Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Jersey Sightings

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭snollup

This morning @ about 8:05 heading down St Great Georges St, old school l/s jersey.

snollup wrote: »
    This morning @ about 8:05 heading down St Great Georges St, old school l/s jersey.

Sounds like me, one pannier bag on the back?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Boards Jersey valiantly hanging off the back of a group of ?UCD riders outside of Carlow this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭snollup

Dónal wrote: »
    Sounds like me, one pannier bag on the back?

Think so.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

I saw a boards jersey at 11ish this morning on the Grange Road across from St.Mary's national school.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,165 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Half an hour ago(~12:50), Rathgar Village junction. I gave him a "410" but I dont think he got the reference.

[Excuse the state I was in, sleep deprived].

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭RobBaxter

dooferoaks wrote: »
    Boards Jersey valiantly hanging off the back of a group of ?UCD riders outside of Carlow this morning.

Ha, great thread. That was me. Managed to hang on for 30km then ran out of steam.

I remember the wave, so thought I'd check the thread!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

New jersey heading up Mt Anville road Goatstown at 11:45 this morning

kenmc wrote: »
    New jersey heading up Mt Anville road Goatstown at 11:45 this morning

Ha, me again. Brilliant. Was cycling back from Carlow. was fairly wrecked when you saw me

• Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

RobBaxter wrote: »
    Ha, me again. Brilliant. Was cycling back from Carlow. was fairly wrecked when you saw me
    Didn't like to say *how* you were going up the hill :D I was hoping you were on the way home :)

edit: on second thoughts.... if you were getting back from carlow at 11:45, what the hell time did you leave Dublin at this morning to get there and back before noon??

• Advertisement

kenmc wrote: »
    Didn't like to say *how* you were going up the hill :D I was hoping you were on the way home :)

edit: on second thoughts.... if you were getting back from carlow at 11:45, what the hell time did you leave Dublin at this morning to get there and back before noon??

Was down on a training weekend in Carlow and cycled back. Left around half 7, made a few wrong turns and added 30km onto the cycle by accident!

Pretty funny. This weekend was the first time I wore the jersey and was spotted in Carlow and then the next day cycling back near home

• Registered Users Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭unionman

Mystery solved. I didn't know what you'd said to me, couldn't hear properly and with about 70km done was feeling a bit wiped.

Sorry 'bout that. 410 to you too!
    Half an hour ago(~12:50), Rathgar Village junction. I gave him a "410" but I dont think he got the reference.

[Excuse the state I was in, sleep deprived].

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Jmcmen

Saw one coming into Laragh on Saturday down from the Gap at about 10.30-11.

Anyone, anyone, Anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,470 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Jmcmen wrote: »
    Saw one coming into Laragh on Saturday down from the Gap at about 10.30-11.

Anyone, anyone, Anyone?

Black bike, white bars, sunglasses and no helmet?
    If so then me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Jmcmen

Black bike, white bars, sunglasses and no helmet?
    If so then me :)

That was you. I was in a hi viz jacket, blue glasses, white/blue helmet with my mate in red top huffing and puffing on the way up as you were coming down the other side.

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭rachel

Saw someone in the blue jersey on Sunday around 12.45 or so on Churchtown road at the junction just before the Windy Arbour luas stop, gave a wave & a thumbs up then had to explain to my family in the car with me that I was waving at 'someone from boards' & no I didn't know who they were. Oh how they mocked me :(

• Registered Users Posts: 20,039 ✭✭✭✭neris

saw an old jersey coming off the cycle way at st annes park park between 630 & 7 last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭unionman

Hiya, that was me. Thanks for the greeting. I had one of those brief moments where I though somebody in a car was about to give me some grief. What a relief to see a smiling, friendly face, a wave and a clear gesture to the jersey mouthing the word 'boards' :) Just the kind of greeting to get me over the last few kms of a spin.

rachel wrote: »
    Saw someone in the blue jersey on Sunday around 12.45 or so on Churchtown road at the junction just before the Windy Arbour luas stop, gave a wave & a thumbs up then had to explain to my family in the car with me that I was waving at 'someone from boards' & no I didn't know who they were. Oh how they mocked me :(

• Registered Users Posts: 24,470 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Someone saw me yesterday at the Carrickmines exit roundabout, beeped and waved.

he was driving a transit taxi with a boards sticker on the back - anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

Sounds like Hermy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

Are reverse sightings permitted? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭catastrophy

Spotted two lads cycling into Ballinakill Co. Laois today from the Kilkenny side. One was wearing a boards jersey. Was on my way to work at the time.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,305 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

Indeed it was me - meant to post the sighting sooner.:)

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 8,050 ✭✭✭buffalo

So to whom did I say hello on the quays earlier today? Who nearly got clipped coming on to Usher's Quay too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,547 ✭✭✭funkyjebus

buffalo wrote: »
    So to whom did I say hello on the quays earlier today? Who nearly got clipped coming on to Usher's Quay too.

That was me, nice to see you Buffalo. I suppose you're talking about the guy who sailed through the stop sign on to the quays, or did someone else nearly take me out and I didn't notice!!

funkyjebus wrote: »
    That was me, nice to see you Buffalo. I suppose you're talking about the guy who sailed through the stop sign on to the quays, or did someone else nearly take me out and I didn't notice!!

Yep, that was the one. If you hadn't been anticipating it, it could've been painful.

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭Daithi BC

Spotted two lads cycling into Ballinakill Co. Laois today from the Kilkenny side. One was wearing a boards jersey. Was on my way to work at the time.

That was me - had a nice spin from Stradbally to Castlecomer, Ballinakill and then back to Stradbally. Great day for it.

This morning on the north quays, around 08.40. I was in the red jacket. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,547 ✭✭✭funkyjebus

buffalo wrote: »
    This morning on the north quays, around 08.40. I was in the red jacket. ;)

This could have been me again? With the warmer days I've lost the jacket, so this could become a weekly thing!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭christeb

someone in the old Boards jersey on George's St towards Dame St. 0750ish. Looked overdressed and (possibly) sweaty

Advertisement