Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cities: Skylines

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭This Fat Girl Runs

Paradox are having a big sale on their website. Cities Skylines and DLCs are reduced. I don't have all the DLCs yet so I picked up After Dark and the High Tech Buildings.

https://www.paradoxplaza.com

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

350 new assets can't be bad!

I didn't realize there was that many new assets. Maybe I'll reconsider getting the dlc so!

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Haithabu

Haven't played this in a good while. Always think that my city's are amazing until I start looking at youtube videos :o. What's everyone's thoughts on the next DLC? Personally I think it won't add much to the game.
    I'll wait for the reviews. Greener Cities sound okay. Personally I would have hoped for content on rural communities so rather than building one big cities I'd like to build little villages on the map and connect them. Technically that works already but the games is not designed for that as utilities like schools, police stations, garbage etc all have a radius.
    If there is a big fire you would expect engines from the big city to come and you would expect students to go downtown to college as well.

Also a rural DLC could add bigger farms.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Any idea how long that sale is on for?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Lu Tze

Paradox are having a big sale on their website. Cities Skylines and DLCs are reduced. I don't have all the DLCs yet so I picked up After Dark and the High Tech Buildings.

Cheers,

Just bought the base game to see what this was all about

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,616 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Thank god I ran into this. I nearly started buying some of the DLC on Steam instead. :o

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

can't seem to buy the DLCs on paradox. keep getting an order failed message :(

I'm really enjoying Green Cities. :D I particularly like the new options for power and garbage.

I'm really enjoying Green Cities. :D I particularly like the new options for power and garbage.

Looking forward to getting it myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Internet Friend

Reviews of Green Cities seem to be pretty good, will look at getting it at some stage soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,819 ✭✭✭Alkers

Has anyone tried the PS4 edition?

Has anyone purchased the new dlc? If you, what are your thoughts on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Laviski

Green cities is worth it.
    very nice addition to the game.

expansion with the options within districts was needed - now includes options for residential and commercial.

It is worth it, although it does hurt the budget having a lot of self sufficient housing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Xios

Get the game for 8 euro with the humble bundle, plus a bunch of extras

https://www.humblebundle.com/strategy-sim-bundle

I think i'll get it, just to get it at such a good price.

Simona1986 wrote: »
    Has anyone tried the PS4 edition?

I've seen a few playthroughs on youtube. Sam Bur has a few videos on it. He seemed to enjoy it. He's a town planner irl so all his CS videos are interesting!

Sam's PS4 playlist

• Closed Accounts Posts: 790 ✭✭✭Sciprio

I want to try out this game and crusader kings 2 but all the DLC turns me off.

I have the snowfall DLC and absolutely love it. What I'd like to see is a season mode brought in where the weather changes depending what season you are in.

Got the Green Cities DLC this morning and played it for a few hours. Got a decent little town going so decided to switch my housing to the new sustainable type. Set the district and set the policy thinking the buildings would just upgrade like they do when you select the High Tech housing. Nope, entire population f*cked off on me and took ages to come back!

So I guess you could this DLC is gonna be interesting! Enjoying it so far!

So I'd built up a decent sized town, pop of about 40k, and had been making a decent amount of money.

Then the Tsunami happened...wiped out my entire city. Between deaths and people leaving, my population dropped to less than 1000 and started to hemorrhage money. In no time at all I was 20m in debt, but I stuck to it and my city rebuilt, now back making money and on the road to recovery! Only another 17m debt to go...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I'm sure if you asked nicely, your nation's leader will come and throw paper towels to your survivors... :D

So I'd built up a decent sized town, pop of about 40k, and had been making a decent amount of money.

Then the Tsunami happened...wiped out my entire city. Between deaths and people leaving, my population dropped to less than 1000 and started to hemorrhage money. In no time at all I was 20m in debt, but I stuck to it and my city rebuilt, now back making money and on the road to recovery! Only another 17m debt to go...

Did you take the bail out?

I have natural disasters which I only got recently but have yet to have anything hit my city.

I did watch a rather funny youtuber playing this who dared the game to throw something at him and 5 minutes later a tsuami hit the city and wiped it out!

There's a mod you can download also that makes the disasters even worse. :P

Didn't take the bailout, sure it's only 50 grand so wouldn't have been much use to me!

Just a case of leaving the game running in the background at the moment until I'm back in the black. Had a decent bit of cash before hand so managed to get services and parks back up and running before my population vanished so that's helping with the recovery now. Left it running for about 3 hours earlier and managed to halve my debt so getting there now. I really like this city so I'm determined not to drop it.

Finally got my city up to 100k yesterday. Was close to abandoning it completely after getting half my population wiped out by 2 Tsunami in a row. Really annoying having a coastal city! But got there in the end, now to see about expanding more.

I seen that on reddit last week and tried to post the link on mobile but didn't work, then I, uhm, forgot!

It's awesome though.

I've seen a number of city recreations and this one is one of the best. The amount of time took and the level of detail involved is incredible!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Seeing that got me into it.

As with anything this complicated I usually have a false start where I install it, play it for 10 minutes, get frustrated and then give up.

I've given it a proper go now and it's hooked me.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,692 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Gbear im with you on the 10 minute thing, happened me so many times that ive yet to make a half decent effort of a town let a lone a city.
    Think ive only played 60 mins total since i bought it.

That Cork recreation is amazing .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭CB19Kevo

One of the best out there,would be great if there was more custom Cork assets to add to the city,hopefully this will help.

Advertisement