but effectively bottle it at the weekends.

I just listened to the OTB with Matt Doherty and he touched on it for a mere few seconds. Unfortunately the Gob****e that was interviewing him followed with ‘and don’t forget to be careful with what you’re saying on the pitch because we can all hear you now ca ca ca’.

I would have been really interested to hear what Matt would have said if he’d been pushed on the idea.

Can anyone think of/ remember these kind of players ? Because now is the time to be aware of them.

I’m relying on memory here but I remember hearing that Ben Chilwell was on loan and was playing against Millwall and wouldn’t go over and take a throw-in because he was intimidated. I wrote him off when I heard that but seems like he’s gone on since that.

So who are the scaredy cats that are about to explode and score loads of points ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,642 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

I think we’ve all heard about players, over the years, (and I can’t remember the actual turn of phrase) that are amazing in training during the week but effectively bottle it at the weekends.

I just listened to the OTB with Matt Doherty and he touched on it for a mere few seconds. Unfortunately the Gob****e that was interviewing him followed with ‘and don’t forget to be careful with what you’re saying on the pitch because we can all hear you now ca ca ca’.

I would have been really interested to hear what Matt would have said if he’d been pushed on the idea.

Can anyone think of/ remember these kind of players ? Because now is the time to be aware of them.

I’m relying on memory here but I remember hearing that Ben Chilwell was on loan and was playing against Millwall and wouldn’t go over and take a throw-in because he was intimidated. I wrote him off when I heard that but seems like he’s gone on since that.

So who are the scaredy cats that are about to explode and score loads of points ?

I was actually wondering how Lingard would get on without a crowd on his back as a Utd fan recently. Not sure how much he'll play but could benefit from it.
    I think Arsenal might do better without fans as well, they always seen to struggle when the crowd is on their back

• Advertisement

I think you may have just described Mesut Ozil

Advertisement