Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cities: Skylines

Options
1141516171820»

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Is the DLC pretty essential to the base game for a good/great Cities experience?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭Laviski

some of it is....

certain mods are essential to for traffic management as an example, at least when i was actively playing it.

essential imo:

Masst transit
    Natural Disasters
    After dark
    Green Cities (debatable)

others add more depth and micro management but been honest i stop buying after green cities.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Thanks for sharing that - I would have missed it otherwise and fancied that DLC, but not enough to pay for it.

I am bemused that when making your details public on steam you can hide hours played - I don't want to know this let alone show it to others.

• Advertisement

Park life is a really good addition to the game.

Got the DLC last night.

I will give it a go at the weekend if I get a chance.

Have only used the fishing part of it which is really cool to see all the boats in the harbour. pretty good that you can go beyond the owned cells too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Internet Friend

Handy tip with park life. Use the parks as your main connection between districts. For example (see pic below), I have an entertainment area with all the public transport links outside it, to enter the area Cims have to enter a park which takes them over a bridge through the park and into the district. With one of the mods I use I've disabled the pedestrian crossings at the roundabout, the result...

510820.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,815 ✭✭✭Alkers

Mc Love wrote: »

Find all the dlcs a complete rip off compared to the main game

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭HorseSea

Handy tip with park life. Use the parks as your main connection between districts. For example (see pic below), I have an entertainment area with all the public transport links outside it, to enter the area Cims have to enter a park which takes them over a bridge through the park and into the district. With one of the mods I use I've disabled the pedestrian crossings at the roundabout, the result...

LoL, I do that too, great income.

Also you don't need to use a railing, they won't cross the grass and use the gate (and pay) :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,815 ✭✭✭Alkers

Have it now too, haven't had much of a play around - apart from the detailed designing of the the various park types - what else is new? I see hot air balloons and tour busses anything else?

I saw something about being able to build beside paths but this seems to be only for the park-specific buildings within park districts? Also I thought I saw something about making use of dead space around buildings but don't see anything in game?

Definitely they do, but adding a load of DLC's at once gets a bit messy, easier to add one at a time and get up to speed with using each. I did that for a few and then added a few together when they were on sale and buggered up my city a bit. Still looks good value though.

• Administrators Posts: 53,439 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Can you use the expansion features on existing cities? Or do you have to start a new city with expansion features enabled?

awec wrote: »
    Can you use the expansion features on existing cities? Or do you have to start a new city with expansion features enabled?

Yes they work on existing cities - if you have any add-ons they might not be compatible with the expansions though is the only reason a city would become messed up

• Registered Users Posts: 12,601 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

I haven't played in a few years. Back in the day you needed quite lot of mods to do things like precision engineering, land terraforming, and traffic management.

Do the expansions contain those features.

Managing mods got really annoying....

Yes they work on existing cities - if you have any add-ons they might not be compatible with the expansions though is the only reason a city would become messed up

Yes, I should clarify that it was not the multiple DLC's that messed things up it was me using them all at once and not progressing through the new transport, Campus options etc.

Regarding mods, they are all still available and I use quite a few, but you can get along without any if you want.

Mods are essential though to run the city etc and some are like cheats like the terraforming etc.

• Advertisement
Advertisement