Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Jersey Sightings

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,052 ✭✭✭buffalo

Diarmuid wrote: »
    spotted a boards jersey today under the M50 at the strawberry beds (near Lucan?) Was in Skill Shimano kit coming the opposite direction to you/

That was probably me. I'm still trying to sniff out good routes in the area since I moved in the summer. Hope I gave you a wave! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭michael196

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,922 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

mloc123 wrote: »
    Spotted a boards jersey along with a sword one earlier, between dunboyne and summerhill... Just after/before the kilcloon turn off.

I was a little preoccupied wondering if the audi behind me was gonna overtake on the corner.

Could have been me and Cadex (Swords Jersey) in the front group.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,922 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

sy wrote: »
    Met some of you between Moynalty and Kells today. I saw (lots of hair!) old jersey near back of group( thought it was Dirkvoodoo but think he sold his old jersey!). Shouted "nice Boards jersey" at lone rider in new jersey chasing the bunch. I was at the front of a group travelling from Kells into Moynalty.

Emty with the hair and beard. Old jersey.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,052 ✭✭✭buffalo

Blowfish and someone else (to whom I wasn't speaking at all) were out with Orwell today. Fierce cycling too!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭g0g

Saw one at the Bottle Tower this morning around half nine. Guy with a beard I think on his own. Around 11-ish up at Sally Gap after a frustrating puncture I saw a group of 4 including one jersey - possibly the same guy again, but not sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

buffalo wrote: »
    Blowfish and someone else (to whom I wasn't speaking at all) were out with Orwell today. Fierce cycling too!

The other guy was me.. the fierce cycling goes to Blowfish :o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,121 ✭✭✭daragh_

g0g wrote: »
    Saw one at the Bottle Tower this morning around half nine. Guy with a beard I think on his own. Around 11-ish up at Sally Gap after a frustrating puncture I saw a group of 4 including one jersey - possibly the same guy again, but not sure.

Me, with Unionman, Gasco and 68 Fastback.
    Didn't spot you with a puncture. Sorry, would have stopped.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭velo.2010

AstraMonti wrote: »
    The other guy was me.. the fierce cycling goes to Blowfish :o

Which group were you guys with?
    Good to get to know, however brief, barrabus and The Crunch(Irelands finest motorsport commentator) today.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

velo.2010 wrote: »
    Which group were you guys with?
    The medium one, though the group split about half way through.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Must have been empty that I met, longish hair and an old style saddle bag?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭sy

Planet X wrote: »
    Emty with the hair and beard. Old jersey.
    I know emty but didn't recognise him with the new image/look! Haven't seen him since our trip to Slieve Bloom mountains summer 2009. Sounds like you all had a good day.

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭LastGasp

sy wrote: »
    Shouted "nice Boards jersey" at lone rider in new jersey chasing the bunch.
    That was me, heard the shout as ye passed, I think I gave a general wave in your direction. I'm not sure "chasing" is the appropriate term... "travelling at my own pace" might be more like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭manwithaplan

About half one this lunchtime, you were swinging right from Pearse Street into Tara Street. I was on my way to a meeting and shouted "hey boardsie" but you didn't hear me. My work colleague thought I had developed an inoffensive form of Tourette's.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,547 ✭✭✭funkyjebus

About half one this lunchtime, you were swinging right from Pearse Street into Tara Street. I was on my way to a meeting and shouted "hey boardsie" but you didn't hear me. My work colleague thought I had developed an inoffensive form of Tourette's.

Thats was me, had enough of work so decided to take half day. Sorry did hear you, but that'll be the wind, back tyre kicked out on that corner as well!! Hope the meeting went well!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Esroh

Galway
    Today at about 1.30pm on the roundabout in Westside at the back of UHG.
    Wearing a Blue Jersey with Boards Shorts, A black/Blue Wolly hat while riding a Felt with TTbars attached.(think the bike was red, was so shocked to see the shorts I forgot to store the bike colour)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

I saw a jersey in my bed the other night. I waved but you didn't wave back, I think it was the old design.

Met a few bikes including 1 sporting new Boards gear coming down off Sally Gap by Lough Bray about 11.15 this morning as I was going up on the wrong side of the road trying to avoid the ice ! Had gone on my arse a little earlier at the bottom of the Devils Elbow near Johnny Foxes. Not too much damage - bike fine, hip grazed. Nice day for a spin apart from that ! Cafe in Laragh was buzzing around 12.00 with about 15 riders in various groups, but no Boardsies to be seen.

LastGasp wrote: »
    Met a few bikes including 1 sporting new Boards gear coming down off Sally Gap by Lough Bray about 11.15 this morning as I was going up on the wrong side of the road trying to avoid the ice ! Had gone on my arse a little earlier at the bottom of the Devils Elbow near Johnny Foxes. Not too much damage - bike fine, hip grazed. Nice day for a spin apart from that ! Cafe in Laragh was buzzing around 12.00 with about 15 riders in various groups, but no Boardsies to be seen.

Me. Was pretty hairy coming down. We were lucky not to come off going both ways. I had a Durano on and it was slipping all over the shop.

Nice to see you. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭CheGuedara

Think I saw ROK_ON between Ladies View and Molls Gap today - making it look easy and has a lovely bit of weather for it!

• Advertisement

daragh_ wrote: »
    Me. Was pretty hairy coming down. We were lucky not to come off going both ways. I had a Durano on and it was slipping all over the shop.

Nice to see you. :)
    Cheers Daragh, good to see you too. I was on Gatorskins which weren't much better. I don't think it makes much difference on ice though - no road tyre would be much use. I bought a set of Ice Spikers for the MTB for when this forecasted 60 days of freeze (or something like that) hits us.
    Anyway never mind you young fit lads, you'll mend all right after a while - what about that elderly lady who was coming down just in front of you on a pretty old school bike (well actually she had the good sense to be walking it down). I've met her up there on several occasions, a few in pretty crap weather. I was starting to wonder if she was a ghost haunting that corner or something but I actually spoke to her today and she's alive and well ! Fair play to her !
    LG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭brayblue24

CheGuedara wrote: »
    Think I saw ROK_ON between Ladies View and Molls Gap today

Ding Dong:pToot Toot:DWoof Woof:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

^^^ Beaten to it.:D

LastGasp wrote: »
    Cheers Daragh, good to see you too. I was on Gatorskins which weren't much better. I don't think it makes much difference on ice though - no road tyre would be much use. I bought a set of Ice Spikers for the MTB for when this forecasted 60 days of freeze (or something like that) hits us.
    Anyway never mind you young fit lads, you'll mend all right after a while - what about that elderly lady who was coming down just in front of you on a pretty old school bike (well actually she had the good sense to be walking it down). I've met her up there on several occasions, a few in pretty crap weather. I was starting to wonder if she was a ghost haunting that corner or something but I actually spoke to her today and she's alive and well ! Fair play to her !
    LG

Young and fit...? I think you've mistaken me for someone else :D
    Hope you don't have any bruises today.
    I often see that woman, so she isn't a figment of your imagination. If I'm still cycling around up there when I'm her age I'll be a happy Fred.

brayblue24 wrote: »
    Think I saw ROK_ON between Ladies View and Molls Gap today

Ding Dong:pToot Toot:DWoof Woof:pac:

LMAO!

Can't beat a good laugh on a Monday morning!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭ROK ON

Think I saw ROK_ON between Ladies View and Molls Gap today - making it look easy and has a lovely bit of weather for it!

Was out today all right. Did a loop out to Sneem and up to Molls Gap and over toward Ladies View (stopped at derilict house at Looscaunagh) before heading back to Kenmare.

I wasnt in Boards gear though. Black Assos Airjack 851 ftw. Were you in a
    car? as I passed no bikes at all from Blackwater to Molls Gap to Looscaunagh?
    If it was between 220pm and 245pm then it would have been me.

Gorgeous day for a spin. I was on the Dolan (the Kuota is in hobernation for the winter).

ROK ON wrote: »
    Was out today all right. Did a loop out to Sneem and up to Molls Gap and over toward Ladies View (stopped at derilict house at Looscaunagh) before heading back to Kenmare.

I wasnt in Boards gear though. Black Assos Airjack 851 ftw. Were you in a
    car? as I passed no bikes at all from Blackwater to Molls Gap to Looscaunagh?
    If it was between 220pm and 245pm then it would have been me.

Gorgeous day for a spin. I was on the Dolan (the Kuota is in hobernation for the winter).

Yup that's about the time alright - all black kit & white crasher?

I was driving a big silver bus of a Honda & was just behind an Audi with a long travel hardtail MTB on the roof (funny, if you asked me about the car all I could tell you is it was silver!) - I'd say you were less than 2km from the Gap at the time.

Was sickened I had to drive back to Dub, it looked like a cracker of a day to be going over the mountain :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

tenspeedracer spotted in stealth mode this morning at Ballymun Ave / Griffith Ave. Musta been running late...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭ROK ON

Yup that's about the time alright - all black kit & white crasher?

I was driving a big silver bus of a Honda & was just behind an Audi with a long travel hardtail MTB on the roof (funny, if you asked me about the car all I could tell you is it was silver!) - I'd say you were less than 2km from the Gap at the time.

Was sickened I had to drive back to Dub, it looked like a cracker of a day to be going over the mountain :D

Yep, that me.
    The MTB on the carroof stood out alright - I thought it was very high. I wouldnt be comfortable with the bike on the roof like that to be honest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭ten speed racer

cdaly_ wrote: »
    tenspeedracer spotted in stealth mode this morning at Ballymun Ave / Griffith Ave. Musta been running late...

Yup, running late, but I normally am...

I only see you when I'm running late, and I see you quite often.

First time on the bike since a got a creek (or is it crick?) in the neck last Thursday. I was barely able to move for a day.

Advertisement