Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boards Jersey Sightings

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,124 ✭✭✭daragh_

Hmmzis wrote: »
    Got three of 'em going home today.

First one was hading North through Harlods Cross around 18:10

Met two more on the Rathfarnham road later on, one was daragh_ if I got the name right (with the jersey) and can't for the life of mine recall his mate's name , apologies for that (was wearing boards shorts I think). Had a quick chat before our ways parted at Yellow House.

Forgot to compliment on their bikes, especially the PX, awesome machine :)

Me with Colm18. Extended commute via Cruagh. Nice to meet you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,830 ✭✭✭doozerie

Saw someone in boards gear going northwards through Terenure around 18h00 today. Riding a blue Planet X - DirkVoodoo?

Also saw someone turning onto Taylor's Lane at the junction with Whitechurch Road at around 18h10 or so. Think that was smacl.

Thought I glimpsed another boards jersey as I passed near Merrion Square earlier too. Must be the good weather, the boardsies are swarming, shut your windows or they'll be all over the house before you know it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭ROK ON

Today Castleknock traffic lights at 6.15pm. Full kit on a hybrid.

Yday Phoenix Park - Wellighton Road. Guy in full kit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Hmmzis wrote: »
    First one was hading North through Harlods Cross around 18:10
    doozerie wrote: »
    Saw someone in boards gear going northwards through Terenure around 18h00 today. Riding a blue Planet X - DirkVoodoo?

And boom goes the dynamite.

Yup, that was me.

Saw some dude with a beard going up stocking lane when I was coming down.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭One_Time

DirkVoodoo wrote: »

Saw some dude with a beard going up stocking lane when I was coming down.

The dude with the beard was me. Thanks for not pointing out how much I was suffering...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭nomdeboardie

... Must be the good weather, the boardsies are swarming, shut your windows or they'll be all over the house before you know it.
    :eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1 GTN

Boards Jersey, Sion Cross - Morrisseys on the Rathoe Rd Carlow , Wednesday evening at around 7pm.

DirkVoodoo wrote: »
    Yup, that was me.

My brain registered the bike first, the kit second, then it wondered who might have been riding what looked like DirkVoodoo's bike, in Boards kit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

My brain registered the bike first, the kit second, then it wondered who might have been riding what looked like DirkVoodoo's bike, in Boards kit.

Surely no imposter is tanned or good looking enough to pull off such a ruse.

• Advertisement

DirkVoodoo wrote:
    Surely no imposter is tanned or good looking enough to pull off such a ruse.

No, it was clearly your bike, its tanned deeper shade of blue and good looks couldn't disguise it.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

New jersey by 2 cycling in opposite directions up the Acres road in the Phoenix Park just before 8 this evening, one bearded chappie and one not bearded chappie. Think you gave each other a shout. Was going to shout at yee but was with the running club and don't want them stalking me on here. :D

Was running down towards St. Mary's on the opposite side to where the race was on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭AIR-AUSSIE

Saw one guy in boards jersey and other wearing boards shorts in a group of three yesterday heading towards Enniskerry from the city around 1900.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

New jersey by 2 cycling in opposite directions up the Acres road in the Phoenix Park just before 8 this evening, one bearded chappie and one not bearded chappie. Think you gave each other a shout. Was going to shout at yee but was with the running club and don't want them stalking me on here. :D

Was running down towards St. Mary's on the opposite side to where the race was on.

That was me not bearded. Had great fun zipping around the Dublin Staff Relay run course shouting support at my colleagues. Met caroline_ie and a bearded boardsie (twice) and got a shout from one of the competitors...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 153 ✭✭buckeye89

When will there be an order put in for boards.ie jerseys and shorts? As im interested in getting some.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,014 ✭✭✭furiousox

New type jersey 10am this morning on the Platin Rd heading from Drogheda towards Duleek.
    I beeped, you waved. :)

CPL 593H

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭drogdub

furiousox wrote: »
    New type jersey 10am this morning on the Platin Rd heading from Drogheda towards Duleek.
    I beeped, you waved. :)

That was me, heading to Trim. Great day for it.

drogdub wrote: »
    That was me, heading to Trim. Great day for it.

Yup..I was v jealous! :D

CPL 593H

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,095 ✭✭✭buffalo

Who did I pass the far side of Sallygap - heading toward Glenmacnass. Sat at the side of the road with lady friend. :cool:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

T'was myself and my big sister munching flapjacks and planning some blueberry picking in the autumn. I heard a 'hi boardsie' as you sped by in your old boards kit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭g0g

Past loads of boardsies this morning mixture of in boards jersey or other one. Think you must all have been doing that Mick Byrne cycle? I had come down from Sally Gap and was going along Djouce as I passed most of you/them. What a day for a cycle!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Gave a couple of bips as I passed who I think was DirkVoodoo climbing Ballinascorney around 4:20

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭MediaMan

Beardie boardsie yesterday heading south on the Military Road towards the Sally Gap. I was heading in the opposite direction into a very brisk wind. Fantastic day.

Past a girl in a new boardie jersey on my way to Sally. Gave a nod.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,365 ✭✭✭Lusk Doyle

AIR-AUSSIE wrote: »

Who is Sally and why do you assume we know which one of whom you speak?!?

Probably myself. Someone else caught me coughing my lungs up napping just before cruagh. Overtook him passing Cruagh but he took me again as I admired the view on the way up to Glendalough. Whoever you are I think I nearly caught ya again climbing Sally but I lost you on the flat and downhills. :D

Sore arms tonight from that sun. So many short stop offs today. Just kept wanting to get off and stare into the distance. The hills are so much prettier on days like today, like a completely different world to the area thats normally bathed in hail, rain and wind.

Probably myself. Someone else caught me coughing my lungs up napping just before cruagh. Overtook him passing Cruagh but he took me again as I admired the view on the way up to Glendalough. Whoever you are I think I nearly caught ya again climbing Sally but I lost you on the flat and downhills. :D

Sore arms tonight from that sun. So many short stop offs today. Just kept wanting to get off and stare into the distance. The hills are so much prettier on days like today, like a completely different world to the area thats normally bathed in hail, rain and wind.

I was coming the opposite direction so didn't actually overtake you. In a UCD jersey with another guy between Glenmacnass and the Sally Gap.

In a UCD jersey with another guy between Glenmacnass and the Sally Gap.

Definitely me so I remember the UCD jersey. It always feels great to be going downhill when you see other people going up. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭Dermot Illogical

New jersey on a giant passing Portobello Bridge along the canal in Harolds X direction @ 17.50 today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

New jersey grange road, heading up Marlay park direction at around 5:30.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 650 ✭✭✭jimm

I'm getting a bit fed up reading about cdaly being spotted on the Clontarf cycle track, or daragh on the Rock Rd. etc, etc, etc, so I think it's time for a bit more ambition among Boardsies.

With so many big events coming up, Euro's, TDF, Olympic Games, etc. who's going to be spotted in the jersey at one of them?

IIRC we had one of our (senior) mods spotted down under with the Ashes, so come on people, let's aim for that standard of greatness.

Any other suggestions welcome. Cover of Hello magazine perhaps?

Edit: Of course, no offence intended towards cdaly or daragh!!!!

• Advertisement

jimm wrote: »
    I'm getting a bit fed up reading about cdaly being spotted on the Clontarf cycle track, or daragh on the Rock Rd. etc, etc, etc, so I think it's time for a bit more ambition among Boardsies.
    With so many big events coming up, Euro's, TDF, Olympic Games, etc. who's going to be spotted in the jersey at one of them?
    IIRC we had one of our (senior) mods spotted down under with the Ashes, so come on people, let's aim for that standard of greatness.
    Any other suggestions welcome. Cover of Hello magazine perhaps?

Good idea!
    Q music magazine used to have something similar where readers would send in photos of themselves reading the magazine in unusual or exotic locations.

CPL 593H

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

I'm getting a bit fed up reading about cdaly

:eek:

*weeps quietly in corner ("my public hates me!...")*

cdaly_ wrote: »
    I'm getting a bit fed up reading about cdaly

:eek

*weeps quietly in corner ("my public hates me!...")*

It's not just you. He has the hump with me since I slagged off his hairy legs. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 650 ✭✭✭jimm

daragh_ wrote: »
    It's not just you. He has the hump with me since I slagged off his hairy legs. :)

I can assure you, they'll be shaved or Veet'd for the W200 :)

I can assure you, they'll be shaved or Veet'd for the W200 :)

Be careful. The hair may be the source of your power.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 777 ✭✭✭dvntie

Saw a new jersey on the way out by booterstown on a hybrid about half 6 this evening any takers?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭NeedMoreGears

Lady NeedMoreGears spotted "one of your boards friends" in a new jersey heading towards Seabury in Malahide at the traffic lights at the end of yellow walls. Time 1555

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭Dermot Illogical

Lady NeedMoreGears spotted "one of your boards friends" in a new jersey heading towards Seabury in Malahide at the traffic lights at the end of yellow walls. Time 1555
    That'll have been me, probably. :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,668 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Think I'll give mine it's first outing this year at the Tour of Louth tomorrow ...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭mkdon05

RT66 wrote: »

Must have been yourself I spotted coming towards the portmarnock roundabout from Howth, only realised the boards jersey after you passed.

mkdon05 wrote: »

Must have been yourself I spotted coming towards the portmarnock roundabout from Howth, only realised the boards jersey after you passed.

May have been me. I came that way today in my boards gear.

• Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭mkdon05

I was on a white focus.

mkdon05 wrote: »
    I was on a white focus.

I was in the zone!

I wave and/or nod my head but don't ask me to remember bikes that others are on as we fly past each other!

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭wanderer 22

Saw new jersey about 11 this morning on the road from Laragh to Glenmacnass, we (Colm gti, Monkeslayer and one other) were coming down, you were going up. Gave you a shout!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭Rofo

colm18 wrote: »
    Saw new jersey about 11 this morning on the road from Laragh to Glenmacnass, we (Colm gti, Monkeslayer and one other) were coming down, you were going up. Gave you a shout!

I saw the same jersey coming by the waterfall at Glenmacnass as I stopped to take a pic. I'm pretty sure it was g0g, if my ears were working properly :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭g0g

Rofo wrote: »
    I saw the same jersey coming by the waterfall at Glenmacnass as I stopped to take a pic. I'm pretty sure it was g0g, if my ears were working properly :D
    Yep, nice to bump into you, was suffering along there as didn't stop for long enough in Laragh!
    Yep that was me - I think you lads did very similar route to me (in reverse), although you added in Shay Elliott for added torture!

ROUTE

Pretty sure one other person shouted Boardsie at me somewhere along the way, possibly after Sally Gap.

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭wanderer 22

yeah, very similar to ours- http://app.strava.com/rides/10083112 -colm gti made us do Shay Elliot twice :P
    your average speed was a fair bit higher though!

• Administrators Posts: 54,091 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

yeah, very similar to ours- http://app.strava.com/rides/10083112 -colm gti made us do Shay Elliot twice :P
    That's some route!

(All these colm's is confusing :D )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭bitemybanger

New jersey on a giant passing Portobello Bridge along the canal in Harolds X direction @ 17.50 today

Right time, right place so probably me. First sighting in the jersey wooooo, it's been covered up by rain jackets till now:D
    Only replying now as I jetted off to the sun that night:p

So much for staying off the dodgy knee.

• Advertisement
Advertisement