Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Jersey Sightings

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭Diarmuid

Took my new boards kit out for a spin tonight. Seriously classy design. Top marks daragh!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,922 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

9am. this morning, Lower Kilmacud Rd. Daragh in Boards kit. He flew buy me, I let a roar. We cycled to Dundrum, he went on to The Yellow House for a pint.

Nice meeting you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,121 ✭✭✭daragh_

Planet X wrote: »
    9am. this morning, Lower Kilmacud Rd. Daragh in Boards kit. He flew buy me, I let a roar. We cycled to Dundrum, he went on to The Yellow House for a pint.

Nice meeting you.

Nice to meet you!

Up and back to Sally Gap with Unionman and Gasco. We usually head out a lot earlier so I was amazed at the amount of people out for a spin. Seemed like every cyclist in south county dublin was out with Orwell this morning. :)

Back to the Yellow House by 12ish and then on to Bray. Lovely day for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Vélo

Spotted Boards shorts coming around the corner of Belvedere school around 10.00am. Didn't get to say hello.

So, Hi Unionman!

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭ten speed racer

Another cdaly sighting...

I seem to seeing cdaly so often that it not worthwhile mentioning it anymore.;)

Anyway, this morning on Griffith Avenue, a bit further along than usual. I was turning right onto Clare Road and you give me a wave.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

And you indicating properly and all...

Saw someone with a new Jersey in the middle of an Orwell group, coming out of Enniskerry. Around 12.20. Said hi but had to press on as I was late for me lunch. Pink bike I think. Class.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Spotted someone in a new jersey climbing the hill up to Powerscourt from the opposite side of Enniskerry, seemed to be meeting up with Orwell lads stopped at the top. Probably the same guy that daragh_ saw. Gave a quick salute.

I had planned to go out with Orwell today but I couldn't bring myself out for 9.30 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭velo.2010

Said I'd give a shout out to Levintronix who formally introduced himself today at the spin from the park.

I know you were suffering a little, hope the spin didn't take too much out of you!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭ROK ON

daragh_ wrote: »
    Saw someone with a new Jersey in the middle of an Orwell group, coming out of Enniskerry. Around 12.20. Said hi but had to press on as I was late for me lunch. Pink bike I think. Class.

Pink Bike - more than likely Tiny Explosions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭NeedMoreGears

Spotted old style jersey,possibley full length, at top of kildare street coming onto Stephen's green last friday around 17:10

I was talking to Fenris in Ballinastoe yesterday morning. There were a few others with him but not sure if any were Boardsies.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

seamus wrote: »
    Spotted someone in a new jersey climbing the hill up to Powerscourt from the opposite side of Enniskerry, seemed to be meeting up with Orwell lads stopped at the top. Probably the same guy that daragh_ saw. Gave a quick salute.

I had planned to go out with Orwell today but I couldn't bring myself out for 9.30 :)

Yup, that'd be me

Yup, that'd be me

I have bike envy.

I have bike envy.

:) The pink is very fetching if I say so myself..

:) The pink is very fetching if I say so myself..

Nancy boy!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭fenris

Vélo wrote: »
    I was talking to Fenris in Ballinastoe yesterday morning. There were a few others with him but not sure if any were Boardsies.

A few of lurkers that are normally roadies trying out the muddy side (big grins and not too much blood)

We went onto Djouce afterwards and now my legs are rejecting stairs!

Lovely dog BTW!

Vélo wrote: »
    Nancy boy!

Jealousy will get you nowhere my good man

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,310 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

I drove past one of ye by the Texaco filling station just outside Enniskerry about 18:30 yesterday.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭on_the_nickel

I think I spotted one at around 1:30 this lunchtime going down the airport hill in Cork? It started p!ssing down at about 1:29 if that helps your recollection.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

Hermy wrote: »
    I drove past one of ye by the Texaco filling station just outside Enniskerry about 18:30 yesterday.
    /bows.

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭RobBaxter

New orders are being taken now if anyone is interested...

• Registered Users Posts: 36,165 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Spotted old style jersey,possibley full length, at top of kildare street coming onto Stephen's green last friday around 17:10

Believe that was me. Makes sense as I finished up at 16:55 and thats the way I go:)

First sighting:D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Spotted a boards jersey along with a sword one earlier, between dunboyne and summerhill... Just after/before the kilcloon turn off.

I was a little preoccupied wondering if the audi behind me was gonna overtake on the corner.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,040 ✭✭✭✭neris

was proably 1 of d guys doing the dying light were 3 jerseys there doing it. 2 new 1s & an old 1. Mine wad covered up all day and was at the back

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

neris wrote: »
    was proably 1 of d guys doing the dying light were 3 jerseys there doing it. 2 new 1s & an old 1. Mine wad covered up all day and was at the back

Wondered why I met so many people out on that route today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭sy

Met some of you between Moynalty and Kells today. I saw (lots of hair!) old jersey near back of group( thought it was Dirkvoodoo but think he sold his old jersey!). Shouted "nice Boards jersey" at lone rider in new jersey chasing the bunch. I was at the front of a group travelling from Kells into Moynalty.

spotted a boards jersey today under the M50 at the strawberry beds (near Lucan?) Was in Skill Shimano kit coming the opposite direction to you/

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Diarmuid wrote: »
    spotted a boards jersey today under the M50 at the strawberry beds (near Lucan?) Was in Skill Shimano kit coming the opposite direction to you/

If it was about 1200 it was probably Snollup

• Advertisement

Probably closer to 13:30

Advertisement