Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cities: Skylines

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Though Cities in Motion 2 is good and quite in depth, its not without its bugs and graphical flaws.

I remain cautious about this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,298 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Gotta love seeing Paradox full on slap EA in the face with the trailer, specifically the play offline bit, modding mention and then that pan shot showing the huge map thats gonna be available, cannot wait for this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Though Cities in Motion 2 is good and quite in depth, its not without its bugs and graphical flaws.

This is very true but Maxis badly need competition other than the rather unfortunate Cities XL in this sub-genre. It may make EA step up their game a nice bit if they lose some market share.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,534 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Big fan of Cities in Motion 2. Some of the small bugs were very annoying though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

Gotta say, this is looking promising.
    Really looking forward to it. Won't be a day one buy tho. After Sim city them days are over.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=aqQ0fNy0KZU

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,758 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Cant wait for this :) looks amazing

Looks like this has proper terrain editing tools. One of the best bits of sim city 4 was creating a map you like. I used to have some zones as ocean and some as mountains etc. Then build massive cities on a collection of zones and some rural zones. Like a small country. Hopefully this will offer something similar.

Plus it seems to have city ordinances like sim city 4 had. I was expecting a big improvement in the newest sim city with them but they took them out altogether!

God, I hate that game so much

I read they were thinking of having a same sex marriage one but they werent sure if it would make the final game!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,758 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Tempted to pre order off steam as it 28 but I'll hold off I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭Julez

About €15 on Nuuvem.

http://community.simtropolis.com/topic/65942-simtropolis-qa-about-cities-skylines-with-paradox-interactive/

Q & A with Paradox interactive.

No regions which is a bit disappointing for me but not a deal breaker by any means.

Modding tools available from launch which is great.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Great stuff. The more I read about the game and developer the better this sounds.

Really looking forward to this

The Video Embargo for Reviewers and streamers was lifted yesterday. After watching some streams, it looks brilliant !

Its everything a city builder/management game should be! and more !

Roll on the 10th !

Korvanica wrote: »
    The Video Embargo for Reviewers and streamers was lifted yesterday. After watching some streams, it looks brilliant !

Its everything a city builder/management game should be! and more !

Roll on the 10th !

Was watching a few on twitch yesterday. None of them had any massive issues with the game from what I seen. All seemed to be enjoying it

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Likewise it looks impressive on streams.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 770 ✭✭✭abbir

€22 on Gamesplanet

It's about €17 on Nuuvem but you'll need a VPN.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Not since Sim City 4 have I been tempted to dip my toes back into the city simulation genre, but I fear my toes are about to get wet.

Not since Sim City 4 have I been tempted to dip my toes back into the city simulation genre, but I fear my toes are about to get wet.

I almost totally lost faith in game devs after that fiasco.
    Everyone should be entitled to a refund.

Cannot stop watching the streams, probably will grab it off GMG today using their march 20% discount

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Really looking forward to this. There hasn't been a decent city builder since Sim City 4 imo. I tried Cities XXXL a couple of weeks back and it was pure muck.

• Advertisement

VinLieger wrote: »
    Cannot stop watching the streams, probably will grab it off GMG today using their march 20% discount

Is there a code for this ? Or is it automatic ?

Korvanica wrote: »
    Is there a code for this ? Or is it automatic ?

Theres a code on their front page you cant miss it, just used it for Cities and Hotline Miami 2 but its only good until about 4 today though

Theres a code on their front page you cant miss it, just used it for Cities and Hotline Miami 2 but its only good until about 4 today though

Sound, ordered. :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Very tempted to pick this up. Its years since i really played a sim game like this (maybe even as far back as Sim City 2000), but the streams looks excellent and i could do with something slower paced. Its out on the 10th, yeah?

Kiith wrote: »
    Very tempted to pick this up. Its years since i really played a sim game like this (maybe even as far back as Sim City 2000), but the streams looks excellent and i could do with something slower paced. Its out on the 10th, yeah?

Yep, 10th.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,026 ✭✭✭Wossack

its looking great - but so did sc5 at this stage! burnt before, so will hold out to see how reviews look

Benn watching quills streams, very impressed and can't wait too play it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

Looks nice indeed and just start messing about in SC4 again. Hopefully this will live up to expectations.

Wossack wrote: »
    its looking great - but so did sc5 at this stage! burnt before, so will hold out to see how reviews look

It was evident after a few hours of playing SC it wasnt anything like they promised and had serious issues.
    Skylines has been streamed for well over a week now and nothing but positive feedback so fingers crossed.

• Advertisement

Dcully wrote: »
    It was evident after a few hours of playing SC it wasnt anything like they promised and had serious issues.
    Skylines has been streamed for well over a week now and nothing but positive feedback so fingers crossed.

I was dead set against pre-ordering due to the sim city debacle but with all the streams going that look awesome plus Paradoxes pedigree in DLC and mod support i decided to break my rule

I was dead set against pre-ordering due to the sim city debacle but with all the streams going that look awesome plus Paradoxes pedigree in DLC and mod support i decided to break my rule

I am very close to doing the same!

Read on Neogaf that the Paradox CEO reckons pre-orders for this have broken records for them

If I had spare cash I'd be pre ordering but I'll just have to wait till monday.

I'm the same. Can't afford it right now, but will definitely pick it up next week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Assuming this lives up to its promise, I hope it has mod support. The mod community around SC4 really kept it interesting for a long time.

• Advertisement

Assuming this lives up to its promise, I hope it has mod support. The mod community around SC4 really kept it interesting for a long time.

Modding support available from launch!!

People are already creating modes for it. And custom buildings etc. All the required info for it is released, API is being filled already. Theyre going all out on mod support which is brilliant !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,026 ✭✭✭Wossack

..must resist..

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Yelnahs

Looks great lads. Been watching Enterelysium's streams and it really looks great.

It's €28 on Humble Bundle and Steam, cracking price compared to the AAA crap you get these days. Anyone seen any better deals?

Yelnahs wrote: »
    Looks great lads. Been watching Enterelysium's streams and it really looks great.

It's €28 on Humble Bundle and Steam, cracking price compared to the AAA crap you get these days. Anyone seen any better deals?

Was 20 on g2play during the week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 AndreiD

Looks very promising so far and it's the only game I've pre-ordered in a long time now, hopefully I won't get burned.
    I'm really curious what kind of population you can get up to before the game becomes unplayable.

I've seen a few streamers with populations around 250k and it was still running grand too. The game is very CPU intensive because each citizen is an agent in the simulation. So higher pops will probably struggle on less beasty systems.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 AndreiD

I wonder if I'll need to upgrade the i7 2600K I have.

Just got it off steam, I'm guess you can't preload yet?

Just got it off steam, I'm guess you can't preload yet?

Doesnt look like it also most people have ordered off GMG or Nuuvem it seems so gotta wait for keys too

Streamers are saying cities of 1 million population possible.

Yeah, 1 million is the cap from what i remember someone saying in one of the dev streams.

Yeah i think thats with the modded 25 tiles though, don't think its possible in the 9 tile cities

All release info is here http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?841746-Release-FAQ-All-release-questions-go-here&p=18999984

Goes live at 19:00 CET so 18:00 for us and there is no pre-load

All release info is here http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?841746-Release-FAQ-All-release-questions-go-here&p=18999984

Goes live at 19:00 CET so 18:00 for us and there is no pre-load

Servers are going to get HAMMERED tomorrow at 6 !

• Advertisement
Advertisement